Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,713 members, 7,820,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun (66671 Views)

Herdsmen Killings: OPC, Agbekoya Mobilize Fighters, Declare War On Killer Fulani / OPC To IPOB Chief: Stop Attacking Obasanjo, Tinubu / Ife Clash: Afenifere, OPC Kick Against One-sided Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by Originalsly: 10:32am On Jul 31, 2016
Hmmm....Arial bombardment....100 suspected militants killed....hmmm....they not sure who they bombed who they killed...but we are here clapping. I'll wait on the reports coming from the scene.

1 Like

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by steelmagnolia(f): 10:33am On Jul 31, 2016
onatisi:

They wont listen to you but rather insult you . When the real casualty and damage figures are released then maybe they will know who has been saying the truth.
cool

1 Like

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by dajan03: 10:34am On Jul 31, 2016
Tenkobos:
The op mentioned how the army killed about 100 militants and I was wondering why they haven't done that to the herdsmen that are destroying Benue.
herds men are killing in virtually every part of Nigeria, so can I safely say more than two-thirds of Nigeria is not in Nigeria?
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by naijacentric(m): 10:34am On Jul 31, 2016
HungerBAD:
I mean, this is a good move by the OPC.

The plan of the OPC is to protect, and not destroy their land. The Militants in the Niger Delta, are destroying their own lands, and his is why i support this move by the OPC.

So let us talk about these militants.

The Militants in the West are a product of two worlds. They are from Ondo State, which is in the West. But, they are the Ijaws and the Itsekiri from Ondo State, and these guys are not Yoruba's, but pure Niger Deltans, who by accident of wrongful map drawing, find themselves in the Western part of Nigeria.

A typical example is Oritsefemi the Musician, who is an Itsekiri, but from Ondo State.

So, we can safely say the militants hitting the Western part of Nigeria are actually Westerners, and so the OPC should be ready to fight against their own brothers.

Lastly, kudos goes to the Nigerian Military for the flushing out,bombing and killing of these militants.
do u want to change oritsefemi's state nawa for u he is from delta joor wen did itskekiri become part of ondo state get ur facts rite
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by twinskenny(m): 10:35am On Jul 31, 2016
KAYD007:

So, you want a nigerian journalist to go into ground zero to take confirmation pictures while bullets and bombs are flying over head?? Why not call in Richard quest of CNN to roll in the cameras? undecided
or amanpor
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by passyhansome(m): 10:35am On Jul 31, 2016
I have stopped been fooled by the Media, in as much am not in total support of the militants but this figures you just giving without any prove is just irritating. You know what am waiting for so show us if you had camera to show us Helicopter and Patrols, what stops you from showing us the militants corpse. I refuse to be deceived
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by LeFreakSoChic(f): 10:36am On Jul 31, 2016
Marvelous101:
Na wa o...2 A-jets just flew over my compound at ajegunle here o....Abeg o no militant here o

You don't know shiiiiiiiii grin
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by farouk0403(m): 10:40am On Jul 31, 2016
I want to remind the southsouth and the south east that tomorrow 1st August is your independent as you said.
if you didn't carried out what you promised,
I won't take anything that you said serious again, and I will tag you as chickens and caword,

5 Likes

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by oyinkinola: 10:40am On Jul 31, 2016
...things fall apart between avenger and biafran!
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by maxwell767(m): 10:43am On Jul 31, 2016
LeFreakSoChic:

Hahaha. Oya lo sun omo ale. wink

Omo dudu to rewa

Tele mi ka lo sun lipsrsealed
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by Optionalx: 10:49am On Jul 31, 2016
Nigerian Army used the word Vandals in this report, buh fifth columnists keep shouting ND/ijaw militants.

My question is what will ND militant will be doing in southwest states. The Last time I checked they were not pursuing any zoinist agenda. Make we take am easy dey fan this ember of hate o

1 Like

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by calabardick(m): 10:51am On Jul 31, 2016
.......please someone should lecture our journalists on the difference between MISSILE & BOMB.
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by Legitbaba(m): 10:53am On Jul 31, 2016
HungerBAD:
I mean, this is a good move by the OPC.

The plan of the OPC is to protect, and not destroy their land. The Militants in the Niger Delta, are destroying their own lands, and his is why i support this move by the OPC.

So let us talk about these militants.

The Militants in the West are a product of two worlds. They are from Ondo State, which is in the West. But, they are the Ijaws and the Itsekiri from Ondo State, and these guys are not Yoruba's, but pure Niger Deltans, who by accident of wrongful map drawing, find themselves in the Western part of Nigeria.

A typical example is Oritsefemi the Musician, who is an Itsekiri, but from Ondo State.

So, we can safely say the militants hitting the Western part of Nigeria are actually Westerners, and so the OPC should be ready to fight against their own brothers.

Lastly, kudos goes to the Nigerian Military for the flushing out,bombing and killing of these militants.

FEMI is Delta..not Ondo....

1 Like

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by onatisi(m): 10:53am On Jul 31, 2016
Originalsly:
Hmmm....Arial bombardment....100 suspected militants killed....hmmm....they not sure who they bombed who they killed...but we are here clapping. I'll wait on the reports coming from the scene.
This is exactly what I have been saying. But it seems some people see this issue as a Yoruba vs ijaw issue. For the past 4 days aerial bombardment has been going on and many still see it as a good sign

1 Like

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by SaffronSpice: 11:00am On Jul 31, 2016
kikake:
Some people may not even understand what is going on now in this throwing bombs and firing into areas where civilians are mixed with militants.

Some groups in Nigeria want to repeat in the south of Nigeria the type of human destruction and economic insecurity done in northern Nigeria with Boko Haram fight.

Not supporting this set of militants killing innocent civilians in the south west region, but the whole issue of militancy arose from decades of northern Nigeria's refusal of political reforms in Nigeria.

The present throwing of bombs into areas where civilians are mixed with militants in the southwest is just a rehearsal for what's to come to the south south, and in extension, the south east.

If Nigeria is truly a nation, no military officer can contemplate throwing bombs and firing into areas where civilians are mixed with militants.
What you are implicitly saying is that they should be allowed to continue terrorising the people,yes?
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by Elsquidme(m): 11:03am On Jul 31, 2016
That only happens when a GENERAL is in POWER.
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by mrsiso(m): 11:06am On Jul 31, 2016
Two fighter jets just took off again. more bombardment
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by onatisi(m): 11:12am On Jul 31, 2016
mrsiso:
Two fighter jets just took off again. more bombardment
This is getting more serious than ppl are thinking but it seems the residents and ppl in that state are happy about it ,so no problem.

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by erico2k2(m): 11:17am On Jul 31, 2016
This is weird, The vast majority of the so called Militant attacks on Oil installations are in Delta,Bayelsa and Rivers state, teh FG never Bombed anywhere there rather are in dialogue with the Militants, and in the Sw they chose to bombard more than 5 communities and I can see some people from that region titillating just cos they do not live in such areas, who knows what the military are playing at or rather the FG,

1 Like

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 31, 2016
[quote author=onatisi post=48047366][/quote]hate from now till jesus comes, nobody gives a damn. We will only say, hatred is ur cross, u must carry it.
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by goldman777: 11:29am On Jul 31, 2016
onatisi:

They wont listen to you but rather insult you . When the real casualty and damage figures are released then maybe they will know who has been saying the truth.

Abeg how e take concern u facefront every of ur fellow terrorist evil militants colleagues in d bush creeks have been eradicated ur here talking thrash.which responsible humanbeing will build house deep inside the creek bushes away from civilization in lagos state.the only answer is criminals of ur kind.yoruba,s are not complaining so get sense and keep shut

5 Likes

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:29am On Jul 31, 2016
I totally condemn the activities of these militants. However, hypocrisy is not good. Most of these guys commenting here are the first people to shout that "Gaddafi is very wicked and that he is killing his own people, Saddaem Housenni is bombing his own people in Iraq, Syrian president is killing his own people" ,etc.

My point is this:there are certain responsible ways to sniff out the lives of these militants or stop their violent activities without causing a collateral damage thereby putting the lives of the civilian population in high risk by sheer use of INTELLIGENCE GATHERING. We need to invest in this military technology. We can't solve a particular problem by creating another big monster. Unfortunately, this brazen bombardment will surely EMBOLDENED this militants and ultimately turning the southwest to a war zone in the near future. We can learn from the brazen killing of the boko haram leader and how that zone has been turned to a war zone. Military actions should always be the last OPTION.

1 Like

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by delishpot: 11:30am On Jul 31, 2016
Tenkobos:
The op mentioned how the army killed about 100 militants and I was wondering why they haven't done that to the herdsmen that are destroying Benue.

Exactly my thought. No one throws boms at those herds men, no one has tried to locate their camps, no one has done anything to them. Even booHaram would be jealous of the treatment given to those herdsmen. This should show you that to get away with any crime, just pose as herdsmen.

2 Likes

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by airsaylongcon: 11:32am On Jul 31, 2016
modath:

It's not what i want , it's genuine curiousity ....The thread is about OPC and South west, you made mention of Benue that is nowhere near and has zero to do with SW... It's imperative to ask.. cool

Benue suffered a similar fate in the hands of the herdsmen from Libya. And the Nigerian military didn't shoot even one stone with catapult. So obviously Benue state is probably in Libya or Central African Republic

2 Likes

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by erico2k2(m): 11:33am On Jul 31, 2016
delishpot:

Exactly my thought. No one throws boms at those herds men, no one has tried to locate their camps, no one has done anything to them. Even booHaram would be jealous of the treatment given to those herdsmen. This should show you that to get away with any crime, just pose as herdsmen.
Plz listen to the guys up there, they Said Yoruba's are not complaining, so let us wait a bit, maybe another figure will come out.I do not like this.
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by delishpot: 11:41am On Jul 31, 2016
SaffronSpice:

What you are implicitly saying is that they should be allowed to continue terrorising the people,yes?

Brother, Open your ears to hear what he is saying. you should be concerned that the government sent in planes to bomb areas where civilians could be victims too. If they gather intelligence and split themselves into groups and raid the hideouts of those vandals, that would have been ideal.... our military men need to upgrade their undercover and criminal capture skills.

1 Like

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by erico2k2(m): 11:45am On Jul 31, 2016
delishpot:

Brother, Open your ears to hear what he is saying. you should be concerned that the government sent in planes to bomb areas where civilians could be victims too. If they gather intelligence and split themselves into groups and raid the hideouts of those vandals, that would have been ideal.... our military men need to upgrade their undercover and criminal capture skills.
from his expression he is more concerned of the ethnic cleansing of certain group of people from his state ratehr than criminals which I think is sad though
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by FuckTheM0ds(m): 11:50am On Jul 31, 2016
Generalkorex:

General I see u my guy there has been exchange of gun for over an hour now.
#nochurch2day
Boy common run go find somehwhere hide, probably the toilet.
Take cover oooo.
No commot o but in case sha. Carry your bible and plead God for forgiveness and be prepared incase .....,
Mah keep quiet sha
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by delishpot: 11:50am On Jul 31, 2016
erico2k2:

from his expression he is more concerned of the ethnic cleansing of certain group of people from his state ratehr than criminals which I think is sad though

I read through his post. He was clearly worried about the civilians who would be killed and tagged militants to cover the gross negligence and misconduct of the military. You should be sad for what Nigeria is turning into. Sad that if a man offends someone, the person enters his home/Village and Burns it down to the ground including his wife, kids and pet. That, is what is sad. Not the fact that someone states the error in the vengeful mans action.

I support 100% the eradication of crime and criminals. I just don't believe an innocent person should be considered collateral damage and unduly so. Better ways of doing things should be brought to the table.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Enugu North: Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Loses Senate Bid To Lp's Okey Ezea / Rotimi Akeredolu Is Ondo Governor-Elect - Punch / Blame Osinbajo & Tinubu For Power Staying In The North - Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.