Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun (66685 Views)

Herdsmen Killings: OPC, Agbekoya Mobilize Fighters, Declare War On Killer Fulani / OPC To IPOB Chief: Stop Attacking Obasanjo, Tinubu / Ife Clash: Afenifere, OPC Kick Against One-sided Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by NwabekeyiSimeon: 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2016
Fedayeen02:
mynd44

Lol. Typical Ibo man, running to the mods after looking for trouble. Na mouth una get. The guy didnt break any rules, shame.

7 Likes

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by months: 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2016
It is likely that military jets have miss fired and added to the body count of innocent civilians, remaining after the yoruba criminals onslaught in Yoruba land.

100 militant and yet not 1 picture. grin grin grin

APC and Tinubu have turned Nigerians to imbeci.le. Proper zombies!

1 Like

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2016
They are carrying out airstrikes without knowing the statistics of casualties. Please everyone try and see this movie '' Eye in the Sky''. It will give an insight on this topic. I know NA doesn't follow the rules of engagement and they never respect human rights. cry cry

2 Likes

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by erico2k2(m): 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
SaffronSpice:

Your sympathy for these vandals/militants have affected your reasoning so badly that you are even asking why the FG is not bombing the ND LOL.

Those in the ND are freedom fighters while these guys are criminals who are getting braver by the day;they even had the teremity to shoot at the convoy of a state comissioner and were gradually attacking communities away from the coast.

The military didn't just choose to bomb the communities.Pleas were made to them,and CDS Olonishakin gave the directive.

People from the region are happy because they don't sympathise with savages;as for people living in the affected areas,I know they'll prefer the action of the military to that of the vandals/militants.
It might interest you to know Im from the ND(Delta State), so re read my post Im sure this time you will see more meaning to it b4 coming to senseless conclusions.
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by delishpot: 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2016
SaffronSpice:

LOL.From the information available, the bombings are going on in the creeks/coastal areas which should have been deserted by now.

Splits up and raid the hideouts of vandals/militants on their turf in the creeks?
LOL.You want those criminals to take down our gallant military men Viet Cong style?

They should get training. That is why they have special forces and groups. That is why they have funds and tools to do their security jobs. . Deserted? With bombs and bullets raining down? Would you encourage anyone to make a deserting move under such conditions? If they can not fish out criminals within the country, how then can they plan a safe rescue of citizen on another country? Raiding a place is not done within a day, it takes months of planning, study, research and information gathering. Unless you mean to say Nigerian military just like to take the easy way out. Attack the people, destroy their villages and hope that you have done enough to discourage their activities. But Judging from times past, this technique has not enough forth positive change. This is a counter productive way.
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by modath(f): 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2016
excel101:
They would have did same by attacking those herdsmen that killed over 500 people in benue and about 100 in Enugu states respectively.

Do herdsmen congregate in camps?
Seems we just like to argue for argument sake without examining peculiarities of each individual situation!!

BTW, I will never support Fulani murderous rage when their cattles are killed or stolen but it is on record that Obiano had to pay for some of the herdsmen stolen cows in order to avert an attack, which I will never disparage him for, life is sacred and must be protected by any means necessary.... however, Did Arepo, Ishawo and elepete and co people steal or deprive the vandals of anything?

The truth is, a guard dog cannot watch over two different residences on 2 different streets, my main concern is my people, however I wish every other group well.. thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by months: 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2016
Iefosa:
They are carrying out airstrikes without knowing the statistics of casualties. Please everyone try and see this movie '' Eye in the Sky''. It will give an insight on this topic. I know NA doesn't follow the rules of engagement and they never respect human rights. cry cry

Nairaland home page is now a joke. Every thread the zombie mods makes sure only zombies comment before they send to home page.

No critical question are asked or objections raised, just praise singers. The country is finished.

1 Like

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by Fedayeen02: 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2016
NwabekeyiSimeon:

Lol. Typical Ibo man, running to the mods after looking for trouble. Na mouth una get. The guy didnt break any rules, shame.
undecided
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by saintdennis(m): 12:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
onatisi:

That is the problem with majority of Nigerians,they simply dont have the ability to think far ahead. With the huge number of soldiers and weapons that Nigeria has ,why should a handful of militants operating in a creek require 3 days of aerial bombardment in a civilian area to dislodge them??
Is this the modern way of moping out criminals from creeks?
By Friday when the real number of civilians and innocent ppl killed begin to come out ,the same ppl hailing the army now will start insulting buhari. Nigerians only think after taking action they dont think before taking it. Most of those militants must have left the area since they knew the military were coming because the military gave the warning. No sensible militant will wait to be killed,most of those killed will be those innocent civilians living or working in that area.

Bro pls Google WW-II and baifran war... check out the casualties and explain to me why the side with the 'lesser casualty' still lost the war?

It's an operation to smoke out and kill... not an invasion. If the Nigerian army had invaded those creeks by now many army men will be dead or u think it's cutlass militants are carrying?

Please if u don't know anything about military strategy keep quiet... it's nigerians like u that will start protesting when FG begins bombing of creeks in ND

3 Likes

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by oyinkinola: 12:28pm On Jul 31, 2016
....everyone agree that west is the home of peace.......do you want the God of peace fold arms and watching until his home is destroyed?
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by gretblue: 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
months:

My brother all this personal attacks are unwarranted.

I am not a yoruba hater, i just want to confirm that militant are attacking the SW.

Show us prove of burnt militant. Just one militant corpse.
grin grin grin
You are not a Yoruba hater but you are more than Militants sympathizer which is harmful to the society at large.

3 Likes

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by Olushauneddy(m): 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
When the militants were causing havoc in their region how many fighter jets intervene? But now it seems they've pass their boundaries that's why they have to be flushed out because we are not one Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by onatisi(m): 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
saintdennis:

Bro pls Google WW-II and baifran war... check out the casualties and explain to me why the side with the 'lesser casualty' still lost the war?

It's an operation to smoke out and kill... not an invasion. If the Nigerian army had invaded those creeks by now many army men will be dead or u think it's cutlass militants are carrying?

Please if u don't know anything about military strategy keep quiet... it's nigerians like u that will start protesting when FG begins bombing of creeks in ND
no problem
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by months: 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2016
gretblue:

You are not a Yoruba hater but you are more than Militants sympathizer.

I am not a Zombie and if u have any evidence of militant activities kindly present them or shut up.

U want me to join your tribal bull shit and start hating a particular tribe, sorry, they have done nothing but feed this whole country since independence.

Lagos was built on Ijaw oil money.So was Abuja and Kano.
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by SaffronSpice: 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2016
months:
YORUBAS AND LIES ARE LIKE BREAD AND BUTTER.

WE HAVE BEEN HEARING IJAW MILITANT BUT NOT ONE PICTURE OF THE MILITANT WE HAVE SEEN TILL DATE.

OK MILITARY KILL 100 MILITANT THE HEADLINE READS, WE ARE BEGGING YORUBAS TO PRESENT US WITH ONLY ONE DEAD MILITANT CORPSE AS EVIDENCE.

IF NOT MAY 100 AFONJA DROWN IN OGUN RIVER. IRANU OSHI!
That's press sensationalism for you;what's important is that the lazy nitwits are under attack.
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by graphiti: 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2016
modath:

Why did you say so,?

*Modified*

Since some of you were in amnesaic coma when Jonathan was in government and terrorist herdsmen were on rampage in Benue and environs and are now intent on showing una bias, check below....

This is a major difference I notice in d sw: they speak and act against crime/criminal elements!

By now, some 'others' will be shouting:

''genocide... they are killing our (criminal) brothers''
"ICC, UN, AU must hear about ds"
bla bla bla......

SMH

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by yorisayo(m): 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
Please don't be tribaistic nigeria military most eradicate miitancy, for pease to rain in nigeria, NDA should stop miitancy or else what happen to odi in bayelsa will happen only pity the innocent ones, same also to BOKO boys, but if una all refuse make una no run don't hide then let see what we happen.... wel don job Nigeria Army, Nigeria, Navy, Nigeria Airforce kill them all victory come from God only

1 Like

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by gretblue: 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
months:

I am not a Zombie and if u have any evidence of militant activities kindly present them or shut up.

U want me to join your tribal bull shit and start hating a particular tribe, sorry, they have done nothing but feed this whole country since independence.

Lagos was built on Ijaw oil money.So was Abuja and Kano.
You don't believe Militants invasion of Lagos and Ogun but with your usual selfish trait you want us to believe Fulani herdsmen invaded Enugu. You said Ijaw has been feeding the Nation since Independence.Alas may be you should have asked your elders what the Nation was feeding with prior to the Independent.

2 Likes

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by graphiti: 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2016
olabukola:
Hope this guy is wrong otherwise

Do ur finding 'pro-prolly' and u'll find out dt guy is not 'adeyinka grandson' as claimed.

We know 'dem'..... no be 2day!

1 Like

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by SaffronSpice: 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2016
erico2k2:

It might interest you to know Im from the ND(Delta State), so re read my post Im sure this time you will see more meaning to it b4 coming to senseless conclusions.
I couldn't careless about what hole you sprung out fromlipsrsealed.
Your analysis is as expected-- biased & predictable.
Not everyone sympathises with lazy vandals/militants or believes in your non-existent conspiracy.

1 Like

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by oyinkinola: 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2016
....when these beast desending on lagosian, search houses and slaughter human being like animals you people don't have gut to condem them now that afonja agbogun gboro is fighting back you are crying genocide, cry holocaust, we wont stop until we finished all the beast in our creek!

2 Likes

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by graphiti: 12:46pm On Jul 31, 2016
LordCenturion:
Until I see the picture of those corpses

Then when u finally see d pictures, u begin shout 'Genocide' abi?

2 Likes

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by millionboi(m): 12:47pm On Jul 31, 2016
ycat:
Finally someone has decided to do the right thing. Only stupid people wait till the last minute before doing something. We have to be proactive.
Millitants are in the creek,army are just killin innocent civillians with bomb
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by adanny01(m): 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2016
Tenkobos:
Are you aware that the army and police were notified of the looming herdsmen attack on Enugu?

Are you also aware that neither the army nor the police did anything to stop the attack but when the youths tried to go after the killers the army and police stepped in and arrested them all?

1. When an intelligence is recieved of a planned attack, it is not the entire police or army or the government that takes a decision. Usually, the police commisioner or the governor authorises the police to take any action they deem fit to protect lives. The point is, you cannot blame the entire police for inaction, blame the authorising officer who didnt take action. In Enugu's case the officer was transfered as a form of discipline.

In Plateau state for instance when attacks at a point became daily, you still cannot blame the police because of the nature of topography and settlement cluster/density. The average Plateau man is a farmer and lives in the farm house with his family. That gives an advantage to attackers because one house to another could be as far as a kilometer with no access road for vehicular movement. The security officials dont have numbers to protect every house. Even if they did, attackers come in a number that a 1 or 2 policemen will be decimated with the village.

2. I expect you to have used common sense on the second point you raised.

If your brother slaps you he can be arrested for assault. When you retaliate, you will also be arrested together with him for fighting. Same when a community attacks another, you can only defend yourself from the attack. After the attack if you go on an attack too, you will be arrested.

The law stops us from becoming a lawless society. There are channels to seek vengeance, but the way must not be another crime. Retaliating a crime with another crime means lawlessness. The police and army have the constitutional responsibility to stop lawlessness in any form. The only painful fact is that getting justice in Nigeria is highly difficult.

I come from a state where total breakdown of law and order is a usual occurance. We have been repeatedly stopped from attacking to prevent a lawless situation. There is a movie "The purge: election year". You need to watch it. Those days when communities declare war on others claiming lands and property is over with the coming of civilisation.

1 Like

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by months: 12:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
gretblue:

You don't believe Militants invasion of Lagos and Ogun but with your usual selfish trait you want us to believe Fulani herdsmen invaded Enugu. You said Ijaw has been feeding the Nation since Independence.Alas may be you should have asked your elders what the Nation was feeding with prior to the Independent.

We saw evidence in Benue, we saw evidence in Enugu, where is the evidence in Ogun?

Abi the militants are ghost ni? Even their dead body turn to spirit that we cannot see?

E no go better 4 who do una this thing.
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by graphiti: 12:59pm On Jul 31, 2016
months:

My brother all this personal attacks are unwarranted.

I am not a yoruba hater, i just want to confirm that militant are attacking the SW.

Show us prove of burnt militant. Just one militant corpse .
grin grin grin
gretblue:

You are not a Yoruba hater but you are more than Militants sympathizer which is harmful to the society at large.

Hehehehehe......, ds pipo nor go kee parzin wit laff sha!

When u get ur 'proofs' na 2 begin shout 'Genocide', 'defenseless citizens', 'ICC, UN, EU' etc.

NA don wise-up.

If u wan 'proofs', u fit carry ur 'chinko' phone go snap pinshure urself!

#case~closed!

4 Likes

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by Izonpikin: 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2016
superstar1:
Militants my foot.

Do they even have half of the madness of Charles Taylor and he was pounded into submission by our Army-led ECOMOG.

BH with all their gra gra, have been decimated by the same Army.

I pity ND, when Operations move into th theatre. The ashes of all those noise makers will not even be seen talkless of giving them a befitting burial.
the ND is a whole different issue...The so called militants in the SW are arrant criminals who rob and kill people...The emancipators in the ND fight for resource control...They dont go about killing and maiming people for fun...If th3 FG is looking for such ones let them go and bombard the sea pirates that have been on the rampage killing innocent persons..get that into your head..
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by erico2k2(m): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
SaffronSpice:

I couldn't careless about what hole you sprung out fromlipsrsealed.
Your analysis is as expected-- biased & predictable.
Not everyone sympathises with lazy vandals/militants or believes in your non-exsistent conspiracy.
Guy go and sleep , you lot are confused souls,Nothing in my post suggest support for criminality so stop masturbating at my mention.Fact remains , all those killed wont be the IJAWS only.You will also come here and cry us a river too.Stick to the HOLE you belong since that's where people who do not agree with you live in Sadist mtcheew
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by BrainnewsNg(f): 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2016
dunkem21:
God bless GEJ cool
The same OPC that protected the waterways but had their licences terminated..
Again, God bless GEJ cheesy
Hmmmmm ok
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by gretblue: 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
months:

We saw evidence in Benue, we saw evidence in Enugu, where is the evidence in Ogun?

Abi the militants are ghost ni? Even their dead body turn to spirit that we cannot see?
Militants sympathizer.We know your allegiance with the Militants is because of the oil.

E no go better 4 who do una this thing.
Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by SaffronSpice: 1:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
delishpot:

They should get training. That is why they have special forces and groups. That is why they have funds and tools to do their security jobs. . Deserted? With bombs and bullets raining down? Would you encourage anyone to make a deserting move under such conditions? If they can not fish out criminals within the country, how then can they plan a safe rescue of citizen on another country? Raiding a place is not done within a day, it takes months of planning, study, research and information gathering. Unless you mean to say Nigerian military just like to take the easy way out. Attack the people, destroy their villages and hope that you have done enough to discourage their activities. But Judging from times past, this technique has not enough forth positive change. This is a counter productive way.

We all know the Nigerian military is a work in progress;but with all the skirmishes they've had with the ND militants,I want to believe they have a unit that deals with amphibious operations.

The communities were deserted-according to reports-when the criminals intensified their activities there.

If the military have to take the pains of planning their attacks for months against these guys,that means they have superior weapons.
This sorts well with the allegations that they are militants.
If they are mere armed vandals,the present attacks should be enough to wipe them off.

From the information available,no village has been destroyed.

2 Likes

Re: OPC To Give Protective Service In Ijegun by delishpot: 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
SaffronSpice:

We all know the Nigerian military is a work in progress;but with all the skirmishes they've had with the ND militants,I want to believe they have a unit that deals with amphibious operations.

The communities were deserted-according to reports-when the criminals intensified their activities there.

If the military have to take the pains of planning their attacks for months against these guys,that means they have superior weapons.
This sorts well with the allegations that they are militants.
If they are mere armed vandals,the present attacks should be enough to wipe them off.

From the information available,no village has been destroyed.

If no village with civilians was attacked, them I withdraw my case

As for saying proper planning and acessment of a situation means the suspect has more weapons than the military is a very wrong assumption. Even bursting a prostitution ring, a child trafficking ring, a food smuggling gang, may require the security agency involved to lay low, collect information and plan the best way to attack and burst the gang. It doesn't have to do only with who has better firepower rather to help them catch leading members, catch them in the act etc .
I understand now that you he military don't wantbto take chances hence they took this route

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Blame Osinbajo & Tinubu For Power Staying In The North - Adeyanju / Adamu Announces Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate At NWC Meeting / Soldiers And IPOB Clash In Abia, Dangote Truck On Fire (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.