Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Is Bible The Word of God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Bible The Word of God? (12483 Views)

Is Bible The Word Of God? The Bible And Paedophilia. / Is Bible God/jesus Word? / Killing Children Is Bible Miracle! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by kimba(m): 8:52am On May 10, 2006
@Reverend, Ajisafe and co, who dont believe that the Bible is the word of God, and who believe there is no God.

Read Job chapter 38, and answer all the questions there, question for question from your aethist point of view.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Ajisafe: 9:13am On May 10, 2006
@ Kimba,
I am not an atheist. I believe in God, but not the way you believe. Also I believe that your bible is definitely not the word of God. I'll show it to you -- just be patient.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Reverend(m): 9:21am On May 10, 2006
@ Kimba

@Reverend, Ajisafe and co, who don't believe that the Bible is the word of God and who believe there is no God.

Your rants and raves are becoming more and more futile and feeble by the hour. I have never said that I do not believe in God. I have only ever said that I do not believe that the bible is the word of God.

The Bible was not handed to mankind by God, nor was it dictated to human stenographers by God. It has nothing to do with God. In actuality the bible is the word of a group of men during the 4th century.

My disbelief of the Bible is founded on a pure and religious belief in God; for in my opinion the Bible is a gross libel against the justice and goodness of God, in almost every part of it.

Taken that you now should finally understand that I do not accept the bible as being Gods word, why do you tell me and the others to go and read Job - chapter 38 for?

Why don't you go and read page 78 of William Shakespeares 'the Tempest' it has just as much meaning and is better written!

Once you will understand that the Bible is strictly a man-made collection of mythology the mind loses yet another shackle of "revelation" and is soon on its way to full freedom and progress.

Not so long ago, man thought that the Earth was flat and that if you sailed far enough you would fall off the edge.

Is that what you still believe Kimba? , Maybe you do!
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by TayoD(m): 12:30pm On May 10, 2006
Dear Reverend,

Yours is a reverend without a Revelation. Of you it is written "If the blind lead the blind, shall not they both end up in the ditch?" (paraphrase). If you do not consider the Bible the word of God why waste your time and the time of your lost sheep setting up a church? Though I'm convinced that your establishment is only a church by name and not in character, but please, have pity on those blind folks even if you dont have on yours.

You just started a thread on this forum recently about God and Erection. In it, you quoted profusely from the Bible and you attributed what you said to God. Are you not confused and trying to confuse others. Do you just pick and choose what your parochial mindset wants from the Bible as if you are in the supermarket? God has given you a choice. It is either ALL or NOTHING.

'All Scriptures is given by inspiration of God, ' 'Men pf God wrote as they were moved by the Holy Ghost, " Which of these scriptures don't you understand? Or is it becasue there is no refernce to sex in them that you chose to discard them. Of you it is written "You go to the ends of the earth to make a disciple and you end up making such twice the son of hell that you are." (paraphrase). I feel so sorry for you. It is obvious that "you are ever learning but never coming to the knowledge of truth."

Apostle Paul puts it beautifully: "I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greeks."
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Logical(m): 4:17pm On May 10, 2006
hmm let me say something about the certain way some people, tend to take things. You can't use an unacknowledged refrence to explain things to someone who doesnt belief in it.

Christians belief is based on faith, not necessarily proveable facts and thus that explains the reason why all their arguments sometimes would come with quotes from the book you don't acknowledge.

It is best, not to argue in regards, except just lay down your opinion and thats that. Is Bible God's word? Yes or No, and do explain. Attack points with points of relevance and widely acceptable ethics. Not just raise points that can be only accepted by those who believe based on faith.

That is the only way you can reach to a very interesting compromise based on a widely acceptable understanding of things in general.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by jagunlabi(m): 4:24pm On May 10, 2006
This is why the bible can never be the word of God.Read this write up.I have posted it before on another thread,but here it is again.

[center]Divine confusion [/center]

[b]Most Christians today believe that the gospels of the New Testament present an essentially accurate account of the life of Jesus Christ, the 'only-begotten Son of God', who was born of a virgin, wandered Galilee as a preacher and miracle-worker at the start of the 1st century, died on a cross to redeem the sins of mankind, and then rose from the dead three days later and ascended into heaven. However, the four gospels contain such glaring inconsistencies and contradictions that they are clearly not reliable historical reports. So if they are the 'word of God', then God must be terribly confused!

The Gospels of Matthew and Luke go to great lengths to show that Jesus is descended from the line of David, as the promised messiah must be according to Jewish beliefs. But apart from agreeing that Jesus was fathered by Joseph, the two genealogies bear no resemblance to each other at all; Matthew lists 28 generations and Luke 43. Furthermore, their relevance is unclear since the authors of the two gospels also say that Jesus was born of a virgin who was impregnated by the Holy Spirit.* The Gospels of Mark and John, by contrast, make no mention of Jesus' family descent or the virgin birth.

*The Holy Spirit was traditionally regarded as feminine. Hence the wry comment made in the apocryphal Gospel of Philip (25): 'Some said "Mary conceived by the holy spirit." They are in error. . . . When did a woman ever conceive by a woman?'
Matthew tells us that Jesus was born during the reign of King Herod, who died in 4 BCE (before common era). But Luke states that Jesus was about 30 in the 15th year of Tiberius' reign, implying that he was born in 2 BCE, i.e. after Herod's death. He then contradicts himself by stating that John the Baptist and Jesus were miraculously conceived six months apart in the reign of Herod, but that Jesus was born at the time of the census of Quirinius, which took place in 6 CE (common era), thereby creating the miracle of a ten-year pregnancy!

The Gospels of Mark and John do not contain any nativity story, while the nativity stories given by Matthew and Luke have nothing in common except the names of Jesus' parents and the location of his birth in Bethlehem. John however says that Jesus is from Galilee and that the Jews rejected him because he was not from Bethlehem. Only Matthew mentions the guiding star, the three wise men and Herod's murder of all the infant boys in Bethlehem, while only Luke mentions the Roman census, the appearance of angels to the shepherds tending their flocks (in the winter?!) and the shepherds' visit to Jesus.

Matthew says that Joseph and Mary lived in Bethlehem, while Luke says that they lived in Nazareth. Matthew says that they fled to Egypt immediately after Jesus' birth and then went to Nazareth when Herod died, while Luke says they remained in Bethlehem following Jesus' birth so that he could be presented in the temple of Jerusalem eight days later. Only Luke mentions Jesus' amazing exhibition of learning in the temple at the age of 12.

The scene where Jesus drives the traders and moneychangers out of the temple is placed at the beginning of John's narrative but at the end of Matthew's. Mark has Jesus teaching only in the area of Galilee and not in Judea, and only travelling the 70 miles to Jerusalem once, at the end of his life. Luke, however, portrays Jesus as teaching equally in Galilee and Judea, while John's Jesus preaches mainly in Jerusalem and makes only occasional visits to Galilee. There are major discrepancies regarding the names of the disciples. According to Mark, Matthew and Luke (the synoptic gospels), Peter, James and John are Jesus' closest followers. In John's gospel, however, Peter plays only a minor role and James and John are not even mentioned, but there is mention of Nathenael and Nicodemus, who make no appearance in the other three gospels.

Even the events surrounding the all-important crucifixion are not uniformly recorded by the gospels. Matthew and Mark say that Jesus was both tried and sentenced by the Jewish priests of the Sanhedrin, Luke says that Jesus was tried by the Sanhedrin but not sentenced by them, while according to John, Jesus did not appear before the Sanhedrin at all. Jesus then goes to his death by crucifixion -- yet Paul and Peter say he was 'hanged on a tree' (Galatians 3:13, Acts 5:30, 10:39). John places Jesus' death on the eve of the Passover, whereas the other gospels place it on the following day. The story of a centurion piercing Jesus' side with a spear is found only in John's Gospel. The gospels give three versions of Jesus' last words: 'My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?'* (Matthew and Mark); 'Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit!' (Luke); and 'I thirst. . . . It is finished' (John).

*This is a mistranslation of the Hebrew. It should read: 'My God, my God, how thou dost glorify me!' [1]
In John's Gospel there is only one woman visitor to Jesus' tomb, in Matthew there are two, and in Mark three, while Luke writes of numerous women had who had followed Jesus from Galilee. According to Mark, when the three women disciples found the empty tomb they saw a young man in a white robe inside, while Luke relates that 'two men in dazzling apparel' suddenly appeared. Matthew, however, paints a far more dramatic picture:

And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone, and sat upon it. His appearance was like lightning, his raiment white as snow. (28:2)
In Matthew the resurrected Jesus appears to his disciples in Galilee, where they have been sent by divine decree. According to Luke and the Acts of the Apostles, on the other hand, the risen Jesus appeared in and around Jerusalem, and according to Acts the disciples were expressly forbidden to leave Jerusalem. The earliest versions of Mark's Gospel end with the fear of the women at their discovery of the empty tomb (16:cool. The 'long ending' in which the risen Jesus appears to his disciples, was added later but is now included in nearly all editions of the New Testament. The last chapter of John's Gospel, containing Jesus' post-resurrection appearances, is also a later addition. Luke's Gospel is the only one to include an appearance in Jerusalem in which Jesus convinces his disciples that he is not a mere phantom by inviting them to handle his flesh and bones and by eating a piece of broiled fish!

Matthew and John ignore the ascension of Jesus. Luke mentions it only in one brief verse, a sort of postscript not found in some manuscripts, and it receives an equally cursory mention in the verses later added to Mark's Gospel. Luke places the ascension on the day of the resurrection, and Acts 40 days after (1:3). During his ministry, Jesus repeatedly predicts that the apocalyptic Last Judgement will occur within the lifetime of some of his contemporaries, but nearly 2000 years later the Second Coming has still not occurred, though some fundamentalists continue to proclaim -- rather optimistically -- that 'the end is nigh'! [/b]
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by TayoD(m): 4:24pm On May 10, 2006
Logical,

I know you are a moslem, and I respect your choice.  Can you prove to me that God gave the Qu'ran to Mohammed?  can you prove that point by point?

The evidence of the Bible being God's word is numerous.  We could take it from the point of view of prophecies fulfilled, current world event, the veracity of its claims adn the power it has to heal the sick, raise the dead and meet all needs based on faith in the God who wrote it.

While you can also try to prove other stuffs to me, I can tell you I do not acknowledge them and they are nothing but BULL**** to me.  The Bible reveals the beginning of creation, what goes on between the beginning and the ending.  It reveals God's plan for salvation and the eventual conquest of evil.  What other books does this.  What other book makes such bold claims that can be verified by today's events?  I dare say none, but you can prove me otherwise.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by jagunlabi(m): 4:30pm On May 10, 2006
The bible is very fallible with it's ambiguous and contradictory texts and myths.It is a book that cannot stand the severe scrutiny of biblical scholars without crumbling to pieces.
And since the word of God is supposed to be infallible,and can stand firm like a rock under any degree of scholarly scrutiny,therefore the bible does not qualify to be called "The word of God".
It is just a book that talks about the jewish myths and legends, and that's all there is to it.No more,no less.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Ajisafe: 4:39pm On May 10, 2006
I can prove to anybody that the Author of the al-Qur'an was Allah. The Qur'an was Allah's inspiration to the Holy Prophet Muhammad. Neither Allah nor Muhammad wrote the Qur'an by their hands; the Arch-Angel Jibril (Gabriel) was the Conduit in this wise.

@ Jagunlabi,

Again! Kudos.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Logical(m): 4:44pm On May 10, 2006
Why the Quran is Gods word?

1. The content can be logically understood if given an open mind.

2. The science of it, imagine a book wrote 1400+ years ago(if not a revelation from God) and has things to attest to some scientific findings of today?

One example:

Embryology
Statements referring to human reproduction and development are scattered throughout the Qur'an. It is only recently that the scientific meaning of some of these verses has been appreciated fully.

"He makes you in the wombs of your mothers in stages, one after another, in three veils of darkness."

This statement is from Sura 39:6. We do not know when it was realized that human beings underwent development in the uterus (womb), but the first known illustration of a fetus in the uterus was drawn by Leonardo da Vinci in the 15th century. In the 2nd century A.D., Galen described the placenta and fetal membranes in his book "On The Formation of the Foetus." Consequently, doctors in the 7th century A.D. likely knew that the human embryo developed in the uterus. It is unlikely that they knew that it developed in stages, even though Aristotle had described the stages of development of the chick embryo in the 4th century B.C. The realization that the human embryo develops in stages was not discussed and illustrated until the 15th century.

"Then We placed him as a drop in a place of rest."
This statement is from Sura 23:13. The drop or nutfah has been interpreted as the sperm or spermatozoon, but a more meaningful interpretation would be the zygote which divides to form a blastocyst which is implanted in the uterus ("a place of rest"wink. This interpretation is supported by another verse in the Qur'an which states that "a human being is created from a mixed drop." The zygote forms by the union of a mixture of the sperm and the ovum ("The mixed drop"wink.

"Then We made the drop into a leech-like structure."

This statement is from Sura 23:14. The word "alaqah" [/b]refers to a leech or bloodsucker. This is an appropriate description of the human embryo from days 7-24 when it clings to the endometrium of the uterus, in the same way that a leech clings to the skin. Just as the leech derives blood from the host, the human embryo derives blood from the decidua or pregnant endometrium. It is remarkable how much the embryo of 23-24 days resembles a leech (Fig. 2). As there were no microscopes or lenses available in the 7th century, doctors would not have known that the human embryo had this leech-like appearance. In the early part of the fourth week, the embryo is just visible to the unaided eye because it is smaller than a kernel of wheat.

[b] "Then of that leech-like structure, We made a chewed lump."

This statement is also from Sura 23:14. The Arabic word "mudghah" means "chewed substance or chewed lump." Toward the end of the fourth week, the human embryo looks somewhat like a chewed lump of flesh (Fig. 3). The chewed appearance results from the somites which resemble teeth marks. The somites represent the beginnings or primordia of the vertebrae.
"Then We made out of the chewed lump, bones, and clothed the bones in flesh."

This continuation of Sura 23:14 [/b]indicates that out of the chewed lump stage, bones and muscles form. This is in accordance with embryological development. First the bones form as cartilage models and then the muscles (flesh) develop around them from the somatic mesoderm.

[b] "Then We developed out of it another creature."

This next part of Sura 23:14 [/b]implies that the bones and muscles result in the formation of another creature. This may refer to the human-like embryo that forms by the end of the eighth week. At this stage it has distinctive human characteristics and possesses the primordia of all the internal and external organs and parts. After the eighth week, the human embryo is called a fetus. This may be the new creature to which the verse refers.

[b]"And He gave you hearing and sight and feeling and understanding."

This part of[b] Sura 32:9 [/b]indicates that the special senses of hearing, seeing, and feeling develop in this order, which is true. The primordia of the internal ears appear before the beginning of the eyes, and the brain (the site of understanding) differentiates last.

"Then out of a piece of chewed flesh, partly formed and partly unformed."
This part of Sura 22:5 seems to indicate that the embryo is composed of both differentiated and undifferentiated tissues. For example, when the cartilage bones are differentiated, the embryonic connective tissue or mesenchyme around them is undifferentiated. It later differentiates into the muscles and ligaments attached to the bones.

"And We cause whom We will to rest in the wombs for an appointed term."
This next part of [b]Sura 22:5 [/b]seems to imply that God determines which embryos will remain in the uterus until full term. It is well known that many embryos abort during the first month of development, and that only about 30% of zygotes that form, develop into fetuses that survive until birth. This verse has also been interpreted to mean that God determines whether the embryo will develop into a boy or girl.

The interpretation of the verses in the Qur'an referring to human development would not have been possible in the 7th century A.D., or even a hundred years ago. We can interpret them now because the science of modern Embryology affords us new understanding. Undoubtedly there are other verses in the Qur'an related to human development that will be understood in the future as our knowledge increases.

Forgive me for my deviation and I know this is very logical.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by KAG: 4:46pm On May 10, 2006
TayoD:

The evidence of the Bible being God's word is numerous. We could take it from the point of view of prophecies fulfilled, current world event, the veracity of its claims adn the power it has to heal the sick, raise the dead and meet all needs based on faith in the God who wrote it.

Even if Logical doesn't care for your suggestion, may I still see them (the evidence that is)

While you can also try to prove other stuffs to me, I can tell you I do not acknowledge them and they are nothing but BULL**** to me. The Bible reveals the beginning of creation, what goes on between the beginning and the ending. It reveals God's plan for salvation and the eventual conquest of evil. What other books does this. What other book makes such bold claims that can be verified by today's events? I dare say none, but you can prove me otherwise.

Erm, a literal reading of the Bible, does not align with today's science, and I'm sure I've heard Hindus, Muslims, and Jews make the same claim you have. I'm sure there are other people from other religions who will make that claim.

Ajisafe:

I can prove to anybody that the Author of the al-Qur'an was Allah. The Qur'an was Alah's inspiration to the Holy Prophet Muhammad. Neither Allah nor Muhammad wrote the Qur'an by their hands; the Arch-Angel Jibril (Gabriel) was the Conduit in this wise.

If you do, you'd be the first. Can I see your proof? If you don't mind, and you have time to spare.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Ajisafe: 4:52pm On May 10, 2006
The science of it, imagine a book wrote 1400+ years ago(if not a revelation from God) and has things to attest to some scientific findings of today?

And the Holy Prophet Muhammad was supposed to be an unlettered man -- he couldn't read or write. Imagine that!
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by TayoD(m): 4:57pm On May 10, 2006
I'm gonna reply you guys in stages as I have the time.

By the way, your assertion that he was unlettered makes no difference to anything. The Bible was written by dozens of authors with different educational backgrounds.

The Qu'ran was inspired quite alright, but not by God I dare say. I'll also give you reasons for my conclusions.

What is this about who wrote the Qu'ran? Angel Gabriel? Please make yourself clear. I want to kow the details.

and while you talk about the sciences of the Qu'ran. Didn't it say also that the sun sets in water? Does science say the same thing?
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by dominobaby(f): 4:58pm On May 10, 2006
Yes, it sure is.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Logical(m): 5:08pm On May 10, 2006
TayoD I am waiting for your logical explanation on why the Quran is not the word of God. smiley
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by mlksbaby(f): 5:19pm On May 10, 2006
@ Before TayoD gives you an answer, I'd like to know something from jagunlabi: is the Qur'an the infallible Word of God?

And Ajisafe: you find solace and self-congratulations in jagunlabi simply because he feeds your agenda. No problem with that, but sooner than later it'll be interesting to watch you guys turn on each other. It's only a matter of time.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Ajisafe: 5:24pm On May 10, 2006
I'm going to reply you guys in stages as I have the time.

By the way, your assertion that he was unlettered makes no difference to anything.  The Bible was written by dozens of authors with different educational backgrounds.

The Qu'ran was inspired quite alright, but not by God I dare say.  I'll also give you reasons for my conclusions.

What is this about who wrote the Qu'ran?  Angel Gabriel?  Please make yourself clear.  I want to kow the details.

and while you talk about the sciences of the Qu'ran.  Didn't it say also that the sun sets in water?  Does science say the same thing?

Man, you have only made a fool of yourself intelectually. Who is an author? An author may either pen the information himself or rather verbalize or dictate it to someone else. In those days, growing up in Ibadan, some old, unlettered granny would call me or any of my siblings to sit in front of her; she would then dictate to any of us whatever either to her son or daughter usually in a faraway place. When the same granny would later boast to a friend of hers she would say: "I wrote a letter to my son/daughter yesterday." Even though she didn't "write" the letter, there's no argument that she was the author of the letter. Hakeem Olajuwon's book was definitely written by a relatively unknown whiteman (Hakeem might have dictated specific accounts of events),but guess who got the author's credit -- Hakeem! The whiteman's name was almost inconspicuously written in fine prints.

The Qur'an's authorship goes like this:
ALLAH>inispires Jibril (Gabriel) >dictates to Muhammad's hearing > proclaims it aloud and the Believers in attendance write it down. Plain and simple.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Ajisafe: 5:30pm On May 10, 2006
And Ajisafe: you find solace and self-congratulations in jagunlabi simply because he feeds your agenda. No problem with that, but sooner than later it'll be interesting to watch you guys turn on each other. It's only a matter of time.

I can't believe that the kufars can get this negatively low. We rebuke that. Your evil intentions shall be yours (Amin!).
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Reverend(m): 5:31pm On May 10, 2006
The Koran is a book of myths, fables and fairy tales just like the bible.

For example: The Koran says men were turned into apes because they broke the Sabbath. This was a popular legend in Muhammad's day (Suras 2:65; 7:163-166)

Muhammad derived allot of his ideas from Eastern religions such as Zoroastrianism and Hinduism. All of these things were in existence long before Muhammad was born. Also many stories originate from the Jewish Talmud, the Midrash, and many apocryphal works.

The Koran like the bible is full of ridiculous contradictions!

Numerical Contradictions: There are many numerical contradictions in the Koran. God cannot make an error in doing simple calculations.

How many days did it take to create the Heavens and the Earth?

· QKoran7:54: Your guardian-Lord is Allah who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

· QuKoran0:3: Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

· QurKoran1:7: He it is Who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

· QuraKoran29: He Who created the heavens and earth and all that is between, in Six Days

The above verses clearly state that Allah ( God) created the heavens and the Earth in 6 days. But the verses below state

· QuranKoran : Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days ?

· Quran-Koran0: He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS…

· Quran-41:Korano He completed them (heavens) as seven firmaments in Two days and …

Now do the math: 2 (for earth) + 4 (for nourishment) + 2 (for heavens) = 8 days; and not 6 days.

You can see similar mistakes in the verses: Quran-4:11,Koran, and 4: 176 in inheritance law. In these verses one can see the total property after adding all distributed parts adds up more than the available property, i.e., the totals become more than 1 which are: 1.125 and 1.25. How come? A gross mathematical error, is it not?

The Holy Quran is full of inaccuracies, contradictions, inconsistencies, redundancies, a lack of chronologies or chapters, grammatical errors etc. One can find hundreds of contradictions/errors/inconsistencies in the Holy Quran and the above mentioned ayats are just selected samples from the Quran. But still it is a miracle to those who are blindfolded bigots.

“The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.”- Oliver Wendell Holmes
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by TayoD(m): 5:33pm On May 10, 2006
Common,

Have we descended to name-calling now?  

Good you put it in the right order anyway.  I thought you were saying something else in your earlier post.

What is your guarantee that it was the real Angel Gabrile that spoke to Mohammed?  The Bible talks about the fact that Satan himself disguises as an angel of light.  

If Mohammed could neither read nor write, how did he ensure that it was what he said word-for-word that was written down?  You know the longer your chain of communication, the more liable it is to corruption.  

And I pray you tell me why the same angel Gabriel that brought the news to Mary that she will give birth to the Messiah now come around and tell Mohammed things that are totally contrary?  Why do all the Books of the Bible written by various authors say the same thing about Jesus under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost, and yet one so-called prophet who is no doubt, a nationalist and with a racial superiority mentality now claim something much more different?

With the reputation of all those Prophets and that of Mohammed taken into consideration, why should I believe his revelations?
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Logical(m): 5:41pm On May 10, 2006
I would like to tackle Reverends post first.
@ Reverend
The verses below are not verses from the Quran? I see no Quran verse something chapter something? Please provide the refrences, so that we can see whether it is really true, what you claim.

· QuranKoran : Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days ?

· Quran-Koran0: He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS…

· Quran-41:Korano He completed them (heavens) as seven firmaments in Two days and …
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by mlksbaby(f): 5:42pm On May 10, 2006
Ajisafe:

I can't believe that the kufars can get this negatively low. We rebuke that. Your evil intentions shall be yours (Amin!).

Call me anything you like, from kufar to whatever: I've heard worse and it hasn't changed my skin colour nor affected the pirice of fish in the market. The low thinking and prejudices of guys like you was why I turned my back forever on Islam! It's a closed system that allows nobody to think for themselves, and you're acting it here.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Logical(m): 5:50pm On May 10, 2006
mlks_baby:

Call me anything you like, from kufar to whatever: I've heard worse and it hasn't changed my skin colour nor affected the pirice of fish in the market. The low thinking and prejudices of guys like you was why I turned my back forever on Islam! It's a closed system that allows nobody to think for themselves, and you're acting it here.

Are you sure? I taught Christianity is based on faith not logic?

Besides its a good thing to know the meaning of a word, before assuming smiley Kufar means unbeliver in the preachings of Islam.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Ajisafe: 5:52pm On May 10, 2006
And I pray you tell me why the same angel Gabriel that brought the news to Mary that she will give birth to the Messiah now come around and tell Muhammad things that are totally contrary?  

You see, man, you know nothing. And now you and some fake "Muslima" in a run-down African outback will start saying that I'm calling you names. Even great bible scholars have agreed that the Qur'anic account of the birth (Immaculate Conception) of Prophet Yisa/Issa ("Jeus"wink is the most comprehensive of all accounts -- clear and straight-forward without ambiguities. Please, I exhort you, to read Surat Mariam (Mary) in the Qur'an).

Why do all the Books of the Bible written by various authors say the same thing about Jesus under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost, and yet one so-called prophet who is no doubt, a nationalist and with a racial superiority mentality now claim something much more different?

Again, you know nothing. That's one of the reasons for this thread -- to show to you that your bible is not the word of God. These your so-called "various authors" definitely didn't "say the same thing about Jesus." And, since they all had the accounts wrong and confusing, which "Holy Ghost" inspired them? Or might it be the Devil that inspired them. Because the Word of God will raedily stand the test of Time -- and this can be said about the Qur'an. I'll show it to you in clearer terms, I haven't baited you enough.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by TayoD(m): 5:54pm On May 10, 2006
Surah 29.046
YUSUFALI: And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better (than mere disputation), unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong (and injury): but say, "We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one; and it is to Him we bow (in Islam)."
PICKTHAL: And argue not with the People of the Scripture unless it be in (a way) that is better, save with such of them as do wrong; and say: We believe in that which hath been revealed unto us and revealed unto you; our Allah and your Allah is One, and unto Him we surrender.
SHAKIR: And do not dispute with the followers of the Book except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly, and say: We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our Allah and your Allah is One, and to Him do we submit.

I thought I should get started by showing from your holy book that it acknowledges that the Allah you worship is the same as Jehovah (though as a Christian, I know this is not true).  On the other hand, you have been told to submit yoursleves to Jehovah.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Logical(m): 5:55pm On May 10, 2006
The God of the Jehova witness that has no trinity concept that is, Or which Jehova? The three in one?

Besides in this verse it is said that you should dispute only in the condition of which when the people of the book claim that our God is the same three in one God, in which they believe in.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by TayoD(m): 5:57pm On May 10, 2006
There is not one contradiction in the Bible about Jesus.  Your understanding should be the more enlightened if you realise that not all the prophecies have been fulfilled.  Some prophecies were meant for His first coming which have been fulfilled to the letter, those yet to be fulfilled are meant for either His Millenial reighn of some time in the near future.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Logical(m): 5:59pm On May 10, 2006
Thats more the reason why we muslims tend to believe in the original Bible not the polluted one of today. We believe that the first bible was Original, but that which is available today is polluted, Thats the muslim belief.
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by TayoD(m): 6:01pm On May 10, 2006
I'm talking about the One true God (Jehovah) who manifests Himself as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Bebrews 1:1-3 "1 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven."
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by mlksbaby(f): 6:02pm On May 10, 2006
Logical:

Are you sure? I taught Christianity is based on faith not logic?

Besides its a good thing to know the meaning of a word, before assuming smiley Kufar means unbeliver in the preachings of Islam.

@Logical,

I knew the meaning of kufar before becoming a Christian; and yes, I'm sure of the emboldened part of my reply you made. Christianity is based on faith, for sure. Logic? Not so much, depending on what each person defines or classes as logic. There's logical syllogism, and once you begin to apply that to questions of belief both ways (Islam and Christianity), you'll mix a lot of things up. So, no thanks - logic doesn't apply to matters of faith as much as faith transcends logic. More than that, logic does not give anyone an assurance of verity and reality such as you would experience by faith.

Since Ajisafe would have classed me as a kufar, I think it applies (sorry if that distresses you, though).
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by Logical(m): 6:05pm On May 10, 2006
Now the issue is that Muslims don't buy the idea of the trinity concept, we don't think it is logical. smiley

We have to believe in the prophets, One God, and the message besides other things smiley

@mlks_baby
Ah, you are a convert sad Well God created logic for a reason, faith is blind, me thinks.

If for example my faith is of the devil, God wouldnt tolerate such an ignorance in the day of reckoning smiley. God would question you according to what he has gifted you with. God is fair,
Re: Is Bible The Word of God? by TayoD(m): 6:07pm On May 10, 2006
Thats more the reason why we muslims tend to believe in the original Bible not the polluted one of today. We believe that the first bible was Original, but that which is available today is polluted,  Thats the muslim belief.
So you must believe that your god is powerless to preserve the integrity of his word.  Do you know to what extent even men will go to make sure their words are not corrupted?  Now extend that desire to God.

And if Allah's supposedly spoken words were corrupted then, what is the guaranty that the one he tried to get out through Mohammed wasn't corrupted as well.  That allah must really be powerless if his words are so easily trampled down.

Hear what God said in the Bible in Isaiah 55:11 "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between A Gospel Minister And A Gospel Artist Or Singer? / The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox / If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.