Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah (23186 Views)

Uzodinma Iweala ''Proposes'' To Genevieve Nnaji On The Red Carpet (Pic) / “I'll Do Anything To Have Genevieve Nnaji On My Bed”– Upcoming Artiste / Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by okeey(m): 4:47pm On Sep 29, 2009
its a good info
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by MrCrackles(m): 4:50pm On Sep 29, 2009
Godmother:

Yes, really fantastic. Oprah is a landmark and for our own Gennie to get mentioned there is great news indeed
You need to get real. . . Appearing on Oprah is not like winning the Nobel Prize or a Fullbright Scholarship!
Genevieve appeared on Oprah and all of you are barking like mad dogs!
Fucking hell, Nigerians are mad funny!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by Radiant(f): 4:50pm On Sep 29, 2009
omar22:

I dont know why everyone is acting as if Genny has won the Nobel prize

She appeared on Oprah! Whooopeee!!!!

The same Oprah who once said  'all Nigerians Are Corrupt, Regardless Of Their Education ,

It's not a Nobel prize but this is more like a 'global recognition' both of Nollywood and it's contents.

Oprah
never said ALL Nigerians were corrupt. Stop quoting what you don't know. If Oprah picked Uwem Akpan and Genny then she musta been very impressed with their efforts and achievement. She's a woman who identifies with good success. I'm not saying we need Oprah's appraisal but Oprah is a voice to be reckoned with.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by mat4real: 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2009
Make she go to hell. Jenny is already famous.

Aloy.Emeka:

It's slut and not slot. Learn how to spell the vocabulary before using it to abuse someone.

Thank you. But you suppose understand that that was mistake. OTONODO like you.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by unclebros: 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2009
Very soon  me too will be on Larry king live, watch out
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by jaybee3(m): 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2009
MrCrackles:

You need to get real. . . Appearing on Oprah is not like winning the Nobel Prize or a Fullbright Scholar!
Genevieve appeared on Oprah and all of you are barking like mad dogs!
Fucking hell, Nigerians are mad funny!

It is an achievement for her nollywood though and in-turn a positive ripple effect on nigerians alike cool
brashy going to be on jay leno next in his scottish kilt tongue
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by dove24u(m): 4:55pm On Sep 29, 2009
A plus for Nollywood grin grin grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by MrCrackles(m): 4:55pm On Sep 29, 2009
jay bee:

It is an achievement for her nollywood though and in-turn a positive ripple effect on nigerians alike cool
brashy going to be on jay leno next in his scottish kilt tongue
Jay Leno is washed up jare. . . I want to appear on AIT or NTA instead! grin cheesy
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by Radiant(f): 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2009
mat4real:

Make she go to hell. Jenny is already famous.

That's why she was listed as "one of". Mumu tongue
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by floriana(m): 5:24pm On Sep 29, 2009
Pls Who is oprah Winfrey?

and who gave her authority to compile a list of famous people?

Can she stretch the authority further by compliling a list of infamous African rulers?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by vanni(f): 5:29pm On Sep 29, 2009
Its obvious that genevieve is a force to reckon with. No wonder the comments keep flowing. She obviously attracts alot of attention otherwise you would simply have ignored the thread and waka pass. But no, you were struck again by this girl whose achievement knows no bounds. In your littleness and inferiority complex, you cannot comprehend why despite all verbal attacks, contoversy and media mis-information about this STAR, she continues to make waves.

So in your smallness and defeated state of mind, you resort to writing unkind remarks about her appearance on Oprah's show. Face the truth, she has added another first to her many firsts. As a commentator said yesterday " Genevieve sat down in her home in Nigeria and Oprah came knocking" Have you noticed that things which most actresses struggle for Genevieve achieves effortlessly? That's because she is blessed and no matter what you haters say or do, it can't unbless her.

Your opinion of genevieve are entirely yours and yours alone. It probably will begin and perish on Nairaland. Genevieve fortunatley may never get to know it in her lifetime. Being on Oprah may mean nothing to you haters, but mark my words, this is just the beginning of a new chapter in her lfe.

The more you try to bring her down, the more she lifts the bar higher. There is a force behind her unending success and thats the BLESSING of God that maketh rich and addeth no sorrows with it. Thats why her achievements are so remarkable because by strenght shall no man prevail.

You too can be a winnner and be celebrated only if you first celebrate others. For what you do not like can NEVER come to you. The sky is too big for everyone to shine and Genny is LIVING HER LIFE ON PURPOSE. she is doing what she knows best and getting paid for what she loves.

How about you? are YOU LIVING YOUR LIFE ON PURPOSE? Or are you in the wrong profession? You can still make changes. So do that and quit hating.

Those who hate never find love.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by Naijagirly(f): 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2009
And why Oprah's sudden interest in Nigerians?Is she trying to apologise for something she did wrong;Am just wondering aloud  undecided
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by theviper1: 5:38pm On Sep 29, 2009
and i believe that 2morrow the makers of District9 will pick something out of nigeria and wants to compensate us by saying that it is one of the worlds best and we will come to NL and hail it and them as the best thing since abakiliki rice. pple just get real.Oprah is just trying to make-up for the rubbish she said about nigerians. Oprah can go do other things. MERDA.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by 9ja4eva: 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2009
Good news for Genny.

Make Oprah go hit her head for wall, what does she mean by where people make less than $400.Shes bloody ignorant
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by 9ja4eva: 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2009
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by jona2: 5:47pm On Sep 29, 2009
vanni:

Its obvious that genevieve is a force to reckon with. No wonder the comments keep flowing. She obviously attracts alot of attention otherwise you would simply have ignored the thread and waka pass. But no, you were struck again by this girl whose achievement knows no bounds. In your littleness and inferiority complex, you cannot comprehend why despite all verbal attacks, contoversy and media mis-information about this STAR, she continues to make waves.

So in your smallness and defeated state of mind, you resort to writing unkind remarks about her appearance on Oprah's show. Face the truth, she has added another first to her many firsts. As a commentator said yesterday " Genevieve sat down in her home in Nigeria and Oprah came knocking" Have you noticed that things which most actresses struggle for Genevieve achieves effortlessly? That's because she is blessed and no matter what you haters say or do, it can't unbless her.

Your opinion of genevieve are entirely yours and yours alone. It probably will begin and perish on Nairaland. Genevieve fortunatley may never get to know it in her lifetime. Being on Oprah may mean nothing to you haters, but mark my words, this is just the beginning of a new chapter in her lfe.

The more you try to bring her down, the more she lifts the bar higher. There is a force behind her unending success and thats the BLESSING of God that maketh rich and addeth no sorrows with it. Thats why her achievements are so remarkable because by strenght shall no man prevail.

You too can be a winnner and be celebrated only if you first celebrate others. For what you do not like can NEVER come to you. The sky is too big for everyone to shine and Genny is LIVING HER LIFE ON PURPOSE. she is doing what she knows best and getting paid for what she loves.

How about you? are YOU LIVING YOUR LIFE ON PURPOSE? Or are you in the wrong profession? You can still make changes. So do that and quit hating.

trash.is she feeding you and your family?all this because of 18 seconds of clip on oprah.it is not like she was physically on Oprah couch .na wa.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 29, 2009
Some Nigerians trying to feel important that 'it's not a big deal she was featured".

The topic was Most famous people in the world and Genevieve Nnaji was featured, that's an achievement on her part. And many Nigerians are glad Genevieve as a Nigerian was recognised. If you are not happy about it or consider it not a big deal, all's good, but do us a favor not to constitute yourself as a nuisance.

the viper:

and i believe that 2morrow the makers of District9 will pick something out of nigeria and wants to compensate us by saying that it is one of the worlds best and we will come to NL and hail it and them as the best thing since abakiliki rice. pple just get real.Oprah is just trying to make-up for the rubbish she said about nigerians. Oprah can go do other things. MERDA.

Did you people watch the show or know what the topic's about before commenting? Genevieve is widely known as a Nollywood actress. Pray tell, her being mentioned doesn't it relate to what the topic's about?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by vanni(f): 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2009
@ Jona

The truth is always bitter. I can feel you adrenalin pumping.GO GENNY, let all them haters see and be grieved lol

Which of your femily member had been mentioned on Oprah for 1 second? haaaaaaaaaaa
She does not have to be physically present. The truth is that she was mentioned and that cannot be denied. Go jump into the lagoon or better still hang yourself or loose your keyboard.

hahahah

BAD BELLE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by vanni(f): 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2009
@ jONA

I,m already seated on my COUCH
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by funcy: 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2009
congratulation  Genny,
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by vanni(f): 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2009
@ banom

You hit the nail right in the center
LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by Naijagirly(f): 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2009
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by vanni(f): 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin
@NAIJAGIRLY, Ma sis, no offence to you. Some people need to be put in their place.
no vex
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by vanni(f): 6:18pm On Sep 29, 2009
GO GENNY,

YOU ARE TOO MUCH

CONTINUE AND LET THEM HATERS SEE AND BE GRIEVED

Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by vanni(f): 6:34pm On Sep 29, 2009
@ banom my brother. Thank you Jare

Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by banom(m): 6:51pm On Sep 29, 2009
vanni:

@ banom my brother. Thank you Jare

Vanni you have made my day with that beautiful pics,
I have some of her pics here with my elder sister
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by rubi(f): 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2009
wish her the best if only she will remain humble
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by AfroCynic: 7:06pm On Sep 29, 2009
Why are people hating on the chic? I am happy for her, though I am not fan of Oprah's but for a fellow Naija chic to be recognised makes me feel good.

Congratulations to Genevieve.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by vanni(f): 7:08pm On Sep 29, 2009
@banom.

U are welcome
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by omar22(m): 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a load of clap trap

Are you familiar with the phrase "Give them little and they would shut up" (this is what the western world do to the African countries)

Oprah could call Nigerians crooks and later on as token gesture call Jenny to sit on her couch (to avoid to make a public appology to Nigerians)

Now Oprah looks like a Semi God is so many Nigerian's eyes

Thats what I call TOKENISM at the highest order
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by kech(f): 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2009
vanni:

So in your smallness and defeated state of mind, you resort to writing unkind remarks about her appearance on Oprah's show. Face the truth, she has added another first to her many firsts. As a commentator said yesterday " Genevieve sat down in her home in Nigeria and Oprah came knocking" Have you noticed that things which say or do, it can't unbless her.
most actresses struggle for Genevieve achieves effortlessly? That's because she is blessed and no matter what you haters

God bless you Vanni. You couldn't have said it better. Someone once said "Jealousy is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die". You can NEVER curse who God has blessed. You'll just end up getting hurt. The girl is probably somewhere praising God and making more money, some are here fuming, having sleepless nights, wishing her bad, plotting her demise and  getting high blood pressure thereby reducing their life span.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed You are hurting yourselves ooooooo. Give up! It's of no use. All those claiming she's a snob, why won't she snob you? I would too. Eh, leave her alone. She's a snob and God is still blessing her. Only God knows the heart of men. Count your own blessings and thank God for other's so that God will keep blessing you! This is one way people block themselves from getting good things.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by semid4lyfe(m): 7:28pm On Sep 29, 2009
@ Omar22

Thanks for speaking my mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"It Hurts Me When People Say Video Vixens Sleep With Directors" –Fagbemi Adesola / Etisalat Ends Contract With Olamide / Davido Remembers Obama DMW On Posthumous Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.