Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,817 members, 7,956,084 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:09 AM

Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah (23420 Views)

Uzodinma Iweala ''Proposes'' To Genevieve Nnaji On The Red Carpet (Pic) / “I'll Do Anything To Have Genevieve Nnaji On My Bed”– Upcoming Artiste / Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by obyann(f): 8:43am On Sep 30, 2009
segzi cres:

weytin the babe dey do way make oprah talk that kinda yarns? i believe say genevieve do bribe am!!!

you will never seize to amaze me. Is Genny not famous enough?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by THEAMAKA(f): 8:54am On Sep 30, 2009
^^^

exactly!

genevieve to bribe oprah? OPRAH?
Oprah with all her money.
who will bribe Oprah just to talk about them.
do they think this is lame corrupt Nigeria, or what?
some people just dont make any sense at alll!!!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by omar22(m): 9:07am On Sep 30, 2009
I guess the long school holidays having an effect on some numpties on here

When is the school holidays over?

next time you lot need to have a reign check before you start kissing Genny's backside

(I guess you know what Atiku taste like)
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by honeric01(m): 9:57am On Sep 30, 2009
THE AMAKA:

oh sharap!!

why are people like you never satisfied?
why the hatin?

why cant you be happy now, or are you just WAITING for tomorrow?
get a grip on yourself.

are you okay? so because i was thrown a banana, i should limp and hump like a monkey? you better look for something worth it to be satisfied with and not because one "politician-celebrity" woman said something about someone you like.

OgidiBoy:

If you have a problem with Oprah, find her email address and complain to her. This thread is about my girl Gene, show some respect or join the haters club I'm sure omar22 will love to have you.

If by any chance you need to kill yourself too, let us know.
  i hope you are old enough to reason like a normal human being, whatever i said is my opinion, if your brain can't digest that, you better go fill up the blanks in your brain. and who said someone is dying here? yes, i have a problem with Oprah because she talks about other nationalities as if they are not humans.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by omar22(m): 10:26am On Sep 30, 2009
If you have a problem with Oprah, find her email address and complain to her. This thread is about my girl Gene, show some respect or join the haters club I'm sure omar22 will love to have you.

If by any chance you need to kill yourself too, let us know.

You sound like an abandoned project!!!!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by kech(f): 10:49am On Sep 30, 2009
OgidiBoy:

That's an insulting to people that hang themselves, what about he cuts his wrist and slowly bleed to dead with all that hate in him.

LWKM!!! I go die oooo. grin grin Genevieve!!! I hail thee abeg. See effect. This is the same reaction her name gets on EVERY naija website or blog anytime her name is mentioned. If you want to start an argument or war, just write a story about her. That chic is an automatic web traffic puller.   grin grin For those who want to play down this girl's fame, come on, give it up. Like I said earlier, Oprah was right on the money. Which actor/actress in the whole of AFRICA can you mention is more popular than Genevieve IN AFRICA? I'm talking about from the grassroots to the elites. Someone whom whenever her name is mentioned , brings about both good and bad reactions. This girl is LOVED by many and HATED by many. No other African actor has that kind of effect on people. Even Charlize Theron from SA that won an Oscar (bless her heart, I love her to death) IS NOT more famous than Genevieve is IN AFRICA!. Go to the most remote places in Africa and ask them who Charlize Theron is and they will ask you if that is a kind of fruit. It's not beans. wink

We get it, Oprah is not God, but that's not the point. The point is Genevieve was recognized and it is a BIG DEAL whether you want to believe it or not.  If we didn't think so, then we wouldn't be so angry when Oprah made those comments about Naija. People make derogatory comments about Naija all the time but why did Oprahs's comment get to us more? Because we know her stance in the society, the kind of weight her show pulls and the impending effect it had/may have had on our image. So lets all stop deceiving ourselves when understanding the kind of impact her show will/may have on Genevieve. A lot of entertainers here in the US will give their arms and legs to be on Oprah NOT because of Oprah herself, but because her show is the greatest avenue to advertise themselves and their services to the world. The exposure on that show for entertainers is unparalleled. That is WORD!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by kech(f): 10:50am On Sep 30, 2009
omar22:

You sound like an abandoned project!!!!

Seriously Omar, you need to quit. It's not that serious undecided Can't you be happy for someone?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by honeric01(m): 10:59am On Sep 30, 2009
@kech,

I don't have a problem with Gene, what i don't like is the fact that Oprah talks too much, don't be surprise that the same Oprah would come back tomorrow to say Gene is a fake actress
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by omar22(m): 11:01am On Sep 30, 2009
Which actor/actress in the whole of AFRICA can you mention is more popular than Genevieve IN AFRICA

erm the name Djimon Hounsou sounds familiar to you

he was even invited on the Oprah Show after his performance in AMISTAD (Not to butter up the Naija people) but to talk about how he grew up from the Streets of Cotonou to the streets of Paris to the US and how Spielberg gave him the chance to star in the Blockbuster movie,

Then you didnt see the people of Rep of Benin wetting their beds

Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by omar22(m): 11:11am On Sep 30, 2009
Seriously Omar, you need to quit. It's not that serious Can't you be happy for someone?

@Kech

Look I have no problem with Genevieve, she is a good actress (not my favourite) but that’s not the issue here, Oprah inviting her over to her show has its motive and its got nothing to do with Genevieve achievement, it’s a PR STUNT, she is using it to butter up the Nigerian citizens. Rich people in power do outrageous things just to repair their image most especially if the word “SORRY” feels too heavy to say.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by vanni(f): 11:28am On Sep 30, 2009
honeric01:

@kech,

I don't have a problem with Gene, what i don't like is the fact that Oprah talks too much, don't be surprise that the same Oprah would come back tomorrow to say Gene is a fake actress

blah, blah, blah

trash
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by AloyEmeka9: 11:29am On Sep 30, 2009
omar22:

he was even invited on the Oprah Show after his performance in AMISTAD (Not to butter up the Naija people) but to talk about how he grew up from the Streets of Cotonou to the streets of Paris to the US and how Spielberg gave him the chance to star in the Blockbuster movie,

Djimon Honsou is a bigger star than Genevieve, works in a bigger industry and is obviously richer than her BUT he is not more popular than Genevieve in Africa. That you are a high profile celebrity doesn't make you more popular. Go around Nigeria alone and ask them who is Djimon Honsou. I am sure that Genevieve is more popular than him in his own country.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by ifiyoma(f): 11:31am On Sep 30, 2009
@ kech

you said it all
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by ifiyoma(f): 11:35am On Sep 30, 2009
@ omar22 and vanni

you guys must really love gene cos y'all been here since page one

i hate typing (especially for things that are unnecessary) so if you guyz decide to reply me, am not replying back
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by spikedcylinder: 11:42am On Sep 30, 2009
omar22:

WOW!!  She could have started with AN APOLOGY

Oprah should apologise to Nigerians for what? You people and the bubble wraps you live in.cheesy
In as much as I disgree with Oprah for generalising Nigerians a few years ago, what she said is not very far from the truth. We did that to ourselves and if foreigners call us out on our actions, we deserve it. Have we even started by apologising to ourselves as Nigerians and seeking the best ways forward? NO! And we expect foreigners to respect and apologise to us for calling it out as it is. Absolute tosh.
Its disgusting the way I get treated differently at airports because of my green passport. Asked to step aside, take off my shoes etc. I can only be mad at myself and my country, not at the immigration officials who have learned a thing or two from crooked Nigerians.

Meanwhile, people saying its not a big deal, get frigging real.
How many Nigerian films make it to film festivals (Venice, Berlin, Edinburgh, Cannes etc)? Few. When they do make it to festivals and are viewed on the international scene, that film is almost guaranteed instant success and acclaim. Whether some of you like to admit it or not - once a person achieves succes in America then you're as good as made. There are many ways for one to achieve succes in America and one of them is through Oprah (if you doubt me, ask Obama). The woman just has to breathe your name and you're on your way to the top. And some of you are asking if its a big effing deal.
Genny is about to become even more famous, deal with it. undecided
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by spikedcylinder: 11:55am On Sep 30, 2009
omar22:

Djimon Honsou grew up in Cotonou and Paris and he went on to make it in hollywood (at least, courtesy of the oscar nomination) but that doesn't make him more popular than Genevieve in AFRICA. Genny is not a hollywood star, she hasn't acted in any hollywood production which makes your basis for comparism very poor. Besides, Djimon will not be the first and only star to come from Africa and other countries and make it in American entertainment. There's Sophie Okonedo, Boris Kojoe, Charlize Theron, Seal etc. Even Kimora Lee, his partner is a shining example of someone that hit it big in American entertainment.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 30, 2009
Genevieve, Oprah and Nollywood can kick rocks for all i care.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by omar22(m): 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2009
Oprah should apologise to Nigerians for what? You people and the bubble wraps your live in.
In as much as I disgree with Oprah for generalising Nigerians a few years ago, what she said is not very far from the truth. We did that to ourselves and if foreigners call us out on our actions, we deserve it. Have we even started by apologising to ourselves as Nigerians and seeking the best ways forward? NO! And we expect foreigners to respect and apologise to us for calling it out as it is. Absolute tosh.
Its disgusting the way I get treated differently at airports because of my green passport. Asked to step aside, take off my shoes etc. I can only be mad at myself and my country, not at the immigration officials who have learned a thing or two from crooked Nigerians.

So you accept that you are a Crook? as Oprah perfectly put it,  So someone called you a thief, and what do you do! Yes I am a thief!!! Am sorry may be in your own world you could let people like Oprah look down their nose at you, but am sorry am not in that category (its people you Fela sing about) do you honestly belief Oprah would go as far as making a sweeping statement about the Indians in such way? NO because she would feel the impact immediately, but Nigeria! No why because it’s in the DNA,  She insulted the whole nation, and then invited one of the nations “silver jewel” to sit with her, that sound like a hypocrite to me….
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by chukzzy: 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2009
make love not hate! embarassed
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by jeffoski(m): 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2009
World People na God go save una.why can't u just accept things the way they are God has favoured her is that bad or are you now bold enough to Question God?must people always find fault with any good thing?Do you know how many top celebrities in America and the world over want to be on Oprah Show.Do you know how many have been on that show?the only time i saw a Nigerian on a good light on the show was when a pastor help some America Kids that were decieved and left stranded here in Nigeria.

Oprah recognize Genevieve as one of the most famouse people we should be glad about it.tell me she she no see other actresses wey make her pick Genevieve how i wish say she yab us again ontop ASUU stirke una body for don come down.Oprah say things the way they are so free her and keep una bad belleand jelousy opinion.is this how the economy of the nation have reduced us too?if na una dey her shoes or una pikin she una go dey find fault like this.We are complaining about the negative effect of District 9 to our country and someone is recongnizing one of our own for good we should be grateful and pray that we get recongnize in other areas too and that Naija go better.
am sure na mostly Omotola fans they beef her seriously well na una sabi e don happen the only thing wey pain me be say she no go the Show Life to Talk with Oparah some people for don burn with envy.wether una like am wether una no like am Genevieve don Blow.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by spikedcylinder: 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2009
omar22:

So you accept that you are a Crook? as Oprah perfectly  So someone called you a thief, and what do you do! Yes I am a thief!!! Am sorry may be in your own world you could let people like Oprah look down their nose at you, but am sorry am not in that category (its people you Fela sing about) do you honestly belief Oprah would go as far as making a sweeping statement about the Indians in such way? NO because she would feel the impact immediately, but Nigeria! No why because it’s in the DNA,  She insulted the whole nation, and then invited one of the nations “silver jewel” to sit with her, that sound like a hypocrite to me….

No, I'm not accepting that I'm a thief or a crook but I have accepted that a lot of my fellow citizens are big thieves, liars and crooks. Am I different from them? Yes. Are outsiders going to tar me with the same paint brush? Yes. How do I (and other good, innocent citizens) deal with this?
The latter is a question you should concern yourself with, omar, not Oprah's apology or lack of it. Besides, it is not just Oprah that thinks Nigerians are crooks. Are you demanding an apology from the rest of the world too? Oh wait, its because Oprah's rich and famous, huh?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by baslone: 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Djimon Honsou grew up in Cotonou and Paris and he went on to make it in hollywood (at least, courtesy of the oscar nomination) but that doesn't make him more popular than Genevieve i[b]n AFRICA[/b][i][/i]. .

I thought that recognition was supposed to be - WORLD's famous
not Africa. I bet you 98% of the audience at Oprah that day has never
heard that name Genevieve. I don't have anything against Genee but
I can bet this stuff is nothing but SCAM!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by mecussey(m): 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2009
I can't believe what this world is upto, she was a girl I know right from Akwakuma girls Sec school when she got pregnant, gave  birth to a  BBG and dropped out of school, lol. Look at her now; it is a very good lesson to those who think it's the end of the world. Life is a teacher, never give up; she is great woman, Go Genny.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by spikedcylinder: 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2009
baslone:

I thought that recognition was supposed to be - WORLD's famous
not Africa. I bet you 98% of the audience at Oprah that day has never
heard that name Genevieve. I don't have anything against Genee but
I can bet this stuff is nothing but SCAM!

Did you follow the conversation trend or you're the sort that likes to butt in the middle?

Anyway, for your education:

Which actor/actress in the whole of AFRICA can you mention is more popular than Genevieve IN AFRICA

Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by dyabman(m): 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2009
Did offrah said so ,  thats hilarious ,  OK who is Oprah by the way?,  anybody with a better definition, ?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by baslone: 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2009
She's the new forbes'

Anyway anyone can be world-famous.

It used to be world famous Keke and D-1.

Later it was world famous Naeto C and Ikechukwuuu.

Now it's world famous GENEEE!!! grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by luv2talk(m): 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2009
good for her
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by omar22(m): 2:15pm On Sep 30, 2009
We are complaining about the negative effect of District 9

So ok to complain about District 9 for presenting a bad image to the world, but suck up to Oprah because of her wealth or she managed to invite a Nollywood star to her sofa, when are you going to past her Wealth,

@spikedcylinder you call Nigeria anything you want, and stand by it! its like me calling you a theif and I still invite you into my house, I believe something is wrong there. I couldnt careless where Genevieve comes from or where she goes! the sky is the limit, but for Nigerians start wetting their beds because Oprah invited her to sit on her sofa then it shows how shallow minded some are.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by flexxydan: 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2009
hmmmm Genneee is my fan am happy for her she is trully WORLD FAMOUS, also have world FAMOUS state of the art training rooms for rentage and liberty for sale call moi on 017458468!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by THEAMAKA(f): 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2009
OMG!! some of you are some haters for real!!
so what if Oprah mentioned her name.
she was mentioning some of the most world famous people.
or do you want her to put a ban on talking about Nigerians, so the whole slew of you wont start running your mouths?
Oprah mentioned Genevieve as being world famous.
so what? why are some of you acting like you have a stick up your ass?

before now if it was something else, the same people will be complaining, now its something good, more complaints.
just be happy for the girl!!!!!

just by Oprah mentioning Nollywood, we can then gain more international attention.
this could possibly help bring Nollywood to new heights.

so haters, step off!!

if its somethig about scamming now, will you be proud?

KICK ROCKS, mehn!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by omar22(m): 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2009
just by Oprah mentioning Nollywood, we can then gain more international attention.
this could possibly help bring Nollywood to new heights.

"WOW!!!!"

"HURRAY"
Re: Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah by SmashingM(f): 2:51pm On Sep 30, 2009
Girl, you've always made me want to watch Home Videos. You are the prettiest amongst the pretty, the wittiest amongst the witty. There is nothing fake about you. Keep on making us proud. Love ya.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Charlie Boy @ 64, Says I Don’t Smoke, Drink Nor Abuse My Body / I Go Dye: "Nigerian Workers Are The Most Used In The World" / Jussie Smollett Charged With Felony For Filing False Police Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.