Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,393 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Don't Know Why Guys Do This - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Know Why Guys Do This (4454 Views)

8 Things Guys Do That Make Ladies To Loose Respect For Them / Reasons Why Guys Nigerian Dump Ladies After Getting Under Their Skirts / Why Guys Can't Do Without Ladies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Know Why Guys Do This by pringles1(f): 4:19pm On Oct 02, 2009
Don't know why a guy will lead a lady on and later he starts misbehaving.

I've been friends wit dis guy for a long time cuz we went to the same school, but recently we bumped into each other and we sort of connected (so i thought). He would come pick me up to church, visit me regularly, we would talk for hours and he tells me everything, he told me he liked me n i kinda did but i wanted to b careful,dont want to rush into nytin.lately he started acting up,he wud call n say hes comin to take me out n he ends up not coming n den hel come up wit silly xcuses y he cudnt make it,it hapnd 3 times.

theres dis girl he said he had sumtin wit but it wasnt serious n i knw her (hes single)d last time he said he was comin to visit n he did not come,wen i called he said he forgot n dat he was with someone,lo n behold it was d same girl he said was a fling a long time n he wanted me to say hello to her,when i spoke to her she sounded like o y r u callin him,n she says she will  come d next day with him to visit me.im like(after tokin on d fon)ok so wot msg is he tryin to pass,i mean u need to have seen dis guy on my case,ny girl wud fall, havnt done nytin wit him yet cuz my mind told me to wait a lil longer,)i rili dont knw hw to xplain beta so u guys wud understand,but d point is he led me on tinkin dat he wanted to be serious but i guess cuz he did not get wot he wanted n he knew he wasnt going to get it quick he had to move,n d painnful tin is i was beginin tolike him very much.

somehow iv bin waiting for his call to explain what that was all about but he hasnt called,its 3days now n he hasnt called n i dont want to call n ask him.iv actually takn my mind off him.
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by scottN(m): 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2009
Are u sure he actually lead you on or you imagined or wished that u guys hit it off?
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by pringles1(f): 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2009
haha very funny,all these yrs i did not imagin.he totally led me on!!!!!
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by speachless(m): 4:35pm On Oct 02, 2009
Wel i think he is no more into u.
Dats y he hasnt call.but u cant go on like dis since u care 4 him i wil advise u cal him u need an explanatn 4rm him
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by scottN(m): 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2009
pringles.:

haha very funny,all these yrs i did not imagin.he totally led me on!!!!!
Only 2 things can happen positively you either play the waiting game or you make a move by calling him!
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by ariblaze(m): 4:40pm On Oct 02, 2009
i dont know how you guys managed to read all that

written English is evolving and menh. . am not sure i wanna catch up

i need panadol. . .

btw @ op: this guy indicated interest in you, for how long did he keep picking and dropping you in church

reason being that if the period was unreasonable long(relative) the chap might just assume you aint ready

thus moving on to another person
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by pringles1(f): 4:46pm On Oct 02, 2009
i think il play d waitin game,cuz i dont want to call n get d same ol stuff.n dis is d 3rd week now,n d writn english was on purpose.
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by scottN(m): 4:48pm On Oct 02, 2009
pringles.:

i think il play d waitin game,cuz i dont want to call n get d same ol stuff.n dis is d 3rd week now,n d writn english was on purpose.
However remember TIME IS OF ESSENCE!
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by DrLorenz1(m): 4:58pm On Oct 02, 2009
@pringles

First of all i would like to say that u should try and 'organize' ur posts into paragraphs if they're long. I had a difficult time reading through but i get the whole gist.  grin

To your case:

1. Such a thing happens to guys as well. Girls lead guys on and at the end of the day they guys are left behind  grin

2. There must have been something that made him behave the way he did.

3. I would say you should just hold on and see what happens next. I don't think you should call him though cus that would mean extra attention for him, except of course you haven't taken your mind off him grin  grin

ariblaze:

btw @ op:  this guy indicated interest in you, for how long did he keep picking and dropping you in church

reason being that if the period was unreasonable long(relative) the chap might just assume you aint ready

thus moving on to another person

Ready for wat? To get down? Perhaps so  tongue

speachless:

Wel i think he is no more into u.
Dats y he hasnt call.but u cant go on like dis since u care 4 him i wil advise u cal him u need an explanatn 4rm him

Don't u think calling him might make him think she's too into him (even if that how it is)?. If that's the case, then she has more to wonder about.

scottN:

However remember TIME IS OF ESSENCE!

Reminds me of a line in one of J-lo's song "Time is of the essence/Why spend it alone" grin. I don't think that's the state of the poster at the moment grin grin
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by ebila(m): 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2009
@poster,
It is better he does it now than later when u're already involved wif him.Just in case u're wonderin' y he did that: he had that other gurl but couldn't really get through to her yet needed somefin n u came along.But when u were jellin',d other gurl too started jellin' and he liked her more(sorry 4 d hard truth) he decided to go after her.Move on k?
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by pringles1(f): 5:09pm On Oct 02, 2009
ebila u so right!!!

dr lorenzo,im not thinking of callin cuz my mind is made up,its a gud tin he did it now.
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by yme1(f): 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2009
move on dear
if he is into you he will come back, just dont make the mistake of waiting for him
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by pringles1(f): 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2009
thnx guys,im so relieved
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by sweetpain: 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2009
y me:

move on dear
if he is into you he will come back, just dont make the mistake of waiting for him
Crap. If another guy comes along and you keep playin hard to get, chances are that u will get the same treatment. He will come and show you another brood that is perhaps even finer.
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by desthan(m): 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2009
pringles.:

thnx guys,im so relieved

you are welcome dearest yet another satistied customer
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by pringles1(f): 5:27pm On Oct 02, 2009
pls hw has not sleeping wit him turned to playing hard to get?
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by CrazyMan(m): 5:30pm On Oct 02, 2009
The truth is he loves the other girl; even tho he may have told you how he felt about you, he probably wasn't referring to you but to that thing in-between your legs.

I'm glad you didn't allow him in or else you would have been in so much pain by now, and I doubt if you would have had the strenght to start this thread.
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by DrLorenz1(m): 5:36pm On Oct 02, 2009
pringles.:

thnx guys,im so relieved

U're welcome. I just wanted to be sure your mind is off him. I wouldn't want you to go through any stress because of someone who doesn't deserve it grin

Not sleeping with someone is considered playing hard to get for most people whose first and initial intention is sex.  grin grin

CrazyMan:

The truth is he loves the other girl; even tho he may have told you how he felt about you, he probably wasn't referring to you but to that thing in-between your legs.

I'm glad you didn't allow him in or else you would have been in so much pain by now, and I doubt if you would have had the strenght to start this thread.

I didn't know you could say something like this. grin. I called you crazy (in my mind) when i read one of the posts you made on this section grin
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by sweetpain: 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2009
pringles.:

pls hw has not sleeping wit him turned to playing hard to get?
Truth is most guys do not feel committed to a girl or feel they can confidently call a girl theirs until they have been intimately involved with her. That is how it is. It is clear from what u said u had fallen in love with this dude then why pretend when he wanted to sleep with u?

Sweetpain is married to the most wonderful wonderful woman in the world with whom I am living a dream-existence. The story of my life would have been very different if she had said no to me one friday afternoon during our courtship.
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by scottN(m): 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2009
sweetpain:

Truth is most guys do not feel committed to a girl or feel they can confidently call a girl theirs until they have been intimately involved with her. That is how it is. It is clear from what u said u had fallen in love with this dude then why pretend when he wanted to sleep with u?

Sweetpain is married to the most wonderful wonderful woman in the world with whom I am living a dream-existence. The story of my life would have been very different if she had said no to me one friday afternoon during our courtship.

Well said sweetpain and I totally agree. It may look sad from your point of view but its the reality. It's let's say our own form security just as you girls have your own form of security in any relationship
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by fizzybaba(m): 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2009
dunno y a guy will lead a lady on n later he starts misbehaving,iv bin frnds wit dis guy for a long time cuz we went to d same sch,but recently we bumped into each oda n we sort of connected(so i tot)he wud come pick me up to church,visit me regularly,we wud talk for hours n he tells me everything, he told me he liked me n i kinda did but i wanted to b careful,dont want to rush into nytin.lately he started acting up,he wud call n say hes comin to take me out n he ends up not coming n den hel come up wit silly xcuses y he cudnt make it,it hapnd 3 times.
theres dis girl he said he had sumtin wit but it wasnt serious n i knw her (hes single)d last time he said he was comin to visit n he did not come,wen i called he said he forgot n dat he was with someone,lo n behold it was d same girl he said was a fling a long time n he wanted me to say hello to her,when i spoke to her she sounded like o y r u callin him,n she says she will come d next day with him to visit me.im like(after tokin on d fon)ok so wot msg is he tryin to pass,i mean u need to have seen dis guy on my case,ny girl wud fall, havnt done nytin wit him yet cuz my mind told me to wait a lil longer,)i rili dont knw hw to xplain beta so u guys wud understand,but d point is he led me on tinkin dat he wanted to be serious but i guess cuz he did not get wot he wanted n he knew he wasnt going to get it quick he had to move,n d painnful tin is i was beginin tolike him very much.
somehow iv bin waitin for his call to xplain wot dat was all abt but he hasnt called,its 3days now n he hasnt called n i dont want to call n ask him.iv actually takn my mind off him.

doubt it
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by sweetpain: 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2009
scottN:

Well said  sweetpain and I totally agree. It may look sad from your point of view but its the reality. It's let's say our own form security just as you girls have your own form of security in any relationship
Imagine. You are spending time, energy and in some cases good money to keep a babe down and behind you be mugu. The most virtous girls dont get the best husbands these days. What guys want is faithfulness when you chose to an exclusive relationship, good sex, manners and presentability. A lot of pple wonder why girls who were 'loose' on campus find it so easy getting hitched. That is b/c they know the score.
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by pringles1(f): 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2009
ok.dont want to argue
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by scottN(m): 6:09pm On Oct 02, 2009
sweetpain:

Imagine. You are spending time, energy and in some cases good money to keep a babe down and behind you be mugu. The most virtous girls dont get the best husbands these days. What guys want is faithfulness when you chose to an exclusive relationship, good sex, manners and presentability. A lot of pple wonder why girls who were 'loose' on campus find it so easy getting hitched. That is b/c they know the score.
You are on point man! You deserve a bottle of beer  wink
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by scottN(m): 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2009
sweetpain:

You are on point man! You deserve a bottle of beer wink

pringles.:

ok.dont want to argue
no arguments whatsoever, just discussing d issue at hand.
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by DrLorenz1(m): 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2009
@pringles

Don't bother arguing with them abeg. What works for one man doesn't for another. They should know that. Even the one saying he's married to a wonderful squared woman doesn't really know how true his words are. tongue
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by sweetpain: 6:17pm On Oct 02, 2009
pringles.:

ok.dont want to argue
Sorry if I sound argumentative. I feel pained to see a lot of relationships-with-prospects being painfully wasted on account of warped perceptions. I think you are goin through a phase in your life and u will have a lot of stories to tell a few yrs from now. Meanwhile enjoy.

scottN:

You are on point man! You deserve a bottle of beer  wink
The way I see am e be like say u be original bad boy ke. Anyway thanks for the beer.
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by HohDee(m): 6:21pm On Oct 02, 2009
dunno y a guy will lead a lady  on n later he starts misbehaving..

Same stuff happen to guys.so deal wit it, bt i guess u must av done sumthang
to make him step back, same way a gurl started developin interest
in a guy & @ sum point,,she's all ova place tellin her friends tht
dude is a loser.  I luv it wen a gurl post sumthang lik dis, i enjoy it

I dnt fink its al bcuz u avn't get down wit him(i mean da koko),bt
sumthang went wrong,,i was thinkin u act too clingy,
like sum1 said, dnt cal him,,& if he ddn't hit ya up,then 4get it,
HIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by sweetpain: 6:22pm On Oct 02, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

@pringles

Don't bother arguing with them abeg. What works for one man doesn't for another. They should know that. Even the one saying he's married to a wonderful squared woman doesn't really know how true his words are.  tongue
This lorenz remind of some of those follow follow boys wey dey go sleep babe hostel, yet them no go get any action. Then sweetpain go come spend 5mins collect action even for staircase while dem dey watch.
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by pringles1(f): 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2009
xactly!just a phase in my life.let me tell u,some guys feel dat ny lady dat opens her legs within dat short period is loose,she probably does it to every guy dat claims he likes her n at d end of d day shes counting one million men she has slept with! i wont have sex with ny guy just to seal d deal!no way.
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by scottN(m): 6:25pm On Oct 02, 2009
sweetpain:

The way I see am e be like say u be original bad boy ke. Anyway thanks for the beer.
No I'm not a bad boy o  smiley. I just like facing reality and stating the facts about life even though there could be exceptions to trends in life.
Re: Don't Know Why Guys Do This by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2009
@post
Big ups to you, for carrying on with the baggage of wahala.
I sighed heavily after reading your post, you get energy sha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Co-worker Sent Me This Text This Mortning_does She Love Me? / Dedicated To My Irreplaceable "Ex" / 5 Awesome Things You Should Know About Lastborns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.