Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,072 members, 7,852,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:19 PM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (272592 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 1:44pm On Jan 06, 2011
@all scan your multi tv and see weither there will be setanta africa, cuz i just saw it @lyngsat and am not @home
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Mavor: 3:15pm On Jan 06, 2011
Ussals:

the sattellite is Astra2ABD, For infinity tv:12543 H 20800 then for multi tv:12552 V 19531. hopoe it helps

Thanks a lot. smiley
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2011
Mavor:

Thanks a lot. smiley
u r welkum
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ask1509(m): 11:23pm On Jan 06, 2011
pls pple, when i check lyngsat, i use to see some channels named feeds. Pls what does dis mean and how do i get them on my sat if they are free
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Lov4sat(m): 2:14pm On Jan 07, 2011
ask1509:

pls pple, when i check lyngsat, i use to see some channels named feeds. Pls what does dis mean and how do i get them on my sat if they are free

Feeds are channels TV stations uses to relay information from one station to another. for example AIT Lagos want to connect to AIT Abuja AIT Lagos uploads tru the feed to AIT Abuja and vise Visa.

it does not contain picture and sounds all the time
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 9:43pm On Jan 08, 2011
Lov4sat:

Feeds are channels TV stations uses to relay information from one station to another. for example AIT Lagos want to connect to AIT Abuja AIT Lagos uploads tru the feed to AIT Abuja and vise Visa.

it does not contain picture and sounds all the time
Thanks man. . . learnt something today.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by osagiemma: 4:52am On Jan 09, 2011
pls my srt 4663x does nt recieve signal anymore smone told me the signal ic is bad how do i fix it
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Adewunmis(m): 4:27pm On Jan 11, 2011
cheesy i'm not new in sat installation,but a member.i'm here to share ideas and learn more from the guru's in the house.pls accept as one of boys.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Adewunmis(m): 4:43pm On Jan 11, 2011
cheesy Hi lawal i thank u 4 ur kind gesture,i'm greatful 2 u that y am directing my 2rd post u.i posted some comment to ur e-mail,i also try connecting u on facebk but i cant figure out ur abubakar among others.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Adewunmis(m): 5:05pm On Jan 11, 2011
cheesy i do know the gurus must have across what am about to say its about eritreatv 2, i learnt it shows more football than any fta.it on arabsat 30.5dgr E.I know 1or2 of gurus must have try tracking it.the footprint cover so nothern part naija,tracking bird 90cm dish is very slim,we should be looking up to 1.8 or 2.4m to nail it.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Dexade1: 10:08am On Jan 13, 2011
Can somebody help me, i just bought a strong decoder SRT 4663X with smart card which needed to be activated .and i was told that smart card can only be activated on STRONG SRT 4669X.

How do i activate my smart card i want to do it on the internet myself.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Lov4sat(m): 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2011
Dexade1:

Can somebody help me, i just bought a strong decoder SRT 4663X with smart card which needed to be activated .and i was told that smart card can only be activated on STRONG SRT 4669X.

How do i activate my smart card i want to do it on the internet myself.

just get a 4669x box and log on to mytv website for the activation
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Dexade1: 12:54pm On Jan 13, 2011
Lov4sat:

just get a 4669x box and log on to mytv website for the activation

@ lov4sat Thanks dt means it is not possible on SRT 4663x
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olamileone(m): 6:11pm On Jan 15, 2011
can anybody help me,i find it diffcult to nail eutelsat w2a at 10 east with my 2.6meter fibre dish
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Lov4sat(m): 6:38pm On Jan 15, 2011
olamileone:

can anybody help me,i find it diffcult to nail eutelsat w2a at 10 east with my 2.6meter fibre dish

check lyngsat.com for African beams and TPs
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by rastarman(m): 8:42pm On Jan 18, 2011
pls i ve problem on this ~RDV of a thing, i beg my mail is rastarman02@yahoo.com or @gmail.com i am using SRT4669
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 10:56pm On Jan 18, 2011
rastarman:

pls i ve problem on this ~RDV of a thing, i beg my mail is rastarman02@yahoo.com or @gmail.com i am using SRT4669
Which problem do you have with your RDV.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ask1509(m): 11:37pm On Jan 18, 2011
Greetins to gurus of fta in d house. Am a newbie here and i av been trying my best to read forums and child boards to gather xperience. Frm what ve gathered i believe multi tv& infinity tv shuld be on astra 2b and also chekin lyngsat anybody conected 2 w6 shuld get 2m national, a moroccan station. This is my source of confusion coz d satelite i hired an installer 2 help me instal b4 i started researchin abt fta has a dish conected 2 w6, but ironically i am watchin multi tv, infinity tv, crtv,gtv,real tv and others all on dis 21.6 deg w6 but i am nt getting 2m national and other statns dat shuld b on w6 frm lyngsat. So i am watching what i shuld nt be watchin on w6 & nt getting what i shuld be gettin on w6 as stated in lyngsat. Could smbody pls shed some light on dis with explanations cos am curious to knw what could av happend
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Adewunmis(m): 2:19am On Jan 19, 2011
:DHi bro u are watching multi-tv and not 2m u can only watch 2m with 90cm dish on 21.5dgr E while infinity/multi tv is at 28.5dgr E.what ur installer nail 4 u is astra 28.5dgr E.i 4got 2 ask u what size is dish,where is ur location.need my help call me 07085914776.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ask1509(m): 4:39am On Jan 19, 2011
am in akure and am usin 65cm strong dish wit 4669x. So my next question which we help me clarify dis matter is
::-is it possible to track d tp of a satellite say astra(as in my case) frm another satellite option(ew6)? coz when he was trackin d multi tv then, i was there with him though i never understood d stuff then and he never selected astra 2b,he just selected ew6 frm d options of satellites and he also selected another tp frm d list of preset tps under w6 and started trackin. Also when i go to dish installation setings on d 4669x decoder, i found out dat ew6 is powerd on and my installer placed it in port 4 of d diseqc switch while d 2nd dish(w4) is in port 2. Thanx 4 ur anticipated reply
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 7:34am On Jan 19, 2011
@ask1509. What you should know is that the name of the satellite you select on your receiver does not matter. But the position of your dish and the freq. What your installer did, he selected w6 but input astra2b frequency so you're watching astra2b. To nail w6 now, you need to select another sat on the list and input the freq of w6. Mind you, select a sat that has 5 digit preset frequency. What I'm saying is that you need to use a ku band satellite.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ask1509(m): 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2011
now i am satisfied. Tanxs 4 ur help and explanations
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Stevolat: 11:47pm On Jan 19, 2011
Pls help @ all,how can i nail both w3a &sirius4.8 on 90cm.pls i need urgent answer. Tanks in anticipation
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by blexxonmak(m): 11:24am On Jan 20, 2011
Stevolat:

Pls help @ all,how can i nail both w3a &sirius4.8 on 90cm.pls i need urgent answer. Tanks in anticipation
@Stevolat. The two satellites are very close to each other in terms of orbital position and elevation.When dealing with multi- lnb set up one thing you should understand is that microwaves are em waves and thus obeys the principle of reversibility.Thus if you use Sirius as the primary focus,the lnb for EW3 should be placed just slightly on top of it.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Stevolat: 11:27pm On Jan 20, 2011
pls i would luv 2 make ew3a my prime focus.pls explain beta,i need a simple &direct explanation. I just nailed both ew4 &astra on 65cm.Heleeeep me on dis.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Stevolat: 7:27am On Jan 22, 2011
@blexxonmak pls b precise in ur explanation,is d 2nd lnbf (sirius) going 2 placed beside or on top of d primary lnbf (ew3a). tanks 4 ur response.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by rastarman(m): 1:50am On Jan 24, 2011
My problem with my receiver is that 8280 doesn't work on my strong 4669 s/w version 1.10p pls is there anY SOLUTION. I Love to watch RDV
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by gadotor(m): 9:42am On Jan 24, 2011
@rasterman It,s not that 8280 is not working.you have put the patches off.so you have to to press 6969 6969 to bring the patch on before if you insect 8280 to bring the chart of the patches.thank you
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2011
@gadotor please can you explain for me what picture on picture is? and how to access it in the 122p
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by rastarman(m): 5:47pm On Jan 24, 2011
@godotor thanks i will give it a try when i reach home thatnks for ur reply
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 2:31pm On Jan 25, 2011
@gadotor no reply??
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 4:18pm On Jan 25, 2011
Ussals:

@gadotor no reply??

The picture in picture function of some TV Rx and STB,s ensures that while you are viewing a channel you can equally view another one inset of the current screen.
what this means is that if say you are on multi Tv bouquet and you are watching joy tv with a function on your remote control you can equally view crtv on a small window on the same screen.

however this feature is only available on the 1.20p. to the best of my Knowledge.
i hope this answers your question.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.