Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,074 members, 7,852,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:52 PM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (272600 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 9:19pm On Jan 25, 2011
@freshp thanks so much, that answers my first question, the second question is 'how can i use that picture on picture function'?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 9:55pm On Jan 25, 2011
@ ussals
you are welcome.

On your remote when using 1.20p press the advance button.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 10:21pm On Jan 25, 2011
freshp:

@ ussals
you are welcome.

On your remote when using 1.20p press the advance button.

ok i will try it
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Stevolat: 10:55pm On Jan 26, 2011
Pls i came across 1music key,i open d biss key section but i dont where 2 enta d key. Is it going on 19 or 20
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by gadotor(m): 2:32pm On Jan 27, 2011
@rasterman picture in picture is an option given by 1.22p software what allow you to whatch two channels on the same satellite on your tv screen and you asset this option by pressing ADVANCE botton on remote control for it.thank you
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Stevolat: 9:40pm On Jan 27, 2011
Stevolat:

Pls i came across 1music key,i open d biss key section but i dont where 2 enta d key. Is it going on 19 or 20
pls i need response oh @all no mind me o,i know it may b illegal.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Fritzenbergerfx: 8:38am On Jan 28, 2011
Hello

I'm new here with this forum I've been a very long time lurker and now have a appropriate challenge which i desire a few of you people can sort out.

I had been on the look to find some trustworthy and reliable offshore company incorporation professional, since I live in Italy and wouldn't like to pay the substantial taxes here than I went with Costa Rica Corporation, will likely not post a link to avoid to be viewed as junk, now these people said that for my requests I cannot use them nevertheless instead could consider looking at some incorporation in another offshore jurisdiction like Malta, at this point I stumbled upon the website <a href=http://www.offshore-company.eu>Offshore Company E-Book</a> which in turn is actually an interesting web page which has a bunch of information regarding this particular theme, what interest me is, if some of you possibly can let me know just how I can help to eliminate my tax without having going the offshore method or if Cyprus seriously is just about the location I would try to look for ?

My needs tend to be to pay the lowest taxes feasible, will need bank account along with internet banking along with a offshore merchant account to accept credit card payments for my Sneaker store.

Thanks beforehand.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ask1509(m): 8:39am On Jan 29, 2011
pls what does offset and prime focus mean?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by kombats: 11:23am On Jan 29, 2011
ask1509:

pls what does offset and prime focus mean?
this might help
galaxy-marketing.com/dishes-fta-ku-offset-satellite-dishes.htm
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by sharaff6(m): 12:05pm On Jan 29, 2011
plz help me with 2M freq & sym rate, And is it showing premier league in lagos?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by mourad03: 10:41am On Jan 30, 2011
Intelsat 1R @ 50° West (C Band)
AIT Lagos has started on 4090 H 2963 3/4 encrypted in BISS

please help keys
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by leopower(m): 2:16pm On Jan 30, 2011
hello pple & guru in the house, pls i need anybody who can help me with simple instruction on how to track nilesat 7west with a 90cm dish. And i notice my w3 is not showing anymore, is there anybody with similar problem or shd just go ahead & retrack. but the most important is how to track nilesat with 90 cm dish. thx in anticipation. my e-mail is abiodun_eko@yahoo.com
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Anthofrie(m): 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2011
Biodun. Where's your location?. Nilesat can not be track with 90cm dish in this part of the world. You should be thinking of 2.4m or 3m dish to track nilesat especially in lagos. There has been claim of using 1.8m dish in south west. But i've not verify it. Mind you it is possible in the northern part of nigeria to track nilesat with 1.8m dish. That bird 4now is impossible with 90cm dish in Nigeria.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Anthofrie(m): 4:02pm On Jan 30, 2011
Biodun. Where's your location?. Nilesat can not be track with 90cm dish in this part of the world. You should be thinking of 2.4m or 3m dish to track nilesat especially in lagos. There has been claim of using 1.8m dish in south west. But i've not verify it. Mind you it is possible in the northern part of nigeria to track nilesat with 1.8m dish. That bird 4now is impossible with 90cm dish in Nigeria.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by leopower(m): 11:59am On Jan 31, 2011
@anthofrie, thk u very much I appreciate ur response. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by blexxonmak(m): 3:53pm On Jan 31, 2011
@
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by leopower(m): 2:15pm On Feb 01, 2011
gud day all,pls i need asistance on how to connect 5 lnbf to my decoder. what I want to know is, is there any diseq switch that have more than 4 inlet for lnbf. thks in anticipation.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Tommry: 6:50pm On Feb 01, 2011
@All,

Pls,

1. what will I need to install a 2.3m dish satellite that will be facing Nilesat with KB band LNBF ?.
2. How much could I get all the equipment and materials needed ( Suggested Price & Total).
3. Where (shop & Market) can I get all this materials/equipment from.
4. Is there any procedure to follow maybe before or during installation to have a best result.

Regards to All.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Tommry: 7:08pm On Feb 01, 2011
I am getting ready to do my installation atfer my questions should have been answer and I know positioning is very important in Satellite installation and think this link might be of use for all of use

[http://www.travelmath.com/city/Ibadan,+Nigeria]

Thanks

Tommry

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 8:59pm On Feb 01, 2011
@ tommry
your best bet is to start here as you wont get a sr8t forward answer.

h**p://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-419494.0.html
sorry i had to remove the letters as i have a way of getting banned when i post links grin
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 04, 2011
@all, anybody to help me on how to view setanta free on strong 69x
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by famfam: 5:06pm On Feb 05, 2011
hi, i have a smart card that i have already swapped but one day i put inside strong decoder and it started showing all the local channels i just want to know may be there is a way all the channels can be showing,  my email niranfam@yahoo.com       thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Olaogunmonsor(m): 2:54pm On Feb 06, 2011
Pls can someone n d house help me on whow to connet two strong decoder to view different channel using one card
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by TOWNJUJU: 8:39pm On Feb 06, 2011
Olaogunmonsor , pls get ur self a good 69x box also upgrade it to the latest firmware and a downloading cable & call me. Of course u know it is illegal.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Olaogunmonsor(m): 5:53am On Feb 07, 2011
Thanks,townjuju i wil do as u said n wil get in contact to u but i need u email adress
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Tommry: 10:34am On Feb 08, 2011
@freshp

Pls where could I see a compass and digital satellite finder to by here in Lagos state, and like how much could each cost ?

Thnks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by TOWNJUJU: 5:22pm On Feb 08, 2011
@Olaogunmonsor
townjuju@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Tommry: 12:58pm On Feb 09, 2011
@All,

I am a newbie working in Lagos and living in Ibadan, pls I will like to be introduced to all or any of the gurus living in Ibadan, that will be ready to troubleshoot and lead me through installation of 1.2m, 2.4 or 3.0m pan dish at his own time.

I could be contacted on 08023019399.

Regards to All
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 7:31pm On Feb 09, 2011
@tommry
thanks for the mail. i trully really appreciated it.

About your question well i'm sorry that i do not reside in lagos. but i'm sure that all the esteemed members of this great forum who live in lagos will be ready to help.

since you've placed your number here im sure that you will soon get reply.
all the best.
VIVA FTA
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Tommry: 8:53am On Feb 10, 2011
freshp:

@tommry
thanks for the mail. i trully really appreciated it.

About your question well i'm sorry that i do not reside in lagos. but i'm sure that all the esteemed members of this great forum who live in lagos will be ready to help.

since you've placed your number here im sure that you will soon get reply.
all the best.
VIVA FTA

Am very grateful for ur quick response, pls can I have  your GSM number so I could contact u if I have any issue installing.

Regards
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Tommry: 9:02am On Feb 10, 2011
@gadotor,@TOWNJUJU,@freshp & All,

I have already purchase a Strong 4669X II decoder for 15K, and I have a 1M and another 1.2M dish available for my use.

My question a as follows:

1. If I want d best out of FTA in Ibadan what kind and size of dish, decoder, LNB & RF cable should I use ?.

2. What bird should I nail down to have the best of movie, local Yoruba film, news and sport.

3. Should I use the two dish (1M pan & 1.2M plastic) to nail 2 different bird or go for bigger one like 3M or 4M to get best of FTA channels

4. How much could a 3M or 4M dish goes for anywhere in Naija ?

Regards to All
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 12:26pm On Feb 11, 2011
@tommry,
your 1.2m is just okay for everything that you want
with the 1.2m (motorised)-that is with a jack and positioner- in Ibadan you can have the best of a lot of things.

If I want d best out of FTA in Ibadan what kind and size of dish, decoder, LNB & RF cable should I use ?.

you will be needing a 2 lnb - Ku and C band- combination.
and coaxial cable (Rf cable) of some considerable length depending on your arrangement.

2. What bird should I nail down to have the best of movie, local Yoruba film, news and sport.

your best bet here will be multiTV and infinity bouquets on astra 2b. Infinity though is not FTA but they are for now,so enjoy while it lasts.

3. Should I use the two dish (1M pan & 1.2M plastic) to nail 2 different bird or go for bigger one like 3M or 4M to get best of FTA channels

yes you can use the the 2 dishes especially if you want to switch to a particular bird that you are constantly on quickly. and If you really want to enjoy out of footprint birds like Nilesat,then the 3M or 4M will do you a lot of good.

4. How much could a 3M or 4M dish goes for anywhere in Naija ?

Anything from 35k to 50k will do the job for you.

i hope this answers to some extent your questions.

kinmen2004 has done justice to your question b4 now,so why did you not read it
here i am  posting again for the birds you can get with your 1.2M
These are the list of the satelites recievable on a 1.2 m dish motorised:
telstar11N 37.5'W
NSS 7 22'w
Sirus/asta 4A 4'e
eutelsat w3a 7'e
badr 5 26'e
astra 2B 28.2'e
eutel w4/w7 36'e
intel 7/10 68.5'e

These are available on a motorised 90cm dish and upwards . I hope this helps

EDITED

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.