Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,162 members, 7,838,966 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (272128 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by darey501: 3:26pm On Jul 10, 2013
pls som1 shuld help, i hav a 1.8k dish already mounted facing west and a srt4663x decoder am in kabba kogi, pls hw can i track nilesat. 08133108358.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
darey501: pls som1 shuld help, i hav a 1.8k dish already mounted facing west and a srt4663x decoder am in kabba kogi, pls hw can i track nilesat. 08133108358.
you for visit the nilesat thread na,all you need is there.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Dinobenson: 12:24pm On Jul 14, 2013
olenyi:

First of all couple the dish together (dis might be difficult except u look at ur neighbours already coupled own). Locate ur ''east'' from ur proposed dish mount point (making sure u have a clear line of sight to the horizon up to the sky). Mount ur dish (also looking at ur neighbours own for the exact mount setting)Then fix the metallic f connector at both ends of ur cable. Screw one end to the lnb at the front of the dish. Get an extension box to help bring ur ''mains'' to a point near ur mounted dish. bring out ur tv to the dish point and put it on. Connect ur receiver also to the extension box. Now screw on the other end of the cable to the point at the back panel of ur receiver labeled ''lnb input''. Connect the av wires and put it on also. (IT VERY IMPORTANT U FOLLOW THE SEQUENCE OF MY INSTRUCTIONS.)

Now as the receiver is a new one, ''ok'' every option on the screen until u get to the home screen and u see ''no or bad signal'' press menu on the remote. Press ok. Enter 4 zero's for the pin and scroll down to manual scan. Press ok. Now using the right volume button, start scrolling through the satellites until u get ''astra 1N/2abd. When u get it, scroll down to frequency and using the left volume button now, start lookin for 12.5 something something. Press zero when u get it and select edit. Enter 12.523. Scroll down to ''symbol rate'' and enter 19531. Hand the ''polarization'' to ''v'' if its not so.

Phew!!!!!

If u've gotten to this point, Then u're doing great. cheesy

Now go to ur dish. And standing at the back of the dish or hanging from a ladder, (and with ur eyes on the two red signal bars at the top right hand side of ur screen) and with ur lnb positioned in such a way dat the point with u screwed on the cable is at 4 o'clock assuming u have an imaginary clock in ur head. Start raising the dish slowing up, up , up until it pointing to the sky still with ur eyes on the signal bar for when it will turn to green to indicate u've gotten a signal (remember it should be facing east). Bring it down slowly. Now shift the dish a tiny bit horizontal to the right. (remember u're at the back of the dish)

Take it up up up again and down. Right, up up up and down. Slowly. Keep at it until u hit green or until u get to ur south. If no green. Den start repeating the steps again but this time, shift horizontally to ur left.

When u hit green, adjust the dish a little to maximize the signal percentage and then tighten the 4 screws by the side of th dish and also the ones holding it to the pole arm all this while slowly and wit ur eyes on the signal so dat it doesn't go down.. When this is done, rotate the lnb a little clockwise and a little anticlockwise to get the best position for max signal and tighten.

Hmmm.... Tired now

We're almost dia.

When dis is done, press the red button to scan. Afterwards, exit everything until it starts showing at the home screen.

Regards.
bros,i'm simply speechless.this is d first time i will come across somebody that will painstakely break down sat.installations.the good lord will continue to empower and enrich all ur undertakings.pls can i get ur e.mail/phone number for future correspondence,here is mine dondinobenson@gmail.com.tanx and God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2013
Dinobenson: bros,i'm simply speechless.this is d first time i will come across somebody that will painstakely break down sat.installations.the good lord will continue to empower and enrich all ur undertakings.pls can i get ur e.mail/phone number for future correspondence,here is mine dondinobenson@gmail.com.tanx and God bless.

Thanks for the compliments. But that's what we are all here for. Whenever u have any question, just post it here and the whole house will rally round to help u out.

My warm regards.

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Dinobenson: 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
Seyilome: My boss Olenyi,pls what are the difference between srt 4922 and 4922A? PEACE.
srt4922 do not come with RF out while 4922A does,enjoy.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Dinobenson: 5:30pm On Jul 14, 2013
olenyi:

Thanks for the compliments. But that's what we are all here for. Whenever u have any question, just post it here and the whole house will rally round to help u out.

My warm regards.
u the best,kind of have a problem with mytv.i'm using srt4653,while my friend is using 4669.we have been asked to upgrade to 4675,because of that i can no longer view those pay stations,the most painful aspect of it all is that i didnt enjoy this month's subcribtion at all!!! Pls help needed,will enternally be in ur debt tanx so much for ur time.still waiting for ur email.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2013
Dinobenson: u the best,kind of have a problem with mytv.i'm using srt4653,while my friend is using 4669.we have been asked to upgrade to 4675,because of that i can no longer view those pay stations,the most painful aspect of it all is that i didnt enjoy this month's subcribtion at all!!! Pls help needed,will enternally be in ur debt tanx so much for ur time.still waiting for ur email.

And i've answered u before on the strong receiver thread. When u ask a question, try and read backwards to see if the question has been answered.

olenyi:

Dia's no way out. Either u get the recommended receiver or 4940. Dat's the only receivers dat can work for paid mytv channels. Why not apply for upgrade to mytv. Call dia customer care and request to be assigned an upgrade code which when u receive it, u can approached any participating dealer around ur area for a new receiver at under #8000.

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by hazard1759(m): 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
Amos 5 @17 degrees is d real deal
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by mtuko2(m): 6:12am On Jul 19, 2013
How do I input dcw into strong 4922 decoder since they are 32 characters while in the code menu ie 8282 only 16 characters are allowed
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 7:26am On Jul 19, 2013
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by SULIEMAN3(m): 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
mtuko2: How do I input dcw into strong 4922 decoder since they are 32 characters while in the code menu ie 8282 only 16 characters are allowed
each box holds two digits.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Magonline: 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
Hello all, recently I rescaned my Srt 4669xii and got so many channels including infinity ones(45000 symbol rates) And on the DSTV Position there're new additions of fta Aljazeera Sport, Dubai one, Daystar, Miracle Tv, cinemaTv and more(70%green). But all these unlocked channels display " No Audio/Video". Is there any options of viewing them using the Receiver stated above or should I go for the latest Srong HD receiver? Pls reply as soon as possible or do so through my email, mag_online@ovi.com. God bless u all.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Kizzylicious: 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2013
Please friends...am not a guru...am just someone who happened to have a guru as a friend...but recently he started acting strange...he once talked about watching Dstv channels with my strong decoder....and also made mention of MCL being free with strong receiver....I might not understand your guru terms when you use one....please can someone break it down to me how I can do these things on my own....am in umuahia...thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Obascoetubi: 12:01am On Jul 21, 2013
were can I get kktv now/?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by akinsola118: 9:39am On Jul 23, 2013
pls guys , like how many free channels wit dia tp can i pick on dstv position wit my hitv mpeg2 decoder
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by darey501: 1:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
plz dis 1 mytv paid channels dont work again in sr4663 decorder, plz iz d decoder now useless or wat
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
darey501: plz dis 1 mytv paid channels dont work again in sr4663 decorder, plz iz d decoder now useless or wat

U'll need to by 4940 if u want to continue watching mytv channels as that is how mytv did it now. I believe u most have seen dia advert and announcements on ur screen.

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by good188(m): 10:09am On Jul 25, 2013
Please i want to scan my HD decoder but all the dstv station didnt come up ,may be i need new TP ,all the HD station didnt show
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by SULIEMAN3(m): 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
good188: Please i want to scan my HD decoder but all the dstv station didnt come up ,may be i need new TP ,all the HD station didnt show
Do u hv a dish hooked up to dstv direction?.
Note, none of dstv is fta on strong decoders. The ones you're seing there are not tied to dstv but they are on the same direction with dstv.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by good188(m): 12:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
i am using shit ,avatar ,dstv dish was hook up in right away ,i dont receive all the station when i did blind scan but when i use manual scan it bring all the station but some dont have service due to manual scan

SULIEMAN3: Do u hv a dish hooked up to dstv direction?.
Note, none of dstv is fta on strong decoders. The ones you're seing there are not tied to dstv but they are on the same direction with dstv.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by SULIEMAN3(m): 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
good188:
i am using shit ,avatar ,dstv dish was hook up in right away ,i dont receive all the station when i did blind scan but when i use manual scan it bring all the station but some dont have service due to manual scan

my friend, i was sentenced here not long ago because of such issues but will assist little.
Were u receiving them before? If yes, i think your dish might disalign.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Tmvince: 5:01pm On Jul 28, 2013
Good afternoon Enitan... My name's Dayo and am as green as they come. I know a little about satelite buh i need yhu to enlighten me on the horizontal and vertical lnb positioning. Thanks in advance.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 28, 2013
READ THROUGH THE FORUM
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Tmvince: 9:11am On Jul 29, 2013
okoegualek: READ THROUGH THE FORUM

Honestly i've worked ma eyes blood red... I read through the forum, buh i didnt get a clear answer...

Pls help out by answering me directy.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 12:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
Tmvince: Good afternoon Enitan... My name's Dayo and am as green as they come. I know a little about satelite buh i need yhu to enlighten me on the horizontal and vertical lnb positioning. Thanks in advance.

Basically, when u get an lnb. The place where u affix the cable. If u place it at 3' o'clock (using an imaginary clock hand position in ur head) or there about, we say it's at horizontal, with respect to ur ''H'' setting in ur decoder. Like wise, when its at 6 o'clock, its at vertical. (for KU lnb)

But the default lnb position is at 3.o'clock irrespective of whether the freq is V or H. This is just a loose description and doesn't really explain it but just to give u an idea.

The ''H'' or ''V'' values are given by the broadcaster, and is included in any frequency given, eg 12.523 V 19531.

In the case of the above, u get it by placing ur lnb at 3'o'clock. But if for some reason u change the V to H on ur own, then u will now change the default lnb position from 3.o'clock to 6 o.clock.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by idealsat: 6:23pm On Jul 29, 2013
Please can I know the exact price of Mytv Satellite now?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
Tmvince:

Honestly i've worked ma eyes blood red... I read through the forum, buh i didnt get a clear answer...

Pls help out by answering me directy.

WHEN UR LNB IS IN 3'0 CLOCK OR 9'0 CLOCK POSITION ,IT CAN BE SAID TO BE IN HORIZONTAL POSITION,THEN IN YOUR DECODER,YOU WILL HAVE TO CHANGE IT TO VERTICAL AND VICE VERSA,NJOY
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by iykmora(m): 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
idealsat: Please can I know the exact price of Mytv Satellite now?

funny question!

2 Likes

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
idealsat: Please can I know the exact price of Mytv Satellite now?

Depends on what u want and location.

If u want strictly free to air with no option of subscription;

4922A = 11500
Dish (2)60cm = 4000
Diseqc = 400
F connector (6) = 120 or 60
Cable (30) = 600
Installation =

If u want to subscribe to MYTV;

4940 = 15000
Smart card = 2000
Dish (2) 60 = 4000
Cable = 6000
F connector (6) = 120
Diseqc = 400
Installation =

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by astanco(m): 5:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
I can back afta a gruelling semester to find out my dish is off the roof . Starting 4rm d scratch,how do I track multi tv. Graphics wil be appreciated
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 3:22am On Jul 31, 2013
astanco: I can back afta a gruelling semester to find out my dish is off the roof . Starting 4rm d scratch,how do I track multi tv. Graphics wil be appreciated

https://www.nairaland.com/1337636/pls-me-installation-settings-position

https://www.nairaland.com/332428/nairaland-fta-reference-library
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Tmvince: 7:56am On Jul 31, 2013
olenyi:

Basically, when u get an lnb. The place where u affix the cable. If u place it at 3' o'clock (using an imaginary clock hand position in ur head) or there about, we say it's at horizontal, with respect to ur ''H'' setting in ur decoder. Like wise, when its at 6 o'clock, its at vertical. (for KU lnb)

But the default lnb position is at 3.o'clock irrespective of whether the freq is V or H. This is just a loose description and doesn't really explain it but just to give u an idea.

The ''H'' or ''V'' values are given by the broadcaster, and is included in any frequency given, eg 12.523 V 19531.

In the case of the above, u get it by placing ur lnb at 3'o'clock. But if for some reason u change the V to H on ur own, then u will now change the default lnb position from 3.o'clock to 6 o.clock.

Regards.

The boy is greatful

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.