Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Nigerian Married Men And Adultery - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Married Men And Adultery (18505 Views)

VIDEO:How A Nigerian Married Man Runs After Women / 22 Year Old Nigerian Married A 68 Year Old German Lady / Now I Have Seen The Reason Some Married Men Cheat On Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Theblessed(f): 4:09pm On Oct 07, 2009
For those into this kind of behaviour (both married men and women) and those who support it, I say more grease to your elbows and good luck with this your SOUGHT-AFTER kind of lifestyle. 

Hope you're all happy and rejoicing in Heaven afterwards!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by DisGuy: 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2009
How many nigerian women will divorce their husband just because he is playing with one yeye small gal??
infact the society will blame her for being impatient and over reacting cheesy

How many nigerian man will go on tv to apologise for cheating on his wife?

Thank God i'm a nigerian
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 07, 2009
Theblessed:

For those into this kind of behaviour (both married men and women) and those who support it, I say more grease to your elbows and good luck with this your SOUGHT-AFTER kind of lifestyle. 

Hope you're all happy and rejoicing in Heaven afterwards!!!!!

Lets hope they are not all blessed with the beautiful gift of HIV/AIDS in the process grin
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by shawn123: 5:19pm On Oct 07, 2009
You blame Nigerian married men for adultry? what about the dump girls that sleep with the married women? Most guys would sleep with a married woman funny enough, its just one of the rules of engagement but girls just dont care about themsleves or would i say their species who are supposed to be the wives, lol,
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Chiddysville(m): 5:25pm On Oct 07, 2009
@ poster,
i think the man was just acting out what he has been taught by nigerian ladies or
have you asked urself why since the last five yrs, the trend among women in Nigeria, especially lagos, abuja and Ph is to date married men. Have you noticed the trend in our universities where 70-80% of our ladies prefer to shag married men all because of money and material things. All those girls that leaves their campuses on thursdays and fridays for the cities, where and who do think they are going to meet? Why is it a common thing to see young ladies fighting over a married man? Do you know how many times i've been called out of my house at odd hours to save a situation because of 'excess luggage'? Don't you think something is really wrong with Nigerian ladies?
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by bawomolo(m): 5:44pm On Oct 07, 2009
they can bring their girlfriends to their matrimonial beds and even invite their wives to join in the fun.

oh don't be jealous. that's a good ole party
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by DEMO404: 5:53pm On Oct 07, 2009
We are Africans, African men are Kings we have multiple wifes we conquer take all hostages, but rather than make our system work for us, we adopt American and European cultures, but bottom line its in our DNA, mind you even the whites cheat like crazy and keep it away from their wifes. im not saying that we should not advance ourselves as people, but we cant change our identity 100 percent cause the whites say so. Even Afrivan Americans that have been away from the motherland still have the many women thing in their DNA. All i know is that the white man comes to your land with the bible, and when they live you have the bible and they have the land. Think about it. im not racist just up on game. they are not perfect but we wanna follow their every move its not gonna work. we have to take the good and mix with our customs and traditions is what im saying. And get rid of that "oyinbo dey shit, you wan look under to see if meatpie go drop" mentality.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Theblessed(f): 6:26pm On Oct 07, 2009
[b]Hi Young lady, God bless you for sticking to your principles and refusing to bow to these shameless bastards!  You did the right thing and I wish other young Nigerian girls would respect themselves just as you had. 

You see generally, Nigeria men are known CHEATERS at least 98.9% of them! Yes, some people on here would say that I am generalising but I challenge them to show me a Nigerian man who had never thought, dreamt and ACTUALLY, done it! What percentage of them, I demand to know?   Yes, men are prone to cheating irrespective of their status but some how African men are worse than their contemporaries from other parts of the world - the worst are Nigerian and South African men.  These lots have no respect for their marriages or women in their lives - they are damn and damn SELFISH bastards, period!  That's why Nigerian women here in the West are giving as good as they get and obviously the men don't like it. 

My advise, if you had made up your mind not to marry them, good - DON'T!  They would only cause you HYPETENSION, ok! THEY ARE NO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD at being faithful - just a handful of them and as you'd said the good ones had all been taken. The few good ones are gone and na only YEYE ones remains, period! Imagine him explaining to you the lengths he would go to hide his relationship with you from his wife, what makes you or anyone else think if you would go along with it and he marries you, he wouldn't do the same? eh!! 

This behaviour runs in a Nigerian man's BLOOD including the young ones of your age because they are learning from what they see their elders do, and get away with. They get away with it because, Nigeria has no laws that protects women therefore, Nigerian woman does as she's told.  In addition, poverty, unemployment, lack of social provisions - free healthcare/education and other benefits people can fall back to are not available to empower Nigerian women to seek independence from such ugly and unhappy marriages.  Therefore, since you are poor you'd do any thing for survival and this makes Nigerian women (married/unmarried) more VULNERABLE than they should be. Thus, a Nigerian wife is a DOCILE wife, she can only shout but she can't BITE.  She would accept anything in her marriage because she has no REMEDY at law and, no one would listen to her even if she complains.  Thus, a Nigerian man has field days in his marriage - to do as he pleases and getting away with it.  Should Nigerian women both married and unmarried be empowered and have access to these resources, our men would respect their women because, Nigerian women are as wise and clever as their men (if not more) - and they know it.  

Here in West, women are protected by law and men knows the boundaries they MUST NOT cross else, they get their BALLS squeezed and crushed and they know it, DON'T THEY??  They don't mess with us here as simply as that.  Yes, any man or woman can mess with a partner if they're millionaires or Billionaires like Bill Gates.  And if you are their partner at least, you have a CHOICE - to go or to stay!  If you chooses to go, there's a sure Banker, a GOOD HAND SHAKE would seal the deal for you - you have good settlement and laughing all the way to the BANK - Hurray!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool cool cool  

At least their partners would not bother any more who they sleep around with and they have their peace of mind for GOOD! So, my young-on stick with your principles and for any reason please, don't lower your standards and also teach your friends the same and how to respect their DIGNITY.  If all young Nigerian girls/women would emulate your behaviour, Nigerian men would certainly change and learn to respect their marriages and women in their lives but since there's no law protecting women back home, most Nigerian women would continue to put up with this hopeless and nasty situation and, I for one would not.

You cheat and get caught, you're history.  No, nonesense here! 

And for my young lady, I hope you find the right guy that would make you happy one day. God bless you!!
[/b]
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by bawomolo(m): 6:31pm On Oct 07, 2009
^^

in the words of kanye - we want prenup
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by ocelot2006(m): 6:56pm On Oct 07, 2009
I have to admit that infidelity is becoming a major issue among men. I vividly remember a chat I had with my bosses and fellow co-workers once (all men) during our break period. The topic on relationships were brought up and I raised the issue of infidelity. All of a sudden, the office got quiet and they ALL broke out laughing, telling me that they all had mistresses/side lays apart from their wives. As far as they were concerned, I was just a young guy who knew nothing about life. The saddest part of all this was that they were ALL married to VERY beautiful women and had very lovely kids. What the hell happened to faithfulness and the marriage vows sad ?
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by na2day2(m): 7:27pm On Oct 07, 2009
bawomolo:

^^

in the words of kanye - we want prenup

i heard that! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by chic2pimp(m): 11:19pm On Oct 07, 2009
Theblessed:

[b]Hi Young lady, God bless you for sticking to your principles and refusing to bow to these shameless bastards! You did the right thing and I wish other young Nigerian girls would respect themselves just as you had.

You see generally, Nigeria men are known CHEATERS at least 98.9% of them! Yes, some people on here would say that I am generalising but I challenge them to show me a Nigerian man who had never thought, dreamt and ACTUALLY, done it! What percentage of them, I demand to know? Yes, men are prone to cheating irrespective of their status but some how African men are worse than their contemporaries from other parts of the world - the worst are Nigerian and South African men. These lots have no respect for their marriages or women in their lives - they are damn and damn SELFISH bastards, period! That's why Nigerian women here in the West are giving as good as they get and obviously the men don't like it.

My advise, if you had made up your mind not to marry them, good - DON'T! They would only cause you HYPETENSION, ok! THEY ARE NO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD at being faithful - just a handful of them and as you'd said the good ones had all been taken. The few good ones are gone and na only YEYE ones remains, period! Imagine him explaining to you the lengths he would go to hide his relationship with you from his wife, what makes you or anyone else think if you would go along with it and he marries you, he wouldn't do the same? eh!!

This behaviour runs in a Nigerian man's BLOOD including the young ones of your age because they are learning from what they see their elders do, and get away with. They get away with it because, Nigeria has no laws that protects women therefore, Nigerian woman does as she's told. In addition, poverty, unemployment, lack of social provisions - free healthcare/education and other benefits people can fall back to are not available to empower Nigerian women to seek independence from such ugly and unhappy marriages. Therefore, since you are poor you'd do any thing for survival and this makes Nigerian women (married/unmarried) more VULNERABLE than they should be. Thus, a Nigerian wife is a DOCILE wife, she can only shout but she can't BITE. She would accept anything in her marriage because she has no REMEDY at law and, no one would listen to her even if she complains. Thus, a Nigerian man has field days in his marriage - to do as he pleases and getting away with it. Should Nigerian women both married and unmarried be empowered and have access to these resources, our men would respect their women because, Nigerian women are as wise and clever as their men (if not more) - and they know it.

Here in West, women are protected by law and men knows the boundaries they MUST NOT cross else, they get their BALLS squeezed and crushed and they know it, DON'T THEY?? They don't mess with us here as simply as that. Yes, any man or woman can mess with a partner if they're millionaires or Billionaires like Bill Gates. And if you are their partner at least, you have a CHOICE - to go or to stay! If you chooses to go, there's a sure Banker, a GOOD HAND SHAKE would seal the deal for you - you have good settlement and laughing all the way to the BANK - Hurray!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool cool cool

At least their partners would not bother any more who they sleep around with and they have their peace of mind for GOOD! So, my young-on stick with your principles and for any reason please, don't lower your standards and also teach your friends the same and how to respect their DIGNITY. If all young Nigerian girls/women would emulate your behaviour, Nigerian men would certainly change and learn to respect their marriages and women in their lives but since there's no law protecting women back home, most Nigerian women would continue to put up with this hopeless and nasty situation and, I for one would not.

You cheat and get caught, you're history. No, nonesense here!

And for my young lady, I hope you find the right guy that would make you happy one day. God bless you!!
[/b]
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by TOPE20001(f): 11:20pm On Oct 07, 2009
chic2pimp:

tee hee hee grin

izi-n-bizi:

its more interesting when some of the unmarried men already plan on how to cheat on their wives, I mean som1 thats already wedding planning

i know right, beat me silly sad
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Kunbee: 11:34pm On Oct 07, 2009
Pls can people stick with the topic shocked

Godmother:

A married man actually told me that it is only women that cheat. When a man sleeps with someone other than his wife, he's just being a Nigerian man. But when a woman does it, she is cheating. That's to sho how bad this adultery thing is.

This is soooo sad, i hope u are praying for your friend
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by mamagee6(f): 12:58am On Oct 08, 2009
He was probably testing you. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by seyibrown(f): 1:43am On Oct 08, 2009
Whatever is good for the goose is good for the gander! Chikena!
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by davidif: 3:23am On Oct 08, 2009
@poster
What a funny post grin but seriously if you want to know why naija men mess with married men then read this https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-22400.0.html
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Bay1970(m): 6:36am On Oct 08, 2009
@ Poster shocked

You must be very stupid, I was at that party last weekend, and so what, if a married man want to sleep with you;
Just say no and do not make it an issue here. Abi your pusssy fine/sweet pass other, or made of gold.
I am a married man with a professional beautiful wife and never cheat on her
for 7yrs of our happy marriage. Why are you stereotyping - oh only Nigerian men do cheat,
and I will marry a whiteman; see your head.
You must park your stuff and go back to your village, if you never heard that white men do cheat.
These powerful men are not Nigerians

-Governor Mark Sanford - Mr don't cry for me Argentina
-Assemblyman Mike Duvall - Mr eye-patch pant
-Bill Monica Clinton - I never had sex with that woman
-Governor Eliot Spitzer - High end hookers $5000/night
-David Letterman - catch them young.
-Governor David A. Paterson- Blindman wey dey swing.
-US house speaker Newt Gingrich.
-Senator John Ensign - Mr. I will fuuuck you and pay your hubby.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by mastalee(m): 9:25am On Oct 08, 2009
Poster,

Sorry for the stress u had 2 go tru.
But babe , I must, not all Naija guys
are like that. believe me. cry

Masta Lee
passion-plus..com
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Mandigo: 9:31am On Oct 08, 2009
Nigerian Men cheat because they can! they have willing accomplices everywhere so don't blame them for infidelity, just like prostitutes work because they have steady clients if they discover the business is not lucrative they will look for something elase to do.

I had a fling with a girl once (I am married by the way) and as part of our discussion she was telling of how her fiance was unfaithful to her impreganted someone else and she was really bitter about it. Meanwhile this discussion took place while we had just spent the night together and our relationship was ongoing while she and her fiance were engaged.

So please lets not judge the men.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Theblessed(f): 11:04am On Oct 08, 2009
chic2pimp:

Hmmmm! As if she cares! Not one bit, buddy! cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Theblessed(f): 11:50am On Oct 08, 2009
ocelot2006:

I have to admit that infidelity is becoming a major issue among men. I vividly remember a chat I had with my bosses and fellow co-workers once (all men) during our break period. The topic on relationships were brought up and I raised the issue of infidelity. All of a sudden, the office got quiet and they ALL broke out laughing, telling me that they all had mistresses/side lays apart from their wives. As far as they were concerned, I was just a young guy who knew nothing about life. The saddest part of all this was that they were ALL married to VERY beautiful women and had very lovely kids. What the hell happened to faithfulness and the marriage vows  sad ?
Imagine, what we are all reading my dear brother!  Again I join you ask 'What the hell happened to faithfulness and the marriage vows'?  I wonder!  Let's just pray that God forgive these evils as the devil is in operation in peoples' lives because, they let him in,   But God can only forgive these evils if those participating in them are unaware of what they are doing however, all in it, knows exactly what they are doing therefore, it would not go unpunished in the eyes of God.  Its up to them, now! You see, that's why most marriages are miserable and in turmoil as well as those in them - very, very unhappy. 

To that may I ask these people, why get married only to be unhappy, why I still need their answers but they are too ashamed or too Hypocritical to give me an answer.  Well, it seems to me that, marriage these days is so unfortunate!!!
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Vavavoom(m): 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2009
Theblessed:

[b]Hi Young lady, God bless you for sticking to your principles and refusing to bow to these shameless bastards! You did the right thing and I wish other young Nigerian girls would respect themselves just as you had.

You see generally, Nigeria men are known CHEATERS at least 98.9% of them! Yes, some people on here would say that I am generalising but I challenge them to show me a Nigerian man who had never thought, dreamt and ACTUALLY, done it! What percentage of them, I demand to know? Yes, men are prone to cheating irrespective of their status but some how African men are worse than their contemporaries from other parts of the world - the worst are Nigerian and South African men. These lots have no respect for their marriages or women in their lives - they are damn and damn SELFISH bastards, period! That's why Nigerian women here in the West are giving as good as they get and obviously the men don't like it.

My advise, if you had made up your mind not to marry them, good - DON'T! They would only cause you HYPETENSION, ok! THEY ARE NO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD at being faithful - just a handful of them and as you'd said the good ones had all been taken. The few good ones are gone and na only YEYE ones remains, period! Imagine him explaining to you the lengths he would go to hide his relationship with you from his wife, what makes you or anyone else think if you would go along with it and he marries you, he wouldn't do the same? eh!!

This behaviour runs in a Nigerian man's BLOOD including the young ones of your age because they are learning from what they see their elders do, and get away with. They get away with it because, Nigeria has no laws that protects women therefore, Nigerian woman does as she's told. In addition, poverty, unemployment, lack of social provisions - free healthcare/education and other benefits people can fall back to are not available to empower Nigerian women to seek independence from such ugly and unhappy marriages. Therefore, since you are poor you'd do any thing for survival and this makes Nigerian women (married/unmarried) more VULNERABLE than they should be. Thus, a Nigerian wife is a DOCILE wife, she can only shout but she can't BITE. She would accept anything in her marriage because she has no REMEDY at law and, no one would listen to her even if she complains. Thus, a Nigerian man has field days in his marriage - to do as he pleases and getting away with it. Should Nigerian women both married and unmarried be empowered and have access to these resources, our men would respect their women because, Nigerian women are as wise and clever as their men (if not more) - and they know it.

Here in West, women are protected by law and men knows the boundaries they MUST NOT cross else, they get their BALLS squeezed and crushed and they know it, DON'T THEY?? They don't mess with us here as simply as that. Yes, any man or woman can mess with a partner if they're millionaires or Billionaires like Bill Gates. And if you are their partner at least, you have a CHOICE - to go or to stay! If you chooses to go, there's a sure Banker, a GOOD HAND SHAKE would seal the deal for you - you have good settlement and laughing all the way to the BANK - Hurray!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool cool cool

At least their partners would not bother any more who they sleep around with and they have their peace of mind for GOOD! So, my young-on stick with your principles and for any reason please, don't lower your standards and also teach your friends the same and how to respect their DIGNITY. but since there's no law protecting women back home, most Nigerian women would continue to put up with this hopeless and nasty situation and, I for one would not.

You cheat and get caught, you're history. No, nonesense here!

[/b]

An old wound that regenrates with the younger generation. The crux of the matter seems to be a request and refrain one.
Marriage all too well is a platform for pros and cons. How to manage and keep side-by-side what one loves and what they detest is a big challenge. We have seen in the West many practice various off-shoot as a result of the failure of this time-tested institution. Gayism, Lesbianism, Bisexualism, all-what-nots. All in the pursuit of happiness.

Na Nigerian man cheat pass? We will never know. Only ones bias and remonstration of the pain received at the hands of a philandering male Nigerian. I would rather say a good percentage of men cheat but they hardly do it with themselves.

So it takes two to cheat- a testerone-filled male Nigerian and a happy all-too-easy bimbo.
There's no use trying to be more christain than the pope here in swearing and naming-calling, if a BIMBO ZIPPED UP AND WALK EVERY TIME SHE'S APPROACHED like your friend ALL the women in the married men will have their husbands for keeps. That's the power women/ladies have but do they utilise it? We know the answer. Why is that? Most can hardly work for what they desire and see men as an easy reach to their destination. If truth be told the other woman hardly ever counts in their pursuit of happiness. So a promiscuous man moves form one to another conquering and forging on knowing in his hands lay the desire of most women. Is it right? Never. But it takes only an approached woman to stop this ill.

Women e dey una hand.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Theblessed(f): 1:35pm On Oct 08, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

That's why they are getting away with murder because they know someone will still take them. undecided

[b]Yes, yes, yes and yes my dear sister! Because African women are DISSEMPOWERED - to be independent women they should be coupled with, societal stigmatisation and name calling of women (both married/unmarried) when they go against what is considered 'societal norms'.  For example, when a girl of certain age is not yet married, she is perceived in our culture as a failure thus lorry-loads of negative vocal/verbal abuses are rendered on her thus, demoralising her and damaging her confidence, self esteem etc as a result, anything with a privates that approaches her for a relationship would get her jump in with her head first without thoroughly investigations, only to regret later hence, the miserable circumstances most women find themselves in.  Again, if you are married and happens to be unhappy to the extent of challenging the unfairness in your marriage, the same culture will perceive you as OKENWANYI, AKATA, NWANYI KA DI YA (Derogatory terms in Igbo please bear with me - I am really, really angry with this our unjust, unfair, evil and double standard of a culture!) angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

As you can see, these are strategies our men and society use in keeping women under their thumbs and thus, getting away with murder.  It's about time we women should understand that these are weapon men use to undermine us and thus, focus on "SELF" for a change, instead of trying to please and please and please family and society to our own detriment and unhappiness. I understand, women are nurturing by nature but we are being used and abused because of our good hearts and we should wake up and act as selfishly as men. Why not?

If you are not happy in a relationship and wants to leave it but family objects, DO IT anyway, irrespective of what anyone else thinks because at the end of the day, it's you Human Rights to be happy.  You deserve to be happy and are entitled to happiness just as the man chasing anything in skirt feels happy doing it. Why shouldn't you go and find your own happiness at the end of the day, whose life is it anyway?? Yours!!! And you are the one ACCOUNTABLE for it in the presence of God, no one else! People say its a man's world and women should do as they're told, I say it's a woman's world too and without us, it's damn miserable place for guys to live in and our God knew it when he pitied Adam's miserable loneliness, abi! What a loner he was without his woman!! grin grin grin grin grin Let me hear them again talk about a man's world and satan would have their ears one by one!lol!!!!!?
[/b]
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by posakosa(m): 1:39pm On Oct 08, 2009
^^^^^^^^ I don't like your purple bolded letters, its very distracting but makes sense. you make sense.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Rosabelle(f): 1:41pm On Oct 08, 2009
Theblessed:

Imagine, what we are all reading my dear brother!  Again I join you ask 'What the hell happened to faithfulness and the marriage vows'?  I wonder!  Let's just pray that God forgive these evils as the devil is in operation in peoples' lives because, they let him in,   But God can only forgive these evils if those participating in them are unaware of what they are doing however, all in it, knows exactly what they are doing therefore, it would not go unpunished in the eyes of God.  Its up to them, now! You see, that's why most marriages are miserable and in turmoil as well as those in them - very, very unhappy.  
To that may I ask these people, why get married only to be unhappy, why I still need their answers but they are too ashamed or too Hypocritical to give me an answer.  Well, it seems to me that, marriage these days is so unfortunate
I was just thinking the samething. Morality and decency have flown out the window. But, but,.it is not God who has to forgive them, it is a sin against their wives, and it is only their wives and those they hurt in the process who can forgive them.
And so if these cheating  fellows (men and women) dont apologise to those people they wronged, they end up miserable. We see it in Nigerian now.
I was home last christmas and I was shocked at the amount of married men out at joints and clubs without their wives. Im like: WHAT on earth are you doing at a club or party without your partner. Some of those I knew and asked simply smiled at me, and I saw it. A good 90% of the people getting married today get married for VARIOUS reasons. None of them having anything to do with love.
The woman wants to be called "Mrs" because her friends she went to school with have children and the men want people to know they have sperma that works. Finish.
Its sad. This downward progression is really sad.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Rosabelle(f): 1:47pm On Oct 08, 2009
Theblessed:

Yes, yes, yes and yes my dear sister! Because African women are DISSEMPOWERED - to be independent women they should be coupled with, societal stigmatisation and name calling of women (both married/unmarried) when they go against what is considered 'societal norms'. For example, when a girl of certain age is not yet married, she is perceived in our culture as a failure thus lorry-loads of negative vocal/verbal abuses are rendered on her thus, demoralising her and damaging her confidence, self esteem etc as a result, anything with a privates that approaches her for a relationship would get her jump in with her head first without thoroughly investigations, only to regret later hence, the miserable circumstances most women find themselves in. Again, if you are married and happens to be unhappy to the extent of challenging the unfairness in your marriage, the same culture will perceive you as OKENWANYI, AKATA, NWANYI KA DI YA (Derogatory terms in Igbo please bear with me - I am really, really angry with this our unjust, unfair, evil and double standard of a culture!) angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

As you can see, these are strategies our men and society use in keeping women under their thumbs and thus, getting away with murder. It's about time we women should understand that these are weapon men use to undermine us and thus, focus on "SELF" for a change, instead of trying to please and please and please family and society to our own detriment and unhappiness. I understand, women are nurturing by nature but we are being used and abused because of our good hearts and we should wake up and act as selfishly as men. Why not?

If you are not happy in a relationship and wants to leave it but family objects, DO IT anyway, irrespective of what anyone else thinks because at the end of the day, it's you Human Rights to be happy. You deserve to be happy and are entitled to happiness just as the man chasing anything in skirt feels happy doing it. Why shouldn't you go and find your own happiness at the end of the day, whose life is it anyway?? Yours!!! And you are the one ACCOUNTABLE for it in the presence of God, no one else! People say its a man's world and women should do as they're told, I say it's a woman's world too and without us, it's damn miserable place for guys to live in and our God knew it when he pitied Adam's miserable loneliness, abi! What a loner he was without his woman!! grin grin grin grin grin Let me hear them again talk about a man's world and satan would have their ears one by one!lol!!!!!?
Here I disagree with you. It is not the men who do this to us, it is fellow women.
Check it. It is feloow women who gossip and run you down at every given opportunity and it is these same fellow women who are interested in when youre getting married or not.
It lies in the African womans hands (just like in everyother womans hands) to be independent without a man. The problem is, us women dont want it.
Who performs female circumcision? Who pushes a girl to look for husband? Who insults girl children who go to school to Phd level?? Is it not women like us?
Forget it oh. The men have NO ROLE in the disempowerment of the african woman as you called it.
This is OUR problem.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Rosabelle(f): 1:51pm On Oct 08, 2009
And by the way: it IS a mans world. Dont get things twisted. This world is a mans world, but no man can live without a woman.
I mean, going back to this empowerment issue, who brings up the men who eventually try to surpress us? Isnt it women like us? How can a mother have four boys at home, and she alone does the house work? what kind of upbringing is that? Tomorrow now, those men will grow up and expect their pregnant wives to still sweep the floor because their mother did it. Do you se ewhat I mean?
WHo brings up a boy to think its alright to hit a woman? Where is a boys mother when he hits a girl? Isnt she supposed to throw firewood at his big stupid head? But mothers allow and condone such rubbish behaviour. Your boy child has finished eating and doens wash his plate. He will grow up to think it is a job only a woman should do.
WE WOMEN have it our hands. After all it is us who give birth , not men.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by otukpo(f): 1:57pm On Oct 08, 2009
ocelot2006:

I have to admit that infidelity is becoming a major issue among men. I vividly remember a chat I had with my bosses and fellow co-workers once (all men) during our break period. The topic on relationships were brought up and I raised the issue of infidelity. All of a sudden, the office got quiet and they ALL broke out laughing, telling me that they all had mistresses/side lays apart from their wives. As far as they were concerned, I was just a young guy who knew nothing about life. The saddest part of all this was that they were ALL married to VERY beautiful women and had very lovely kids. What the hell happened to faithfulness and the marriage vows sad ?

i agree with u, and b4 u know it, they will try to influence to join them in it. MEn think its just normal for them to cheat, but a taboo for a woman.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Theblessed(f): 2:15pm On Oct 08, 2009
Rosabelle:

Well I never thought I'd say this to you, but youre right. Youre sooo right, Im like  shocked

60% of the mothers in our society need to be taken one by one and flogged because when a woman asks God for a child, the only thing HE demands of her is that she be a Mother. Its apalling, the job mothers do nowadays.
They bring up their boys to think women are glorified housewives and bring up their daughters to think their lives are not complete until a ring is sitting on their finger. Whether they marry a useless thief or not doesnt matter. The women just want to tie Asoebi.

@Poster, dont get frustrated. The problem seems to be you. Youre answering them in the first place. You dont know the easiest way to get rid of a man is to ignore him?
His pride wont beable to take it if you ignore him and he'l walk away fast. You, youre going into explanations of how you dont date married men? Pretty naive, cos black men pride themselves on their ability to convince women into dating them. Ignore them and you'l see the way they'l reduce.
Society accepts it because tradition permits polygamy in many cultures, so the only way for you to fight it is in your corner.

As one poster said, the guys probably think you look gulible enough and so they approach you. With time, if you ignore them enough, you'l get this look on your face everytime a married man approaches you that'l tell him straight up, youre not one of those girls.
This is experience talking girl.

Many of our men are useless. They see an innocent looking girl and instead of leaving her as clean as she is, they always seem to want to soil you. So the can tell themselves theyve had it all. Its disgusting.

[b]So happy to see a sister that stood up and vocally shout down evil.  God bless you!  Its the culture we inherited that makes women think, without a ring in their 3rd finger they are worthless. Who said so?? Its about time women shrug off this mentality and stand up head above their shoulders - look our men in their eyes and say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH OF YOUR BULLSHIT, RESPECT ME AS EQUALS, OK!".  

Thanks my sister for hitting the nail on the head. Based on what you'd just said above, I think this challenge has just slipped off our mothers' hands and now, its up to young mothers' to change this culture by inculcating in their children first of all, the idea of equality in the home.  Get your boys to make their own beds, wash the dishes, hoover the house, clean the kitchen, clean toilets because they too eat and pooh. Just as you train your daughters, train your sons the same way too.  Deviate from dividing tasks in the home between 'sexes' lines e.g. a male role as against a female role.  No, no, no everybody should muck in and get the job done, period.  This way, women would begin to dismantle all the cultural negative ideas of the past generations that had not only hindered, restricted and also limited womanhood.    

The problem is that we women don't realise how powerful we are - we have the power to change this archaic culture that has never done us any favours, but we don't know it.  You see, we made men - we carried them 9 months in our bellies and push their big heads into this world baby, we have the power to show them where to sit if only we stick together.  Rally around sisters and change the system to suit us for a change, don't we deserve it.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Theblessed(f): 2:42pm On Oct 08, 2009
[b]Yes, you have a point there - sisters do it to their fellow sisters.  Personally, I have been a victim of this experience you are briefing here when I was in boarding school back home.  My best friend went behind my back and stole my first ever boyfriend (you know what I mean, the apple of my eyes then!).  Well, I settled it with her the Nigerian way, you understand, don't you?  Exactly!!!  I showed her, water dey two - HOT and COLD water, abi!!!  You see, man don mature and outgrew this sort of thing. grin grin grin grin   

Yes, women do it to other women but my point here is, they do it at least for two reasons:  a) because, they have nothing going for them in terms of their own money, education, careers, business, jobs and government's benefits etc to enable them take control and have a focus in their lives.  b) because of their envy and jealousy of other people progress.  Since, they have none of these resources above or have limited access to it, they are bound to feel left out, down-cast or bitter at other progressive people around them.  So, if all these resources are made available and accessible, most women would take advantage of it to better themselves. 

Remember, the Western women were like us before they gain their independence and with their voting cards they were able to change alot of things to their own advantage.  But Nigerian woman has got the vote without the resources that would enable empowerment hence, she's still in limbo.  If she has the resource plus the vote (and the politicians respect democracy which is a far thing in Nigeria), she would choose and dictate how she wants to be wined and dined by men who approach her instead of plodding ahead with whatever the men said and want.

Her independence would enable her determine her own life - buy her own houses, cars, investments etc instead of a victim of arrogant men - taking advantage of her vulnerability.
[/b]
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by GEW: 2:55pm On Oct 08, 2009
Theblessed:

[b]So happy to see a sister that stood up and vocally shout down evil.  God bless you!  Its the culture we inherited that makes women think, without a ring in their 3rd finger they are worthless. Who said so?? Its about time women shrug off this mentality and stand up head above their shoulders - look our men in their eyes and say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH OF YOUR BULLSHIT, RESPECT ME AS EQUALS, OK!".  

Thanks my sister for hitting the nail on the head. Based on what you'd just said above, I think this challenge has just slipped off our mothers' hands and now, its up to young mothers' to change this culture by inculcating in their children first of all, the idea of equality in the home.  Get your boys to make their own beds, wash the dishes, hoover the house, clean the kitchen, clean toilets because they too eat and pooh. Just as you train your daughters, train your sons the same way too.  Deviate from dividing tasks in the home between 'sexes' lines e.g. a male role as against a female role.  No, no, no everybody should muck in and get the job done, period.  This way, women would begin to dismantle all the cultural negative ideas of the past generations that had not only hindered, restricted and also limited womanhood.    

The problem is that we women don't realise how powerful we are - we have the power to change this archaic culture that has never done us any favours, but we don't know it.  You see, we made men - we carried them 9 months in our bellies and push their big heads into this world baby, we have the power to show them where to sit if only we stick together. Rally around sisters and change the system to suit us for a change, don't we deserve it.
[/b]
madam please tell me in few words are these foolish nigerian men sleeping with ghanaian or cameroonian women?
Mandigo:

Nigerian Men cheat because they can! they have willing accomplices everywhere so don't blame them for infidelity, just like prostitutes work because they have steady clients if they discover the business is not lucrative they will look for something elase to do.

I had a fling with a girl once (I am married by the way) and as part of our discussion she was telling of how her fiance was unfaithful to her impreganted someone else and she was really bitter about it. Meanwhile this discussion took place while we had just spent the night together and our relationship was ongoing while she and her fiance were engaged.

Mandigo:

Nigerian Men cheat because they can! they have willing accomplices everywhere so don't blame them for infidelity, just like prostitutes work because they have steady clients if they discover the business is not lucrative they you need the canelook for something elase to do.

u need the cane man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Woman Dumps Boyfriend On Valentine's Day With Garage Advert / To love who you marry or to marry who you love. / Video Of Erica And Kiddwaya Caught Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.