Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,698 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Choices - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Choices (236033 Views)

Choices / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) / Ten Choices You Will Regret In 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choices by mattyboy007(m): 5:57pm On Oct 02, 2016
Nyc one op... Keep it cumin

1 Like

Re: Choices by Perfectionist11: 8:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
This is a work of art..thumbs up.
Re: Choices by Charlesdock(m): 11:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
solomonbrown64:
..... Brotherly, how far na..
Re: Choices by uncolonised(m): 9:41am On Oct 03, 2016
Charlesdock:
[/quote]

Welcome... I have been expecting you smiley[quote author=Charlesdock post=49866368]

Welcome... I have been expecting you

1 Like

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 12:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
CHAPTEER 5 CONTD

There had been rumours that the Hall chairman had been suspended for two semesters and a one semester suspension to the other leaders who pioneered the protest. I knew that if anything of such were to true, it would trigger an even more violent protest which could eventually shut down the school. This scenario has happened time and time again but it seems the leaders of the school never learn.

I stood up after the announcement to brush my teeth and wash my face. I walked out of the room and left Francess to look around my things because I was sure that she would. As I spat into the little drainage a few metres from the door to my room, I remembered what took place last night and the fact that Francess knew that I was with a lady but she didn’t seem to make anything out of it. Maybe because I haven’t done what was necessary or how did she put again but for some reason I didn’t want to ask her out or anything like that. I felt it was just too soon. The splashing of water on my face brought back the shower scenes with Madison with me. The “kpa…kpa..kpa” sound as the water poured around region where we both connected made me cringe and slowly I felt my rod begin to stir in my trousers.

I thought of something else and cleaned my brush before going back in. I got in to find Francess standing in front of my wardrobe, studying my time table that was on the wall. She turned to face me when I came back in and I watched as her eyes ran through my body, stopping for a few seconds on my semi swollen rod. She looked away after and returned to my time table.

“You really are cocky, aren’t you?” I heard her say.

“Why do you keep saying that, I am really quite humble.” I replied as I sat down to pull off my sneakers.

“Humble indeed, there is no GES on your time table, do you really think you are that good?”
I smiled and ignored her question as I took off my trousers.

“You should ask me before deciding to go nude in front of me, that’s just….anyway, I keep forgetting, you are a humble thug.”

She said, taking a brief look at my swollen shorts before turning away.

“This is my room swittie, I won’t displease myself because you are within it, besides it’s not like I am naked or something.”

She chuckled before saying,

"You surely had a good time yesterday.” She said, still not looking at me as I folded the trouser.

"How do you mean?” I asked, taking a look on my shorts if there was anything out of the ordinary on it.
She didn’t reply me, instead she took some photocopies on MAT courses which was on my bottom shelf and started going through them.

"You didn’t ask for permission though?”
She just smiled and continued with what she was doing. I took off my vest and folded them before moving her legs slightly to move to get what I needed from the wardrobe.

I heard her take a deep breath and the next thing I felt were the photocopies landing heavily on my back.

“Why can’t you ever act like a gentleman, do you have to bully all the time?”

I laughed and simply ignored her; I took my three-quarters and another shirt before moving away from her. Despite the noise and all, Gbenga was still sound asleep, I wonder what he must have done yesterday.

My rod was still semi-hard for no reason despite having taken my mind off what I did. I adjusted my shorts and then put on my shirt as it was nearly time for the meeting with the hall chairman.

I took my sandals and had them cleaned before taking a seat beside Francess, who was now at the head of my bed.

“These copies were not in any of the teachings of the lecturer, where did you get this from?” She asked with her head still buried in the copies.

“Like I said I have been busy with developing myself rather than having a good time as you called it a while ago.”
She looked up after I said that, before saying,

“I am young but not dumb, dude. I know something when I see it, you don’t have to try and cover it. You don’t need my permission to have sex.”

I jerked after she mentioned the last word, what sort of girls are these? Madison and Francess don’t behave like the average Nigerian girl at all. One of them was trouble but two, this was too much.

“Are you done, I have to be at the meeting.”
She nodded and returned the copies to the wardrobe. I closed it and locked it with my key before heading out the door.

The narrow road that was between the B-block basement and the quadrangle was already filled with boys. I walked towards the gathering but Francess held me back.

“Can’t we use another route to get to the other hall? The crowd there is just too much.” She complained.

“Common, they won’t hurt you.” I said, taking hold of her hand and calmly leading her towards the crowd. I got a few looks from some of those who weren’t paying attention to whoever was talking.

I found space among the pavement close to the steps leading down to the quadrangle. We both sat on it with her staying very close to me. I held on to her hand, caressing it as I listened to the remaining speech of the hall chairman.

“….I don’t care if I get rusticated from the school but I won’t allow is cheating and wickedness to continue. Why will Teddar, Mellanby, Bello and Kuti have access to water and light and Independence and Zik hall will be in darkness and dryness. Are we not paying the same school fees and other levies?”

“We are!” the crowd screamed.

“Are we not registered students like them?”

“We are!” they screamed again.

“Is it fair for us to walk all the way to Jaja Clinic to get water to have our bath?”

“No!!!” they roared.

“Good, this is why I and the other leaders both here and in Independence hall will be going on another protest on Monday morning. Every living soul in Baluba republic must be on ground by six in the morning. We will take our protests to the gate this time and let the whole world know the wickeness going on in this school.
Greatest gbagba.”

“Gbagba….” The crowd replied.

“Greatest Gbogbo…”

“Gbogbo….”

“Greatest Giwu….”

“Giwu….”

“Thank you all for your time. Monday, we will tell the school that we can’t be bullied into taking nonsense. Have a great weekend.”

The meeting was over and boys returned to their rooms. I stood up to walk Francess to her hall and all through as we walked. She just kept laughing, repeating the gbogbo and other stuff. I stopped at the back of Independence hall and thanked her for checking on me since she refused to allow me talk as she kept on laughing.

“You are welcome. I guess I won’t be seeing you today in the library as you have a protest tomorrow. Be careful, if you decide to go.” She said before walking away. I watched her move calmly and gracefully on the road, taking her time unlike how Madison moves rapidly. I didn’t understand the relationship I had with both of them but I was sure I had feelings for the rude beauty.

I returned to my room to find Tolu already there.

. “Solo, how far, you knack am?”
I shook my head, which brought a frown to his face.

“Why na, that babe set die na. Why you dey dull like this na?”

“No vex, but I just meet this girl and true to God, she stubborn. She be all this dem ajebo them. Na St. Annes she dey stay, so you suppose understand say I gats take my time. No worries, I go knack am”

“Na xo, Na xo. Knack them oh, no dey look face.” He said which caused me to laugh. I looked towards, and yes, he was still asleep.

I spent the rest of the day reading and arguing football. I refused to go to church because I didn’t want to see Madison. I was at Independence hall, eating bread and fried egg when a call entered my phone. It was a strange number but I picked anyway.

“Hello.”

“We need to talk.” Was the simple reply I got back from the other siSde. The line went dead after that but I wasn’t scared but surprised because it was the voice of Madison. How in God’s name did she get my number?

.. ... Guys, more likes and comments....

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 12:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
Perfectionist11:
This is a work of art..thumbs up.
.... Thanks bro...

1 Like

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 12:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
damilolaq99:
Amazing........ Really gud.......... Dis story and Silent Seduction are the bomb......Although u guys update as slow as snails bt lovin dis story big time
... Thanks bro....
... Sorry about the updates.... I have a lot of other stories I am working on....
Re: Choices by Charlesdock(m): 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2016
We got your back bro.

1 Like

Re: Choices by ChizzyMaris(f): 2:08pm On Oct 03, 2016
I like Francess. Hope he doesn't hurt her.
Re: Choices by zelaws: 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
Humm.... Solo.. Solomon.... Solomonbrown.... Solomonbrown64.

This is another side, No! real side of the king Solomon we know. I dey gbadun this movie as you dey play am. Keep moving.
To start with I need the Last Wolf series can you mail it to me. If yes, how do I pay.
Re: Choices by NevetsIbot(m): 9:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
Oga solo... Kwontinue.. I'm loving this. Sha put rated-18 at the begining...
Re: Choices by Hurklan(m): 10:56pm On Oct 03, 2016
WAITING !! FOR THE NEXT UPDATE

1 Like

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 7:48am On Oct 04, 2016
CHAPTER 5 CONTD

I returned to my room, confused with the whole Madison issue. What does she want from me? I thought it was about sex, she had a fair share already, why not let me go and pretend like it never happened. I should have interrogated her a little instead of rushing to get something done that had great importance to my personality. I thought of ignoring her invitation after all we were weren’t in any relationships or anything of sorts, so she had no right to order me to come to her place because I knew that was what she wanted. She could have easily called me at the end of the service to see me, why does it have to be at her place?

My mind was taken off that for a little while as boys in the hall geared up for the protest planned for the next morning. Most of them were so excited which I thought was ridiculous because I felt there was nothing special in defying school rules to air whatever grievances. There more were civilized ways to get what one wanted other than disturbing the peace and serenity of the beautiful school. The hall chairman could see the SUG president, who could also speak with the vice chancellor, that way; there would be no casualties or suspensions. I guess the residents in both halls weren’t called thugs for a reason; they just loved trouble as it seems the spirit of mischief hovered over both hostels.

I found it difficult to sleep as I felt this unusual warm fuzzy sensation from the back of my neck down my spine as I remembered caressing Francess little fingers. I later slept off and woke up to the drums of war – the protest. I jerked off my feet and left my room to see boys all dressed up and moving like swarms of bees through quadrangle towards the back gate. I smiled too as I seemed to be infected with the contagious spirit of mischief and ran all the way to catch up with them and that was when I discovered the weird clothing on some of the protesters. Some of them lined their faces with chalks; others wore torn shorts and attached the long blades of grasses on their heads. Oh boy, this was more than a protest; this was war and the boys telling the administrators of this school – in your face.

“Dey call it number 1 in the country,
But light no dey,
Water no dey,
Shee number 1 la fe je ni ?”

The voice of the protesters was heard as we passed through the back of Tafewa Balewa hall, heading towards the business centre of the school.

Traffic was disturbed due to the sheer number of the guys and it was that day I believed the saying that whenever Zik hall sneezes, U.I chases cold. People stopped whatever they were doing and watched us, laughing or shaking their heads. The departments of Botany and Microbiology stood still that day and the parking lot of Bello hall was filled with spectators as we headed for the V.C office using the narrow route that leads to the philosophy department.

As we moved, so many people joined and our number swelled greatly as we got close to the V.C’s office. We were not allowed into the premises but we didn’t mind and instead stood in front of the famous white tower of the school that houses the big clock that never stops. In so doing we blocked the main road network that brought connected all routes leading to the main gate. I saw the hall chairman emerge from the crowd with his compatriot from Independence behind him.

“Greatest Gbagba” He hailed.

“Gbagba!” We roared back

“Greaaaatest Giwu!” He hailed again.

“Giwu!” We roared again.

“Greatest of the greatest Ulites, I great you all. We are here this morning to let the whole world know of the abnormalities going on in this school. It is wrong for us leaders to keep quiet when the people who elected us to lead them are in serious inconveniences. We have been without light for a while and that has forced us to get water all the way from Jaja clinic since the guards in the affected halls became tired of switching on the generators every day. Exam starts next week and we should be reading right now but we can’t do that because there is no power supply. How can a particular segment of the school be neglected and ignored for no good reason. We are registered students of this great school and so, whatever Bello, kuti, Teddar, Mellanby enjoy, we should too. How can one particular section of the school be tagged halls of the rich and the others tagged, halls of the poor when we all pay the same value of tuition and levies.

We reported this issue to all the respective bodies but nothing was done about it. We decided to remind the distribution company of the school of their job by organizing a protest towards that end of the school but instead of waking up to their duties, we were issued threats and punishments for what; asking for what should be given to us. That is unfair, unjust and far as I know complete abuse of power. We can’t tolerate such; after all we will be at the receiving end with our C.G.P.A taking the hit from our poor results due to poor preparation.

We therefore demand that what we paid for be given us or nobody will write exam next week. We can’t be cheated and then expected to do well when the playing field wasn’t even in the first place. Greatest aggrieved and cheated Ulites, are you ready to make your voice heard?”

“Yessss!” We screamed back in answer.

“Let’s go.” He ordered through the speaker he held.

And off we went, drumming and letting our
grievances known. There was no need to threaten that there won’t be an exam as I was certain we would all be ordered to return home after this activity of ours. We marched through the route to the main gate, disrupting traffic until we finally stopped it totally by standing in front of the gate where cars from outside came into the school. The security couldn’t do anything and simply watched as we caused no movement both inside the school and outside of it. The cars trying to get into the school couldn’t and that caused the roads leading to both Sango and Ojo to be blocked. Motorists watched on in frustration as we displayed the great power of numbers.

We danced and sang to the heavens before we finally headed for our halls after spending about thirty minutes at the gate. The people of Ibadan felt our frustrations and I was certain our protests would litter the pages of dailies the next day.
As much as it was fun to shut down the school, I knew there would be consequences and lord knows the length of punishment that would be issued to the hall chairman. Still, I admired his courage and will, that day he became mentor.

As we walked, I felt my phone vibrate in my shorts as I couldn’t hear it in this great noise. I pulled it out and it was the same strange number that called the previous night. I excused myself from the crowd and answered the call.
“Hello”
“I am still waiting, you were supposed here yesterday.”

“I never said I was coming, what’s with the assumptions?”

“I am still waiting, I am sure you can find your way.” She said before dropping the call.

What the hell is wrong with this girl, why does she thinks she has a grip on me? Yes, she might be older but that doesn’t give her the….

I don’t even owe her any visits or whatever. I bit my lips in anger as I hated being ordered around. I decided I was going there to lash her and tell her that I do not give a fvck about who she thinks she is. I can’t be absent from church and then be told what to do with my time because of the same person, Mbanu, it won’t happen.

I walked back to join the dancing protesters as they danced back to the halls. We assembled again at the shrine. B- Block basement. This time, it was the vice chaiman who spoke up.

“Greatest gbigbu…..”

“Gbigbu…”

“We thank you for all for your time and we hope our issues are ironed out. Aluta continua, Aluta Victoria.”

“Aluta Victoria, Aluta continua.” The crowd replied with shouts of victory.

I laughed and returned to my room to go prepare to talk some senses to that annoying Madison. As I was about to open my door, the speaker came alive;

“From the office of the V.C;

Due to the irresponsible nature of some students and elected leaders who have decided to take laws into their hands. The school has decided to take strict measures and have ordered all students out of their hostels for an indefinite period of time.
Signed,
Management.”

I heard the voice of the porter say, and immediately, jubilations filled the hall.
I punched my fist at the wall, and screamed,

“I knew it.”

...... *************************************
.... Might update later....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 7:49am On Oct 04, 2016
NevetsIbot:
Oga solo... Kwontinue.. I'm loving this.
Sha put rated-18 at the begining...
..... Thanks papi but I don already warn them for the beginning of the story...
How your side na?
Re: Choices by NevetsIbot(m): 7:53am On Oct 04, 2016
solomonbrown64:

..... Thanks papi but I don already warn them for the beginning of the story...
How your side na?
You no innocent at all sha. Baddest.

My side, abeg make we no go there... This side dry pass the sun
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 7:56am On Oct 04, 2016
zelaws:
Humm.... Solo.. Solomon.... Solomonbrown.... Solomonbrown64.

This is another side, No! real side of the king Solomon we know. I dey gbadun this movie as you dey play am. Keep moving.
To start with I need the Last Wolf series can you mail it to me. If yes, how do I pay.
... Lol... We are all get bad sides...
.... Send me your mail and I will send the epub file of the story.... It's #200 and can be paid via recharge card...
... Thanks bro...
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 7:57am On Oct 04, 2016
NevetsIbot:
You no innocent at all sha. Baddest.
My side, abeg make we no go there... This side dry pass the sun
... Egbon, I no bad oh, na school cause am... ..lol... You sure say you go relocate commot from that side...
Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 8:00am On Oct 04, 2016
ChizzyMaris:
I like Francess. Hope he doesn't hurt her.
..... Yeah, we all hope so but with his needs conflicting with his emotions , Solomon might likely hurt her.

1 Like

Re: Choices by NevetsIbot(m): 9:00am On Oct 04, 2016
solomonbrown64:

... Egbon, I no bad oh, na school cause am...
..lol... You sure say you go relocate commot from that side...
Na to relocate remain jare. Boredom wan finish man pickin for here.

1 Like

Re: Choices by yorhmienerd(m): 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
Thanks for this Solo

1 Like

Re: Choices by Hurklan(m): 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2016
More plzz, na beg i dey beg o

1 Like

Re: Choices by prettyJoy22(f): 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
More ink to your pen wink

1 Like

Re: Choices by solomonbrown64: 7:13am On Oct 06, 2016
...... ..... Good morning esteem readers, I am sorry I haven't updated as I usually do and that's because I have some issues that needs to be ironed out. I will return to the story as soon as everything is fine.
..... Thanks for your comments and likes. See you all as soon as I can.

2 Likes

Re: Choices by Taduma1(f): 7:43am On Oct 06, 2016
Okay o , we don year ......

2 Likes

Re: Choices by yorhmienerd(m): 7:50am On Oct 06, 2016
solomonbrown64:
...... ..... Good morning esteem readers, I am sorry I haven't updated as I usually do and that's because I have some issues that needs to be ironed out. I will return to the story as soon as everything is fine.
..... Thanks for your comments and likes. See you all as soon as I can.
Abeg no keep us waiting oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choices by NevetsIbot(m): 8:02am On Oct 06, 2016
No worry. I dey your back gidigba!

1 Like

Re: Choices by franksteele: 10:11am On Oct 06, 2016
NevetsIbot:
No worry. I dey your back gidigba!
Bros, pls don't keep us waiting na... Abeg give us more
Re: Choices by Hurklan(m): 11:20am On Oct 06, 2016
Chai, lobatan....we will be waiting....

1 Like

Re: Choices by domido(m): 7:51pm On Oct 06, 2016
Chai!!! I wish the schools in the south were as vocal and proactive as that of the west.
Nice one Solo.
So na so girl dey enter guys hostel anytime for UI?
Started reading this today now am here.
Re: Choices by Thollex(m): 8:16pm On Oct 06, 2016
It's ZIK hall o... The only hall in the whole of Nigeria
Re: Choices by mattyboy007(m): 2:57am On Oct 07, 2016
Nyc job.. kwuntinue op

1 Like

Re: Choices by Marshalrhino(m): 11:11am On Oct 07, 2016
Solo i hail ooo! U bad ghan, come dey make me feel like pikin. Ride on Sir...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (48) (Reply)

My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe / Bloodline.......part Two[Blood And Diamonds] / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.