Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself (45375 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Meets With African Shipowners At Conference In Lagos. Photos / Burkina Faso Prime Minister Died Suddenly During A Press Conference In Turkey / Amaechi Swears-In New Acting Chief Judge For Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Dede1(m): 7:29pm On Oct 13, 2009
@KnowAll

We are not dealing on a fictional drama written by one sex-starved punk and acted out by bunch of loonies. Nigerian issues of 1966 were real and aged-long socio-political differences among groups of people fused together by colonialist political interest. Please stop referencing to the crap called Godfather movie.

An officer such as Major Hassan Katsina remains one of the reasons that saw the January 15, 1966 coup. He commended 3rd Racce Squadron, Jos that brutally murdered many Tiv during 1964 riot. Katsina knew that northern region was not a match to eastern region in any form of spirals of arms, hence, shameful utterances such we, the north, west and Mid-west. The easterners had expected the buffoon to say that we, the northern region of Nigeria, will fight the ceded eastern region.

If you are bent on given Hassan Katsin any iota of kudos in reneging on Aburi accord, you must as well as accept fact that southern Nigerians, baring easterners, were unforgivable cowards and treacherous backstabbers.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by KnowAll(m): 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2009
you must as well as accept fact that southern Nigerians, baring easterners, were unforgivable cowards and treacherous backstabbers.

There is no doubt that the entity called Nigeria today only happened and was forced because of the stance of people like Katsina, which to me was an eye opener reading the minutes of what transpired in that confrence, the others in the confrence needed somebody to take charged which Katsina did triumphantly, Ojukwu prior to Katsina's interjection was ruling the roost.

I will not look at the contribution of the other Southerners on that table as cowardice rather I will see it as camaraderie amongst friends, Katsina has spoken for all and that includes Gowon.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Onlytruth(m): 8:45pm On Oct 13, 2009
KnowAll:

you must as well as accept fact that southern Nigerians, baring easterners, were unforgivable cowards and treacherous backstabbers.
There is no doubt that the entity called Nigeria today only happened and was forced because of the stance of people like Katsina, which to me was an eye opener reading the minutes of what transpired in that confrence, the others in the confrence needed somebody to take charged which Katsina did triumphantly, Ojukwu prior to Katsina's interjection was ruling the roost.

I will not look at the contribution of the other Southerners on that table as cowardice rather I will see it as camaraderie amongst friends, Katsina has spoken for all and that includes Gowon.

Half education is dangerous! Let me start by correcting your reference of Santino (Sony) in Godfather, you called him Tony! I read the book in my first year at university. I still have the movie collection -part one, two and three.  The tragedy of Nigeria is that people who claim to be intelligent are freely willing to reduce the nations troubles of leadership to  mere fictional novels like the Godfather!
What is the point of signing agreements if there is no willingness to keep the terms? To lionize men of flawed character like Katsina for introducing  dishonesty and mediocrity into the leadership of Nigeria is simply stupid and unconscionable!
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by SapeleGuy: 8:47pm On Oct 13, 2009
Onlytruth:

I almost agreed with you there except that in a country like Nigeria, I don't see how civilians can successfully restructure that place, since almost everyone now acknowledges that we should restructure somehow.  Unfortunately the military may still be our best hope of a successful restructuring. I don't know about the Nigerian military of today. The military of the 1960s was far more professional and patriotic. So, we must mourn Aburi as a great opportunity missed!

A call for military intervention is an admission of defeat and a leap from the frying pan into the raging inferno. Shuwa, Adekunle & Mohammed to name just three from the 60's have been variously accused of all sorts of atrocities. The coups, counter coups and the attendant loss of life are signs of unprofessionalism and indiscipline.

Rather than mourn Aburi, we should be asking where is the next opportunity? how can you use what you've got now to get what you want. That would be the politically pragmatic approach.

This combination of apathy / nostalgia is the reason that Alex Ekweme can be wheeled out with minimal protest. So when the question is asked 'what are the new generation doing?'

We can probably guess the answer,  they are  'mourning aburi'
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Onlytruth(m): 8:54pm On Oct 13, 2009
SapeleGuy:

A call for military intervention is an admission of defeat and a leap from the frying pan into the raging inferno. Shuwa, Adekunle & Mohammed to name just three from the 60's have been variously accused of all sorts of atrocities. The coups, counter coups and the attendant loss of life are signs of unprofessionalism and indiscipline.
Rather than mourn Aburi, we should be asking where is the next opportunity? how can you use what you've got now to get what you want. That would be the politically pragmatic approach.

This combination of apathy / nostalgia is the reason that Alex Ekweme can be wheeled out with minimal protest. So when the question is asked 'what are the new generation doing?'

We can probably guess the answer,  they are  'mourning aburi'
I wouldn't advise we continue to mourn Aburi, but we must keep an eye on what happened at that conference.  You have people here lionizing men of flawed character who signed agreements knowing fully well that they did not intend to honor them! Honestly, Nigeria's path into the future  is so dark because the mafiosi have seized the space since Aburi. We can't wish away this missed opportunity.
I'm not calling for military intervention. I'm only saying we failed to maximize the use of the first intervention because of hate and idiocy!
How can we even be talking about a "next opportunity" when you have people here praising men of flawed character for reneging on the agreement they freely signed? Who will sign that "next opportunity agreement" with you?
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Onlytruth(m): 8:59pm On Oct 13, 2009
If the first intervention was managed properly and espirit de corp maintained(which Aburi could have achieved), we wouldn't have half baked mafia rule the country for 43 years!
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by KnowAll(m): 9:26pm On Oct 13, 2009
You have people here lionizing men of flawed character who signed agreements knowing fully well that they did not intend to honor them! Honestly, Nigeria's path into the future  is so dark because the mafiosi have seized the space since Aburi. We can't wish away this missed opportunity.

The only men of flawed and questionable character in the 60's were your tribal folks in no other person than Nzeogwu and his motley crew of ameteur revolutionaries  they started the ball rolling in Jan 1966, why would Katsina trust Ojukwu when the Sarduna of Sokoto a direct descendant of Uthman dan fodio has been murdered in cold blood, bludgeoned to death in the dead of the night.  undecided

Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 13, 2009
KnowAll:

You have people here lionizing men of flawed character who signed agreements knowing fully well that they did not intend to honor them! Honestly, Nigeria's path into the future is so dark because the mafiosi have seized the space since Aburi. We can't wish away this missed opportunity.

The only men of flawed and questionable character in the 60's were your tribal folks in no other person than Nzeogwu and his motley crew of ameteur revolutionaries they started the ball rolling in Jan 1966, why would Katsina trust Ojukwu when the Sarduna of Sokoto a direct descendant of Uthman dan fodio has been murdered in cold blood, bludgeoned to death in the dead of the night. undecided

The men who masterminded the Jos Riot of the 50's in which there were xenophobic killings must be nationalists.

You people just like to talk about Nigeria's history as if it began in 1966.
This is the kind of dishonesty that has left Nigeria the cesspit it is right now.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by asha80(m): 9:45pm On Oct 13, 2009
mikeansy:

The men who masterminded the Jos Riot of the 50's in which there were xenophobic killings must be nationalists.

Na only that one what of 1953 kano riots.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Onlytruth(m): 9:45pm On Oct 13, 2009
KnowAll:

You have people here lionizing men of flawed character who signed agreements knowing fully well that they did not intend to honor them! Honestly, Nigeria's path into the future  is so dark because the mafiosi have seized the space since Aburi. We can't wish away this missed opportunity.

The only men of flawed and questionable character in the 60's were your tribal folks in no other person than Nzeogwu and his motley crew of ameteur revolutionaries  they started the ball rolling in Jan 1966, why would Katsina trust Ojukwu when the Sarduna of Sokoto a direct descendant of Uthman dan fodio has been murdered in cold blood, bludgeoned to death in the dead of the night.  undecided

Keep waiting for the signing of the next agreement. One Sarduana is equal to 50,000 dead Easterners! Thanks for the Nigerian el dorado your champions created and sustained for 42 years! Just don't pretend you don't know how it all started. Someone has just promised 6000 megawatts of electricity by december this year. Someone on the ground says it would be more like 1000 megawatts, for a country of 150 million! Keep dreaming bro!  grin grin
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by naijaking1: 11:26pm On Oct 13, 2009
SapeleGuy:

We can probably guess the answer, they are 'mourning aburi'

A review of history does not equal to mourning. It's a reflection, and that what it ought to be. Many societies would welcome a full practical and academic discussion of such conferences as Aburi. Why are we(supporters and opponents) too eager to abandon history, and make the same mistake over and over?
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Eziachi: 1:19am On Oct 14, 2009
citizenY:

Quote from ezeachi

Which one you dey?
If Igbos are noise makers, the problems of Nigeria and the reason your children still read with kerosene lamp, please write your senator and house Rep/assembly members tomorrow and  request them to table a private member bill in your behalf in their houses, that you want Igbos given a referenda option to vote and decide their future with immediate effect. That is the least you can do my brother and the best way to do it.

QUESTION

I  hope you have asked your representative/senator to do the same, just to achieve unity of purpose. If not, what are we talking about? You want it badly, help yourself.
You may wish to consult with your fellow travelers. Do remember to obtain signatures from Alaba, Ladipo,Balogun, the landlords of Abuja, ASPAMDA and so on.You should not shave their heads in their absence.
No we can’t send them to do the same for this reason:

1. They have a different agenda from us, while you and your are inn pursuit of one Nigeria.
2. They did not go there with mandate.
3 You expect white Boers to table an amendment to kill apartheid
4. They hated Biafra with passion because it will end their buttered bread in Nigeria.

As for those you mentioned as in Alaba, Ladipo, Balogun, the landlords of Abuja, ASPAMDA and so on., that is their personal issue as where they want to leave, just as many Nigerians like you lived in the U.K despite their leader tabling the bill of independent from Britain and go their wish. So why haven’t you ask why Nigerian still work and live in the U.K after asking to be free from the British? Or you mean that there are no Nigerian landlords in the U.K and why would Biafra landlord or business owner in Nigeria be different? You don’t about that do you.

I have told little minded people like you that equating Igbo investment outside Igboland as as yardstick for Biafra should first of all ask themselves why Nigerian live, work and own properties in the United kingdom after getting the freedom.
The day we apply your sentiment, Britain should as well send over three million Nigerians home.
When the time comes, any Biafra you don’t like in Nigeria, just deport the person, that is the way it’s done all over the worl, as you don’t live in isolation or any sort no man’s land.

Because of hate, some of you always forget to reason about the implication of their reasoning.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Eziachi: 1:40am On Oct 14, 2009
RichyBlacK:

@Eziachi, thanks for posting this!

Thank you too for your reasoning on the post itself instead following th mindless mumbling of most people, who I think are just embarrassed having just realized that the Ojukwu images painted for them by their parents all these years with all sort of concocted lies wasn’t actually the real person, just as Afam said that they resort to diverting the issue.

Even the one that called his/herself Dayokanu on this forum even surprised his/herself when he/she said that he/she can’t be bothered to read this interesting piece because it’s too big but since then he/she has written something even bigger than the actual ABURI minutes he/she branded too big tp read, then you asked if he/she didn’t read it how come he/she has a lot to say afterwards on the same issue?
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Eziachi: 1:46am On Oct 14, 2009
SapeleGuy:

The military had no business coming to power. They deserve zero credit for aburi, land use act or any of their other misguided policies.  
Please put your ethnic allegiances aside and recognise them for what they were - selfish, unpatriotic, egotistical, greedy rogues who have spoiled the country.
You can be a typical comedian at times. We al knew military has no business in power, therefore if it’s military in Aburi come up with the idea that resources control is needed in order to have peace and prosperity, therefore it should be discarded just because it was written down by the military?
It show how dumb most people can be. If Aburi was adopted, military or no military, Nigeria would have been a far better place than today, there won’t be militancy today fighting for the same resources control with many lives still been wasted.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Eziachi: 2:08am On Oct 14, 2009
KnowAll:

You see, that dishonorable and mafioso mindset was introduced into Nigeria's leadership by the Hassan Katsinas of the time and Nigeria has been led by one mafia head to the other till this day.

Hassan Katsina lured Ojukwu into a trap and Ojukwu in trying to call Hassan's bluff fluffed. Ojukwu was cornered like a rat, Katsina had put him where he wanted him,  Ojukwu a man of fine intellect and bravery was reduced to a scare crow who was smuggled out of Biafra in the dusk in other to save his skin.

I know for sure even today if Ojukwu were to ever make up with any of the other fellows on that table,  Hassan Katsina will be one man he will never make up with,  Hassan Katsina was Ojukwu's nemesis he out manoavered Ojukwu, Ojukwu knew he made both a tactical and intellectual error for falling for such an elementary bait like that.

The Aburi confrence in all honesty actually brought out the wisdom, craftiness and slyness of people like Hassan Kastina, Southerners and that includes Igbo's should accord this gentleman the respect he deserves.

I wonder why you are so encapsulated in this your morbid reasoning about Katsina and his bait. Is really your conclusion if that was an essay for you to summarize or you just think it will keep you in line with the Ojukwu you have always want to believe? Or is it that you don’t understand English language.
Because from what I read and you read recorded minute of the conference we read did not tell what Ojukwu’s response was, but only a swift interjection by their host General Ankra that they did not come their to discuss disintegration probably (just probably) knowing the implications or the outcome if Ojukwu is allowed to answer back to Katsina.
Isn’t you line of argument exactly what killed Nigeria. Where people will build a navy base in the desert even though they knew that the navy commands the ships and ship sail in water?
Isn’t Why some people will insist that a red is a white, because to them, the fact of admitting that it’s red will make them change their mythical lopsided believes, they will rather die in egotistic ignorance.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by udezue(m): 2:14am On Oct 14, 2009
Seriously FUCCK SARADUNA. smiley
Igbos are the FOOLS who did not send 50,000 Hausa-Fulani muslims to their own early graves for the death of Aguiyi Ironsi who was innocent and had nothing to do with the coup.

TIT for TAT.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Eziachi: 2:20am On Oct 14, 2009
KnowAll:

You have people here lionizing men of flawed character who signed agreements knowing fully well that they did not intend to honor them! Honestly, Nigeria's path into the future  is so dark because the mafiosi have seized the space since Aburi. We can't wish away this missed opportunity.

The only men of flawed and questionable character in the 60's were your tribal folks in no other person than Nzeogwu and his motley crew of ameteur revolutionaries  they started the ball rolling in Jan 1966, why would Katsina trust Ojukwu when the Sarduna of Sokoto a direct descendant of Uthman dan fodio has been murdered in cold blood, bludgeoned to death in the dead of the night.  undecided

And I have heard the likes of you calling for a revolution to clean Nigeria. I wonder what you understand that to mean. Like I said, I think you’re just a wanna be comedian.

Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Eziachi: 2:37am On Oct 14, 2009
The reason I went all the way to find this historic documentation of events was because of an article written by Chief Duro Onabule, who served many military governments, including in the 60.
In his articles he was lambasting Niger Delta leaders in particular Enahoro, Edwin Clarke, Amachree and Ditte Spiff for joining his fellow Yoruba elites for pressing on Gowon to reject the Aburi accord whe they returned from Ghana because they were only interested in occupying the post vacated by fleeing Igbos.
Onabule then said that what the likes of Enahoro/Clarke are fighting today in the name of confederation, resources control was negotiated and given to them on a platter of gold by young Ojukwu in Aburi but they sold out what is would have bettered their children because of greed and hate. As Enahoro, Clarke, Spiffe and Amachree either was made a governor or minister months later by Gowon. And he finished by calling Ojukwu to publish the Aburi accord so that the young generation of Yorubas and South-South can see what their leaders did and why we were here today fighting for autonomy though they threw it away 40 years ago because eof their jealousy against a young and educated son of a billionaire.
That is why I said , if Ojukwu can’t publish, it I will and because I was on vacation in the U.S, I manage to find it at the U.S national archive after few days of looking and later compared it with the original copy I saw on display at the Biafra House in Washington DC and it matched.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by naijaking1: 2:50am On Oct 14, 2009
@Eziachi
Thanks
You're an inspiration.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by KnowAll(m): 5:52am On Oct 14, 2009
One Sarduana is equal to 50,000 dead Easterners

Seriously FUCCK SARADUNA.
Igbos are the FOOLS who did not send 50,000 Hausa-Fulani muslims to their own early graves for the death of Aguiyi Ironsi who was innocent and had nothing to do with the coup.

TIT for TAT.

You people just like to talk about Nigeria's history as if it began in 1966

The killing of Easterners prior to 1966 were carried out by civilians. The military b4 Jan 1966 were like a band of brothers irrespective of where u came from, Nzeogwu change that by losing his fuse and unleashing his fury at the politicians at the time. The Military were neutral b4 then, Nzeogwu broke ranks from establish military ethics of the time by being mutinious against not only his bosses but crossed the great gulf between civilian issues and military issues. I suspect he was passionate about his people and felt uncomfortable with the killings in the North.

That is not an excuse to broke rank from the military which had a strict code of conduct modelled after the British army, infact when the Jan 1966 coup failed and Ironsi was made Head of State, He Ironsi was out of his dept as to what to do as a head of State.

Here was a man that has spent the better part of his career being loyal to his White bosses, all of a sudden he was put incharge of a whole country, nothing he learnt in Sandhurst could have prepared him for this uncharted territory, he could not fathom or come to terms with the new power that was suddenly thrust upon him hence his early demise in July 1966.

So for posterity sake, please Gentlemen always get your facts right, prior to Jan 1966 the miliatry where not involved in the brutal tribal killings in the North. I think it will benefit younger members of our community if the story is relayed correctly without any distortion to events.
Thank you
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 14, 2009
See rubbish all over the place!
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Afam(m): 7:30am On Oct 14, 2009
@Knowall,

I asked you a direct question which you dodged because answering the question would expose your low level of reasoning.

Trying to reduce the Aburi issue to a movie that you could not even get the characters right is insulting to you as a person.

I am happy that others have responded accordingly to your disjointed, unrelated and diversionary comments.

Henceforth, I will respond to you only when you tell me your age lest I continue to waste my time with a 14yr old who is hell bent on repeating what his parents told him about the Igbos and the Nigeria-Biafra war.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by SapeleGuy: 7:45am On Oct 14, 2009
Eziachi:

You can be a typical comedian at times. We al knew military has no business in power, therefore if it’s military in Aburi come up with the idea that resources control is needed in order to have peace and prosperity, therefore it should be discarded just because it was written down by the military?
It show how dumb most people can be. If Aburi was adopted, military or no military, Nigeria would have been a far better place than today, there won’t be militancy today fighting for the same resources control with many lives still been wasted.

You are an old man so you can keep romanticising Aburi, the younger generation have no excuse.

Don't come here and try and paint the architects and builders (the military) of Nigeria's misfortunes as heroes. If you are a democrat you can't support military intervention into a democratically elected sphere, never. There is no accountability in that arrangement.

Please explain how Aburi was going to handle the issue of resource control and the issue of state creation, bearing in mind that the first republic operated a 50% derivation principle.

If the federating units were to remain exactly as they were in the first republic (i.e. no new states created) why should we give aburi credit for something we already had ?
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by KnowAll(m): 7:45am On Oct 14, 2009
@ Afam

What was your question again  
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by KnowAll(m): 8:07am On Oct 14, 2009
Quote from: KnowAll on Yesterday at 01:40:39 PM
@Afam

It was obvious to the non military observers of the Aburi conference that Ojukwu "was clearly the star performer. Everyone wanted to please and concede to him". On the federal side, only the Military Governor of the Northern Region: Lt-Colonel Hassan Usman Katsina, seemed to realize the significance of what was going on. Anxious not to allow Ojukwu's domination of the proceedings to continue for too long, he at one point dared Ojukwu to "secede, and let the three of us (West, North, Mid-West) join together".

Alarmed by talk of a possible break-up of Nigeria, Ankrah quickly interjected and told his guests that "There is no question of secession when you come here [Ghana]". Although the FMG delegation was keen to mollify and make concessions to Ojukwu, Lt-Colonel Katsina was hostile and blunt than his other colleagues. He declared matter of factly to Ojukwu: "You command the east, if you want to come into Nigeria, come into Nigeria and that is that".

By issueing those 2 statements, if I where Ojukwu I will probably feel like stangulating the guy, but the nearest thing to strangulation is to fall for the bait in the 2nd statement, by pulling out of the federation. He fell for it, instead of Ojukwu to have his own game plan all setup for execution at a later date. If this is not a bait then what is a bait

So, in your wisdom Ojukwu just came back and decided to secede? Is this position correct? Is this your line of thought lest I waste my time addressing this?

Thank God I have found your question, One thing we know is we can all benefit from the wisdom, lessons and knowledge of hindsight, like they say the end justify the means, I will not want to bother u nor bore myself or anybody about who threw the first punch and when did actual armed conflict commenced.

One thing we are sure of, the disagreement of those 2 gentlemen at Aburi actually came to play and fruition in the full gallery of open warfare, the rest as day say is history.

If u want detail history of the conflict, I will suggest u go and do some research and read up on that, I dont have the time nor the patient of teaching an igbo what he should be able to recite of hand. undecided
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Afam(m): 8:23am On Oct 14, 2009
KnowAll:

Quote from: KnowAll on Yesterday at 01:40:39 PM
@Afam

It was obvious to the non military observers of the Aburi conference that Ojukwu "was clearly the star performer. Everyone wanted to please and concede to him". On the federal side, only the Military Governor of the Northern Region: Lt-Colonel Hassan Usman Katsina, seemed to realize the significance of what was going on. Anxious not to allow Ojukwu's domination of the proceedings to continue for too long, he at one point dared Ojukwu to "secede, and let the three of us (West, North, Mid-West) join together".

Alarmed by talk of a possible break-up of Nigeria, Ankrah quickly interjected and told his guests that "There is no question of secession when you come here [Ghana]". Although the FMG delegation was keen to mollify and make concessions to Ojukwu, Lt-Colonel Katsina was hostile and blunt than his other colleagues. He declared matter of factly to Ojukwu: "You command the east, if you want to come into Nigeria, come into Nigeria and that is that".

By issueing those 2 statements, if I where Ojukwu I will probably feel like stangulating the guy, but the nearest thing to strangulation is to fall for the bait in the 2nd statement, by pulling out of the federation. He fell for it, instead of Ojukwu to have his own game plan all setup for execution at a later date. If this is not a bait then what is a bait

So, in your wisdom Ojukwu just came back and decided to secede? Is this position correct? Is this your line of thought lest I waste my time addressing this?

Thank God I have found your question, One thing we know is we can all benefit from the wisdom, lessons and knowledge of hindsight, like they say the end justify the means, I will not want to bother u nor bore myself or anybody about who threw the first punch and when did actual armed conflict commenced.

One thing we are sure of, the disagreement of those 2 gentlemen at Aburi actually came to play and fruition in the full gallery of open warfare, the rest as day say is history.

If u want detail history of the conflict, I will suggest u go and do some research and read up on that, I dont have the time nor the patient of teaching an igbo what he should be able to recite of hand. undecided

Exactly what I expected to read from you as someone who is either confused or deliberately avoiding the facts.

For the benefit of others who may not see through your shallow comments I will summarize what led to the war.

1. The Aburi accord was reached in Ghana by Ojukwu (representing the eastern region) and others (representing the other regions including the head of state Gowon). The counter coup was in July 1966

2. The agreement was not kept to and in May 27 1967 (almost 1 year after the counter coup and the senseless killing of easterners mainly Igbo people by northern elements) Gowon as the head of state proceeded to create states even in the Eastern region just to wrest control of the region from Ojukwu by appointing leaders in the newly created states.

3. Biafra was declared 3 days later on May 30 1967.

4. No single shot was fired by Biafra or the eastern region after declaration of the republic.

5. Biafra did not attack anyone

6. Nigeria led by Gowon and supported by the other regions attacked Biafra on the soil of Biafra or eastern region

7. Biafra fought back and defended its own against the attack by Nigeria. This is what any self respecting people would do - FIGHT BACK WHEN ATTACKED

Since you stated you were not interested in what led to the actual conflict I have stated them.

For anyone to claim the actual events that led to the war are not important rather what he considers important is comparing Katsina to a movie he cannot correctly identify the characters goes to show how shallow and myopic the person is.

One last question - how old are you?
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by IGWEUSA(m): 8:34am On Oct 14, 2009
Afam:

He must be a methusaleh , but he reasons like a scalawag.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by udezue(m): 9:23am On Oct 14, 2009
Knowall can't be over 40 but if he is then he quite a fool at 40. Reducing events during the Aburi conference to fictional characters shows his level of immaturity and stupidity honestly.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by KnowAll(m): 11:59am On Oct 14, 2009
For anyone to claim the actual events that led to the war are not important rather what he considers important is comparing Katsina to a movie he cannot correctly identify the characters goes to show how shallow and myopic the person is.

Knowall can't be over 40 but if he is then he quite a fool at 40. Reducing events during the Aburi conference to fictional characters shows his level of immaturity and stupidity honestly.

It is clear and I am gratified with the comments as displayed above, just like your heroes Nzeogwu and Ojukwu quick to press the trigger when the arguments is not in their favour.

I have being on this forum a long time for me not to see the tell tale signs of defeat and resignation, one can tell when the act of simply putting ones views across becomes worrisome and a burden or seems exhaustive, unpleasant language and unruly behaiviour becomes the order of the day.

I will like to inform u gentlemen with your warp views above here that I KnowAll do not belong to that class of inanimate being whose past time is trading insults on the internet, I am simply cut from a different loin.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Afam(m): 1:02pm On Oct 14, 2009
KnowAll:

It is clear and I am gratified with the comments as displayed above, just like your heroes Nzeogwu and Ojukwu quick to press the trigger when the arguments is not in their favour.

I have being on this forum a long time for me not to see the tell tale signs of defeat and resignation, one can tell when the act of simply putting ones views across becomes worrisome and a burden or seems exhaustive, unpleasant language and unruly behaiviour becomes the order of the day.

I will like to inform u gentlemen with your warp views above here that I KnowAll do not belong to that class of inanimate being whose past time is trading insults on the internet, I am simply cut from a different loin.

Classical clueless response.

It is quite obvious that the facts of the matter overwhelm you and you find it supremely difficult to engage anyone based on facts. Not everyone prefers to use God father movies (even when you goofed on the character you referenced) to discuss serious issues.

I was ready to bet my last kobo that you cannot marshal any points based on facts and you have proven so.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Dede1(m): 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2009
@KnowAll

If Hassan Katsina was even smart as a third grader, the Major Katsina and his five stooges should have stayed home instead of making fool of them selves in Aburi, Ghana. There was nothing indicating that Katsina, Adebayo and Ejoor had pre-Aburi meeting at the regional level to commit to the idea of One-Nigeria where supreme leadership of Nigeria should be ceded to northern region of Nigeria.

The camaraderie you have willfully referenced in your post and supposedly embraced by Katsina was born out of cowardice, idiocy, treachery and lack of political vision among the two stooges-Adebayo and Ejoor.

Just as you have rightfully pointed out in your skewed posts, the axis of camaraderie and friendship does not include eastern region of Nigeria and should not have been persecuted for opting out of cesspit called Nigeria. Did British know about existence of this axis of friendship that excluded eastern region of Nigeria?
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by IYANGBALI: 2:05pm On Oct 14, 2009
enough of all these arguements they wont lead us to anywhere rather it would create more enemities amongst us[b].WHAT IS THE WAY FOWARD,SHOULD WE STICK TOGETHER OR SHOULD WE SPLIT?IF YES HOW DO WE GO ABOUT IT?[/b] cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag / Fuel Scarcity: The Long Queue In Abuja (pictured) / President Buhari Vs Goodluck Jonathan's Mid Term Assessment Scores & Criteria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.