Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,309 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself (45377 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Meets With African Shipowners At Conference In Lagos. Photos / Burkina Faso Prime Minister Died Suddenly During A Press Conference In Turkey / Amaechi Swears-In New Acting Chief Judge For Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by KnowAll(m): 2:37pm On Oct 14, 2009
The camaraderie you have willfully referenced in your post and supposedly embraced by Katsina was born out of cowardice, idiocy, treachery and lack of political vision among the two stooges-Adebayo and Ejoor.

That is your personal view, there would have being no need for Aburi if Ojukwu was operating on the same frequency as the others, like I said earlier on Kastina has spoken for all.

Just as you have rightfully pointed out in your skewed posts, the axis of camaraderie and friendship does not include eastern region of Nigeria and should not have been persecuted for opting out of cesspit called Nigeria.

You have already exluded the East from the camraderie of friends in your early assertion, my argument here was based on the assertion u put forward. To remind u see your earlier postings below.

If you are bent on given Hassan Katsin any iota of kudos in reneging on Aburi accord, you must as well as accept fact that southern Nigerians, baring easterners, were unforgivable cowards and treacherous backstabbers
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by KnowAll(m): 3:09pm On Oct 14, 2009
Not everyone prefers to use God father movies (even when you goofed on the character you referenced) to discuss serious issues.

The point of the Godfather Movies was to point out the strong character of the God father's 1st son, it does not matter wherther his name was Afam, Dede, Igwe USA, Uduezue, that boy's knee jerk reation to events reminds one of Nzeogwu and Ojukwu's reation to events.

I realised that the God Father was well after the incidents of the 1960's, Ojukwu would have missed out on the strong message that this movie conveyed. Afterall Movies, like books passes on strong messages which can be applicable to our everyday lives.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Onlytruth(m): 4:40pm On Oct 14, 2009
KnowAll:

That is your personal view, there would have being no need for Aburi if Ojukwu was operating on the same frequency as the others, like I said earlier on Kastina has spoken for all.

History tells us, that the only "crime" Ojukwu committed for which he was denied the comradeship of his fellow officers of the Nigerian army was to insist on the maintenance of the chain of command. The Supreme Commander -Ironsi - was "missing", though almost everyone knew he was dead by then. He only demanded that the other officers next in line of command, eg Brigadier Ogundipe, take command. THAT IS ALL HE WANTED AT THAT STAGE. Mind you, he was not asking to take command himself. He wanted others who weren't even Igbo to do so. His main fear (as an educated man) was to save Nigerian army from indiscipline. He foresaw the future and the consequences of a rogue military. He wanted to save the nation from a rogue military where a captain can otherthrow the government. I have to remind all readers here that Ojukwu -like the dead Ironsi- helped foil the Nzeogwu coup, which is why people like Awolowo was spared when Ojukwu took command as military leader of Eastern Nigeria.
So, Mr Know-all, you would do well to repudiate your earlier endorsement of men driven by hate, fear and mafioso mindset; those who ultimately led the nation to a path of destruction.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Onlytruth(m): 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2009
IYA NGBALI:

enough of all these arguements they wont lead us to anywhere rather it would create more enemities amongst us[b].WHAT IS THE WAY FOWARD,SHOULD WE STICK TOGETHER OR SHOULD WE SPLIT?IF YES HOW DO WE GO ABOUT IT?[/b] cry cry cry cry cry

I understand your hurry to forget the past. Believe me all progress minded people want to forget the past, but the past holds within its bossoms a powerful reservior of tools with which to navigate the future. If we forget our past, I can assure you that there is no way we can find our path to a great future as one nation. We must identify those who served us well, lionize and reward their legacy in order to encourage those who would emulate them to do so. I would give this one more hint: The Igbo of 2009 is as aggrieved as the Igbo of 1967 because all the fears Ojukwu had in 1967 about a stolen great future is as real as today. Somebody stole my future in 1967 and you have people today still trying to steal another 42 years. That is why we are here to stop them.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by IYANGBALI: 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2009
Onlytruth:

I understand your hurry to forget the past. Believe me all progress minded people want to forget the past, but the past holds within its bossoms a powerful reservior of tools with which to navigate the future. If we forget our past, I can assure you that there is no way we can find our path to a great future as one nation. We must identify those who served us well, lionize and reward their legacy in order to encourage those who would emulate them to do so. I would give this one more hint: The Igbo of 2009 is as aggrieved as the Igbo of 1967 because all the fears Ojukwu had in 1967 about a stolen great future is as real as today. Somebody stole my future in 1967 and you have people today still trying to steal another 42 years. That is why we are here to stop them.
ok wots d way out grin
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Onlytruth(m): 6:38pm On Oct 14, 2009
IYA NGBALI:

ok wots d way out grin

The way out is very simple (assuming people can abandon their hateful proclivities):

(1) Recognize that the nation was robbed of quality leadership through treacherous and unpatriotic acts by some of the participants and signatories to the Aburi Acccord. This is important because rogue elements hijacked Nigeria's leadership then. They have not relinquished that leadership till this day. All Nigeria's leaders from 1967 to 2009 are all offshoots of the Aburi Accord renegedes. That is how we get leaders who promise us things despite not having the intensions or wherewithals to fulfill the promises.

(2) Make public declaration acknowledging the roles (treacherous or patriotic) of all participant of the conference.

(3) Give national recognitions -retroactively- to the champions of the Aburi Accord and rebuke those who plunged the nation into war by reneging on it.

(4) Resolve as a nation to denounce mediocrity, treachery, hate and idiocy born of hate
(5) Resolve that the best in Nigeria should take over the mantle of leadership -at all levels -irrespective of tribe, state of origin, religion , sex, or color or skin.

This list is by no means exhaustive, but we can start with these.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Onlytruth(m): 6:41pm On Oct 14, 2009
You'll soon hear someone say that Igbos are greedy! grin
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Onlytruth(m): 6:44pm On Oct 14, 2009
Mind you, Aburi was not calling for Nigeria's disintegration. It only called for the loosening up of our over centralization. Today the Accord could be modified to suit current geopolitical realities, but it still looks like the best we ever got to true national stability.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Dede1(m): 6:53pm On Oct 14, 2009
KnowAll:

The camaraderie you have willfully referenced in your post and supposedly embraced by Katsina was born out of cowardice, idiocy, treachery and lack of political vision among the two stooges-Adebayo and Ejoor.

Just as you have rightfully pointed out in your skewed posts, the axis of camaraderie and friendship does not include eastern region of Nigeria and should not have been persecuted for opting out of cesspit called Nigeria.

You have already exluded the East from the camraderie of friends in your early assertion, my argument here was based on the assertion u put forward. To remind u see your earlier postings below.

If you are bent on given Hassan Katsin any iota of kudos in reneging on Aburi accord, you must as well as accept fact that southern Nigerians, baring easterners, were unforgivable cowards and treacherous backstabbers

I guess you realized that Aburi conference preceded the declaration of independent state of Biafra. And let me remind you that you have indicated a degree of happiness over the statement accredited to Major Hassen Katsina on the phantom friendship that existed between the north, west and mid-west regions.

According to you and goofy Katsina, if there was no comradeship between the axis of evil and eastern region of Nigeria, why would the evil axis led by Gowon perpetrate a war of attrition on a region that was already alienated by north, west and mid-west regions?
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by KnowAll(m): 7:08pm On Oct 14, 2009
History tells us, that the only "crime" Ojukwu committed for which he was denied the comradeship of his fellow officers of the Nigerian army was to insist on the maintenance of the chain of command

Insisting in miliatary palance are the early signs of resentment and mutiny, no military that is what is salt will treat such act with a kids glove except of course a rag-tag army.

The Supreme Commander -Ironsi - was "missing", though almost everyone knew he was dead by then. He only demanded that the other officers next in line of command, eg Brigadier Ogundipe, take command. THAT IS ALL HE WANTED AT THAT STAGE. Mind you, he was not asking to take command himself. He wanted others who weren't even Igbo to do so. His main fear (as an educated man

Ogundipe another relic from the colonial era,  might actually decline the offer to assume the post of Supreme commander, he knowing that he will be lucky to outlive or break Ironsi's tenure of office. Hence the mute stance's of Ogundipe.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by KnowAll(m): 7:13pm On Oct 14, 2009
According to you and goofy Katsina, if there was no comradeship between the axis of evil and eastern region of Nigeria, why would the evil axis led by Gowon perpetrate a war of attrition on a region that was already alienated by north, west and mid-west regions?

Ojukwu has already alianated himself by insisting on the chain of command. I think Onlythruth can throw more light on that for u.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Onlytruth(m): 7:19pm On Oct 14, 2009
KnowAll:

Insisting in miliatary palance are the early signs of resentment and mutiny, no military that is what is salt will treat such act with a kids glove except of course a rag-tag army.

Who was Ojukwu "mutiny-ing" against at that stage? Officers who were his juniors or equals in rank Ogundipe wasn't even there! He fled.
You see my friend, this your "might is right" mindset is why Nigeria can never be one. Do you think you can keep Nigeria one by force? You are dreaming my friend. This is 21st century. Only justice can keep Nigeria one! But I'm afraid that with your type around, Nigeria's fate is sealed!

Ogundipe another relic from the colonial era,  might actually decline the offer to assume the post of Supreme commander, he knowing that he will be lucky to outlive or break Ironsi's tenure of office. Hence the mute stance's of Ogundipe.

So you see him as smart because he chickened out? These are some of the cowards who let Nigeria down when it matterd most. You continue fooling yourself into thinking we have a nation when her soldiers flee at the sight of the slighest danger. Na wa o! shocked
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Onlytruth(m): 7:24pm On Oct 14, 2009
The only time Nigeria's military show "gallantry" is when they are killing fellow Nigerians. At the sight of Camerounian, Chadian or Niger soldiers, they simply hand over our land to them and flee!
Fukced up people!
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by KnowAll(m): 7:25pm On Oct 14, 2009
You continue fooling yourself into thinking we have a nation when her soldiers flee at the sight of the slighest danger. Na wa o!   grin

I find that very funny, but in life everyman has to carry his own cross, u can interprete it the way u like.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Onlytruth(m): 7:30pm On Oct 14, 2009
KnowAll:

I find that very funny, but in life everyman has to carry his own cross, u can interprete it the way u like.

Keep wriggling and scheming. Continue dodging the truth. My posts here are not for folks like you. It's for those who genuinely want to understand the nature of Nigeria's problems and its origins. Thanks for discussing!
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by KnowAll(m): 7:32pm On Oct 14, 2009
Who was Ojukwu "mutiny-ing" against at that stage. Officers who were his juniors or equals in rank  Ogundipe wasn't even there! He fled.

If according to u Ogundipe has fled, it simply means Ojukwu want to be Commander in cheif obviously there is no where in the minute where it was suggested that he offered the top job to any of the other participants. If that is not mutiny then what is mutiny  undecided
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Dede1(m): 7:34pm On Oct 14, 2009
KnowAll:

One Sarduana is equal to 50,000 dead Easterners

Seriously FUCCK SARADUNA.
Igbos are the FOOLS who did not send 50,000 Hausa-Fulani muslims to their own early graves for the death of Aguiyi Ironsi who was innocent and had nothing to do with the coup.

TIT for TAT.

The men who masterminded the Jos Riot of the 50's in which there were xenophobic killings must be nationalists.

You people just like to talk about Nigeria's history as if it began in 1966

The killing of Easterners prior to 1966 were carried out by civilians. The military b4 Jan 1966 were like a band of brothers irrespective of where u came from, Nzeogwu change that by losing his fuse and unleashing his fury at the politicians at the time. The Military were neutral b4 then, Nzeogwu broke ranks from establish military ethics of the time by being mutinious against not only his bosses but crossed the great gulf between civilian issues and military issues. I suspect he was passionate about his people and felt uncomfortable with the killings in the North.

That is not an excuse to broke rank from the military which had a strict code of conduct modelled after the British army, infact when the Jan 1966 coup failed and Ironsi was made Head of State, He Ironsi was out of his dept as to what to do as a head of State.

Here was a man that has spent the better part of his career being loyal to his White bosses, all of a sudden he was put incharge of a whole country, nothing he learnt in Sandhurst could have prepared him for this uncharted territory, he could not fathom or come to terms with the new power that was suddenly thrust upon him hence his early demise in July 1966.

So for posterity sake, please Gentlemen always get your facts right, prior to Jan 1966 the miliatry where not involved in the brutal tribal killings in the North. I think it will benefit younger members of our community if the story is relayed correctly without any distortion to events
Thank you[/color[/color]]

It appears you knew little about military parlance in particular and history of Nigeria in general. Let me call your diminishing memory to Tiv riot of 1964. The supporters of NPC and UMBC were engaged in political mayhem in Jos and surrounding regions. The premier of northern region of Nigeria, Ahamdu Bello, requested the commander of 3rd Recce Squadron, Jos to order soldiers from his unit to shoot on sight the supporters of UMBC.

But young Major Chris Anuforo would have none of such crap from the premier instead he ordered the arrest of the NPC supporters who were main source of the political mayhem.

This single action of the young major in arresting the NPC supporters piqued the premier who contacted the Brigade Command, Brig. Samuel Ademolegun, requesting that the young Igbo major be transferred to HQ in Lagos. In the place of the Major Chris Anuforo was the Major Hassen Katsina who ordered the elements of 3rd Recce Squadron to shoot the supporters of UMBC during the 1964 Tiv riot, hence, the massacre of Tiv in 1964 by the elements of Nigerian army.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Onlytruth(m): 7:44pm On Oct 14, 2009
KnowAll:

If according to u Ogundipe has fled, it simply means Ojukwu want to be Commander in cheif obviously there is no where in the minute where it was suggested that he offered the top job to any of the other participants. If that is not mutiny then what is mutiny  undecided

Let's just say that you and I have irreconcilable differences. You: believe in mutinies where whoever controls the armoury controls power. I, on the other hand believe in maintenance of seniority, discipline and merit in allocation of leadership responsibility. History has proven me right and you wrong. If that is not the case, then tell me why we wasted 42 years, dashed out Bakassi to Cameroun, still have Igbos demanding Biafra, and Niger delta militants on the prowl (I hope you don't think the issues have been resolved).
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Onlytruth(m): 7:51pm On Oct 14, 2009
This discussion should point out the problems Igbos have with the Nigerian setup. Current Nigeria is a system founded on things that can never create a great nation. So, next time you hear an Igbo agitate for Biafra, you would do well to give him/her a break.

For those who think they can continue to keep us in that doomed system by force, they would soon find out that it is no longer possible!
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by KnowAll(m): 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2009
It appears you knew little about military parlance in particular and history of Nigeria in general. Let me call your diminishing memory to Tiv riot of 1964. The supporters of NPC and UMBC were engaged in political mayhem in Jos and surrounding regions. The premier of northern region of Nigeria, Ahamdu Bello, requested the commander of 3rd Recce Squadron, Jos to order soldiers from his unit to shoot on sight the supporters of UMBC.

But young Major Chris Anuforo would have none of such crap from the premier instead he ordered the arrest of the NPC supporters who were main source of the political mayhem.

This single action of the young major in arresting the NPC supporters piqued the premier who contacted the Brigade Command, Brig. Samuel Ademolegun, requesting that the young Igbo major be transferred to HQ in Lagos. In the place of the Major Chris Anuforo was the Major Hassen Katsina who ordered the elements of 3rd Recce Squadron to shoot the supporters of UMBC during the 1964 Tiv riot, hence, the massacre of Tiv in 1964 by the elements of Nigerian army

Major Chris Anuforo, could be done for insubordination, the Sarduana being the premier of Northern Nigeria was also in charge of the armed forces in the northern part of  the country through his puppet in Lagos Balewa.

To the role Major Katsina played in quelling this uprising,

1. The Miliatary are trained to shoot to kill, not crowd control, if there is a riot in the USA or even Britain and the President orders the marines to quell the riot, meanwhile these marines where armed not with batons but M60's, what will u get, u have a bloodbath on your hands.

2. This is the duty of the police not the army, Katsina will not knowingly leave his barracks without an executive order to quell  riots.

3. The Sarduana faulted in ordering the army, but then this a new country bearly 4 year old what do u expect, we are even 49 years old today yet atrocities are commited daily.

Nzeogwu remains the 1st miliatary officer who in the name of some fantacist revolutionary movement went out and bluegeoned innocent civilians to death.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by Onlytruth(m): 8:06pm On Oct 14, 2009
KnowAll:

Nzeogwu remains the 1st miliatary officer who in the name of some fantacist revolutionary movement went out and bluegeoned innocent civilians to death.

You sound like a broken record now.  grin
You are cornered! Ideas don finish! It is time for revisionism ! Hopeless people.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by RichyBlacK(m): 8:22pm On Oct 14, 2009
KnowAll:
The killing of Easterners prior to 1966 were carried out by civilians. The military b4 Jan 1966 were like a band of brothers irrespective of where u came from, Nzeogwu change that by losing his fuse and unleashing his fury at the politicians at the time. The Military were neutral b4 then,  Nzeogwu broke ranks from establish military ethics of the time by being mutinious against not only his bosses but crossed the great gulf between civilian issues and military issues. I suspect he was passionate about his people and felt uncomfortable with the killings in the North.

That is not an excuse to broke rank from the military which had a strict code of conduct modelled after the British army, infact when the Jan 1966 coup failed and Ironsi was made Head of State, He Ironsi was out of his dept as to what to do as a head of State.

Here was a man that has spent the better part of his career being loyal to his White bosses, all of a sudden he was put incharge of a whole country, nothing he learnt in Sandhurst could have prepared him for this uncharted territory,  he could not fathom or come to terms with the new power that was suddenly thrust upon him hence his early demise in July 1966.

So for posterity sake, please Gentlemen always get your facts right,  prior to Jan 1966 the miliatry where not involved in the brutal tribal killings in the North. I think it will benefit  younger members of our community if the story is relayed correctly without any distortion to events.
Thank you

@KnowAll,

You need to get your facts right before typing up pieces with so much errors:

1. The 1966 coup plotters were from every region of the federation:
Nzeogwu: Mid-West
Ifeajuna: East
Ademoyega: West
Kpera: North

2. Also, politicians from every region of the federation were killed during the coup:
Okotie-Eboh: Mid-West
Unegbe: East
Akintola: West
Balewa: North

3. These lies that the 1966 coup was planned by Igbos to kill non-Igbos was used by elements within the Nigerian military, especially those of Northern extraction, to justify the large-scale killings of Igbos in many parts of Nigeria before the war.

4. Your assertion that the pre-1966 cold-blooded murders of Igbos in many parts of Northern Nigeria had nothing to do with the military is myopic. The military had been used in many occasions to prevent such killings, so, why didn't they prevent some of these killings when it was known that bands of marauding murderers in Northern Nigeria were always ready to kill any Igbo.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by KnowAll(m): 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2009
Your assertion that the pre-1966 cold-blooded murders of Igbos in many parts of Northern Nigeria had nothing to do with the military is myopic. The military had been used in many occasions to prevent such killings, so, why didn't they prevent some of these killings when it was known that bands of marauding murderers in Northern Nigeria were always ready to kill any Igbo.

I am afraid as hard and heartless as it may sound, it is not the job of the military, the military might have done the civilian police a favour in the past, but that is just what it was a favour.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by RichyBlacK(m): 8:40pm On Oct 14, 2009
KnowAll:

If according to u Ogundipe has fled, it simply means Ojukwu want to be Commander in cheif obviously there is no where in the minute where it was suggested that he offered the top job to any of the other participants. If that is not mutiny then what is mutiny  undecided

@KnowAll,

Did you read this paragraph from the report, or did you just develop partial amnesia regarding its content?

Despite agreeing to attend the conference, Ojukwu was still refusing to recognize Lt-Colonel Gowon as Nigeria's Head of State. Ojukwu had defiantly continued to address Gowon as the "the Chief of Staff (Army)" (the post which Gowon occupied before the July counter-coup) in his public statements. Ojukwu was alarmed at the ascension of Gowon to the highest office in the land despite the presence of several other officers who were more senior than him (Brigadier Babafemi Ogundipe, Commodore J.E.A. Wey, Colonel Adebayo, Lt-Colonels Hilary Njoku, Phillip Effiong, George Kurubo, Ime Imo, Conrad Nwawo and Lt-Colonels Ejoor and Ojukwu who were promoted to Lt-Colonel in the same week as Gowon).

From the above, it is clear that the following were senior to Gowon:
1. Brigadier Babafemi Ogundipe: West
2. Commodore J.E.A. Wey: West
3. Colonel Adebayo: West
4. Lt-Colonel Hilary Njoku: East
5. Lt-Colonel Phillip Effiong: East
6. Lt-Colonel George Kurubo: East
7. Lt-Colonel Conrad Nwawo: Mid-West

Also, the following were promoted to the rank of Lt-Colonel the same week as Gowon was promoted, making them military equivalents:
8. Lt-Colonel Ejoor: Mid-West
9. Lt-Colonel Ojukwu: East

Gowon was the only Northerner in the league of these gentlemen, and that was the reason the Hausa-Fulani plotters of the July 1966 coup picked him. They would have preferred a Northern Muslim since Gowon was Christian and most of the July 1966 coup plotters were Muslims, however, they were very careful not bring up Muslim-Christian tensions in Northern Nigeria, which would have ruined their plans of a quasi-Northern hegemony. Selecting Gowon, the highest Northerner in the military, NOT the highest Nigerian in the military by any stretch of the imagination, was their only good move.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by RichyBlacK(m): 8:41pm On Oct 14, 2009
KnowAll:

Your assertion that the pre-1966 cold-blooded murders of Igbos in many parts of Northern Nigeria had nothing to do with the military is myopic. The military had been used in many occasions to prevent such killings, so, why didn't they prevent some of these killings when it was known that bands of marauding murderers in Northern Nigeria were always ready to kill any Igbo.

I am afraid as hard and heartless as it may sound, it is not the job of the military, the military might have done the civilian police a favour in the past, but that is just what it was a favour.

Good. An attempt to refute Point 4, however, Points 1, 2 and 3 remain irrefutable!
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by udezue(m): 8:50pm On Oct 14, 2009
Arguing with a bigot like Know-all is a complete waste of time but then again ignoring him means letting Nigerians like him spread lies at our expense. How can the military not be responsible for stopping the blood-letting at that scale? I can understand if you are talking about a scuffle between 5 people but a whole region hunting down humans like animals? The police is not trained for that hence its the military's job. They could attack the soldiers and civilians in the East for leaving them but couldn't quell civilian mass killings in the North?

If it was not their job then Igbos and Easterners owed them no allegiance and should have been left alone to rot or progress in Biafra. NO BUTS.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by KnowAll(m): 8:58pm On Oct 14, 2009
Good. An attempt to refute Point 4, however, Points 1, 2 and 3 remain irrefutable

Points 1,2,3 are not relevant to the discuss here, if u can prove that Nzeogwu and his motley crew of mutineers were  not the first set of Nigerians to plan and execute a coup in Nigeria then that woud be news to me, I await eagerly for this bit of information that has eluded my attention all along, we are all learning.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by RichyBlacK(m): 9:03pm On Oct 14, 2009
KnowAll:

Good. An attempt to refute Point 4, however, Points 1, 2 and 3 remain irrefutable

Points 1,2,3 are not relevant to the discuss here, if u can prove that Nzeogwu and his motley crew of mutineers were  not the first set of Nigerians to plan and execute a coup in Nigeria then that woud be news to me, I await eagerly for this bit of information that has eluded my attention all along, we are all learning.

@KnowAll,

Have you read this before?

Please do, it will really help you. Thanks.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by KnowAll(m): 9:04pm On Oct 14, 2009
Arguing with a bigot like Know-all is a complete waste of time but then again ignoring him means letting Nigerians like him spread lies at our expense. How can the military not be responsible for stopping the blood-letting at that scale? I can understand if you are talking about a scuffle between 5 people but a whole region hunting down humans like animals? The police is not trained for that hence its the military's job. They could attack the soldiers and civilians in the East for leaving them but couldn't quell civilian mass killings in the North?

If it was not their job then Igbos and Easterners owed them no allegiance and should have been left alone to rot or progress in Biafra. NO BUTS.

You can tear all your hair out for all I care about what happened in the north, but what is not a soldier's job is not a soldier's job.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by KnowAll(m): 9:07pm On Oct 14, 2009
Have you read this before?

Please do, it will really help you. Thanks.

I have read it and thanks for the links.
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by RichyBlacK(m): 9:09pm On Oct 14, 2009
udezue:

The useless Nigerian government - useless then and useless today - had no excuse in allowing the cold-blooded murder of Igbos and others from 1966 to 1967. The government is supposed to protect its citizenry.

Just like one guy was trying to absolve the Sudanese government of the genocide in Darfur, how insolent? It was and is the responsibility of the Sudanese government to protect her citizens in Darfur from large-scale killings. No excuses! Failure to protect the people implies collusion on the part of the government and those who massacred the people.

Same applies to the useless Nigerian government! angry
Re: The Famous Aburi Conference In Full Minute Detail: Judge For Yourself by RichyBlacK(m): 9:14pm On Oct 14, 2009
KnowAll:

KnowAll:

I have read it and thanks for the links.

Oh, so you've read it and you still demand a proof of the negative?

Does logic really mean anything to you, or is it just some fancy tool used by people who like to speak too much big big grammar?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

WATCH VIDEO: Nigeria Vs India 1-99, The Real Truth Behind It / Senate Screening Of Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim Was A Shame, Don't You Think? / Fuel Scarcity: The Long Queue In Abuja (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.