Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm (25727 Views)

EXCLUSIVE: Nairaland Is Launching Its New Offices In Ota Soon [PHOTO] / How China Creates Jobs, A Lesson For Nigeria / Obasanjo Makes 34 Million Naira A Day From Ota Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bidemi12(m): 11:30pm On Oct 12, 2009
@Naijaking1 Let me explain the order of things. When a person has perpetuated an unlawful act and has profited from that act, you as a person must condemn that act. You do not try to rationalize the unlawful acts with gibberish logic. What you have said in plain english is that anybody can loot the treasury, reinvest the loot into the economy and his/her/their concience will not be pricked because people like nairaking1 will speak out for him/her/them. Little wonder that Nigeria is going down the drain with educated(assumption) illiterates like you trying to rationalize insane things. Poverty is a terrible thing. Once you remove it from the Nigerian equation people become normal. And o'yes, you still are a slowpoke. grin
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by naijaking1: 11:58pm On Oct 12, 2009
What do you know about the order of things? You bottom feeder.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On Oct 13, 2009
bidemi12:

@Naijaking1 [size=13pt]Let me explain the order of things. When a person has perpetuated an unlawful act and has profited from that act, you as a person must condemn that act. You do not try to rationalize the unlawful acts with gibberish logic.[/size] What you have said in plain english is that anybody can loot the treasury, reinvest the loot into the economy and his/her/their concience will not be pricked because people like nairaking1 will speak out for him/her/them. Little wonder that Nigeria is going down the drain with educated(assumption) illiterates like you trying to rationalize insane things. Poverty is a terrible thing. Once you remove it from the Nigerian equation people become normal. And o'yes, you still are a slowpoke. grin

PREACH AM!!!!
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Kobojunkie: 12:03am On Oct 13, 2009
asha 80:

With the kind of comments i am seeing here when i get to any political office i will just loot like say tomorrow no dey and then invest in the economy of nigeria.

I am tempted to think the same oo!!! MY GOSH!!! The people for this country dey think ehn!!! person go think say looting na the most ethical thing to do as soon as you become a politician for naija ooO!!
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bidemi12(m): 12:09am On Oct 13, 2009
@kobojunkie  Ol'boy, go ahead. Rest assured Naijaking1 will rationalize your thoughts when you do. And Naijaking1, me? bottom feeder? if only you knew.  smiley And o'yeah you still are a slowpoke. grin
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by msb247(m): 12:34am On Oct 13, 2009
shocked
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by emiwanlee(m): 12:39am On Oct 13, 2009
All hail the chief thief
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by naijaking1: 12:49am On Oct 13, 2009
bidemi12:

@kobojunkie  Ol'boy, go ahead. Rest assured Naijaking1 will rationalize your thoughts when you do. And Naijaking1, me? bottom feeder? if only you knew.  smiley And o'yeah you still are a slowpoke. grin

Being a sensless and wasted bottom feeder is the only way to explain your lack of vision and perspective. Look through many threads covering the past 3-4 years, you will see many articles by mine condemning OBJ and his like for corruption, and bad governance. After so many years and so much futile attempts to make people like him change their ways in Nigeria, nothing, nothing. Then we're told he has created local jobs, and you want to come preach law to me? If you're one of those people with one of the 6000 jobs, your perspective would have been different, or you have been overseas for too long that the Nigerian situation is incomprehensible to you any longer.

bidemi12:

@Naijaking1 Let me explain the order of things. When a person has perpetuated an unlawful act and has profited from that act, you as a person must condemn that act. You do not try to rationalize the unlawful acts with gibberish logic. What you have said in plain english is that anybody can loot the treasury, reinvest the loot into the economy and his/her/their concience will not be pricked because people like nairaking1 will speak out for him/her/them. Little wonder that Nigeria is going down the drain with educated(assumption) illiterates like you trying to rationalize insane things. Poverty is a terrible thing. Once you remove it from the Nigerian equation people become normal. And o'yes, you still are a slowpoke. grin

Show me where I stated in plain english what you said above. I'll be waiting. If you're unable to do that, I would ask you to go look at a mirror so that you'll better appreciate the moronic bottom feeder which you're.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by emiwanlee(m): 12:55am On Oct 13, 2009
Abagworo:

we all know its a crime but investing in agriculture with the money is something an average nigerian would find very difficult.obtaining bank loans for diesel import is so easy but banks funding agriculture is like the biblical camel passing through the eye of needle.that will tell you how sacrificial the investment is.
Guy you yab
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bidemi12(m): 1:01am On Oct 13, 2009
@Naijaking1  Did you not say this?

naijaking1

Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm
« #36 on: Yesterday at 03:07:30 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whether we love or hate OBJ, kudos must be given for creating jobs in Nigeria.
If all the former rogues head of states such as IBB, Abubakar, Buhari, Shagari; each creats an industry employing at least 6000 Nigerians, that will equal to about 24,000 jobs.
These jobs will help stablize our nation, instead of their loots sitting tight in some Swiss bank.
24K jobs will have an immediate and positive effect on Nigeria, whether we like these former presidents or not.

If the above post is not moronic please tell me what is? And o'yeah you still know what you are grin
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by mamagee6(f): 1:16am On Oct 13, 2009
naijaking1:

slowpoke, slowpoke, slowpoke. Everybody slowpoke, anybody slowpoke, slowpoke, slowpoke, when you don't understand or agree with them? Have you just learnt that word? slowpoke sounds good to you, eh

lol.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by naijaking1: 1:24am On Oct 13, 2009
bidemi12:

@Naijaking1  Did you not say this?

naijaking1

Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm
« #36 on: Yesterday at 03:07:30 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whether we love or hate OBJ, kudos must be given for creating jobs in Nigeria.
If all the former rogues head of states such as IBB, Abubakar, Buhari, Shagari; each creats an industry employing at least 6000 Nigerians, that will equal to about 24,000 jobs.
These jobs will help stablize our nation, instead of their loots sitting tight in some Swiss bank.
24K jobs will have an immediate and positive effect on Nigeria, whether we like these former presidents or not.

If the above post is not moronic please tell me what is? And o'yeah you still know what you are grin

I'm still waiting for the post where I "said in plain english that anybody can loot the treasury, reinvest the loot into the economy" If the above truely represents your interpretation and understanding of what I said, then I would wonder no more---- I wouldn't wonder why you're such a slowpoke who can't differentiate between an implied statement and a stated comment.

I can understand why ADHD readers like you would run with what I said above, ignoring the context and form, drawing a conclusion before you hear the whole story, and honestly making a fool of yourself. You didn't even say that I implied, but you've been wasting all these space because somewhere inside your non-functioning brain you saw where I stated in plain english blah, blah, blah---- Now, you can't show me excatly where I said what you're saying.

This is very germaine to this argument, because I could not in all conciencse advocate for people to steal and then become Robin Hoods. The reality on the ground is bitter, and that's what you don't want to face.

IBB, Buhari, and Abubakar stole so much, they are free, and some are even trying to come back and steal again----what can you do about it, apart from masturbating endlessly in front of your computer?
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bidemi12(m): 1:32am On Oct 13, 2009
@Naijaking1 i have told you before. you cannot drive me down a maze of confussion with posts that take up half a page. you can do that with someone of less intellect. "kudos must be given to him for creating jobs?" you actually wrote that. I rest my case. And it still does not change the fact that you are a slowpoke now, tomorrow and forever more. grin
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by vislabraye(m): 1:41am On Oct 13, 2009
Obasanjo so loves this country that he wants to give back what he stolen to empower the youths. That's what it looks like. Things are becoming so bad in Nigeria that some of us are satisfied for our leaders to give us peanuts form the billions they have stolen. This beats my imagination.

Meanwhile it is this same OBJ that drove the family in 1004 estate and sold the houses to himself and his cronies. How much has he stolen from Nigeria? Yet he hasx the guts to say that he has employed more than what multinationals have employed. A big lie. That is to say that the Nigerians working in Zain or MTN are not up to 6,000. Or maybe OBJ 4got that Zain and MTN are also multi-nationals. Mugun
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by nduchucks: 1:44am On Oct 13, 2009
i no believe say i fit come defend naijaking under any condition. i don dey try straighten dat elite nigerian out, thread after thread.

but as for dis thread, me i no tink say naijaking dey support looting. him be realist. de fact be say, de looters don already loot. most of de loot dey for oversea dey help de economy of those countries. so therefore, if obj leave him own loot for naija and take am employ 6,000 people, that is essentially the lesser of the evils that looters reign upon nigerians. shikena.

since for naija, at de moment, these looters no go face justice, naijaking believe say, if de loot remain for our economy, that is a good thing compared with the alternative.  on dis point, i agree with naijaking. if and when our own sergeant doe enter scene, tory go change.

@naijaking, dis agreement na rear one o, i still dey watch you and go call you out, when you bring disinformation come.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bidemi12(m): 2:03am On Oct 13, 2009
@ndu chuks  na there me and you no gree. with dat kain logic these leaders go perpetually put us for slavery. we must not use nigerian logic legalise wetin dis people de do or else the downward spiral go continue. wetin annoy me pass for naijaking be say e say we must give the bastard obj kudos for reinvesting our money wey im tif. what a shame.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by nduchucks: 2:14am On Oct 13, 2009
bidemi12:

@ndu chuks  na there me and you no gree. with dat kain logic these leaders go perpetually put us for slavery. we must not use nigerian logic legalise wetin dis people de do or else the downward spiral go continue. wetin annoy me pass for naijaking be say e say we must give the bastard obj kudos for reinvesting our money wey im tif. what a shame.

bedemi12, make i state categorically say, i believe that all de looters belong in prison without exception. now, de realities be say, dis looters don hijack de whole country including de justice system, to de extent that, dem no go see inside prison, under de current dispensation.

having said that, if de loot remain for inside nigeria, methinks dat one better pass make de money dey for overseas. i no tink say anyone fit dispute this fact. and i believe say na de point of contention be dat.

bedemi12, i feel ya pain, and i believe say most nigerians fit relate to your anger. but de fact wey i point out remains true and valid.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bidemi12(m): 2:27am On Oct 13, 2009
@ndu chuks In a way i understand you. But e get one principle wey my papa teach me. if person de do something bad wey you no fit change then no say anything wey fit be like say you de support the bad thing wey im de do. that is why 419 person wey we know say e be crook go de flash im money and people go de hail am. Fine obj employ people, but he must not be applauded like some people de do.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Princek12(m): 2:33am On Oct 13, 2009
While I do not condone stealing and looting of the national treasury, as in this case where Obasanjo has clearly funneled into his personal account the supposed $16b dollars that was earmarked for developing the power sector, with respect to his predecessors, I have to give Obasanjo some credit for at least investing the stolen funds into the local economy as opposed to stashing the funds in a foreign account. Although stealing is still wrong and should not be condoned, and I would rather have that our leaders not loot the treasury, reinvesting stolen funds in the local economy, on any given day, is still better than exporting those funds to Swiss accounts, at least in my own judgment.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bidemi12(m): 2:48am On Oct 13, 2009
People just dont get it. IT MUST NOT BE RATIONALIZED God!!!!!!
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Princek12(m): 2:55am On Oct 13, 2009
bidemi12:

People just dont get it. IT MUST NOT BE RATIONALIZED God!!!!!!
I feel you Bidemi, but peoples' rationale is that they are siding with the lesser of two evils. The main issue is that reinvesting stolen money locally should neither legitimize nor legalize looting and should, therefore, not preclude him from being prosecuted. Insofar that he is not being prosecuted, it is still better that he keep the money at home, where it is still within reach, so in the event that he dies, the money can be easily traced back and returned to the government. Foreign bank managers usually take over the looted funds if the account holder dies.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Beaf: 2:59am On Oct 13, 2009
All these thieves have "invested" in Nigeria.

IBB
Atiku Abubakar
Bola Tinubu
Umaru Dikko
Olusola Saraki
Ayo Fayose
Bode George
James Ibori
Saminu Turaki
Orji Uzor Kalu
Lucky Igbinedion
Gabriel Aduku
Nicholas Ugbane
Ndudi Elumelu
Mohammed Jibo
Paulinus Igwe
Samuel Ibi
Aliyu Abdulahi
Simon Nanle
Kayode Oyedeji
Lawrence Orekoya
Garki Jahun
Molkat Mufwang
Micheal Aule
Andrew Epkanobi
Alexander Cozman
Tom Iseogohi
Mohammed Buba
Mike Okoli
Albert Ikomi
Yuguda Manu Kaigama
etc etc etc

They are too many to list, but you get the gist sha. So since commending "good" thieves is the in thing; let us build shrines to these people and hope that they steal more so they can employ us o jare! Everybody sing and dance cos "good" thieves are around, praise Jesus, God and Allah!
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Beaf: 3:02am On Oct 13, 2009
Princek12:

While I do not condone stealing and looting of the national treasury, as in this case where Obasanjo has clearly funneled into his personal account the supposed $16b dollars that was earmarked for developing the power sector, with respect to his predecessors, I have to give Obasanjo some credit for at least investing the stolen funds into the local economy as opposed to stashing the funds in a foreign account. Although stealing is still wrong and should not be condoned, and I would rather have that our leaders not loot the treasury, reinvesting stolen funds in the local economy, on any given day, is still better than exporting those funds to Swiss accounts, at least in my own judgment.

Has Obj told anybody that the $16 billion is in a hole he dug at his Ota farm? Everybody is going "o he did well to steal and keep the money here". Who told you?

Anyways, a thief is a thief is thief.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Princek12(m): 3:11am On Oct 13, 2009
Beaf:

Has Obj told anybody that the $16 billion is in a hole he dug at his Ota farm? Everybody is going "o he did well to steal and keep the money here". Who told you?

Anyways, a thief is a thief is thief.
Well, I am assuming the money is in Nigeria. If the money is overseas then that is a different issue. I am not saying he is not a thief, and I hope they prosecute him (which I doubt). I really don't care if he invested in Nigeria or not; my main problem is where he is keeping the $16b.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Kobojunkie: 3:13am On Oct 13, 2009
Princek12:

This is the same sort of rationale that almost got an internationally known criminal elected as president of Nigerian back in 1993. embarassed
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by AloyEmeka6: 3:15am On Oct 13, 2009
Kobojunkie:

This is the same sort of rationale that almost got an internationally known criminal elected as president of Nigerian back in 1993. embarassed

Is it Abiola?
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Princek12(m): 3:39am On Oct 13, 2009
I don't care about the job creation stuff. My own concern is where is he keeping all the money he stole. You guys are missing the point. I am not saying it is OK to steal, but these thieves are not being prosecuted, anyway; so until we start prosecuting them, it is still better that they keep the money at home. Abacha, if i remember, took all the money to Swiss banks and only a marginal portion of those funds were recovered. People steal all over the world, but the difference is that they don't bring their ill-gotten wealth to Africa, but African thieves always export theirs to Europe, where the money is accrues interest and is utilized in developing the economy of a foreign land.  If on the other hand the money is kept at home, local banks can at least invest the money. Let's stop being emotional and analyze this thing pragmatically and economically; it is still better to keep stolen money at home than to ship it abroad.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Kobojunkie: 3:43am On Oct 13, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Is it Abiola?

Na you post am ooo!!! lol
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Kobojunkie: 3:50am On Oct 13, 2009
Princek12:

I don't care about the job creation stuff. My own concern is where is he keeping all the money he stole. You guys are missing the point. I am not saying it is OK to steal, but these thieves are not being prosecuted, anyway; so until we start prosecuting them, it is still better that they keep the money at home.

Are you sure it is better that the money be kept at home?  If a man steals your car, and then drives that car in your neighborhood, without regard to the fact that you know of this, does it make it better?? It is, in my opinion, an insult to every living Nigerian out there.

These men steal from us in broad day light, only to turn around and spend the money right there employing us to work to make more money for their private pockets. How in the world is that better? Isn’t that essentially slavery of some sort?

He steals from the poor, only to pay the poor to make more money for him, and he somehow believes he is  a hero/messiah? **shudders**

Princek12:

Abacha, if i remember, took all the money to Swiss banks and only a marginal portion of those funds were recovered.

You forgot to answer the question why? Also, you forgot to ask what portion of that money actually ended up with the THIEVES. Obasanjo bilked the country of millions of pounds. He is today enjoying every single dime of it. Would our situation really have been better if every single dollar of the amount stolen by the Abachas ended up in their pocket?

Princek12:
People steal all over the world, but the difference is that they don't bring their ill-gotten wealth to Africa, but African thieves always export theirs to Europe, where the money is accrues interest and is utilized in developing the economy of a foreign land.  If on the other hand the money is kept at home, local banks can at least invest the money. Let's stop being emotional and analyze this thing pragmatically and economically; it is still better to keep stolen money at home than to ship it abroad.

Dude, I don’t know about you, but I prefer stolen money not be brought to Africa. All the ill-luck on that loot has to end up somewhere and I would rather it not end up in Africa. Lord knows we already have too much of that plaguing our dear continent. Why ask for more? Lol
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by SeXyBoNE: 4:07am On Oct 13, 2009
If i am opportuned to rule this country, OBJ will be the first person i will use for sacrafice in repayment for all the atrocities he commited durin his tunure
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Princek12(m): 4:25am On Oct 13, 2009
Kobokunje, You are funny. I feel you, sha. It is annoying that they can steal our money and spend it in our own backyard without fear of prosecution. IBB did it and built a mansion in Minna; Obasanjo is doing it; and I am sure his excellency Allahaji Yar Adua will follow the footsteps of his predecessors and do the same thing. I don't know when it will end.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bawomolo(m): 4:56am On Oct 13, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Na you post am ooo!!! lol

wait till i report you and aloy emeka to oshiomole

SeXyBoNE:

If i am opportuned to rule this country, OBJ will be the first person i will use for sacrafice in repayment for all the atrocities he commited durin his tunure

oyinbo dey talk about reform/regulation, this one dey talk sacrifice.

Africans are strange people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Was Black Friday Worth All The Hype? / FG Mulls Unified Naira Exchange Rate Regime / Checkout Today's Naira Exchange Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.