Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm (25778 Views)

EXCLUSIVE: Nairaland Is Launching Its New Offices In Ota Soon [PHOTO] / How China Creates Jobs, A Lesson For Nigeria / Obasanjo Makes 34 Million Naira A Day From Ota Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by naijaking1: 6:01am On Oct 13, 2009
Kobojunkie:

This is the same sort of rationale that almost got an internationally known criminal elected as president of Nigerian back in 1993. embarassed

So, that was why Abiola was not allwed to become president? Thank God for sending his angels and saints in the form of IBB and Abacha to kill June 12
I have always known that you're irrational, now I know how deeply irrational you really are.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by naijaking1: 6:11am On Oct 13, 2009
bidemi12:

People just dont get it. IT MUST NOT BE RATIONALIZED God!!!!!!

You don't get it, nobody is rationalizing theft and corruption. I have not seen anybody on this thread who supports stealing public money. We all lament spilling milk, but the smart ones would find a way to use some of the spilt milk for something important so that it doesn't become 100% loss.
I am for using that spilt milk for something---feed dogs, use it for fertilizer, whatever. You would obviously sit and cry your eyes out the whole day about the spilt milk, and do nothing, but complain till the end of the day.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bricks(m): 7:53am On Oct 13, 2009
How convinient for you to say am changing my stance, I'm not. You probably never bothered to understand what I have been saying all along.
If you didn't understand what I have been saying for these 4 pages, then you're truely a slowpoke.
If you don't understand that at the moment there is no other way we can get even a fraction of the money stolen by our leaders back, you're a slowpoke.
If you don't know that many African leaders would rather die and forfeit these monies in European banks, than give it to their people, you're a slowpoke.
If you don't know that there many other thieves like OBJ walking the streets in Nigeria with Billions of our money rotting away in foreign banks, you're a slowpoke.
If you don't know that these billions is creating jobs for kids in other countries, you're a slowpoke.
If you don't know these thieves currently rule Nigeria, and there's nothing you can do to them, and their friends, then you're still a slowpoke.
If you have ever been unemployed, and you even went to your enemies companies to look for work, any type of work; and you got a job, but refused the job, because your enemy stole the money from your family in the past, while hunger dey kill you and your present family, then you're a real big slowpoke.

@naijaking1-wow! shocked shocked :ou are killing dis dude-but i think he deserves to know the truth and be realistic.
If you don't know that these billions is creating jobs for kids in other countries, you're a slowpoke.
and u have done a good job my friend.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by nnemak(m): 8:35am On Oct 13, 2009
I am flabbergasted you enlighten peeps would be deviated from the original topic at start throwing punches at each other…even my able dockky…lol

We all know these guys are rogues and have stolen plenty!!

But apart from that what have they done with their loots.
We are not hailing them but any of them that re-invest the stolen fund back in 9ja and provide jobs and welfare compared to other that have slashed it aboard should be encouraged,
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by 2Legit2Qui: 8:37am On Oct 13, 2009
how many have you created you that is complaining? see yah head.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by igeluma: 9:19am On Oct 13, 2009
In a country where umempolment is a problem,is a welcome development.
Hope others will follow,as many graduates are looking for jobs.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by chidichris(m): 9:58am On Oct 13, 2009
hunger and poverty have proved to be the highest weapon of mass destruction. nigerians have gone so mad that reasoning well has become a very difficult task.
because we are hungary, because we are poor, anything that brings food is respected and adhored.
soon, armed robbery gang leaders who import guns and arms and employ young men to use them against us will start getting awards from us as they have succeeded in providing us the employment that we lack.
shame on our sense of reasoning.
obj is a common criminal and must be treated as one no matter what he does.
the proceeds of his criminal actions are what we see in the so called farm.
the criminal based farm has hosted more damaging political meetings than agricultural products.
the so called farm is used more often as aso rock than aso rock itself.
between 1999 and today, 90% of all the destructive meetings of the criminal gangs have been right there in the farm.
we are doomed.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by StEdwin(m): 10:37am On Oct 13, 2009
9ice one from the septuagenarian
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bidemi12(m): 10:47am On Oct 13, 2009
@chidichris   you never see anything. I just thank God for my life. I probably have an unfair advantage. Maybe if i was immersed deep in poverty my rationale will be as warped as some people here. Some people just do not know how dangerous this line of thought is to them as a person and to us as a nation. It has gotten to bad that the first thing anyone thinks about when entering public office is to "chop" then maybe do the job he was voted to do. If the crook decides to put back, say 1% of what he stole, people will find ways of rationalizing his actions. "yes e chop money but at least he invest the money back." We are gradually accepting coruption as a way of life. This issue should not even be in debate at all. Fine as an ordinary citizen you may not be able to physicaly affect lives of millions but at least you have your voice and should be able to speak out against madness. When you have enough people saying that what is bad is good then you have enough people believing it. God help us. And o'yeah nijaking1, you no what you are  now grin. I dont have to say it.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by nexzo(f): 10:52am On Oct 13, 2009
unhhhhhun? i smell a rat
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by nexzo(f): 11:12am On Oct 13, 2009
sorry i did not introduce myself.
hi to all
its nexzo
kind of observing from outside
got interested finally
cool to be here
keep on
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by okeskyus: 11:15am On Oct 13, 2009
OBJ is a wise monkey. All our leaders are thieves. PDP shld hav Looters Cooperative Society.
Looters are the Untouchables in Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by naijaking1: 11:16am On Oct 13, 2009
bidemi12:

@chidichris   you never see anything. I just thank God for my life. I probably have an unfair advantage. Maybe if i was immersed deep in poverty my rationale will be as warped as some people here. Some people just do not know how dangerous this line of thought is to them as a person and to us as a nation. It has gotten to bad that the first thing anyone thinks about when entering public office is to "chop" then maybe do the job he was voted to do. If the crook decides to put back, say 1% of what he stole, people will find ways of rationalizing his actions. "yes e chop money but at least he invest the money back." We are gradually accepting coruption as a way of life. This issue should not even be in debate at all. Fine as an ordinary citizen you may not be able to physicaly affect lives of millions but at least you have your voice and should be able to speak out against madness. When you have enough people saying that what is bad is good then you have enough people believing it. God help us. And o'yeah nijaking1, you no what you are  now grin. I dont have to say it.

After sleeping all night, you didn't even come up with a more realistic position, or maybe you still don't understand. This is not about the morality of corruption. I hate corruption more than you do. This is about what to do when our country has been taken hostage by very corrupt men, and there is no way of getting rid of them----that's where we differ. You don't have to be immersed in poverty to have good problem solving skills. If you had good problem solving skills, you know right away that there is no use crying over spilt milk.

IBB and Abacha probably stole more money than OBJ, I don't know, but while we condemn all of them for sabotaging our nation, and while we're helpless in retrieving their loot, any of them that returns some of the money to Nigeria is better than the one who did not return their own. Do you know anything about capital flight since you don't have to worry about poverty like the rest of us?
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bidemi12(m): 11:20am On Oct 13, 2009
@naijaking1 keep rationalizing. slowpoke
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Abagworo(m): 11:22am On Oct 13, 2009
@naijaking.dont mind them jare.if all the money looted from nigeria were invested in nigeria,we would have been better off than now.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by naijaking1: 11:32am On Oct 13, 2009
bidemi12:

@naijaking1 keep rationalizing. slowpoke

Rich boy bottom feeder with "unfair advantage" against others grin
If only you had been immersed in a little poverty, you could have had more common sense to solve basic life's problems everyday.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bidemi12(m): 11:35am On Oct 13, 2009
@Naijaking1 Your kind of common sense? no thank you slowpoke wink
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by AloyEmeka6: 11:47am On Oct 13, 2009
bawomolo:

wait till i report you and aloy emeka to oshiomole
I will only set BecomeRich after oshiomole and you will watch him beg after one week of continuous stalking and pestering by Becomerich. Becomerich will draw the map of Oshiomole's stomach and guestimate how many pieces of nkwobi and isiewu inside the guts.

oyinbo dey talk about reform/regulation, this one dey talk sacrifice.

Africans are strange people.

Na wetin our leaders turn us into. Barbaric cannibals. grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Demoladoc: 12:05pm On Oct 13, 2009
how people cant discuss issues with one another without throwing insults is amazing. Even when you are discussing other issues like music, romance etc these same people come on here and before they write three words, they would have decorated their write ups with all manner of insults and abusive languages thrown at anyone who as much as toe a different line of thot to theirs.
 To start with, obj has not been proven to have looted money.  U cannot sit in ur room and just assume since his farm was better of after he left office then he must have dried up nija money. How wont his farm improve? He was president for 8yrs for God's sake. There are so many benefits that are attached to dat office. The 6k figure amounts to the total no of employees thruout the 30yrs of its existence.
  im not an obj beneficary but if truth be told he tried his best given the circumstances and he shud be called father of modern nigeria.
He may not av been perfect. He may failed in some aspects( who doesnt fail anyway or who passes all). But to say the man was a total failure is just being economical with d truth.
He laid the foundation for us to move forward and he shud be accorded that honour.
End of,
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bidemi12(m): 12:25pm On Oct 13, 2009
@ Demoladoc

Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm
« #180 on: Today at 12:05:48 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how people cant discuss issues with one another without throwing insults is amazing. Even when you are discussing other issues like music, romance etc these same people come on here and before they write three words, they would have decorated their write ups with all manner of insults and abusive languages thrown at anyone who as much as toe a different line of thot to theirs.
To start with, obj has not been proven to have looted money. U cannot sit in your room and just assume since his farm was better of after he left office then he must have dried up nija money. How wont his farm improve? He was president for 8yrs for God's sake. There are so many benefits that are attached to dat office. The 6k figure amounts to the total no of employees thruout the 30yrs of its existence.
im not an obj beneficary but if truth be told he tried his best given the circumstances and he shud be called father of modern nigeria.
He may not av been perfect. He may failed in some aspects( who doesnt fail anyway or who passes all). But to say the man was a total failure is just being economical with d truth.
He laid the foundation for us to move forward and he shud be accorded that honour.
End of,

Are you serious about that bolded remark? undecided
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by SapeleGuy: 12:28pm On Oct 13, 2009
Demoladoc:

U cannot sit in your room and just assume since his farm was better of after he left office then he must have dried up nija money. How wont his farm improve? He was president for 8yrs for God's sake. There are so many benefits that are attached to dat office. The 6k figure amounts to the total no of employees thruout the 30yrs of its existence.
End of,

There is a fine line between incompetence and corruption when you continue to do, knowing full well that you are not capable, it becomes a corruption.

I don't know how familiar you are with the following issues:
1. Halliburton Bribe Scandal
2. Transcorp Share Scandal.
3. Power generation projects

My final question for you is which part of Nigeria is modern? In your answer please remember that we have no electricity, water or roads.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bidemi12(m): 12:30pm On Oct 13, 2009
@Sapeleguy grin
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by posakosa(m): 12:40pm On Oct 13, 2009
How can we have 6 pages of information over a press release ? Nigerians sha! just love to argue. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bricks(m): 12:52pm On Oct 13, 2009
Demoladoc:

To start with, obj has not been proven to have looted money.  U cannot sit in your room and just assume since his farm was better of after he left office then he must have dried up nija money. How wont his farm improve? He was president for 8yrs for God's sake. There are so many benefits that are attached to dat office. The 6k figure amounts to the total no of employees thruout the 30yrs of its existence.
End of,

am glad that we have one more rational thinking dude on this thread.

i have never seen  or heard any one as foul mouthed on this thread like Bidemi12 and beaf .funny thing is this two Ghost writers have not written anything intelligent since this whole thing started apart from spitting insults.they argue thier points with nothing but childish ramblings.

@demoladoc-I totally agree with you dat OBj laid the foundation to move us  forward as a democractic nation.unfortunately yaradua has not been able to keep up the momentum, and this is  setting us back again.

OBJ's tenure saw the influx of young men in politics,talk about  donald duke and the likes.

in case we all have forgotten,CBN Governor is a political appointed.so who appointed Chukwuma Soludo that started the first sanitization of the banking industry with the consolidation excercise-OBJ.

who single handedly checkmate IBBs presidential ambition(which would have succeeded and the likes of bidemi12 will come on this forum to scream "blue murder"  all day in front thier computer screen without doing shit!)?-OBJ, no one could have succeded in doing that  in nigeria and i stand to be corrected.

we have all agreed on this thread that OBJ also stole.what i believe the likes of Niajaking1,demolac and my humble self are saying is if u want to judge him based on his performance as a leader in nigeria compared to the last 20yrs of leadership we have had, then be fair,be objective and be realistic.

OBJ has employed 6,000 people, 6,000 less people that would wake up in the morning witrhout knowing where to go to earn a  HONEST living,

NUFF SAID!
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by Demoladoc: 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2009
@ sapele guy, im very familiar with those and the fact still remains those are just allegations thrown around to discredit the man and they arent even PROVEN yet. which electricity project are u talkin about? The amount spent wasnt even any where near the qouted fiqures. Obj enemies just concort up som figures to brainwash pple to make him look terrible.
Modern doesnt necessary mean in phycical terms. It refers to a new direction, a point of turnin d corner. we had just recovered from years of military missrule and attempts were made during obj's rule to do things differntly. There was massive economic rejuvenation, inflation rates stagnated, enormous inflow of investments, debt fogiveness, serious fight against corruptn(even if not done perfectly), improvement in nija image abroad.
Point is he tried to make things work. How, in 8yrs, would he fix electricity, roads, water, hospitals that have all gone all terrible through years of serious neglect.
You point out areas he didnt do well and i point out sections he did well. period.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by naijaking1: 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2009
bidemi12:

@Naijaking1 Your kind of common sense? no thank you slowpoke wink
Common sense, sounds familiar? I know it doesn't come in equal supply. It's especially low among spoilt over-fed little boys with 'unfair advantages and who are not immersed in poverty' like you Now, I understand why you think and feed through your anus.

Demoladoc:

To start with, obj has not been proven to have looted money.  U cannot sit in your room and just assume since his farm was better of after he left office then he must have dried up nija money. How wont his farm improve? He was president for 8yrs for God's sake. There are so many benefits that are attached to dat office. The 6k figure amounts to the total no of employees thruout the 30yrs of its existence.
End of,

Whether a court has found OBJ guilty of corruption or not history will not forgive him. He is the only one blessed with the privilage of ruling this country twice, and he messed up both times. From land use act in his first term, to killing innocent civilians at Odi, to screwing up our power supply. There're more things wrong with his rule than were right(cell phone, Nollywood)
Corruption thrived during OBJ, and worst of all, IBB, Abubakar and all those people whose personal bank accounts are fatter than our national bank account, all walked around free, and loud.
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bidemi12(m): 1:07pm On Oct 13, 2009
@bricks it still baffles me that a supposedly intellegent person would decide to try and drive us through a labyrinth of confusion with rhetoric that takes up half a page which otherwise would take a few lines. Fine obasanjo has employed people with stolen funds, and have given people employment, all when and good. But dont come here to try and make logic of corruption. That is how day in day out nigerians are being brainwashed. So lets make a truce, no more moronic statements. Pleeeaaasssee.  grin
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bidemi12(m): 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2009
@Naijaking1 your rhetoric will not change the fact that you are a slowpoke for trying to make logic of corruption. grin
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bricks(m): 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2009
Demoladoc:

@ sapele guy, im very familiar with those and the fact still remains those are just allegations thrown around to discredit the man and they arent even PROVEN yet. which electricity project are u talkin about? The amount spent wasnt even any where near the qouted fiqures. Obj enemies just concort up som figures to brainwash pple to make him look terrible.
Modern doesnt necessary mean in phycical terms. It refers to a new direction, a point of turnin d corner. we had just recovered from years of military missrule and attempts were made during obj's rule to do things differntly. There was massive economic rejuvenation, inflation rates stagnated, enormous inflow of investments, debt fogiveness, serious fight against corruptn(even if not done perfectly), improvement in nija image abroad.
Point is he tried to make things work. How, in 8yrs, would he fix electricity, roads, water, hospitals that have all gone all terrible through years of serious neglect.
You point out areas he didnt do well and i point out sections he did well. period.

could'nt have said it better myself. ; people are troubled with a disease called "myopia" in nigeria.D

NICE ONE!
Re: Obasanjo Creates 6000 Jobs In Ota Farm by bricks(m): 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2009
bidemi12:

@Naijaking1 your rhetoric will not change the fact that you are a slowpoke for trying to make logic of corruption. grin

bidemi12:

@bricks it still baffles me that a supposedly intellegent person would decide to try and drive us through a labyrinth of confusion with rhetoric that takes up half a page which otherwise would take a few lines. Fine obasanjo has employed people with stolen funds, and have given people employment, all when and good. But dont come here to try and make logic of corruption. That is how day in day out nigerians are being brainwashed. So lets make a truce, no more moronic statements. Pleeeaaasssee. grin

@bidemi12-just so u know,this is actually becoming boring! try using more vocabs.it woudl help u in communicating wit civilized people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Vitafoam Vs Mouka Foam / Businesses You Can Start With Little Or No Money / Fire Guts Onitsha Market, Traders Attempt Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.