Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,308 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? (34110 Views)

Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by specco(m): 4:54pm On Sep 25, 2016
Julian08:
Did your god not create everything including he'll?
Did he not create the criteria by which souls will be judged?

Is there anything that goes on without his knowledge or that he doesn't have the power to influence?

So if people go to hell isn't he responsible for that? Because he had the power to stop that but didn't or perhaps, he just wanted them to go there after all.
The Almighty is a God of justice, righteousness, mercy and grace. He cant overlook sin else he'll not be true to his JUSTICE nature. But His MERCY, GRACE and RIGHTEOUS nature also compelled him to be merciful to come in the person of Jesus Christ and bore the punishment due for SIN. He died and tasted hell on the sinner's behalf and came back to life after three days. So if the sinner repents and accepts Jesus as his personal Lord and Saviour he'll not go to hell himself.
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Jacko1(m): 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
Una too ask question

Y dis y dat

Na only God you sabi

Go ask allah... Shiva...zeus
Ahhh

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by LastSurvivor: 5:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
Jesuobu:
Omniscience is defined as he state of having total knowledge, the quality of knowing everything. For God to be sovereign over His creation of all things, whether visible or invisible, He has to be all-knowing but this does not mean God has already known those destined for hell. He gave everyone a level plain ground for anyone who believes in Jesus will inherit the kingdom of God.

The Noah incident was because so much evil was found in men and on the earth and God was deeply sorry that He had created man and decided to flood the whole earth to cleanse it and promised never to do it again.

Don't tell me this is how you reason in real life pls..
Ur bible says he "God" knows what we will be before we got to our mothers womb, so you telling me he doesn't know evil will be on earth before he created man

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
specco:

The Almighty is a God of justice, righteousness, mercy and grace. He cant overlook sin else he'll not be true to his JUSTICE nature. But His MERCY, GRACE and RIGHTEOUS nature also compelled him to be merciful to come in the person of Jesus Christ and bore the punishment due for SIN. He died and tasted hell on the sinner's behalf and came back to life after three days. So if the sinner repents and accepts Jesus as his personal Lord and Saviour he'll not go to hell himself.
Didn't Even try to answer the question before spewing unrelated crap. TYPICAL

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by theoneJabulani(m): 5:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
myboy2010:
point of correction, the world was created some 6000 years ago nt 13.8 billion as atheist like you do say
drop the Bible and pick up a non fictional book like a science magazine, maybe that will cure the ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by donnffd(m): 5:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
myboy2010:
point of correction, the world was created some 6000 years ago nt 13.8 billion as atheist like you do say

If the world was created 6000years old, why are they trees older than 6000years old?

I think you need science in your life...

3 Likes

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
donnffd:
An armed robber says your money or your life, and you refuse to give him your money and then he shoots you and claims it was your choice...

That seems like what i am reading...
You reminded me of THIS youtube video grin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaJgLBoB_Pw

Exactly what you just said

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by davss02(m): 5:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
Its only a deluded fellow that will say there is no God
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by donnffd(m): 5:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
shadeyinka:

God created some special class of creatures with free will. The first is
Angels: created to be servants to Him
Man: created to be his "babies"

Angels were to Serve Him by their choice
Men were to Love Him by their choice.

I guess God did NOT want Robots: the peak of creations will need autonomy.
Which do you think is greater in sophistication; a preprogrammed robot or a self programming robot?

Like I said before:
Time is an illusion of the physical space. In the time-space of the spiritual, time doesn't exist. A trillion years using the earths time space is extremely long, but in the spirit realm, time doesn't have a meaning. Moreover, spirits cannot die!

He didn't create us to serve Himself!
He created us and gave us guidelines which will lead us to a life of Love to Him and to each other. That is why the greatest commandment is about Love to God and Love to Man.

To Love is a choice we all make and Love CANNOT be Forced

No! LOL
God doesn't need anyone's worship. Those who Love Him worship Him because they see that He was the one who actually loved them First and due to the greatness of His majesty.

The only test or prove for LOVE is choices you make by your FREEWILL

You say time is an illusion, so how do you explain the punishment of hell? Not happening because anything happening is already a function of time. I dont really understand that part and the bible also said in Revelations 20: 10

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

So please clarify!

Then your last point was that God doesnt need anyone to worship or love him, my simple question is why does he now punish those who doesnt?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by thankgod460(m): 5:31pm On Sep 25, 2016
Believe me, the judgment of heaven is far from anybody imagination.... is unquestionably GOD...
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Zenlife: 5:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
juniweezy:
can I ask you. If God knew that all your children would go to hell n now decides to make u impotent n there is nothing u can do that would make u have a child. How would u feel?

Wrong question for me. I already have plenty.
There are thousands who fit your assumed profile, and hopefully you won't have a problem locating some, at the least Google it.
And when you do ask them how they feel, again hopefully your question will be answered child.

At any rate, the #1 rep today of those who fed you with the hell and heaven, cock and bull tale in the first place, the Pope has said hell and heaven don't exist.
So there!

Phew, and if so nullifies the Christian religious bedtime stories.

why the heck am I in this topic discourse anyways.

Next?
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by InvertedHammer: 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2016
/
In batch processing, some products are bound to be bad.

But then God is perfect. So there shouldn't be any room for mistakes ab initio.

\
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by salveoP(m): 5:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
op...the answer to your question is simple: there is no predestination, there is no hell fire. Yes, God has d ability to know what is yet to come but he rarely used dis on humans. As for hell fire, a God of Love does not punish people in hell. He simply destroy d wicked...
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by lastmessenger: 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
Lennycool:

How do you continue to refuse logic. Omniscient is all knowing. I repeat all knowing. Past future present. People that will go to hell are in the future, so God knows them already. You cannot be omniscient and regret it is impossible. If I know eating beans will give me indigestion and I still eat it and have indigestion, why will I regret when I knew the outcome before I began. Please I beg you(in the name of God), use brain.
Bible never said God knows the individuals that will go to hell.
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by bology: 5:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
Interesting post, ALMIGTHY is d only thing dat exists, the first and the last, the open and the hiden. where were u when u were nt born? Having knowledge abt who u are u'll knw the omniscience. it is very few pple that knws the hiden knowledge about GOD. In islam it is known as philosophy not d one dat makes u belive about freewill determinism. Meet ur pastor that u want to knw urslf linked with GOD, if u already knw there is a creator u've got 1 of 10 of d knwldge. u won't get right only on meditation.
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
lastmessenger:
Brain dead argument. Omniscient means knowing all. So by this definition he knows who will go to hell and who will not.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Zenlife: 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
lastmessenger:

Mr/ Ms 'lastmessenger' you're on point.
With your statement, inspite of all the posts that preceded yours, you darn right, you should be the 'last'messenger'.
Child.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Ejerry(m): 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
OgundeleT:

since he foreknown according to your own definition of omniscience god why is he now testing us? why is he allowing us to undergo so much stress on a mission he knew is to futility?

I am going to try my best here. I believe there is a God, a group of Gods or a supreme supernatural force that supercedes and oversees all forces, i do because of the existence of stuffs as spirituality, magic etc. This God gives order in the supernatural realm. There must be, or there would have been serious chaos. That said, I do believe that there has been a faulty, incomplete or altered teaching about some of the nature of this being passed along for centuries. Personaly i think for d sake of order among humans there must be judgement, culminating in hell or paradise; now if there is judgement then there must have been freewill, and there is, choices. Now freewill we know exists for sure, now if God gave us minds am sure as hell that there is no way He knows wat choices we could always take, but then he sure knows the result of every choice we make. This is destiny, a function of choice. this is what i think though. so call it omniscience, call it fore knowledge, call it hulaballu or whatever, I believe there is a limit to what He knows period.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
bology:
Interesting post, ALMIGTHY is d only thing dat exists, the first and the last, the open and the hiden. where were u when u were nt born? Having knowledge abt who u are u'll knw the omniscience. it is very few pple that knws the hiden knowledge about GOD. In islam it is known as philosophy not d one dat makes u belive about freewill determinism. Meet ur pastor that u want to knw urslf linked with GOD, if u already knw there is a creator u've got 1 of 10 of d knwldge. u won't get right only on meditation.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 25, 2016
Ejerry:

I am going to try my best here. I believe there is a God, a group of Gods or a supreme supernatural force that supercedes and oversees all forces, i do because of the existence of stuffs as spirituality, magic etc. This God gives order in the supernatural realm. There must be, or there would have been serious chaos. That said, I do believe that there has been a faulty, incomplete or altered teaching about some of the nature of this being passed along for centuries. Personaly i think for d sake of order among humans there must be judgement, culminating in hell or paradise; now if there is judgement then there must have been freewill, and there is, choices. Now freewill we know exists for sure, now if God gave us minds am sure as hell that there is no way He knows wat choice we would always make, but then he sure knows the result of every choice we take. This is destiny, a function of choice. this is what i think though. so call it omniscience call it fore knowledge call it hulaballu, there is a limit to what He knows period.
So God is not all powerful again, he now has a limit. Lol. grin and you theist don't believe in evolution. See how this guy just evolved on what has been part of Christian lore for hundreds of years. You have been presented with so much fact, that you have now accepted an imperfect God, in other to defend him.
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by lastmessenger: 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
Lennycool:

Brain dead argument. Omniscient means knowing all. So by this definition he knows who will go to hell and who will not.
There is nothing like brain dead here. I just said a simple statement which nobody can refute. God never said in any place in the bible that he already knows the people destined to go to hell. So lets not say what God did not say.
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by lastmessenger: 5:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
Zenlife:

Mr/ Ms 'lastmessenger' you're on point.
With your statement, inspite of all the posts that preceded yours, you darn right, you should be the 'last'messenger'.
Child.
if God said he knows the individuals going to hell,please i would like you to show me.
I am the lastmessenger. No doubt about that.
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Ejerry(m): 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2016
Lennycool:

So God is not all powerful again, he now has a limit. Lol. grin and you theist don't believe in evolution. See how this guy just evolved on what has been part of Christian lore for hundreds of years. You have been presented with so much fact, that you have now accepted an imperfect God, in other to defend him.
I just said what I believe. I also believe in some parts of the evolution theory you mentioned; I believe there is yet an unexplained relationship between evolution and creation and also I believe creation came before evolution.
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by bxcode(m): 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
Lennycool:
The OP obviously doesn't know the meaning of being omniscient. So I will try to explain, omniscient is all knowing, nothing is unknown. Let me give you an example, imagine a teacher is omniscient meaning he knows all, and this teacher then decides to give a test to his students, now being omniscient he already knows who will fail and who will pass. He knows the result of the test already so why give it, people will then say the teacher was trying to give the students a chance, but there was never any chance of anyone that was supposed to fail to suddenly pass, if this happened the teacher would not know all and hence would not be omniscient. Now apply this to an all knowing God, by creating everyone he already knows who will go to hell and who will not, there is no chance of these people changing. So why create them, also why flood the earth in the story of Noah in anger when he knew what would happen when he created them. This contradicts so much about God.
You are simply looking at God in this analogy from the point of omniscient. From your analogy, the students are you and I, now how will you determine if you fall or pass without writing the test? remember the teacher is the omniscient being here and not the students. The only thing you as a student need to do is to answer the test dfo that you will pass. If you say because the teacher already knows who will pass and fail which you are right to say so, what does that make you??
Trying to understand God entirely will leave you more confused. You simply have a choice, believe in him by faith or don't. Stop cracking your brain trying to figure God out or why he did this and that. He is God and you are not, simple.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by hopefulLandlord: 6:22pm On Sep 25, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Nice analogy. But let's modify it a bit to make it similar to what we've been talking about.

"If I wasn't born yet, and my parents saw in a 100% accurate time machine that if they have sex and give birth to me, I will bring about Hitler-level destruction of the earth, then are my parents not evil for still choosing to f*ck and bring about the destruction of the world??"

The same could be said about your god and creation.

Its not fair to condemn a person if you are not the cause of that person's existence.

Its not free will, because what will happen, will still happen. If there is free will, omniscience isn't possible, because omniscience includes knowing the end result already. Its just like putting someone in a cage that has only one exit, and then telling him he has the choice to exit from wherever he likes.

cc hopefullandlord hahn lennycool seun

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by gaelllic: 6:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
NovusHomo:

If you knew the answer to your own question, what is the point in asking?

I have a few questions of my own:
Who/What is "GOD"?
What/Where is "HEAVEN"?
What/Where is "HELL"?
Has ANYONE been to these places?

Has ANYONE come back from these places to tell about their experience?

You do know there is no empirical evidence that:

The world is a globe.
That gravity exists.
That much of quantum physics is even real.
And let's not even talk about evolution.

But you believe this anyway.

We all have faith in things we've not seen. The difference is that some have faith in man, others have Faith in God.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by ice4u999(m): 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2016
One of the greatest asset God gave man is the power of will. Without that power of WILL man is nothing but like a prisoner. This WILL allows us to decide which part of life to choose. The devil knows this and that is why man's WILL is always under attack. We all know the difference between good and bad but the greatest thing about God is that his mercies endures forever meaning that everyone have that opportunity to always ask for forgiveness

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by reallest(f): 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2016
Rozaystunna:
I like you smiley
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by gaelllic: 6:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
fyneboi79:
I also ask them in laymans english;How many earthly fathers look up to judging theirs childrens sins and casting away some of their children into eternal damnation one day? It doesn't make any sense,Instead,He should keep loving all his children the same. So what kind of father is the Christian God? Partial to sufferings of his people or powerless against the forces of evil?

Leave this silly talk.

The punishment for a crime depends as much upon the person against whom it is committed as upon the crime itself.

Hitting your friend is one thing.
Hitting your father quite another.
Merely attempting to hit the president will likely cost you your life.

As the status of the person increases so does the punishment.

God is of infinite status, if we may use that language. The maths is pretty straightforward from there.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by vidalka(f): 6:51pm On Sep 25, 2016
Abeg my own be say who be God papa? I care to know his source. Any clue?
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by gaelllic: 6:52pm On Sep 25, 2016
Zenlife:

Thank you for a good brief analysis.
To take it a lil' further up a notch...
Why be upset with Biblical Adam & Eve, knowing they'll rebell? and when they did, cast them out in anger? As though disappointed?
Been omniscient, Adam & Eve didn't fail, they met His expectations. They played to expectations.
Thus, expectedly, the omniscient should have been glad and give them a pat on the back and go chest beating that right on, it's all working according to plan.

Now, this in no way suggest that there's no God, still though, through time, no one has seen Him. And inspite of His creations yearnings, atheism, questions, He just can't be bothered, Not even to oblige us for once; too busy through the eons of time I guess.

It is the greatest phenomenon, that those that have come and gone and here, have maimed, killed, murdered, wars fought, etc, on an unproven assumption. Beats the heck outta me.

However, let's be indulgent and play ball.
God as presented by religions, practices, faiths, 9/11 terrorist bombing catastrophe of the twin towers, innocent babies, adults present, babies just dropped off school and never to see their parents again, etc, if He is omniscient, must be different from the biblical God.

Do you know how many people have died as a result of United States imperialism? From Vietnam, to Guatemala, to Guam, to Nicaragua, to Iraq, to Panama, to Pakistan, to Afghanistan, to Syria etc.?

Yet I am sure you are able to distinguish the general vision of the 'American Way' from the crimes of its military-industrial complex.

Do you know how many millions have perished at the hands of Socialist regimes worldwide? In just a century or so? From Russia, to the Ukraine, to Romania, to Cambodia, to North Korea, to China, to Uganda etc.?

But I'm sure you distinguish the 'well-meaning' celebrity socialists (UK Labour, 'comrade' this and that) from the murderous Eastern regimes.

Yet every Christian must wear guilt for every crime ever committed in religion's name.

You are a liar in your heart.
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
reallest:

Am too big to worship anything,only fool worship something
fatal error from u. Better scratch that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

100 Keys On How To Remain Poor By Dr. DK Olukoya – Written Sermon / TB Joshua Donates To 258 Libya Deportees, Gives Them N7million And Bags Of Rice / Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.