Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,205 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? (34103 Views)

Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by bobkezel(m): 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
Simple answer... He is a clueless and useless god. Hellfire my nyash.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by ihatebuhari(f): 3:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
reallest:

I will say it billions of time
I pity u, at the end u gonna regret

Once again I pity for your soul
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by xtervaganza(m): 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
malvisguy212:
Op, atheists are terrified whenever a christian mention hell, they will flock this thread and insult you, in fact, they will insult me also.
oh I'm scared. So much I'm pissing my pants.

Dude just get a brain. If truly your God is real and true to his words you'll be heading straight to that hell all because of your comment.

Well, good news grin there's no hell

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by juniweezy(m): 3:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
reallest:

Am too big to worship anything,only fool worship something
only fools say there is no God!

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
malvisguy212:
Op, atheists are terrified whenever a christian mention hell, they will flock this thread and insult you, in fact, they will insult me also.
Have u ever ask urself,how d bible came abt?n who drafted it? Well am kicking u out there to do some research abt the Bible n u will discover that almost every thing in it was rewritten for the selfish gains of the Catholic church then. That hell that was included in the Bible, only serves as a means to scare their followers, in other to hold them in perpetual bondage. Did u know the Catholic church is richer than America? But what have they done for humanity? Don't get it twisted, am a Christian, that have seen d light grin
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Posh(m): 3:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
reallest:

Am too big to worship anything,only fool worship something
Whoever u are or whatever u think dt u hv comes from God who created all things, including u nd me. I advise u to humble yourself b4 him and seek Jesus while he may be found...cos God resists the proud, bt gives grace to the humble. Bless you.
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Ranchhoddas: 3:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
AminuRano87:
explain yourself please. I don't understand your point
I mean that people should be given equal opportunity to repent if they are going to get the same punishment or reward at the end. This is obviously not the case.
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by myboy2010(m): 3:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
AnonyNymous:

You're still not.getting where I'm coming from. Why are you selecting if you already know who will end up in heaven and who will not? If the outcome is already 100% certain, and you know it, then there's really no selection because no matter what happens, no matter what they do, the outcome is still going to happen. So you could say that some people who are in church thinking they're devoting their lives to god are wasting their time, because at the end of the day, that outcome that is predestined is still going to happen.
are you predestined to damnation
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by juniweezy(m): 3:28pm On Sep 25, 2016
Lennycool:
The OP obviously doesn't know the meaning of being omniscient. So I will try to explain, omniscient is all knowing, nothing is unknown. Let me give you an example, imagine a teacher is omniscient meaning he knows all, and this teacher then decides to give a test to his students, now being omniscient he already knows who will fail and who will pass. He knows the result of the test already so why give it, people will then say the teacher was trying to give the students a chance, but there was never any chance of anyone that was supposed to fail to suddenly pass, if this happened the teacher would not know all and hence would not be omniscient. Now apply this to an all knowing God, by creating everyone he already knows who will go to hell and who will not, there is no chance of these people changing. So why create them, also why flood the earth in the story of Noah in anger when he knew what would happen when he created them. This contradicts so much about God.
God makes things good, its us humans that always spoil his plans cuz he gave us free will.
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Posh(m): 3:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
bobkezel:
The fool says in his heart, there is no God. They re corrupt, they hv done abominable works, there z none that doeth good. Ps 14:1.
I pray God ll open d eyes of ur mind which has been overtaken by atheism. God z so merciful nd ll bring u to repentance cos he created all of us for his purpose. He z nt clueless, bt d omniscient God who knws u nd wanna hv mercy on u.. Bless u.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Spiff20(m): 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
OgundeleT:

just like fool that fail to accept that there is no any other god except Allah and that Mohammed is his only prophet. the truth is that anybody that practise any religion apart from Islam is hell bound.
Lol..this is funny. A violent religion, the foundation and spirit head in which terrorism is built up on is now the only way to heaven. Once again Lol... Tanx for the healthy comic relief.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by xtervaganza(m): 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
malvisguy212:
People choose to go to hell rather than submit their lives to God. You have absolute free will within the confines of your personal ability. You can prove this to yourself. Determine two possible courses of action. They don't have to be big decisions, just any two possible actions. Assign each action to either "heads" or "tails." Flip the coin and do what whatever course chance decided. You can do this as many times as needed to determine that you do, indeed, have free will. Occasionally, do the opposite of what the coins tell you. Has God prevented you from doing anything? No!

You are the product of choices made by your parents. Therefore, God has not predestined you to be born at all. How can you blame Him for creating you to send you to hell ?

This is not to say that God is not involved at all
in the creation of life. The Bible says that once a new human life is made God creates a spirit
within the fetus and knows us at that point,
even calling some to serve Him from the
womb.

Galatians 1:15
But when He who had set me apart, even
from my mother's womb, and called me
through His grace, was pleased
sorry, but does this even make any sense to you?

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by laffwitmi: 3:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
It's weird that u Christians cant defend your religion with your Holy bible...

Posh:

The fool says in his heart, there is no God. They re corrupt, they hv done abominable works, there z none that doeth good. Ps 14:1.
I pray God ll open d eyes of ur mind which has been overtaken by atheism. God z so merciful nd ll bring u to repentance cos he created all of us for his purpose. He z nt clueless, bt d omniscient God who knws u nd wanna hv mercy on u.. Bless u.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Zenlife: 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2016
Lennycool:
The OP obviously doesn't know the meaning of being omniscient. So I will try to explain, omniscient is all knowing, nothing is unknown. Let me give you an example, imagine a teacher is omniscient meaning he knows all, and this teacher then decides to give a test to his students, now being omniscient he already knows who will fail and who will pass. He knows the result of the test already so why give it, people will then say the teacher was trying to give the students a chance, but there was never any chance of anyone that was supposed to fail to suddenly pass, if this happened the teacher would not know all and hence would not be omniscient. Now apply this to an all knowing God, by creating everyone he already knows who will go to hell and who will not, there is no chance of these people changing. So why create them, also why flood the earth in the story of Noah in anger when he knew what would happen when he created them. This contradicts so much about God.

Thank you for a good brief analysis.
To take it a lil' further up a notch...
Why be upset with Biblical Adam & Eve, knowing they'll rebell? and when they did, cast them out in anger? As though disappointed?
Been omniscient, Adam & Eve didn't fail, they met His expectations. They played to expectations.
Thus, expectedly, the omniscient should have been glad and give them a pat on the back and go chest beating that right on, it's all working according to plan.

Now, this in no way suggest that there's no God, still though, through time, no one has seen Him. And inspite of His creations yearnings, atheism, questions, He just can't be bothered, Not even to oblige us for once; too busy through the eons of time I guess.

It is the greatest phenomenon, that those that have come and gone and here, have maimed, killed, murdered, wars fought, etc, on an unproven assumption. Beats the heck outta me.

However, let's be indulgent and play ball.
God as presented by religions, practices, faiths, 9/11 terrorist bombing catastrophe of the twin towers, innocent babies, adults present, babies just dropped off school and never to see their parents again, etc, if He is omniscient, must be different from the biblical God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by itimmy: 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by NobleG1(m): 3:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
Jesuobu:
Well, I ask this question but I will give you response which I think the answer is and maybe you will respond with whatever you think the answer is.

Please understand that God does not cause anybody to go hell but rather some people choose to go there on their own. One of the major causes of people going to hell is the rejection of the Creator himself and the son Jesus Christ. God has made it abundantly clear through apostle Paul that His wrath will be upon people who reject Him and the son Jesus Christ when it was written in Romans 1:18-20, which says, For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For invincible attribute, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world in the things that have been made. So there are without excuse”

So people choose to go to hell because they reject Christ, not because God causes them to go there. God allows people to be born to give them the opportunity to believe, but is man’s responsibility to make choice. In some other cases, some people have genuinely pledged their soul to Satan for money, fame or power and only God’s divine intervention can save them but if they die in that state, they will surely go to hell.

Nairalanders do you think otherwise? If yes, please give your reasons.

Religion is crap! It's a tool used in manipulating people who lack logic & critical thinking!
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by myboy2010(m): 3:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
donnffd:

Yes bro, i do have lot of questions

If God wanted to use us for something, why did he give us freewill in the first place?

If God wants to discard the unuseful bunch, why doesnt he destroy them, why must he torture them for all of eternity?

If he wants us to serve him, why did he keep himself in hiding for 13.8billion years?

Why is God so egocentric that he needs you praise and worship to reward you and if you dont give him that, he punishes you, isnt that petty?, he is the creator of the universe as you would claim, i feel the creator of the universe should have better things to do than to keep a tab of those who dont worship him!

point of correction, the world was created some 6000 years ago nt 13.8 billion as atheist like you do say
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by reallest(f): 3:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
Posh:

Whoever u are or whatever u think dt u hv comes from God who created all things, including u nd me. I advise u to humble yourself b4 him and seek Jesus while he may be found...cos God resists the proud, bt gives grace to the humble. Bless you.
I will also advise you to denounce Christianity and embrace Ifa because orunmila love u
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by laffwitmi: 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2016
I'm a juju man,Christianity is a scam - Nnamdi Kanu.
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by reallest(f): 3:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
juniweezy:
only fools say there is no God!
Only fool call people fool bcoz they don't follow his illusion
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by reallest(f): 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
ihatebuhari:
I pity u, at the end u gonna regret

Once again I pity for your soul
Coming from confusionist
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by juniweezy(m): 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
reallest:

Only fool call people fool bcoz they don't follow his illusion
the lord will have mercy upon whom he will have mercy. Oh I wish, u would be on that list!

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by myboy2010(m): 3:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
castiello:

God did not create ppl to go to hell, but people choose to go remember Gods plan for man is perfection that was why he gave us free will to function like him, but we can never be like God that was why our freedom was taking advantage of by lucifer the falling angel he used us to get back at God and the worse of all he used man to breed his creation which eve was the carrier of the Devils gene if you wanna know more pm me for the full enlighten story of the beginning and the end learn how humanity will end and beat the devil
man chose freewill by eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 25, 2016
Julian08:
Did your god not create everything including he'll?
Did he not create the criteria by which souls will be judged?

Is there anything that goes on without his knowledge or that he doesn't have the power to influence?

So if people go to hell isn't he responsible for that? Because he had the power to stop that but didn't or perhaps, he just wanted them to go there after all.
because he enjoys torturing his creations, it turns him on grin
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Spiff20(m): 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2016
bobkezel:
shut up! You clueless and useless negro
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by reallest(f): 3:54pm On Sep 25, 2016
juniweezy:
the lord will have mercy upon whom he will have mercy. Oh I wish, u would be on that list!
Mercy?dont tell me ur sadist God know what Mercy mean
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Princedapace(m): 3:56pm On Sep 25, 2016
AnonyNymous:

You're still not.getting where I'm coming from. Why are you selecting if you already know who will end up in heaven and who will not? If the outcome is already 100% certain, and you know it, then there's really no selection because no matter what happens, no matter what they do, the outcome is still going to happen. So you could say that some people who are in church thinking they're devoting their lives to god are wasting their time, because at the end of the day, that outcome that is predestined is still going to happen.

My brother what U av said is the truth. Logically is the truth. i dont know how same God who knows me even when im in my mother's womb will regret after i commit sin, he alreay knew my end from the day my father ejerculated to form me. So, no need regreting or better still, he could av refused creating me since he knew me from my mother's womb. He knew I will be typing this today so, if i decide not to type it, it means he didnt know....

Even we christains know this....especially the intelligent ones but we are scared of amitting it. My brother, I want to go to heaven , i dont know how i av been programmed so, i will continue struggle to see if I can make heaven. The truth of the matter is that we as Humans dont unerstand the whole scene. We are limited to what were allowed to know, we cant know more than that. Is quite unfortunate for human race...i do empathize with us...

4 Likes

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by charlsecy(m): 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2016
Jesuobu:
So people choose to go to hell because they reject Christ, not because God causes them to go there. God allows people to be born to give them the opportunity to believe, but is man’s responsibility to make choice.
Did GOD know people would reject Him before creating them?
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2016
Jesuobu:
Omniscience is defined as he state of having total knowledge, the quality of knowing everything. For God to be sovereign over His creation of all things, whether visible or invisible, He has to be all-knowing but this does not mean God has already known those destined for hell. He gave everyone a level plain ground for anyone who believes in Jesus will inherit the kingdom of God.

The Noah incident was because so much evil was found in men and on the earth and God was deeply sorry that He had created man and decided to flood the whole earth to cleanse it and promised never to do it again.
so you are saying God made a mistake? shocked cheesy grin....I've never heard of the omnipotent, perfect almighty God made a mistake before grin....in conclusion, God is not perfect, just like us tongue.....so we are God and God is us.....we created God in our own image imagination grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Zenlife: 4:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
juniweezy:
God makes things good, its us humans that always spoil his plans cuz he gave us free will.

Folks it's all truly simple and do grasp this once and for all.

'Free will'?

He is the creator, the absolute, the omniscient, the this and that, I am that I am... lovely.

Now, will such an incomparable, be ignorant of those that will misuse' or make 'adverse' choice with the free will even before their creation?
And it's like, hmmm, 'I expect of you (not I know) as you go into the world, to use your free-will ideally to my satisfaction and don't fail me, okay? However since there's a chance that some of you will disappoint me, let me set up an eternal punishment zone, your likes will call hell fire'.
If this is so and all knowing, why create those that will disappoint in the first place and be upset when they oblige as programmed to by Him, and cast them to 'eternal furnace'. All knowing? Omniscient?
Child please!
No need for hell then!

Well, if as all knowing, these creatures use free will as He expects, then it may follow that there will be no sin. And thus, it will also have saved Jesus 'son of God' the trip to earth and the rest of the tales.
And thus if it's a sinless world, it will be euphoric, similar to 'heaven', or a lil heaven if you will.

Personally, I think it would have been better.
Unless of course in the words of the English author, William Shakespeare:
"As flies to wonton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport".

If so, what the heck!

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Talasuma(m): 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
reallest:

I will say it billions of time

Like seriously, u too big to worship ur Creator?
Re: Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
reallest:

I don't know if there is any creator or not but am sure what Bible call creator is not a creator
Definitely! A creator only creates, not destroy. The bible portray God as destroyer angry....which is not. Only humans destroy not God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members / Escaped Ghana Robber: TB Joshua Intervenes (photos) / 100 Keys On How To Remain Poor By Dr. DK Olukoya – Written Sermon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.