Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,744 members, 7,955,839 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:43 PM

Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? (7819 Views)

Poll: Are You Looking Forward To That Big Day?

Yes: 83% (59 votes)
No: 16% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Handsomeness Is No Longer A Passport To Getting Girls / Who Does Well Around Girl? (secret Formular to getting girls 18+) / Ladies, Are You Attracted To Muscular Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by iykedare(m): 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2009
[size=16pt]
bluespice:

i'm not thinking of that now

PLS THINK ABT IT NOW COS THE SINGLES` MARKET IS ALREADY OVERCROWDED.I BEG U IN D NAME OF THE LORD.
[/size]
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2009
^^^^^
Comments like this is why divorce rates are on the increase these days. undecided
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 26, 2009
iykedare:

[size=16pt]
PLS THINK ABT IT NOW COS THE SINGLES` MARKET IS ALREADY OVERCROWDED.I BEG U IN D NAME OF THE LORD.
[/size]

This should be the silliest comment I've heard on this forum today! undecided
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by mrperfect(m): 4:39pm On Oct 26, 2009
Interesting question.
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 26, 2009
marriage SUCKS undecided
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Pharoh: 5:09pm On Oct 26, 2009
Rosabelle:

@Pharoh
Dude, theres no question on the leadership role. Problem is, a lot of terms have to be redefined with wisdom. A leader is to lead and not to dictate. Think about that.
If society knew what was best, explain to me why society hasnt solved nigeria's problems. Or does it only apply to man/woman issues?
Society knows best, and thats why women are so unhappy?
My friend, society is made up of people and if youre telling me I should allow people who dont know me or my wants and needs to define them, then Im telling you youre wrong.

You people seem to have a warped mindset of the so called 'our mothers' who are happy to get married bla bla bla.
You people never hear women discuss their husbands and so that facade a mother puts up of being happy is for her children. Because she knows her happiness is theirs and so she cant appear discontent.
So dont think those women were happy. Many of them put up acts out of love for their children. But if asked, you'l be shocked at what those women have to say about their men
And thats the difference. Today, a girl no longer wants to have to swallow everything and make the man feel like he can make her unhappy and still be called a man. It is also his duty to see to her well being. And with that, I dont mean paying bride price or buying bread.
If your argument is only the monetary aspect, then I'l tell you, I can fend for myself and four others. What else are you bringing to the table??
You people tend to think as long as youre spending money, you can demand all you want and have a right to get it. WRONG!

I have questions for you dear.

What are you ladies bringing to the table? Hope you don't tell me things i can do without you?
What percentage of our mothers are not happy with their marriage?

I am not even arguing about the money dear but if you must ask for your rights (when you already have one) come to the negotiating table and lets sort it all once and for all. We will not put culture or society in this discussion as they will only be an obstacle then you will realize where you ladies are making the mistake.

You said a lot of things has to be redefined with wisdom but who is doing it right now? You ladies are changing the terms without the input of the men and you are obviously doing it to suit yourself. I am in a change and i am not prepared to treat my wife the way you ladies are looking at it but this change must come from both angles and not solely from the female angle.

We are not using and will never use money to shut you up in any argument this is the 21st century for Christ sake and you people beat this education issue like our mothers were not educated?

Ebonyeyes:

It is better to be single than to be with a controlling goon who you have to take permission from to breathe undecided.

So because we asked you to play your female role in a marriage you now term it to a slavery-master situation.  grin So if you want to serve me my food now you won't kneel down when dropping it on the table and stay in that position until i ask you to stand up tongue
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by cvibe: 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2009
Someone once said that Naija married women are the luckiest in the world. Free food, no house rent, free shopping money, free car, free clothes, etc. etc. to mention but a few, cos they contribute nothing.
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by redsky1: 7:14pm On Oct 26, 2009
cvibe:

Someone once said that Naija married women are the luckiest in the world. Free food, no house rent, free shopping money, free car, free clothes, etc. etc. to mention but a few, cos they contribute nothing.

really, my house is in my name, i bought my own car b4 marriage and can easily buy one now, i can feed myself, i buy my own clothes etc so what exactly are u talking about.

nonsense and ingredients! if the women u know are not bringng anything to the table that one is ur own problem
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 26, 2009
This is the 21st Centuary and a lot of things have changed from the way it used to be in the past, from technology to dam everything including the human thinking, male or female, married and unmarried. Fine. This change affects the way we do things even in the marriage arena. But I want believe that all these changes however drastic and dramatic have not changed our identity even though our values may have been greatly eroded in the process.

I believe in treating the women folk right and giving them that equal chance with men and I dont think any sane man will set out to mistreat a wife, never! God has made it so from the beginning ( for those of u who still believe that there is God or 21st century have erased that belief too?). Marriage between a man and a woman is supposed to be the 'left hand washes the right hand and vice versa' and yet the headship of a family totally belongs to the man, sealed, signed and delivered by God Himself. This however did not give the man the right to treat the wife with disdain or what have u.

The problem here today in our society is that some ladies under the clutch of 'educated woman' want to muzzle up this headship role from the man as if our mothers who have lived happily with their husbands for over 50yrs were not educated.  I dont think civilization have erode our identy as 'Africans' otherwise I will say that we have our own peculiar way of life different from that of 'Oyibo'. This our identity makes the woman know her role in the family without being told or reminded about it or without trying to poke into the man's role. Same also goes to the man. That is why some school of thought will say 'this lady got a home  training from the mother' cos mom pass this role to their daughters. These days, that home training is lacking seriously. A young woman in marriage will think she has arrived only when she is able to square up arguement or confrontation with the husband. These attitudes are not African they are all borrowed from 'switzerland' apologies to Rosabelle. Family or even extended family' is important feature to every african society unlike the 'oyibo' who places less emphasis on large family  unit and connection. Hearing that one will get  married and decide not to have children or live as as a single mom is not african. If we have lost our values and identy then it is high time we deviced a way to change our skin color so we will completely act, breathe and appear like the oyibos and not fake ones any more. For some of our ladies here forming opinion that is capable of misleading others to think we can insult and degrade the marriage institution as no longer honorable is so unfair. No matter the culture u go to mingle with, there are many things that will readily remind u that u are a big time pretender running away from your values and identity. In the past it was always the western world that had many cases of divorce but today what do we see? Our own african society is on the lead and divorce gettting more prounced each day in marriages involving young couples. All these could be traced to the so called 'I go school mentality of the african girl" 'I m educated  woman' ' I am an idependent woman - I can pay my bills and that of four others'

Well everyone of us have our free agency to choose how best we can be happy but it wont be fair if anyone will visit the life of another person with his/her unhappiness perpertrating or forming an opinion that seem to suggest and mislead other ladies into following path that leads to unhappiness! So ladies suit yourselves!
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Rosabelle(f): 7:28pm On Oct 26, 2009
cvibe:

The person who said that should be jailed for lying and you should be questioned for further diseminating false information. But I'l come back to that later.

@Pharoh . . . . What we bring to the table. I can speak for myself. Nothing less than I'd expect . . . . . and thats A LOT
This conversation is going round in circles. No one is changing terms without you people's input. You men cant be reasoned with, so we're running ahead and asking you to catch up.
The status quo has changed brother. So instead of being scared, catch up!
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Rosabelle(f): 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2009
@marcfarland . . .
What you call african and what I call african are two different things.
1. What if a woman had fibroid (as african women are prone to due to our diets), . .in extreme cases, a womans womb might have to be removed, or it is infected and she becomes baren. If this woman gets married and cant have children (as is the case sometimes), are you telling me she's not an african?? Giving birth or not should be a persons personal opinion based on their experiences. And this is where you and I will not agree, cos you feel a woman shouldnt even think such simply because she's an african.

I never said I didnt want to have children if I eventually got married, so theres no switzerland to it.
And a girl choosing whether or not she wants to have children has NOTHING to do with our values. You men have a way of mudling everythign up and calling it tradition.
What if a woman feels she is emotionally unable to carry a pregnancy through?
And these are the things that have been swept under the carpet that women of today no longer want to keep quiet to.
We are also human beings, and just as a man decides : oh, we should have only 4 children so we can educate them well, so also should the woman beable to decide, oh, when we get married, I think I'd like to wait two years before we start having children.
Women should be allowed to have a CHOICE.
Im tired of the excuse of : we are african being used to blackmail women into not realising themselves

For those girls who think they have arrived and as a result can talk to their husbands anyhow, I dont subscribe to it. And in non of my comments have I said an educated womans role is to be disrespectful to her husband. Being educated doesnt mean loosing manners as a person.
My argument is, that this respect a woman gives her husband should not be taken for granted , simply because we are africans. There should be a balance. He should respect her as his partner, not his maid!
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Rosabelle(f): 8:19pm On Oct 26, 2009
In fact, I cant believe your arguments Mr. Marfarland.
Do you think our forefathers drove cars? Or did they spend their saturdays in front of the TV watching formular 1 or football?  angry
When it suits you people, you come and be preaching what it means to be 'an african woman'. When it suits you, you use your african man status to shut us up.
Do you think watching formular 1 or football is african? This is oyinbo rubbish and it only makes our children bad. Blah blah blah.
Our forefathers played in the moonlight and went to farm with thier hoes and axes, and we MUST do the same otherwise we would have lost our values as africans.
I cant even believe you.
Is it not education that made you have money to buy your TV set at home. Is it not the same you people who will save to buy flat screen TV's.
We are africans, and africans are from the bush. As a result, we dont move with the times we're in. Se you hear.
Since we want to stick with our values, we should wear wraper to the farm and buy no Italian Armani suits to work in a building, sen gbo?
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Hauwa1: 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2009
Yes  but i will wait for my dream guy,  a rich prince in military uniform  cheesy.
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by miqos02(m): 8:50pm On Oct 26, 2009
i love this thread. its interesting.
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by olatwo(m): 9:00pm On Oct 26, 2009
:-x
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 26, 2009
@ROSABALLE
I love your attitude of not giving up, lol I can really figure out that africaness running so powerfully in your veins. I really like watching you. I told you the simple and hard truth and I am happy u recognised that. I was very surprised with your first reaction to my comment quite unlike you trying to sound agreeable yet holding your gormel. But on a second thought u still want to flag your color, lol I know you are an african daughter that got brains and I respect you for that.

You want to say something about what our forefathers did that we shouldnt do today in marriage? I agree with you and that why I started by telling about the '21st century' in the first paragraph. I went on to used two words categorically. That is 'IDENTITY' and 'VALUE' Try and make a seperation of the two visa-a-viv what 21 century Formular 1 GrandPuri or Snow Board Skiting can do or cannot do to an African family. When your done, you will see that your guess is as good as mine!
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by olatwo(m): 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2009
FACT:- NO MATTER HOW RICH,INDEPENDENT,BIG,FLAMBOUYANT, U NAME IT A WOMAN IS SHE CANT CONTROL A MAN IN MARRIAGE @LEAST AGAINST
HIS WISH OR WILL EXCEPT OFCOZ THOSE OF COZ THAT ARE NOT REAL MEN. lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by SeanT21(f): 9:14pm On Oct 26, 2009
YES ooo. It will be quite an experience.
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 26, 2009
Pharoh:

I have questions for you dear.

What are you ladies bringing to the table? Hope you don't tell me things i can do without you?
What percentage of our mothers are not happy with their marriage?

I am not even arguing about the money dear but if you must ask for your rights (when you already have one) come to the negotiating table and lets sort it all once and for all. We will not put culture or society in this discussion as they will only be an obstacle then you will realize where you ladies are making the mistake.

You said a lot of things has to be redefined with wisdom but who is doing it right now? You ladies are changing the terms without the input of the men and you are obviously doing it to suit yourself. I am in a change and i am not prepared to treat my wife the way you ladies are looking at it but this change must come from both angles and not solely from the female angle.

We are not using and will never use money to shut you up in any argument this is the 21st century for Christ sake and you people beat this education issue like our mothers were not educated?

So because we asked you to play your female role in a marriage you now term it to a slavery-master situation.  grin  So if you want to serve me my food now you won't kneel down when dropping it on the table and stay in that position until i ask you to stand up  tongue

I keep wondering what exactly men bring to marriage apart from sperm. Anything else i can provide for myself sufficiently without the drama and insolence. If it weren't for illegitimacy and boredom/companionship most women wouldn't waste their time with marriage. Men couldn't care less about having bastard kids spread around and having a living hole to 'dip it in' at their convenience is an added advantage.
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by redsky1: 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2009
ezinne1212:

I keep wondering what exactly men bring to marriage apart from sperm. Anything else i can provide for myself sufficiently without the drama and insolence. If it weren't for illegitimacy and boredom/companionship most women wouldn't waste their time with marriage. Men couldn't care less about having bastard kids spread around and having a living hole to 'dip it in' at their convenience is an added advantage.

WOW
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Pharoh: 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2009
Rosabelle:

The person who said that should be jailed for  lying and you should be questioned for further diseminating false information. But I'l come back to that later.

@Pharoh . . . . What we bring to the table. I can speak for myself. Nothing less than I'd expect . . . . . and thats A LOT
This conversation is going round in circles. No one is changing terms without you people's input. You men cant be reasoned with, so we're running ahead and asking you to catch up.
The status quo has changed brother. So instead of being scared, catch up!

It will be nice if you were specific with what you are bringing to the table because it is going to help a lot in resolving this issue. When you give it an effort to list those things then you will realize that it is not an issue of what is brought to the table. One problem you ladies have is that you look at the man from two angles, he helps in making the babies and paying the bills. Now to demand respect from him the option you have taken is to be financially independent and God help you ladies in that aspect of child bearing maybe you all will be single mothers since you don't need the man for anything again.

You ladies has never given us the opportunity to make an input and now you are expecting us to catch up? We are not running lady, we are where we are you will come back and meet us where we are standing. If you want a change please carry the men along two heads are better than one.  Statusquo has changed and i know what you mean, You are financially independent now right whats the deal? Sure we have been moving around in a circle so answer my question lets move forward. When we move forward you will realize it is not about what you are bringing to the marriage

oln:

ROSSABELLE,may u live very long.you'v said it all.i get so pissed off whn men expect women to see dem as ''demi-gods"'.anyway,as for me im married and my hubby is so undrstandin and is of d believe dat women shld be treated fairly and nt d othr way round.pharoah and d othrs refered to men fendin for the family.have they forgetn dat most women even earn more than their husbands.INFACT,THEY R D BREADWINNERS.RUBBBBBBBBBISHH

What do i need the money of my wife for if i am comfortable enough to provide for the home myself?

@Rosa you said it is all about respect right so can you tell me in what ways we have been treating women as maids or slaves?

I would want you to take this advice from me, don't argue about this topic to win with but to learn one or two things from it. The battle cannot be won by any party even if defeats stares them at the face they will never accept defeat. So we are all just educating ourselves.  smiley
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Pharoh: 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2009
ezinne1212:

We know all that dear but can you answer my question what do you ladies bring as well to the table please i don't even mind if you write a 500 page essay about it bring it on. I already knew where you problem lies, you look the man as the provider of your needs and sperm provider. Well now you can provide for you needs and i pray those scientist act quickly so you can buy sperms from the clinic and have babies for yourself then i hope all your problem will be solved? Hell no because you have highlighted some silent truth in your post so i wonder where you ladies are taking this to.

ola_two:

FACT:-  NO MATTER HOW RICH,INDEPENDENT,BIG,FLAMBOUYANT, U NAME IT A WOMAN IS SHE CANT CONTROL A MAN IN MARRIAGE @LEAST AGAINST
HIS WISH OR WILL EXCEPT OFCOZ THOSE OF COZ THAT ARE NOT REAL MEN. lipsrsealed

We are not traveling we are here because this ladies are missing the point we are slowly getting to the main issue. They think by achieving all that the men are already defeated little did they know that they have been missing the main point.

macfarland:

@ROSABALLE
I love your attitude of not giving up, lol I can really figure out that africaness running so powerfully in your veins. I really like watching you. I told you the simple and hard truth and I am happy u recognised that. I was very surprised with your first reaction to my comment quite unlike you trying to sound agreeable yet holding your gormel. But on a second thought u still want to flag your color, lol I know you are an african daughter that got brains and I respect you for that.

You want to say something about what our forefathers did that we shouldnt do today in marriage? I agree with you and that why I started by telling about the '21st century' in the first paragraph. I went on to used two words categorically. That is 'IDENTITY' and 'VALUE' Try and make a seperation of the two visa-a-viv what 21 century Formular 1 GrandPuri or Snow Board Skiting can do or cannot do to an African family. When your done, you will see that your guess is as good as mine!

Thank you brother you are hitting the nail on the head despite all what you wrote in the first post they still want to stick to their position we are waiting for her the issue is finally coming home  smiley
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Rosabelle(f): 9:31pm On Oct 26, 2009
ezinne1212:

Heywoh. In fact, this thread has just been adjusted another notch. lol.
Before, I was pouring kerosine everywhere, but with this conment, you just set the house on fire proper lol. People wont sleep this night oh. All them Mr Pharoh and co will go and bring re-enforcement. NL will be upon us shortly  cheesy

@Pharoh sorry oh, but as I said, we're runnig round in circles. Ive made my point and you cant get me to think otherwise. I dont have to prove anything to you.
I maintain. A young girl should not be crucified because she chooses not to get married, or chooses to have children two years after getting married and not immediately. A woman should be allowed to breath and have the choice of making decisions that make her happy, even whilst being a wife and mother who most times has to put everyone before herself. And men should mind their business when they hear a woman say: Im not getting married until Ive seen Australia and Equador. It is the girls business and she shoudnt be bullied into thinking menopause is the reason why she should go marry anything that runs accross her path and calls itself a man.
Fullstop!
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Rosabelle(f): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2009
@Pharoh . . . . and again about what we're bringing to the table, Im flipping the script, cos its what I asked you in the first place when you people didnt have anymore arguments and you started tot alk about paying bride price etc. I said you people always bring in the money aspect to make girls shut up and that aside from that, you'd have nothign to offer.

The man I eventually choose (if at all) will know what I have to offer. I dont owe you any explanations. So you and your friends can be waiting for a list or a 500page dosier, its not going to come from me.
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2009
Pharoh:

We know all that dear but can you answer my question what do you ladies bring as well to the table please i don't even mind if you write a 500 page essay about it bring it on.

lol!! no need for a 5 page essay, u missed my point, but i'll reiterate. All men offer women is 'fresh sperm' and all women offer men is a 'live hole'. We can all live happily ever after 'without each other', were it not for social prejudices like 'illegitimacy', or probably the "Cultural significance placed on marriage', and lastly boredom/ companionship . It's that simple, no debate needed. I'm not even going to go towards scientists, cos that eliminates one problem, and with Lesbianism becoming more 'accepted/ overlooked' that has eliminated another. As for culture, we all know how high high strung African men get about African women being influenced or over absorbing the so called 'western' ideologies, and 'feminism' ( but i stand corrected, just an opinion and i won't go there). I believe I've established the only significant 'item', i believe men bring to the table, and what i believe women bring in plain form, you can 'state' others.

Pharoh:

you have highlighted some silent truth in your post so i wonder where you ladies are taking this to.

Before you get carried away with your decoding, there is nothing 'silent' about the 'point' i'm making. I doubt i would be as bold as you to call it 'truth' let alone 'fact'. In essence, when it comes down to it 'no' party  brings anything significant, or 'earth shattering' to the table (to be fair, men can now give birth, lol!), and we all can live happily and sufficiently apart. However, it would be nice if people who actually 'understand' what the concept of marriage is about are left to enjoy it. Whilst those who bastardize it with unnecessary superiority, or simply cannot hack it, jump off a bridge  so that the institution can be a peaceful one for all who want to try.
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Pharoh: 10:07pm On Oct 26, 2009
Rosabelle:

@Pharoh  . . . . and again about what we're bringing to the table, Im flipping the script, cos its what I asked you in the first place when you people didnt have anymore arguments and you started tot alk about paying bride price etc. I said you people always bring in the money aspect to make girls shut up and that aside from that, you'd have nothign to offer.

The man I eventually choose (if at all) will know what I have to offer. I dont owe you any explanations. So you and your friends can be waiting for a list or a 500page dosier, its not going to come from me.

You are very intelligent lady so next time stop insinuating that we men use money to water you down in any arguments. I think since no one wants to provide an answer to that question then you can clearly see that there is nothing like what this party or that party brings to the table. This unresolved issue questions your so called financial independence because despite that we still require you to perform your roles in a marriage setting. It is about your identity and values like the other poster said.  Now lets move ahead since the money aspect is not working so let me ask you what is your role in the marriage institution?

Rosabelle:

Heywoh. In fact, this thread has just been adjusted another notch. lol.
Before, I was pouring kerosine everywhere, but with this conment, you just set the house on fire proper lol. People wont sleep this night oh. All them Mr Pharoh and co will go and bring re-enforcement. NL will be upon us shortly  cheesy

@Pharoh sorry oh, but as I said, we're runnig round in circles. Ive made my point and you cant get me to think otherwise. I dont have to prove anything to you.
I maintain. A young girl should not be crucified because she chooses not to get married, or chooses to have children two years after getting married and not immediately. A woman should be allowed to breath and have the choice of making decisions that make her happy, even whilst being a wife and mother who most times has to put everyone before herself. And men should mind their business when they hear a woman say: Im not getting married until Ive seen Australia and Equador. It is the girls business and she shoudnt be bullied into thinking menopause is the reason why she should go marry anything that runs accross her path and calls itself a man.
Fullstop!

I know you are a christian and obviously the Bible did not make marriage compulsory it is just the African society. So the problem with ladies and choices is from our society but if you ladies want go on and do whatever you like no problem. It is a free world now so we can all live the way we want but think if our mothers and fathers did what you were proposing many of us will not be here on nairaland. When you get married it is not your choice to choose when to have babies because you have to consider you partner. You both have to sort those issues and when there is a logjam the African society has already presented a solution which you know  grin

I know you don't owe any explanation likewise i don't owe you too so you ladies should strike what a man has to offer from this issue. It is never what this party has to offer or not but the roles each should play in the marriage setting simple.  Thank God for the 21st century both parties can substitute each other roles then what do we get? Lets go down to the african soceity and pick up those lofty values embedded in our culture and enjoy this blissful marriage with all the education and intelligence we have acquired simple ladies.

Let me assure you that you ladies can stand in Kilimanjaro and shout independent lady or whatsoever we African men will never trade you for any other woman on this earth so come back home jare cheesy

ezinne1212:

lol!! no need for a 5 page essay, u missed my point, but i'll say again. All men offer women is 'fresh sperm' and all women offer men is a 'live hole'. We can all live happily ever after 'without each other', were it not for social prejudices like 'illegitimacy', and probably[b] boredom/ companionship[/b] . It's that simple, no debate needed. I'm not even going to go towards scientists, cos that eliminates one problem, and with Lesbianism becoming more 'accepted/ overlooked' that has eliminated another.

Before you get carried away with your decoding, there is nothing 'silent' about the 'point' i'm making. I doubt i would be as bold as you to call it 'truth' let alone 'fact'. In essence, when it comes down to it 'no' party  brings anything significant, or 'earth shattering' to the table (to be fair, men can no carry babies, lol!), and we all can live happily and sufficiently apart. However, it would be nice if people who actually 'understand' what the concept of marriage is about can enjoy it. Whilst those who bastardize it with unnecessary superiority, or simply cannot hack it, jump off a bridge  so that the institution can be a peaceful one for all who want to try.

Now i am getting you and i really love how you have nailed it, i did not miss you point because i said you have mentioned the silent issues in your post which i will bold for you to see now. When i said silent i meant it is hidden in your post and most ladies will just take the others overlooking it. I was only trying to check if you had any independent lady tone in your post. Thank you very much for hitting the nail on the head and i hope my loving sister will see the truth here[b] @Mrs Rosabelle[/b]
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 26, 2009
[quote
Now i am getting you and i really love how you have nailed it, i did not miss you point because i said you have mentioned the silent issues in your post which i will bold for you to see now. When i said silent i meant it is hidden in your post and most ladies will just take the others overlooking it. I[b] was only trying to check if you had any independent lady tone in your post.[/b] Thank you very much for hitting the nail on the head and i hope my loving sister will see the truth here[b] @Mrs Rosabelle[/b]
[quote][/quote]

I'm glad you feel i'hit the nail on the head', the 5 page essay would have been a drain cool. I should point out that i don't think you understand the concept of 'Independent lady', because if you did, you will notice that my post does indeed reflect just that: No bullshitting, and saying it as i see it. I still stand corrected, which Rosabelle is free to point out. I seriously doubt she needs you to point out any 'truth' to her, I believe she's said what i did in her own terms, maybe you just misunderstood tongue.
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Pharoh: 10:42pm On Oct 26, 2009
ezinne1212:

I'm glad you feel i'hit the nail on the head', the 5 page essay would have been a drain  cool. I should point out that i don't think you understand the concept of 'Independent lady', because if you did, you will notice that my post does indeed reflect just that: No bullshitting, and saying it as i see it. I still stand corrected, which  Rosabelle is free to point out.  I seriously doubt she needs you to point out any 'truth' to her, I believe she's said what i did in her own terms, maybe you just misunderstood  tongue.

Then define your independent lady we are waiting for you then you will know we are also emancipated men as well  smiley. I have already discussed this issue with a black female friend in ST Lucia so i am waiting for your independent lady explanation. Except you will remain single i bet you your independent woman will never give you what you want because at the end of the day it is either you marry a weak man who will accept that or i will marry an unfortunate lady who will accept my African mentality. So i am waiting and lets continue from there.

I said you hit the nail on the head when you said no one brings anything significant to the table, you can carry the baby but i provide the sperm lol ( Maybe ladies now have sperm i guess). Then ask yourself if no one brings anything significant then why do we still want to control you? if you know why then you will drop your independent crusade.
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 26, 2009
I plan on being a nun. tongue tongue cool cool cool
Re: Ladies Are You Looking Forward To Getting Married? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 26, 2009
Pharoh:

Then define your independent lady we are waiting for you then you will know we are also emancipated men as well  smiley. I have already discussed this issue with a black female friend in ST Lucia so i am waiting for your independent lady explanation. Except you will remain single i bet you your independent woman will never give you what you want because at the end of the day it is either you marry a weak man who will accept that or i will marry an unfortunate lady who will accept my African mentality. So i am waiting and lets continue from there.

I said you hit the nail on the head when you said no one brings anything significant to the table, you can carry the baby but i provide the sperm lol ( Maybe ladies now have sperm i guess). Then ask yourself if no one brings anything significant then why do we still want to control you? [/b]if you know why then you will drop your [b]independent crusade.

I could see you were a ranter, but pointless ranting is a disease. I've already defined what being and independent lady is to me, go back, it's still there. Thats taken care of your first paragraph, as to the second paragraph, i need to ask, How old are you? I'd be worried if you are over 25yrs! If i see a man jump up to join your cause about controlling women, then i know that this world has really hit the pits. As far as independence is concerned, it is not a crusade, people are or are not independent beings/minds, it's not really THAT hard to grasp is it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Does Your Denomination Really Matter In Your Relationship? / Why Do "Worwor" Nigerian Men Thinks They Are "Handsome"? / Female University Student Caught Having Sex In A Busy Street With Stranger! Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.