Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (1263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3536354 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) ... (3311) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2020
grandstar:

I bought at $7.28 in the past 24hrs. Only got a 20% discount cry cry cry

Sorry fam. The promo is over
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Crazeworld(m): 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2020
ollybode:

Boss if you can afford 5k at most you don't need gsuit. all u need do is to get a brandable domain for urself( it will serve as ur company name) get small package hosting and create unlimited custom email for yourself like info@domain.com, contact@domain.com, sale@domain.com, urname@domain.com etc and u will forward all these name to Gmail accounts.
You will be able to receive and send email at d comfort of ur Gmail and even track all ur emails with free tracking software.
Another advantage of this is u can slam like two pages website to promote ur domains.
I have been using this for a year plus and is working quite well and cost effective.
You don't need to be technically inclined before u can do this.

If guys want me to do a tutorial about this I will like to share under ur permission
About this custom domain of a thing, do you think it's better than the normal gmail? Because I have a hosting plan with namecheap and I created a domain for outbounding sake for it. I connected the webmail directly to my gmail account so I'm able to receive and send mails directly from my gmail. But I noticed something;

1. The starter pack on namecheap hosting doesn't allow me to send more than 50 mails per hour from each webmail address (I created two webmails on 2 different domains). I send my mails in bulk using streak so this was a little bit stressful as some of my end users are more than 100. I had to divide the contacts to 49 each and scheduled them to send 2 hours in sequence. This solved the 50 mails per hour limit.

2. I don't know why but those mails mostly end in spam. I complained to namecheap support and they said maybe I'm sending spam emails. I had to reconstruct my sales letter myself over and over again but I saw no improvement. I started testing it by sending random mails to friends I know by requesting for their email addresses but most of them land in spam folder. I don't know maybe custom email for outbounding is ineffective or namecheap is just silly.

I lost interest in domaining around December since my efforts were not yielding results. Not even a "No, I'm not interested" from end user o. In February, a guy reported here how he used google analytics population screenshot to do a follow-up up and it led to sale. I went back to my domains and did the same. I attached the screenshot and sent it this time from my normal gmail account. Less than 30 minutes after, I got a $250 offer on the domain I just worked on. I no even counter anything because enugbe. Two days later, I got an offer on another domain.

Landing two sales using my Gmail account made me conclude that custom email thing no too dey effective. I still input my custom email address in the signature tutorial you gave to make it look official though but the mails are sent from my personal Gmail address. I hope to try the snov sending option when the pandemic subsides and see how it goes.

Apologies for the epistle

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by NkShallom(f): 2:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
Crazeworld:

google analytics population screenshot
Please can you throw more light on this, would appreciate

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Jayboltz(m): 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2020
NkShallom:
I second this
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Jayboltz(m): 2:56pm On Apr 05, 2020
Buzx:

Did you later register it?
I registered it before I dropped it here for approval
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Crazeworld(m): 3:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
NkShallom:

I've forgotten the guy that shared it but it's actually Google ads and I think it only applies to GEO domains.
Go to ads.google.com and use the free campaign option. Search for the target city and it will display the population in that area which of course includes your end-user's potential customers.

By telling your end-users in the follow up mail that some of the captured population searching for keywords "Abuja Solar" is a great advantage if they were to be the owner of AbujaSolar.com as they will most likely land on their website. People tend to click on websites that has their search queries.

Embedding a cropped version of this image in the body of the mail will make it sound convincing since they would believe Google more than they will believe you.

23 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by AkProsper(m): 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2020
Hello, i have a domain I've developed into a website. I still have it listed on Dan and afternic (I can't redirect it to those market place again).

My question is, where can I redirect my leads to during outbound if they want to buy outrightly/immediately.

Thanks.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IghravweIG(m): 3:51pm On Apr 05, 2020
ikhalyfah:

After some rejection last year, took a break, reStarted submitting February and i have 5 SH owned
How many do you own?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by micynute94(m): 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
Crazeworld:
About this custom domain of a thing, do you think it's better than the normal gmail? Because I have a hosting plan with namecheap and I created a domain for outbounding sake for it. I connected the webmail directly to my gmail account so I'm able to receive and send mails directly from my gmail. But I noticed something;

1. The starter pack on namecheap hosting doesn't allow me to send more than 50 mails per hour from each webmail address (I created two webmails on 2 different domains). I send my mails in bulk using streak so this was a little bit stressful as some of my end users are more than 100. I had to divide the contacts to 49 each and scheduled them to send 2 hours in sequence. This solved the 50 mails per hour limit.

2. I don't know why but those mails mostly end in spam. I complained to namecheap support and they said maybe I'm sending spam emails. I had to reconstruct my sales letter myself over and over again but I saw no improvement. I started testing it by sending random mails to friends I know by requesting for their email addresses but most of them land in spam folder. I don't know maybe custom email for outbounding is ineffective or namecheap is just silly.

I lost interest in domaining around December since my efforts were not yielding results. Not even a "No, I'm not interested" from end user o. In February, a guy reported here how he used google analytics population screenshot to do a follow-up up and it led to sale. I went back to my domains and did the same. I attached the screenshot and sent it this time from my normal gmail account. Less than 30 minutes after, I got a $250 offer on the domain I just worked on. I no even counter anything because enugbe. Two days later, I got an offer on another domain.

Landing two sales using my Gmail account made me conclude that custom email thing no too dey effective. I still input my custom email address in the signature tutorial you gave to make it look official though but the mails are sent from my personal Gmail address. I hope to try the snov sending option when the pandemic subsides and see how it goes.

Everything u said is nothing but the truth bro.

Na d free gmail I dey use now and I've used it to sell some domains. I've just been thinking I might be losing out on some sales because of my unprofessional email address.

D second problem with my account is the sending limit. At the moment, I can send up to 120 messages per account before I get the "messaged rejected" and your " your account has been blocked" messages from Google.

Do you use streak mail merge feature or do you send your email individually?

Still waiting for ur tutorial boss. @ Ollybode
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 4:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
IghravweIG:

How many do you own?
all 5 SH owned

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 4:17pm On Apr 05, 2020
Crazeworld:
I've forgotten the guy that shared it but it's actually Google ads and I think it only applies to GEO domains.
Go to ads.google.com and use the free campaign option. Search for the target city and it will display the population in that area which of course includes your end-user's potential customers.

By telling your end-users in the follow up mail that some of the captured population searching for keywords "Abuja Solar" is a great advantage if they were to be the owner of AbujaSolar.com as they will most likely land on their website. People tend to click on websites that has their search queries.

Embedding a cropped version of this image in the body of the mail will make it sound convincing since they would believe Google more than they will believe you.
Thanks for the information!

Is that Xiaomi? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by cyriletifit(m): 4:26pm On Apr 05, 2020
The free email address from Gmail has been working perfectly well for me. Even though I have about 5 custom email addresses, the sales have been coming from the free Gmail address.

I am still using my custom email address but only in my signature.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Crazeworld(m): 4:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
ikhalyfah:

Thanks for the information!

Is that Xiaomi? grin
yes Note 7
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by NkShallom(f): 4:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
Crazeworld:

thanks alot

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Crazeworld(m): 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2020
micynute94:

D second problem with my account is the sending limit. At the moment, I can send up to 120 messages per account before I get the "messaged rejected" and your " your account has been blocked" messages from Google.

Do you use streak mail merge feature or do you send your email individually?

I don't even know the limit for sending and I don't want Google to block my account. But I use two accounts sha and I don't send messages all at once to avoid triggering suspicion from Google.

Yes I use mail merge option of streak to schedule my outbounds. I usually don't outbound more than one name per day. So let's say I plan to outbound on 5 names in a week. I schedule all of them to send from Monday till Friday at designed time. Since I didn't send all mail in a day, I don't think my account will be flagged. And like I said, I hope to try out the snov mail sending option and see...

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Crazeworld(m): 4:52pm On Apr 05, 2020
cyriletifit:
The free email address from Gmail has been working perfectly well for me. Even though I have about 5 custom email addresses, the sales have been coming from the free Gmail address.
For now, that's the same use I have for it

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by logik29(m): 4:56pm On Apr 05, 2020
Please what do you think about this:

Dallascarports.com
Texascheapautoinsurance.com
Dallasseafoodrestaurants.com

Thanks.
I will appreciate your comments.

Cc:geofavor ideapro ikahlyfah
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Crazeworld(m): 5:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
logik29:

Dallascarports.com

Thanks.
I really don't think the appraisal is necessary. S

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by logik29(m): 5:23pm On Apr 05, 2020
Crazeworld:
I just want to know what people think about it,since am a newbie

I don't want to waste money If eventually I find out is crap.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ollybode(m): 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2020
Crazeworld:

I have used Gmail to close deal several time, even up till d moment I still use Gmail to outbound and likewise I have used custom domain to close sale.
Using custom domain is a matter of choice. Is not mandatory and it doesn't mean you will not get sales, what is important is domain itself and sending mails to those who have an urgent needs for it.
The expert just advice that it is highly professional to use custom domain.

Boss if you forward your custom domain to gmail, u don't need to use webmail at all. U will be able to send and receive mail from the Gmail address u forwarded to and hence avoid the limitations.
There many limitations associated to using webmail such as what u just experienced and for u to track ur outbound u need a paid email trackers.
Even large organisations don't use webmail, they do synchronise their custom email to office 365, and some do forward to gmail, outlook or all other crm software.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 5:32pm On Apr 05, 2020
logik29:

Dallascarports.com

Thanks.

Cc:geofavor ideapro
Crazeworld:
Appraisal not actually necessary but I'll make some comments incase of next time.

I believe u picked these names from Expireddomains.
So I'll advise whenever you want to pick names,

1. Look for shorter domains, from your domains only d 1st one pass this test. Although some keywords make a domain long, so exceptions are made.

2. Keep your focus on city more than state, most of the services are offered for a city not a state eg most likely a carpenter in dallas offers his services in dallas, rather than the whole Texas. So avoid state names.

3. B4 buying, make sure there are alot if endusers for the domain, at least 20 or so. I haven't checked but i Believe these ur domains won't have much endusers

4. Ensure u are using a popular service or product. eg Attorney, limousine service, plumbing, flooring, dentist, dental services, all are more popular than carports, or even "cheapautoinsurance"

5. No need to rush in registering names, wait for good names to drop, if u missed, or didn't see a name that good, just wait for the next day, names will continue to drop.

As for those 3 names, honestly I wouldn't register them with my own money, and i won't advice someone to, but outbound and good luck!

Peace

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Geofavor(m): 5:32pm On Apr 05, 2020
cyriletifit:

If I may ask, why do you have 1 2 3 4 5 custom email addresses? shocked
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IghravweIG(m): 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2020
ollybode:

I have used Gmail to close deal several time, even up till d moment I still use Gmail to outbound and likewise I have used custom domain to close sale.
Using custom domain is a matter of choice. Is not mandatory and it doesn't mean you will not get sales, what is important is domain itself and sending mails to those who have an urgent needs for it.

True
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by fucc12: 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2020
Your thoughts on
Usedjewelrystore//king ?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2020
fucc12:
Your thoughts on
Usedjewelrystore//king ?
You have list of potential buyers u are targeting?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Buzx: 6:02pm On Apr 05, 2020
Jayboltz:

I registered it before I dropped it here for approval
All right, nice. Goodluck.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by fucc12: 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2020
Im trying to list this on dan, epik and afternic
Is it okayy?
Newbie here

Still a bit confused about the landing page abd parking

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by fucc12: 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2020
ikhalyfah:

You have list of potential buyers u are targeting?
yes
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by slimjosh43: 6:05pm On Apr 05, 2020
AkProsper:
Hello, i have a domain I've developed into a website. I still have it listed on Dan and afternic (I can't redirect it to those market place again).

My question is, where can I redirect my leads to during outbound if they want to buy outrightly/immediately.

Thanks.
Flippa I think
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 6:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
fucc12:
yes
Outbound and goodluck
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by micynute94(m): 6:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
ollybode:

Boss if you forward your custom domain to gmail, u don't need to use webmail at all. U will be able to send and receive mail from the Gmail address u forwarded to and hence avoid the limitations.
There many limitations associated to using webmail such as what u just experienced and for u to track ur outbound u need a paid email trackers.
Even large organisations don't use webmail, they do synchronise their custom email to office 365, and some do forward to gmail, outlook or all other crm software.

Thanks boss. Will check things online but ur tutorial would speed up things and help avoid mistakes.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by cyriletifit(m): 6:23pm On Apr 05, 2020
Geofavor:

If I may ask, why do you have 1 2 3 4 5 custom email addresses? shocked

My portfolio is getting larger. I do outbound a lot. My strategy is one domain per email address per day. So if I do outbound for 5 names in a day, I use 5 email addresses. Its helps me avoid my mails landing in spam.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) ... (3311) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: AAA593, chicfarmer and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.