Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (3221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3549728 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3218) (3219) (3220) (3221) (3222) (3223) (3224) ... (3314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by EtimAbasiama(m): 8:33am On Sep 06, 2023
RESHARPENED:

Asking a buyer to make an offer is a huge turnoff.
You're afraid to set a low price and the buyer is afraid of paying too much.

Best practice is to set a price that you're happy with. Doesn't matter if someone else thinks it's too low or too high. Plus, you're free to adjust the price however you see fit.

If you want to get more technical about pricing, consider the niche of the domain name. Some niches offer goods/services at $100/hr yet the minimum wage in the US is $7.25/hr.

Put that into consideration when setting a price for your domain name.

But whatever you do, never set your domain names to make offer ONLY. You can mix of BIN and Make Offer, though.

Lolz. There's no rules to this boss. Many names are left on make offers. Even Oga Hyk won't price car//king. He will leave it on make offer. So it depends on the name boss.

Congratulations to recent sellers. Good morning fam.

Sold Chevrolet// Silverado//king for $499 last two months. HT- 2 years.

We still dey push

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ollybode(m): 10:40am On Sep 06, 2023
JapaToDNext:
is it a website or App

Give me link abeg
search for Google translate on Google
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Eruditeprof(m): 11:21am On Sep 06, 2023
You can do so with the help of CHATGPT if you know how to write questions.

palinco
post=125584442:

Please, someone send me the outbounding message template:
meetlancer@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by McTeesticks(m): 11:49am On Sep 06, 2023
Congratulations chief
EtimAbasiama:

We still dey push
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by MrPADDY(m): 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2023
EtimAbasiama:

Lolz. There's no rules to this boss. Many names are left on make offers. Even Oga Hyk won't price car//king. He will leave it on make offer. So it depends on the name boss.

Congratulations to recent sellers. Good morning fam.

We still dey push

Brother, how is business going? Let's talk on whatsapp. Check my profile for Whatsapp detail.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by beckplanet: 5:10pm On Sep 06, 2023
Auction Experience

As a domainer of over a decade experience and with some tangible success, it is sometimes surprising when I tell people I've never used auctions as a means of acquiring my domain names. I traditionally use Expired domain dot net, or some times namepros buy section thread and some other times just hand registrations as my means of acquiring domain names.

Although time and time again, I've read from many veterans in the industry on how they have repeatedly mentions made big sales from names they picked up from auctions or, DropCatch and Backorders. But due to the ridiculous prices some averages names closes on at auctions I've overtime decided to stay clear.

Fast forward this year with slow down in domain sales for the average domainer like myself. I decided to finally try out my luck in the auctions backing myself to excel in it with my domaining knowledge. So I signed up to Godaddy auctions for 4.99usd. My plan was to purchase some good expired gems from the Godaddy auctions for prices between 25usd -100usd, and in turn flip them a bit more quicker because from my understanding auction acquired names naturally have more demand and a bit more about them because of their rarity as compared to expired drops and average hand registered names

So here is my Godaddy Auctions Experience

Day 1.

I saw a few names on the auctions which Iiked. And I made some bids for them which obviously started from $12 and some around $20 and some of them had 1 day and some 2 days in auctions.

Some of the names I bidded on where

UnityLab
Petplex
Paway
MedicIQ
(All dot com)

1. UnityLab//com : On UnityLab i felt the name had so much potential as all major extentions are taken and some businesses where even using Unitylab+keyword // com in their websites, including a brand called unitylabcorp// com who recieve a recent sizeable funding. This made me gravitate towards the name even more as I saw alot of potential end-user option with the name.
Then I made my first bid for name, joining the auction with other bidders when it was already at 75usd action bid at the time I joined. The action went up to 200usd bidding amount real quick and the furthest I was willing to go was 250usd but boom the auction bidding even went further and exceeded 500usd lol, I kept watching the auction with keen interest after my budget was exceeded then the name went to 1000usd, i was super suprised at what people where willing to pay for a name that might just be a gamble. Then boom a bidder came along in the last minutes of the auction and bid 8000usd on the name lol, I was amused, finally the auction closed at 8105usd. I was wondering between whether these auctions were real in the first place and if it was how will the potential auction winner recoup such huge investment. Anyways moving on.

2. Paway // com : Another name i really liked from the Godaddy auction. I liked this name for the simple fact that it was my kind of name (Brandable, Short, Have a specific niche with multiple application in the Pet/Paw industry, and it being a 5 Letter and memorable term elevates it's value further, then from my brief research on the name, there was an existing startup who uses the name but kind of a modern genZ upcoming pet related brand. So right away i thought there was a potential market for the name and even outside that I could easily list the name on any brandable market for 5 to 7k price region if I eventually acquired it were my thoughts at the time. But then the bidding war started. Again I was leading bidder on the name for 2 day with 105usd bid. Then in the last hours of the auction the bidding got heated and I missed out yet again as the name closed at 595usd, which I even stopped bidding at 195usd. Another ridiculous price for an auction name.

This happened for so many other name including CyberFort // com which closed at 2972usd, Eduvisor // com ridiculously reached 1082usd in the Godaddy auction, Growfi // com, this one is a name i really liked, I made a bid on the name but the auction was canceled on that one. Limelabs// com a more recent auction i participated in, but missed out yet again and the furthest I could bid was 55usd but name closed at 1010usd, and other names which I shared in the screenshot. By the way, so far from my auction Experience I have won Zero auctions because of the surprising ridiculous prices some of these names goes for. For example instead of wasting 200usd for an average auction name, I will back myself to use same budget to outsource and maybe even Reg 20 solid names of close quality. Although I understand some auction names are considerably and million miles better that drops and hand regs.
Now my question to the Ogas in the house that have been participating in auctions for years is, how una take the run am. I mean how does one participate in the auction without getting their hands burn and spending over the odds and again how do some domain investors manage to find good enough names at bargain / low Prices. Please anyone that has an idea please give your feedback or experience.

On another note with the dot Ai ongoing trend / craze, how are guys going about it. Cos from my own observation the price to register a dot ai is ridiculously high at 70usd range for hand registrations, the price discourages me alot from getting involved, Is anyone investing in the trend yet?, cos I'm seeing some crazy .Ai sales lately. Recently after long research i came up with a semi one word .AI name that was available for hand Registration, the name was Marketed dot ai, but I wasn't ready to reg name immediately partly because of the high reg fee of 70usd, but when I eventually made up my mind to Reg name just few days ago to Reg it, name was gone and guess what It was registered 2 days prior and already developed up and running website at the moment. That one pain me sha. Anyways please anyone has an idea on how to go around these high dot ai registration price cause I have some ideas but can't execute it be of high reg fees which is too much for a gamble on some trend. Any discounts or ideas please feel free to drop it.

Hope this my small rant especially on the auctions situation can help someone out there.

Peace cool

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by oskylabs(m): 6:14pm On Sep 06, 2023
beckplanet:
Any discounts or ideas please feel free to drop it.
Boss, despite being a newbie in this craft, I can tell you this from my very little experience: if your pockets ain't very deep, avoid bidding at the auctions. Too many hawks there. Just too many! Some of these guys even have bots that do their bidding—no pun intended!

Closeouts are a better bet if you must. #mytwocents

7 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Ramon92: 6:55pm On Sep 06, 2023
beckplanet:
Auction Experience

As a domainer of over a decade experience and with some tangible success, it is sometimes surprising when I tell people I've never used auctions as a means of acquiring my domain names. I traditionally use Expired domain dot net, or some times namepros buy section thread and some other times just hand registrations as my means of acquiring domain names.

Although time and time again, I've read from many veterans in the industry on how they have repeatedly mentions made big sales from names they picked up from auctions or, DropCatch and Backorders. But due to the ridiculous prices some averages names closes on at auctions I've overtime decided to stay clear.

Fast forward this year with slow down in domain sales for the average domainer like myself. I decided to finally try out my luck in the auctions backing myself to excel in it with my domaining knowledge. So I signed up to Godaddy auctions for 4.99usd. My plan was to purchase some good expired gems from the Godaddy auctions for prices between 25usd -100usd, and in turn flip them a bit more quicker because from my understanding auction acquired names naturally have more demand and a bit more about them because of their rarity as compared to expired drops and average hand registered names

So here is my Godaddy Auctions Experience

Day 1.

I saw a few names on the auctions which Iiked. And I made some bids for them which obviously started from $12 and some around $20 and some of them had 1 day and some 2 days in auctions.

Some of the names I bidded on where

UnityLab
Petplex
Paway
MedicIQ
(All dot com)

1. UnityLab//com : On UnityLab i felt the name had so much potential as all major extentions are taken and some businesses where even using Unitylab+keyword // com in their websites, including a brand called unitylabcorp// com who recieve a recent sizeable funding. This made me gravitate towards the name even more as I saw alot of potential end-user option with the name.
Then I made my first bid for name, joining the auction with other bidders when it was already at 75usd action bid at the time I joined. The action went up to 200usd bidding amount real quick and the furthest I was willing to go was 250usd but boom the auction bidding even went further and exceeded 500usd lol, I kept watching the auction with keen interest after my budget was exceeded then the name went to 1000usd, i was super suprised at what people where willing to pay for a name that might just be a gamble. Then boom a bidder came along in the last minutes of the auction and bid 8000usd on the name lol, I was amused, finally the auction closed at 8105usd. I was wondering between whether these auctions were real in the first place and if it was how will the potential auction winner recoup such huge investment. Anyways moving on.

2. Paway // com : Another name i really liked from the Godaddy auction. I liked this name for the simple fact that it was my kind of name (Brandable, Short, Have a specific niche with multiple application in the Pet/Paw industry, and it being a 5 Letter and memorable term elevates it's value further, then from my brief research on the name, there was an existing startup who uses the name but kind of a modern genZ upcoming pet related brand. So right away i thought there was a potential market for the name and even outside that I could easily list the name on any brandable market for 5 to 7k price region if I eventually acquired it were my thoughts at the time. But then the bidding war started. Again I was leading bidder on the name for 2 day with 105usd bid. Then in the last hours of the auction the bidding got heated and I missed out yet again as the name closed at 595usd, which I even stopped bidding at 195usd. Another ridiculous price for an auction name.

This happened for so many other name including CyberFort // com which closed at 2972usd, Eduvisor // com ridiculously reached 1082usd in the Godaddy auction, Growfi // com, this one is a name i really liked, I made a bid on the name but the auction was canceled on that one. Limelabs// com a more recent auction i participated in, but missed out yet again and the furthest I could bid was 55usd but name closed at 1010usd, and other names which I shared in the screenshot. By the way, so far from my auction Experience I have won Zero auctions because of the surprising ridiculous prices some of these names goes for. For example instead of wasting 200usd for an average auction name, I will back myself to use same budget to outsource and maybe even Reg 20 solid names of close quality. Although I understand some auction names are considerably and million miles better that drops and hand regs.
Now my question to the Ogas in the house that have been participating in auctions for years is, how una take the run am. I mean how does one participate in the auction without getting their hands burn and spending over the odds and again how do some domain investors manage to find good enough names at bargain / low Prices. Please anyone that has an idea please give your feedback or experience.

On another note with the dot Ai ongoing trend / craze, how are guys going about it. Cos from my own observation the price to register a dot ai is ridiculously high at 70usd range for hand registrations, the price discourages me alot from getting involved, Is anyone investing in the trend yet?, cos I'm seeing some crazy .Ai sales lately. Recently after long research i came up with a semi one word .AI name that was available for hand Registration, the name was Marketed dot ai, but I wasn't ready to reg name immediately partly because of the high reg fee of 70usd, but when I eventually made up my mind to Reg name just few days ago to Reg it, name was gone and guess what It was registered 2 days prior and already developed up and running website at the moment. That one pain me sha. Anyways please anyone has an idea on how to go around these high dot ai registration price cause I have some ideas but can't execute it be of high reg fees which is too much for a gamble on some trend. Any discounts or ideas please feel free to drop it.

Hope this my small rant especially on the auctions situation can help someone out there.

Peace cool

Auctions are crazy nowadays and I too wonder if I bid with bots or people with excess money. I just set my max proxy bid and leave.

But one thing I've learnt is that most of those names don't get sold at their closing prices. There's a loophole that'll enable 'winners' pay a fraction of the winning bid.

I'm sure I lost Bold/motion with proxy at $105 this evening to such tactics where the winner will pay less than that amount for the name.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by beckplanet: 7:55pm On Sep 06, 2023
Ramon92=Ramon92:

Auctions are crazy nowadays and I too wonder if I bid with bots or people with excess money. I just set my max proxy bid and leave.

But one thing I've learnt is that most of those names don't get sold at their closing prices. There's a loophole that'll enable 'winners' pay a fraction of the winning bid.

I'm sure I lost Bold/motion with proxy at $105 this evening to such tactics where the winner will pay less than that amount for the name.
Insightful bro thanks.
While I do understand the setting of proxy bids side of things, didn't know about paying lesser than the amount won.
Thanks for your input.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sammyrollo: 8:10pm On Sep 06, 2023
Achonation:
SALES REPORT

OrangeCounty/Flower/Delivery//king

Registrar - Dynadot

Price - $7.99

SV - Dan

BIN - $378.

SP - $100 Make offer

HT 58 Days

First sale!
I regretted buying this name when people in this biz long ago discouraged me, some said it was too long. I wanted to delete it immediately , but just left it to stay for one year and I'll never renew it.

Reason I picked this name was because Orange County paid me $200 when I was working for someone and it was just after 11 days of working on the name on March

Congrats

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sammyrollo: 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
^^Not quite. With the code DOTCOM you can still check out on Dynadot for $8.99.
I newly open an account with dynadot thinking I will be able to use the code, but that code didn’t work, it said “This promo only applies to not re reg” quite painful to register the domain for $11.99, please guys is there any dynadot coupon code still working or I should just stick to my Namecheap
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:41pm On Sep 06, 2023
sammyrollo:
I newly open an account with dynadot thinking I will be able to use the code, but that code didn’t work, it said “This promo only applies to not re reg” quite painful to register the domain for $11.99, please guys is there any dynadot coupon code still working or I should just stick to my
no it works. The name you are trying to reg just dropped. Try it in the morning and it will work.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sammyrollo: 8:44pm On Sep 06, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
no it works. The name you are trying to reg just dropped. Try it in the morning and it will work.
yes you are right, the name just dropped. Thanks man
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by YoobaNesan: 10:04pm On Sep 06, 2023
@beckplanet, you're an action noob!
Auction is another home for crazy domainers. You can only win names on GoDaddy auction If you posses one of two;
- Deep pocket.
- A Crook.

That name that sells for $8k, the winner may have to get it for just +$xx.x.
This is it, they bid with two account, inflate price with one(won't pay) and get name with other(as runner-up), by making sure he's the two leading bidders.
You can only hope/pray those with deep pocket do not notice names on your watchlists.... but forget it, if it's a quality name, many can identify that.

As for .ai, you'll get your hand burnt if you invent words to reg.
I can tell you it's the riskiest tld to invest as I've seen people lament they reg up to 15 names and non have sell...(I've sold all my .ai names though and develop a strategy to go about it).
The trend will still be available for up to 2 decades.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by McTeesticks(m): 10:10pm On Sep 06, 2023
Why don't you share the strategy you used to sell 'all' your .ai names
I'm sure we all want to learn and pick a thing or two

100% isn't something we see all the time in this space
YoobaNesan:
Auction is another home for crazy domainers. You can only win names on GoDaddy auction If you posses one of two;
- Deep pocket.
- A Crook.

This is it, they bid with two account, inflate price with one(won't pay) and get name with other(as runner-up), by making sure he's the two leading bidders.

I can tell you it's the riskiest tld to invest as I've seen people lament they reg up to 15 names and non have sell...(I've sold all my .ai names though and develop a strategy to go about it).

6 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by narite: 10:27pm On Sep 06, 2023
McTeesticks:
Why don't you share the strategy you used to sell 'all' your .ai names
I'm sure we all want to learn and pick a thing or two

100% isn't something we see all the time in this space
I cannot help but notice that dude is the only one who see himself has a flying domainer.

He easily jump out to correct, re-correct and sometimes dragging those who have clearly, evidently shown that they have made a footprint on this space, people that clearly knows what they are doing.

I admire his mindsets. His confidence scares me.

9 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Neutral15(m): 10:27pm On Sep 06, 2023
Ramon92:

Those guys normally have two accounts, if the real account bids 200 dol, the fake account immediately bid a ridiculous amount maybe like 8k dol. Then nobody will bid again till auction closes.
The fake account will not pay till the deadline, then godaddy will contact the next highest bidder (200 dol). Therefore the person ends up buying it for 200 dol as against the 8k dol. That's the game.

7 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by MrPADDY(m): 10:43pm On Sep 06, 2023
MrPADDY:

Sometimes these glitches are caused by auto-system or staff errors, but their support officers would never admit it. Being at their mercy, one needs to play cool.

A day before yesterday, I submitted an unregistered domain, and chose SH to register it if approved. SH approved the name for registration within a few hours. At WHOIS, the domain was still unregistered. I then clicked the approval button, and it was registered at NameSilo, but SH showed error message that there was issued with the registration. Upon checking WHOIS again, I discovered the name was registered at exact time I clicked the approval button.

It would be 100% a rare coincidence that an outside person, instead of SH, would register the domain immediately I clicked the button. I felt the domain was auto-registered at NameSilo, but final process at SH interrupted due to glitches.

All my explanations to SH support to add the domain to my account if SH registered it yielded no result. In domain flipping, you win some, and lose some. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Since last week I posted my recent experience at SH, I have lost two more domains (free submissions) where I chose SH to register if approved. Although, this time, the support was kind enough to admit that they have glitches (see screenshot).

If you have a domain you are very sure of, you may do well to register it before submission at SH for now, so as not to lose it to 3rd party.

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by beckplanet: 11:41pm On Sep 06, 2023
YoobaNesan:
- Deep pocket.
- A Crook.

You can only hope/pray those with deep pocket do not notice names on your watchlists.... but forget it, if it's a quality name, many can identify that.

Good insights bro. On the Godaddy auctions though, don't you think it's "Shill Bidding" to operate two accounts in an auction marketplace and inflate prices for your own gain? . Isn't that supposed to be unethical? In a big auction marketplace place like Godaddy plus their policy might strongly be against that.

On the ai topic, my only issue with the extension is the big registration fees on dot ai. At least it would have been lower, as close to 70usd Reg fee is not domainer friendly for large investments, imagine picking up 15 names on the extension as hand regs and selling none, thats like 1000usd investment risk. But on the flip side selling one of those names can easily cover the cost of investment and you sit on the rest on the names and see what happens. Either way it is a risk that not many will likely take. By the way do you mind sharing more insights on your journey as u mentioned having some success on the extension. Because currently I'm exploring the possibility of investing in the dot Ai but just discouraged on the big Reg fees which I don't see changing as dot ai was a country (ccTLD) for Anguilla, a British Overseas Territory in the Caribbean and I heard the since the dot ai trend boom, it have generated for them massive revenue. If it was even half the price, I would have taken the risk already. But still exploring the options and looking for what works.

Peace cool

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by RESHARPENED: 12:11am On Sep 07, 2023
beckplanet:

Good insights bro. On the Godaddy auctions though, don't you think it's "Shill Bidding" to operate two accounts in an auction marketplace and inflate prices for your own gain? . Isn't that supposed to be unethical? In a big auction marketplace place like Godaddy plus their policy might strongly be against that.

On the ai topic, my only issue with the extension is the big registration fees on dot ai. At least it would have been lower, as close to 70usd Reg fee is not domainer friendly for large investments, imagine picking up 15 names on the extension as hand regs and selling none, thats like 1000usd investment risk. But on the flip side selling one of those names can easily cover the cost of investment and you sit on the rest on the names and see what happens. Either way it is a risk that not many will likely take. By the way do you mind sharing more insights on your journey as u mentioned having some success on the extension. Because currently I'm exploring the possibility of investing in the dot Ai but just discouraged on the big Reg fees which I don't see changing as dot ai was a country (ccTLD) for Anguilla, a British Overseas Territory in the Caribbean and I heard the since the dot ai trend boom, it have generated for them massive revenue. If it was even half the price, I would have taken the risk already. But still exploring the options and looking for what works.

Peace cool

You're mistaken about .ai. It's $70/year but you must pay for 2 years upfront. So every reg is actually about $140+.

With that in mind, I'd say .AI is not a feasible investment for MOST Nigerian investors. But as a veteran, you could probably give it a go.

Also as a veteran, I'm sure you're familiar with the terrible STR in the industry. Do the math and find out if you're cool with the outcome.

For instance, it'd cost around $700 to register 5 domain names. They claim .AI is hotter than hell right now, so assume a STR that's 5X that of .com.

That's a 5-10% STR right there. Yet, it doesn't guarantee a single sale out of the 5 names within a year.

Also, consider the fact the person with the most reported.ai sales on this thread is looking to recommend unregistered/available .ai names to a random person and split the profit.

A Nigerian person made this proposal rather than regging said names and keeping ALL the juicy profits for himself.

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

That being said, domain investing is a WILD world. You could register the 5 names and flip them ALL for a nice profit within a few days, especially with your experience.

4 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by beckplanet: 12:24am On Sep 07, 2023
RESHARPENED:

You're mistaken about .ai. It's $70/year but you must pay for 2 years upfront. So every reg is actually about $140+.

With that in mind, I'd say .AI is not a feasible investment for MOST Nigerian investors. But as a veteran, you could probably give it a go.

Also as a veteran, I'm sure you're familiar with the terrible STR in the industry. Do the math and find out if you're cool with the outcome.

For instance, it'd cost around $700 to register 5 domain names. They claim .AI is hotter than hell right now, so assume a STR that's 5X that of .com.

That's a 5-10% STR right there. Yet, it doesn't guarantee a single sale out of the 5 names within a year.

Also, consider the fact the person with the most reported.ai sales on this thread is looking to recommend unregistered/available .ai names to a random person and split the profit.

A Nigerian person made this proposal rather than regging said names and keeping ALL the juicy profits for himself.

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

That being said, domain investing is a WILD world. You could register the 5 names and flip them ALL for a nice profit within a few days, especially with your experience.

Lol bro don't exaggerate my experience. I no Sabi anything oo. That's why I'm coming here to ask questions and learn as well from others experience. I didn't know that u pay 2 years up front on the extension goes to show I've not registered one myself. Anyways as good as it sounds on the hottest of the extension itst still a massive gamble and big investment risk. One has to be hundred percent spot on with their choice in other to get it right on the investment side of things with the extension and that in itself is a massive gamble.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by RESHARPENED: 1:03am On Sep 07, 2023
beckplanet:

Lol bro don't exaggerate my experience. I no Sabi anything oo. That's why I'm coming here to ask questions and learn as well from others experience. I didn't know that u pay 2 years up front on the extension goes to show I've not registered one myself. Anyways as good as it sounds on the hottest of the extension itst still a massive gamble and big investment risk. One has to be hundred percent spot on with their choice in other to get it right on the investment side of things with the extension and that in itself is a massive gamble.

Very true.

It's a $140 a pop gamble. That's money that could be spent on renewals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by YoobaNesan: 6:56am On Sep 07, 2023
Yes, that's shill bidding and GoDaddy haven't been able to right this.....Sav dealt with this by pre-authotising your credit card anytime you make a bid.

There are still many available single word .ai for hand reg, but many avoid the gamble as regards the cost.
Imagine if you reg one for $144 and outbound and the person said, not interested? You're in trouble. Over ₦100k gone and no domainer will buy it from you.
Hence you see some reported .AI here sells for very low figure you think should have sold higher, I'm very sure the guy has to agree with the end user amount to recoup it's money with some little gain, if not, no deal and a loss.

If you'll go into .ai, you have to study the terrain and develop a strategy that works for you.

I currently hold a 3L (VCV) .ai, taken in 213 extensions, gotten for +$1k in auction...there's an AI company currently using the name, raised about $75m and will like to pitch it to them when they cross double that amount.

beckplanet:

Peace cool

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by edogu(m): 9:25am On Sep 07, 2023
Ramon92:

Most of these bids are usually from bots or chinese investors.

How does it work? Someone will create an account different from his main account when he knows fully well that he won't pay. However, the tactics is aimed at discouraging other investors like backplanet from going ahead with the auction.

The moment the auction is over, the highest bidder will default, thereby, giving opportunity to the second bidder to win the auction at a significantly lower price.

Unfortunately, these second bidders are indirectly related to the first bidders except that in this case they are using a different godaddy account.

So many domain investors like datacube have complained bitterly about this fraud that has been ongoing but to no avail.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by symbuul: 1:23pm On Sep 07, 2023
Sold a domain on SH wholesale marketplace that was set to expire tomorrow. Little sale. Buyer wanted a transfer and I approved it from my registrar. I believe he has the name now in his account as it has been moved from mine, but I haven't seen the funds. Contacted SH, they asked me to follow up on the buyer. Na so e dey be?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tayorh(m): 2:16pm On Sep 07, 2023
Who has experienced this before.
Namesilo has refused to send fast transfer opt in mail to me from sedo and afternic, I have deleted and re added the names, I get the first message from afternic, but nothing from namesilo. The names are over 60days already,they are eligible, I have reached out to namesilo customer support, still the same problem. Please who has a solution?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by beckplanet: 3:06pm On Sep 07, 2023
RESHARPENED:

Very true.

It's a $140 a pop gamble. That's money that could be spent on renewals.
Yeah exactly.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by oskylabs(m): 7:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
YoobaNesan:
I currently hold a 3L (VCV) .ai, taken in 213 extensions, gotten for +$1k in auction...there's an AI company currently using the name, raised about $75m and will like to pitch it to them when they cross double that amount.
You mean taken in 203?

This particular .ai domain of yours might sell for far better inbound than outbound. I don't know how long you're willing to wait, but Tonynames sold stryde//io for $10k at Sedo (inbound) after an 8-month hold. Just take a peep at where stryde//io redirects to.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by EtimAbasiama(m): 10:58pm On Sep 07, 2023
beckplanet:

Insightful bro thanks.
While I do understand the setting of proxy bids side of things, didn't know about paying lesser than the amount won.
Thanks for your input.

Lolz. Dey play. When he wins a name @$2k he'll tell us which fraction he's talking about grin
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 07, 2023
How do i set up my domain for Godaddy auction

I have an account on Godaddy

(1) (2) (3) ... (3218) (3219) (3220) (3221) (3222) (3223) (3224) ... (3314) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.