Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] (9095 Views)

Does God Exist? A Debate / Expose About Israel And Palestine - What You Need To Know Before Taking Sides / Solid Proof: God Exist And He Is Very Real. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 3:53pm On Nov 10, 2016
raphieMontella:
@deepsight
why would anyone say that God doesnt exist..
Why would anyone deny reality and say the universe wasnt created?
The big bang shows that the universe had a beginning..
My bible..the unadulterated word of God says in
Gen 1:1----''In the beginning''--God created the heavens and the earth..
In Gen 1:3 it says---God said ''let there be light''...the bigbang is not possible without light(EM)...
It goes on and on and gives accurate details about the universe in accordance with modern science..
Then God created man...and his cohort a wo-man...man wasnt created to die....but today man dies because of the fvcking snake who lied to eve and she ate the fruit which god commmanded her not to which he put in their Garden...but My never failing God had a backup plan..----Jesus...
So he sent his son who is God also to die for you and I so that the sin of our ancestor ''Adam'' which condemned all of mankind unconditionally(Romans 5:15-18) which hinders us from eternal life..will be lifted up..
Why cant you believe Jesus died for your sins?
Are you not a sinner?
Or do you just hate the almighty God?
all you have to do is accept jesus as your personal saviour and believe he died for your sins..if you dont..you wont gain heaven and you will be cast into hell..with satan..
He does not want and doesnt send you to hell..you choose to go to hell by yourself...
He cannot force you to worship him...even though he did in psalm 78
why do you hate God so much? Is it because atheism is a form of satanism?
Deepsight the devil is using you..your eyes cant see it..only spiritual eyes can...
Dont worry i will pray for you who doesnt believe..even tho there are kids and people out there who believe and die of hunger whom i should pray for..

It is obvious that a most unwholesome principality has taken hold of your tongue and demons are speaking through you.

God does not exist, and more importantly, you are a rat.

Please address the argument properly:

1. Prove that you are not a rat

2. Show me why rats must go to churches, mosques, etc, or even believe in any deity?

This is most unratlike and I conjure you to cease and desist and return to rat-normism.

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by sonmvayina(m): 3:53pm On Nov 10, 2016
I have seen thunder and heavy rain...kill a small child, who is responsible for the rain and thunder?....i know you have heard or seen it happen too..Issaiah 45:7
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2016
sonmvayina:
I have seen thunder and heavy rain...kill a small child, who is responsible for the rain and thunder?....i know you have heard or seen it happen too..Issaiah 45:7

The child is likely a witch, who should not be suffered to live.

Or it taunted a prophet.
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by Immorttal: 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
johnydon22:
I have been going over this board from day to day without really contributing, reason because most of the topics are either irrelevant to me [doesn't concern or tickles my curiosity] or it is simply cliche - something i have gone over time and again during my "very active days"

So it all seem boring and uninteresting to me and i yearn for some fun here at least something intellectually, philosophically challenging.

I remember as a kid in primary 6 i always thought teachers to be more important than Doctors, i still do actually but during our school debate my teacher made me argue for Doctors.

Which brings me to the purpose of this thread, lets for once leave our comfort normal zone and argue from opposite perspective than we normally do - lets swap role.

The debate is

Does God exist?

The idea is that someone who do not believe in God would swap role and argue that God exists with his points and same Goes for someone who hold a belief in Gods - lets see how well we do it out of our comfort zone wink

This is sorely an intellectual exercise, just to do something differently for fun - so arguing for God or opposite does not affect or change your default position..

To start - first state your default position and then state the position you'd argue for in this thread..

I'm hoping to have real fun here!!!

For the people in Enugu, there is a live debate by thinkers Pub hosted by MrAnony on this same topic [Does God exist?], i will debate live on that day [As an atheist this time cheesy]

If you'd like to see me argue live and get to see a smashing debate, you are free to come and watch.

Date : 10th October 2016
Venue: Golden Toast Restaurant independence Layout Enugu
Time: 6pm prompt]
johny? 10 oct. 2016 .Is there a parapraxis there?
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2016
Immorttal:

I thought I was the only one who noticed that, I sha keep quiet. E fit be time travel tins.

Enter the past.

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by 4kings: 4:00pm On Nov 10, 2016
sonmvayina:

yes...with God there is nothing like logic..you are the one who has to apply logic to save yourself..it is called the principles of duality..that is from mans perspective..the fact our brain can distinguish 2 different sctions or experiences those not mean 2 powers are at play..God those not experence it. To God, good is evil, evil is good, hot is cold, cold is hot, up is down, down is up. day is night night is day..to us humans, one exist with reference to the other...but to God they are the same...
Damn, my head hurts, let me be clear here; are you talking about Yahweh or what u think of God?
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 4:05pm On Nov 10, 2016
4kings:

Damn, my head hurts, let me be clear here; are you talking about Yahweh or what u think of God?

Who is Yahweh?

Are you referring to that pagan Jewish deity?

Please let us know.
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by 4kings: 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeepSight:

Who is Yahweh?

Are you referring to that pagan Jewish deity?

Please let us know.
Judeo-Christian God
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2016
4kings:

Judeo-Christian God

Yes, I know, but please say it as it is: a pagan and blood-thirsty sectionalist deity, no?
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by 4kings: 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeepSight:

Yes, I know, but please say it as it is: a pagan and blood-thirsty sectionalist deity, no?
That's your opinion
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by raphieMontella: 4:17pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeepSight:

It is obvious that a most unwholesome principality has taken hold of your tongue and demons are speaking through you.

God does not exist, and more importantly, you are a rat.

Please address the argument properly:
1. Prove that you are not a rat
rats dont have a soul and spirits while humans do...
My bible tells me in Gen 2:7 that God breathed on Adam and he became a living soul..
He didnt do it to other animals...
I am a living soul

2. Show me why rats must go to churches, mosques, etc, or even believe in any deity?
after the death of God and his resurrection.sorry i mean son of God..sorry i mean the second God in the trinity...the apostles of jesus christ had to come together to be in felloowship/communion with jesus and be one in christ (Romans 12:5) as he commanded us to do...
Because in Matthew 18:20 he said-----''for where two or three gather in my name..i am there with them''
2)and also to keep jesus's very important commandment which he gave us in luke 22:19----
our sacred practise of cannibalism

This is most unratlike and I conjure you to cease and desist and return to rat-normism.
i reject being a rat IJN..it is satan who is a rat in the holy eyes of My gracious God--yahweh..he cant hurt a fly talk more of a rat..thats why he hasnt killed satan in millions of years...
I pray God reveals himself to you..Amen

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by hahn(m): 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2016
johnydon22:
I have been going over this board from day to day without really contributing, reason because most of the topics are either irrelevant to me [doesn't concern or tickles my curiosity] or it is simply cliche - something i have gone over time and again during my "very active days"

So it all seem boring and uninteresting to me and i yearn for some fun here at least something intellectually, philosophically challenging.

I remember as a kid in primary 6 i always thought teachers to be more important than Doctors, i still do actually but during our school debate my teacher made me argue for Doctors.

Which brings me to the purpose of this thread, lets for once leave our comfort normal zone and argue from opposite perspective than we normally do - lets swap role.

The debate is

Does God exist?

The idea is that someone who do not believe in God would swap role and argue that God exists with his points and same Goes for someone who hold a belief in Gods - lets see how well we do it out of our comfort zone wink

This is sorely an intellectual exercise, just to do something differently for fun - so arguing for God or opposite does not affect or change your default position..

To start - first state your default position and then state the position you'd argue for in this thread..

I'm hoping to have real fun here!!!

For the people in Enugu, there is a live debate by thinkers Pub hosted by MrAnony on this same topic [Does God exist?], i will debate live on that day [As an atheist this time cheesy]

If you'd like to see me argue live and get to see a smashing debate, you are free to come and watch.

Date : 10th October 2016
Venue: Golden Toast Restaurant independence Layout Enugu
Time: 6pm prompt]

Has this debate taken place already?

Updates please
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by hahn(m): 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeepSight:

Lol

Okay. . . .

But which stories in the bible do you find most annoying?

I will start with mine -

1. Abraham asked to kill his son Isaac in order to show faith

2. Ananias and Saphirah: fall down and die because you donate a part of your own earnings to the church.

The whole bible is annoying.

In my house I either use the pages to roll weed or use it to tilt my fan. At least it is useful in these instances tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2016
4kings:

That's your opinion

No sorry, that is not my opinion, that is a fact.

1. Did Yahweh command genocide?

2. Did Yahweh command human sacrifice?

3. Did Yahweh command amputation of human limbs?

Answer these questions honestly please.

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by 4kings: 4:29pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeepSight:

Nope

Nope

Nope

Answered
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by raphieMontella: 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2016
hahn:

The whole bible is annoying.

In my house I either use the pages to roll weed or use it to tilt my fan. At least it is useful in these instances tongue
you do not know the curse you are bringing upon yyourself...
My God will strike you dead...
He will drown you like he did to those sinners in noah's days...
Watch and see

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by johnydon22(m): 4:32pm On Nov 10, 2016
Rilwayne001:

angry

Jesus sorry i mean 10th November which is today... ewooo i no even notice say na november we deh again..!!!
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2016
4kings:
Nope

Nope

Nope

Answered

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh! ! ! ! ! !

Aiyelala!

See lie oh.

How pesin fit just poker face blast fabu like dis?

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by johnydon22(m): 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2016
hahn:

Has this debate taken place already?
Updates please
Baba i made a mistake oo... na 10th of November.. today!!! by 6pm
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by 4kings: 4:34pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeepSight:

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh! ! ! ! ! !

Aiyelala!

See lie oh.

How pesin fit just poker face blast fabu like dis?
Can you prove your claim?
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by johnydon22(m): 4:36pm On Nov 10, 2016
Immorttal:

Boss na mistake io... just remove october and put Nov
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by johnydon22(m): 4:38pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeepSight:

ways of Yahweh is not the way of man!!! You won't understand, pray to the holy spirit to reveal the truth to you..

3 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2016
4kings:

Can you prove your claim?

Aiyelala! ! ! ! ! ! !

Jesu Christi + 7 (smashes egg on ya head)

Where is my Sutana?

Prayers are needed.

Ifa, Ifa, Ifa. Lo ru ko Shango. Lo ru ko Ogun.

How dare you tell this type of manifest lie?
Are you lying on behalf of Yahweh?
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by taurus25(m): 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2016
raphieMontella:

you do not know the curse you are bringing upon yyourself...
My God will strike you dead...
He will drown you like he did to those sinners in noah's days...
Watch and see

My broda tell him ooo. God loves him, so much that he plans to burn him for eternity(cosmic scale eternity). If that is not the greatest, purest form of love imaginable, then i dont know what is.

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by Immorttal: 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2016
johnydon22:

Boss na mistake io... just remove october and put Nov
oh,. Thought its oncoming Dec. Was even planning to attend. How was the show Sir? Any audios or videos?
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by johnydon22(m): 4:40pm On Nov 10, 2016
I have corrected the details.
Date: 10th November 2016 Venue: Golden Toast Restaurant Independence Layout, Enugu. Time: 6pm
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by johnydon22(m): 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2016
Immorttal:
oh,. Thought its oncoming Dec. Was even planning to attend. How was the show Sir? Any audios or videos?

6pm bro, i am still in my house now but will go out soon probably 5:30pm
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by 4kings: 4:44pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeepSight:

Aiyelala! ! ! ! ! ! !

Jesu Christi + 7 (smashes egg on ya head)

Where is my Sutana?

Prayers are needed.

Ifa, Ifa, Ifa. Lo ru ko Shango. Lo ru ko Ogun.

How dare you tell this type of manifest lie?
Are you lying on behalf of Yahweh?
I'm not surprised, the devil always implant wrong interpretations into the minds of men.
You are to have the mind of Christ to understand the mysteries of the Kingdom (1corinthians 2:16)
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2016
4kings:

I'm not surprised, the devil always implant wrong interpretations into the minds of men.
You are to have the mind of Christ to understand the mysteries of the Kingdom (1corinthians 2:16)

Will you shut up! You hypocritical deceptive agent of confusion! How dare you!
There is no such thing as the devil - in fact I take that back: you are the devil: you are a rat, and you are the devil.

What is the mind of Christ?

And did you mean the misery of the kingdom?
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by raphieMontella: 4:53pm On Nov 10, 2016
taurus25:

My broda tell him ooo. God loves him, so much that he plans to burn him for eternity(cosmic scale eternity). If that is not the greatest, purest form of love imaginable, then i dont know what is.
if thats not the definition of love...
I dont know what else can be..
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by Rilwayne001: 4:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
johnydon22:

Jesus sorry i mean 10th November which is today... ewooo i no even notice say na november we deh again..!!!

You need to stop the rate at which you drink burukutu. grin

My 2 kobo actually wink
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by 4kings: 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeepSight:

Will you shut up! You hypocritical deceptive agent of confusion! How dare you!
There is no such thing as the devil - in fact I take that back: you are the devil: you are a rat, and you are the devil.
No wonder the Lord says; "My people perish because of lack of Knowledge"

What is the mind of Christ?
For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.
This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.
However, as it is written, these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit, because we have the Mind of Christ
(1corinthians 2)

And did you mean the misery of the kingdom?
O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart. (proverbs 8:5)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Some People Like Sitting Behind In Church? / Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? / Don Moen Is Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.