Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] (9081 Views)

Does God Exist? A Debate / Expose About Israel And Palestine - What You Need To Know Before Taking Sides / Solid Proof: God Exist And He Is Very Real. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by 4kings: 8:40am On Nov 10, 2016
wiegraf:

You aren't answering the question I'm asking
Ok, It would be illogical to be assertive that the universe is not a simulation.
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by honourhim: 10:03am On Nov 10, 2016
Wilgrea7:
I'll play the atheist

ok

i don't believe God exists... i will reject all evidence i see no mater how logical it is... the dna is the starting point of life which came from nothing and completely programmed itself... nothing has the tendency to create something out with order. all we see is the physical and there is nothing like spiritual... just your mind playing tricks on you.. there is nothing like miracles even if i were to see one live... I'm too dumb... i mean.. wise to be fooled by tricks. i don't believe in supernatural planes and all who believe in a sort of deity are deluded or religiously blinded... no amount of proof will make me believe.. they're all lies according to me

Hahahahahahaha... Nsogbu dikwa o. You just represented them so well.
.Daalu kwa.
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by honourhim: 10:15am On Nov 10, 2016
sonmvayina:
I really dont know where to argue from..i believe in a higher power that is responsible for both good and evil from mans perspective..this higher power is not a man so it cant tell if an act is good or evil,, that was why i was furnished with a brain so i can make practical and logical decision in whatever situation i find myself..

My contributuon to this debate therefore, is that: since this power those not have a mouth to talk or hand to move things..it might just be nature at work. And no higher power or God..

Your so called higher power gave you a brain to think while "it" doesn't think,? U people are just deceiving yourselves.
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by sonmvayina(m): 10:28am On Nov 10, 2016
honourhim:

Your so called higher power gave you a brain to think while "it" doesn't think,? U people are just deceiving yourselves.

that is why i have the brain..i think and it does what i tell it to do...my wish is his command..if you are my enemy, if i tell it to kill you...it will whether you give your life to jebus or not......
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by taurus25(m): 10:30am On Nov 10, 2016
As a theist, i think dna, brain, blood, eyes etc is a perfect proof of Gods existence. What do you guys think.?
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by honourhim: 10:49am On Nov 10, 2016
sonmvayina:

that is why i have the brain..i think and it does what i tell it to do...my wish is his command..if you are my enemy, if i tell it to kill you...it will whether you give your life to jebus or not......

Ok you ve just confirmed that you are one those fools that believe that an "it" created them. Continue with your madness.
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by sonmvayina(m): 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2016
honourhim:

Ok you ve just confirmed that you are one those fools that believe that an "it" created them. Continue with your madness.

so you think God is a man(He).,,,i pity you..God is neither a he nor a she...so the most appropriate is "it"...only humans have a well developed brain that can tell right from wrong..God cant..
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 2:32pm On Nov 10, 2016
wiegraf:

If the universe were a simulation it could be rigged in a way that we'd never be able to determine its origin, but that's besides the (immediate) point

Simply: wouldn't it be illogical to assume this universe isn't a simulation given the odds in the scenario I gave above?

Na confirmento simulation.

I do tire for the simulation sef, but I don't relish suicide.
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by 4kings: 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2016
sonmvayina:

so you think God is a man(He).,,,i pity you..God is neither a he nor a she...so the most appropriate is "it"...only humans have a well developed brain that can tell right from wrong..God cant..
@bolded,
What's your reason for this?
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2016
johnydon22:
I have been going over this board from day to day without really contributing, reason because most of the topics are either irrelevant to me [doesn't concern or tickles my curiosity] or it is simply cliche - something i have gone over time and again during my "very active days"

So it all seem boring and uninteresting to me and i yearn for some fun here at least something intellectually, philosophically challenging.

I remember as a kid in primary 6 i always thought teachers to be more important than Doctors, i still do actually but during our school debate my teacher made me argue for Doctors.

Which brings me to the purpose of this thread, lets for once leave our comfort normal zone and argue from opposite perspective than we normally do - lets swap role.

The debate is

Does God exist?

The idea is that someone who do not believe in God would swap role and argue that God exists with his points and same Goes for someone who hold a belief in Gods - lets see how well we do it out of our comfort zone wink

This is sorely an intellectual exercise, just to do something differently for fun - so arguing for God or opposite does not affect or change your default position..

To start - first state your default position and then state the position you'd argue for in this thread..

I'm hoping to have real fun here!!!

For the people in Enugu, there is a live debate by thinkers Pub hosted by MrAnony on this same topic [Does God exist?], i will debate live on that day [As an atheist this time cheesy]

If you'd like to see me argue live and get to see a smashing debate, you are free to come and watch.

Date : 10th October 2016
Venue: Golden Toast Restaurant independence Layout Enugu
Time: 6pm prompt]

What nonsense is this? ? ? ? ? How dare you open such a ridiculous thread? You intend to play intellectual games with real issues? Do you think life is a reality show in much the same way as the US presidential election was simply a reality show for fun for Doughnut Jickhead Bump? I really don't know what is wrong with you children of nowadays!

You should be more interested in teaching people the plain truth: namely that God does not exist!

Think about it, the evidence is legion. The very painful truth is that we - each and every one of us, are simply very little tiny mammalian creatures - animals who happen to be living in a very tiny and insignificant planet - which we have named earth. There is not much difference between us and most other animals - we do exactly the same things that they all do to subsist: we eat other living things such as plants and animals for energy, we sleep, we copulate and have children, we pass physical waste - faeces and urine - and even a rat or a dog does all these things. The very painful truth is that for all our imagined intellect we are not much better than any of these creatures. In fact creatures like ants are probably far more advanced in their social engineering than we will ever be!

In addition to this, our lives are generally short, pathetic, painful and full of tragedies, diseases, disabilities of very repulsive nature many of which are genetic and exist from birth. If you have ever been to a hospital or mortuary you will understand this!

We are a tiny disgusting specie whose existence is harmful for the earth itself, but then to comfort ourselves we then invent the idea of God! What kind of miserable God is this which creates living beings who can only survive if they eat up other living beings - animals and plants? If you study the ruthless nature of wildlife and how a snake will eat a snake and a frog will eat a frog - how hyenas will attack a zebra and start eating him up even when he is not dead at all yet - you will see just how mercenary this world is: and humans are the ultimate mercenary creature. What kind of God creates such a miserable world, not to talk about then decreeing that we are born sinners and need belief in some odd dead creature which was one of us in order to have a better life at heaven knows where? It is a sham.

I don't even know why people like having children. It is a very evil thing to do. Why should anyone participate in bringing an another being into this nasty horrible world? Is that not wickedness? ? ? ? ?

Please: I will return to this topic later and show complete evidence that no such thing as God exists: it is a hoax: and the biggest one of all time: as such please do not annoy me by opening playful threads such as this: for God does not exist - and you should spend more time adjuring people to accept that evident fact!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by hahn(m): 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
sonmvayina:

Finally! Someone understands! grin
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:53pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeepSight:

What nonsense is this? ? ? ? ? How dare you open such a ridiculous thread? You intend to play intellectual games with real issues? Do you think life is a reality show in much the same way as the US presidential election was simply a reality show for fun for Doughnut Jickhead Bump? I really don't know what is wrong with you children of nowadays!

You should be more interested in teaching people the plain truth: namely that God does not exist!

Think about it, the evidence is legion. The very painful truth is that we - each and every one of us, are simply very little tiny mammalian creatures - animals who happen to be living in a very tiny and insignificant planet - which we have named earth. There is not much difference between us and most other animals - we do exactly the same things that they all do to subsist: we eat other living things such as plants and animals for energy, we sleep, we copulate and have children, we pass physical waste - faeces and urine - and even a rat or a dog does all these things. The very painful truth is that for all our imagined intellect we are not much better than any of these creatures. In fact creatures like ants are probably far more advanced in their social engineering than we will ever be!

In addition to this, our lives are generally short, pathetic, painful and full of tragedies, diseases, disabilities of very repulsive nature many of which are genetic and exist from birth. If you have ever been to a hospital or mortuary you will understand this!

We are a tiny disgusting specie whose existence is harmful for the earth itself, but then to comfort ourselves we then invent the idea of God! What kind of miserable God is this which creates life who can only survive if the eat up other living beings - animals and plants? If you study the ruthless nature of wildlife and how a snake will eat a snake and a frog will eat a frog - how hyenas will attach a zebra and start eating him up even when he is not dead at all yet - you will see just how mercenary this world is: and human are the ultimate mercenary creature. What kind of God creates such a miserable world, not to talk about then decreeing that we are born sinners and need belief in some odd dead creature which was one of us in order to have a better life at heaven knows where? It is a sham.

I don't even know why people like having children. It is a very evil thing to do. Why should anyone participate in bringing an another being into this nasty horrible world? Is that not wickedness? ? ? ? ?

Please: I will return to this topic later and show complete evidence that no such thing as God exists: it is a hoax: and the biggest one of all time: as such please do not annoy me by opening playful threads such as this: for God does not exist - and you should spend more time adjuring people to accept that evident fact!

@ Emboldened text

Plaetton once compared humans' intelligence to rats'

https://www.nairaland.com/2152446/much-ado-human-intelligence-rat
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:53pm On Nov 10, 2016
taurus25:
As a theist, i think dna, brain, blood, eyes etc is a perfect proof of Gods existence. What do you guys think.?

Everything that exists serves as evidence for God . Without The Supreme Being , nothing will exist wink

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Everything that exists serves as evidence for God . Without The Supreme Being , nothing will exist wink

Shut up! How dare you? ? ?

What evidence are you talking about?

The evidence of a mercenary world with little accidental and deformed mercenary creatures eating up one another as evidence for God? ? ?

How does that prove that God exists, tell me.

God does not exist: cram that into your mind sir.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 2:59pm On Nov 10, 2016
honourhim:

Don't mind them!

God does not exist. They should cram that into their heads.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

@ Emboldened text

Plaetton once compared humans' intelligence to rats'

https://www.nairaland.com/2152446/much-ado-human-intelligence-rat

The very painful truth which you will find very very hard to digest is that we are indeed just very large rats more evolved than the common house mouse. Have you ever looked closely at your palms? Go and look at the feet of a mouse. Have you ever wondered why most tests on new medicines are conducted with mice first? It is because their entire organic make up and metabolism is very similar to ours!

Wake up to the painful reality: you are a rat.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by johnydon22(m): 3:03pm On Nov 10, 2016
This is going well - lots of sarcasm though but still going well... smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 3:08pm On Nov 10, 2016
johnydon22:
This is going well - lots of sarcasm though but still going well... smiley

Are you crazy?

What do you mean by this? ? ? ?

I have told you to adjure people of the truth: God does not exist.

We are rats. You are a rat, I am also a rat.

But a very large rat that may eat you up thus be careful.

Do you remember Sugar Candy Mountain in the book - Animal Farm by George Orwell? That is what heaven is. It is a hoax.

Now, perhaps I will devote myself more to the philosophical arguments that show that God does not exist.

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by hahn(m): 3:13pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeepSight:

The very painful truth which you will find very very hard to digest is that we are indeed just very large rats more evolved than the common house mouse. Have you ever looked closely at your palms? Go and look at the feet of a mouse. Have you ever wondered why most tests on new medicines are conducted with mice first? It is because their entire organic make up and metabolism is very similar to ours!

Wake up to the painful reality: you are a rat.

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 3:19pm On Nov 10, 2016
hahn:

I am not happy if you attempt to trivialize my point:

We are rats, and it is high time we understand and accept this ratism, the truth that we are rats. A generally hairless rat, which strangely has hair only on its head and sometimes its chest and then in its despicable se.xual area.

What a nasty rat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by Rilwayne001: 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2016
johnydon22:
I h

Date : 10th October 2016
[/color]

angry
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by sonmvayina(m): 3:33pm On Nov 10, 2016
4kings:

@bolded,
What's your reason for this?

From all the religious book...but most importantly from observation and experience..remember God sent a flood to kill both the innocent children and guilty adults..
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2016
sonmvayina:

From all the religious book...but most importantly from observation and experience..remember God sent a flood to kill both the innocent children and guilty adults..

Aside from ordering genocide, amputation of limbs, stonings to death for ludicrous reasons, commanding human sacrifice on at least two occassions: sacrifices of human blood that he alleged will satisfy his anger about human sins. . . . . . .

What a nasty rat.
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by hahn(m): 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeepSight:

I am not happy if you attempt to trivialize my point:

We are rats, and it is high time we understand and accept this ratism, the truth that we are rats. A generally hairless rat, which strangely has hair only on its head and sometimes its chest and then in its despicable se.xual area.

What a nasty rat.

The way you put it was funny. I am well aware that we are animals

Chill smiley

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by 4kings: 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2016
sonmvayina:

How can u base your assertion on a "book", that is either logically flawed or not literal(as most people say)?
And what sort of observations and "experiences" are you talking about?
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 3:39pm On Nov 10, 2016
hahn:

The way you put it was funny. I am well aware that we are animals

Chill smiley

There is nothing funny about it: subscribe to ratism today and preach it.

Ratism is real, brother rat, since you know it, let's educate more rats on it: and take over the world!
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by hahn(m): 3:42pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeepSight:

There is nothing funny about it: subscribe to ratism today and preach it.

Ratism is real, brother rat, since you know it, let's educate more rats on it: and take over the world!

Okay Pinky cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 3:44pm On Nov 10, 2016
hahn:

Okay Pinky cheesy grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Really loved that classic back in the day
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by hahn(m): 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2016
DeepSight:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Really loved that classic back in the day

Still love it till today. Made more sense than the stories in the bible

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by raphieMontella: 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2016
@deepsight
why would anyone say that God doesnt exist..
Why would anyone deny reality and say the universe wasnt created?
The big bang shows that the universe had a beginning..
My bible..the unadulterated word of God says in
Gen 1:1----''In the beginning''--God created the heavens and the earth..
In Gen 1:3 it says---God said ''let there be light''...the bigbang is not possible without light(EM)...
It goes on and on and gives accurate details about the universe in accordance with modern science..
Then God created man...and his cohort a wo-man...man wasnt created to die....but today man dies because of the fvcking snake who lied to eve and she ate the fruit which god commmanded her not to which he put in their Garden...but My never failing God had a backup plan..----Jesus...
So he sent his son who is God also to die for you and I so that the sin of our ancestor ''Adam'' which condemned all of mankind unconditionally(Romans 5:15-18) which hinders us from eternal life..will be lifted up..
Why cant you believe Jesus died for your sins?
Are you not a sinner?
Or do you just hate the almighty God?
all you have to do is accept jesus as your personal saviour and believe he died for your sins..if you dont..you wont gain heaven and you will be cast into hell..with satan..
He does not want and doesnt send you to hell..you choose to go to hell by yourself...
He cannot force you to worship him...even though he did in psalm 78
why do you hate God so much? Is it because atheism is a form of satanism?
Deepsight the devil is using you..your eyes cant see it..only spiritual eyes can...
Dont worry i will pray for you who doesnt believe..even tho there are kids and people out there who believe and die of hunger whom i should pray for..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by DeepSight(m): 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2016
hahn:

Still love it till today. Made more sense than the stories in the bible

Lol

Okay. . . .

But which stories in the bible do you find most annoying?

I will start with mine -

1. Abraham asked to kill his son Isaac in order to show faith

2. Ananias and Saphirah: fall down and die because you donate a part of your own earnings to the church.
Re: Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides] by sonmvayina(m): 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2016
4kings:

How can u base your assertion on a "book", that is either logically flawed or not literal(as most people say)?
And what sort of observations and "experiences" are you talking about?

yes...with God there is nothing like logic..you are the one who has to apply logic to save yourself..it is called the principles of duality..that is from mans perspective..the fact our brain can distinguish 2 different sctions or experiences those not mean 2 powers are at play..God those not experence it. To God, good is evil, evil is good, hot is cold, cold is hot, up is down, down is up. day is night night is day..to us humans, one exist with reference to the other...but to God they are the same...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? / The Head Of Goliath Discorved By A German Archeologist, Dr Martin. / Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.