Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636563 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 4:39am On Mar 13, 2020
Excel70:

Dr . I always feel waist back pain at my lower back immediately after consuming sugary stuff like soft drinks and cake. I can't even put sugar in food. I know too much sugar consumption is not good but my body should be able to tolerate a bit of it.
What can cause and how can I stop it
But the food you eat are staples of carbs which eventually will break down into molecules of sugar during digestive process. How do you come to observe this? Does this happen with only soft drinks and cakes? Has anyone within your family lineage complaint of this before?
Have you check your Fasting blood glucose?
Age?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Excel70: 8:42am On Mar 13, 2020
2Ballz:

But the food you eat are staples of carbs which eventually will break down into molecules of sugar during digestive process. How do you come to observe this? Does this happen with only soft drinks and cakes? Has anyone within your family lineage complaint of this before?
Have you check your Fasting blood glucose?
Age?
Yes it happen with soft drinks cakes and when I put raw sugar in food e.g pap. I don't experience this when I eat food rich in carbohydrate like Eva or fufu
No one has complained in my family
Yes my fasting blood sugar was within normal limit 72
Age is 24
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 3:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
Excel70:

Yes it happen with soft drinks cakes and when I put raw sugar in food e.g pap. I don't experience this when I eat food rich in carbohydrate like Eva or fufu
No one has complained in my family
Yes my fasting blood sugar was within normal limit 72
Age is 24
Can I know if you:
1. Smoke ?
2. Consume alcohol in any bases?
3. Consume any kind of body stimulatory substances?
4.Obese?
5. Have done any surgery?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Excel70: 3:35pm On Mar 13, 2020
2Ballz:

Can I know if you:
1. Smoke ?
2. Consume alcohol in any bases?
3. Consume any kind of body stimulatory substances?
4.Obese?
5. Have done any surgery?
All the answers to the above is no
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2020
Excel70:

All the answers to the above is no
Alright. I really can't put any special cause to your waist pain right now. But you may need to know that certain food can wake up or induce allergy or inflammation in some individuals. I would advised you stayed off in amount those certain food that you have pinpointed in causing this discomfort till a possible sign or symptoms happens for a durable diagnosis. For the time being, stay healthy.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Excel70: 4:02pm On Mar 13, 2020
2Ballz:

Alright. I really can't put any special cause to your waist pain right now. But you may need to know that certain food can wake up or induce allergy or inflammation in some individuals. I would advised you stayed off in amount those certain food that you have pinpointed in causing this discomfort till a possible sign or symptoms happens for a durable diagnosis. For the time being, stay healthy.
Let me add when I drink bitter leaf juice. The pain disappear immediately but it will still reoccur when I take any of the aforementioned food
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by travelinfo: 4:26pm On Mar 13, 2020
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 13, 2020
Gud evenin doc sir. Ai am hvin a burning stomach. It is burning inside nd also hot outside. Plus Ai notice saliva build up in mouth plus hot body nd sensation allover. Cud dis be ulcer?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Slinkspec: 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2020
please has anybody used these drugs before? did it help? I wanna buy and used, so I need to know please

2 Likes

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:45am On Mar 15, 2020
Peakyblinder:
Gud evenin doc sir. Ai am hvin a burning stomach. It is burning inside nd also hot outside. Plus Ai notice saliva build up in mouth plus hot body nd sensation allover. Cud dis be ulcer?
I have advised you formerly to seek a physical doctor's help on your health with reasons rendered. And please, stop writing "ai" in place of "i",it makes your presentation looks unserious. This is an health thread, a proper presentation in every form is expected from the doctor and the patient as well.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:50am On Mar 15, 2020
Slinkspec:
please has anybody used these drugs before? did it help? I wanna buy and used, so I need to know please
You may try and use. I have requested it use for some men sometimes and the feedback was okay. It is a matter of trial.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 15, 2020
2Ballz:

I have advised you formerly to seek a physical doctor's help on your health with reasons rendered. And please, stop writing "ai" in place of "i",it makes your presentation looks unserious. This is an health thread, a proper presentation in every form is expected from the doctor and the patient as well.
Okay sir sorry about that. I will seek a doctors help. Thank you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 8:15am On Mar 15, 2020
travelinfo:

Hello Doctor, please what's the best test to know how well the functions of internal organs like liver, kidney, intestines etc Does full abdominal scam ideal to know functions of these organs? I don't have any pain in stocmach or any problem with my stomach presently but I just wanna give myself thorough examination to be on safer side after what I experienced not too long and taking lots of medication (although based on doctors recommendation). Knowing ones health status helps a lot as there are some times there will be no sign but disease/infection will be present in the body. Kindly let me know if full abdominal ultrasound is enough to detect health & how well function one's liver, stomach, bladder, kidney and other internal organs but if otherwise kindly let me know correct test for each organ to know how well they are. I've done hepatitis test in the past which shows non reactive and I learnt it's for liver functions.

Thank you
The use of scan is not enough to claim wellness to an organ in a body. Scan is merely useful to detect anatomical or morphologic changes coming from the bases of diseases or iatrogenesis. Therefore, it is just a part of normal health procedure to detect some level of wellness in the whole.
It is not encouraged to trip down in doing all the common or known tests and scans on your organs without a doctor's advice as some are really not necessary and some are even costly to do and not to forget that some can predisposed the patient to some certain problems. So, I will not go into my brain to post procedures for you to do yourself. If you think you have problem with your health, discus this with a doctor and what to do will be directed to you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Dfynboi: 11:06am On Mar 17, 2020
want to appreciate d effort of d docs on d job they re doing here,tanz a ton...pls any drugs or medicine dt i cn use to cure staph without it re-occuring??
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 4:23pm On Mar 18, 2020
Dfynboi:
want to appreciate d effort of d docs on d job they re doing here,tanz a ton...pls any drugs or medicine dt i cn use to cure staph without it re-occuring??

We won't do you well by prescribing or suggesting antibiotics for your staphylococcal infection without a confirmation of its strain on culture/biochemical reaction none test of susceptibility done. You may need to present before us a culture test done and the respective sensitivity written before we can help you on this.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Dfynboi: 9:04pm On Mar 18, 2020
Blood Culture: Yielded Severe Growth Of Staphylococuss Aureus After 7days Of Incubation @37*c Sensitivity: Rocephin+++,ciprofloxacin++,gentamycin++,pefloxacin++,ampliclox++,septrin+, dts wt is in d test result.?.hv taken ciprotab,augmentin bt i only felt better 4 some times bt it latter came bk again
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 18, 2020
Dfynboi:
Blood Culture: Yielded Severe Growth Of Staphylococuss Aureus After 7days Of Incubation @37*c Sensitivity: Rocephin+++,ciprofloxacin++,gentamycin++,pefloxacin++,ampliclox++,septrin+, dts wt is in d test result.?.hv taken ciprotab,augmentin bt i only felt better 4 some times bt it latter came bk again
Good evening. I know this isn't the response you were waiting for. I believe you'll get your desired response from the Doc soon. But what were your symptoms?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 10:32am On Mar 19, 2020
Dfynboi:
What are your signs and symptoms?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Dfynboi: 11:23am On Mar 19, 2020
first i had frequent urination bt after using augmentin it stopped,den again i had sometin lyk blisters inside my palm and also internal heating
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by CSTR2: 3:26pm On Mar 19, 2020
I took a lot of antibiotics like Cipro tab late last year because I was having pains all over my body including my chest, including fever and internal burning heat in my chest and stomach region. and I assumed it was infection.

The last antibiotic I took was augmentin and I discovered that after finishing it, I started to scratch under my legs, with significant weakness in my leg region and tingling in my hands and feet and dizziness that comes and go.

The heart burn and fever get worse at night with serious sweating and lose of appetite.
I have also been taking antacids .

Though the fever subside in the afternoon but get worse at night.
I have taken anti malaria drugs to no avail.

I did PCV test, and It was 41% which was very good.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:27am On Mar 20, 2020
CSTR2:
I took a lot of antibiotics like Cipro tab late last year because I was having pains all over my body including my chest, including fever and internal burning heat in my chest and stomach region. and I assumed it was infection.

The last antibiotic I took was augmentin and I discovered that after finishing it, I started to scratch under my legs, with significant weakness in my leg region and tingling in my hands and feet and dizziness that comes and go.

The heart burn and fever get worse at night with serious sweating and lose of appetite.
I have also been taking antacids .

Though the fever subside in the afternoon but get worse at night.
I have taken anti malaria drugs to no avail.

I did PCV test, and It was 41% which was very good.

For the now after serving round many medications, what are your present signs and symptoms?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:34am On Mar 20, 2020
Dfynboi:
first i had frequent urination bt after using augmentin it stopped,den again i had sometin lyk blisters inside my palm and also internal heating

Please kindly observe yourself again, and confirm
the above you posted.
Also, I would want to know how long this blister-like papules have been on your palm?
Does it come with itching?
Is it only located on your palm?
Does it come with pains anywhere and on the palm exclusively?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by CSTR2: 7:55am On Mar 20, 2020
2Ballz:

For the now after serving round many medications, what are your present signs and symptoms?
I went to see a doctor. He gave antibiotics injection for three days.
The fever has subsided significantly, but the weakness and joint pain in leg and the stomach hot discomfort that comes and go.

Also doctor, Yesterday, when the nurse administered the two antibiotics to me, she dropped the one of the used syringe that had no needle on the small metal tray and my residual blood from the needle-less syringe splashed on the Tray.
She took a cotton wool, cleaned the blood thoroughly from the tray and then used the same cotton wool to stop my wound.

I was furious, because I assumed that metal tray could be harbouring dried blood of past users. And I know most of these blood borne viruses survive for quite a while.

Has she exposed me to hepatitis B and C and HIV, or am I being paranoid. ?

Thanks for your time.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Dfynboi: 9:25am On Mar 20, 2020
had d blisters only on my palms with no itching,d symptoms has cleared after using antiboitics,jst having internal heating for nw
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Dfynboi: 9:27am On Mar 20, 2020
also i do feel pain in d chest
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 3:12pm On Mar 20, 2020
Dfynboi:
had d blisters only on my palms with no itching,d symptoms has cleared after using antiboitics,jst having internal heating for nw
Go and have a normal dosage shot(for adult) of Rocephin. Just once. Use 250mg of Ampiclox for 7days,morning and evening.

Should you have any serious side effect, kindly stop medication or you can call me or whatsapp me or use the nearest clinic around for support.
I would also want to know if this chest pain of yours improves after treatment. So, after the treatment kindly write me to sit on the chest pain properly if at all it is still felt after treatment.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2020
CSTR2:

I went to see a doctor. He gave antibiotics injection for three days.
The fever has subsided significantly, but the weakness and joint pain in leg and the stomach hot discomfort that comes and go.

Also doctor, Yesterday, when the nurse administered the two antibiotics to me, she dropped the one of the used syringe that had no needle on the small metal tray and my residual blood from the needle-less syringe splashed on the Tray.
She took a cotton wool, cleaned the blood thoroughly from the tray and then used the same cotton wool to stop my wound.

I was furious, because I assumed that metal tray could be harbouring dried blood of past users. And I know most of these blood borne viruses survive for quite a while.

Has she exposed me to hepatitis B and C and HIV, or am I being paranoid. ?

Thanks for your time.

I do believe you health condition is improving from your first paragraph. Please stick to treatment and duration given to it.

It is enough to be paranoid. It is good to see you have a great sense of how a nurse should have her duty done too. I would in her place have you that it wasn't intentional but automatism,though it is true that a sticky cotton can pick up causative agents to most conditions. But for the time she had it on rubbed which I guess may not be too great, there are good chances that she might not have passed something into you. But then, we will advice that you monitor yourself closely for symptoms not common with you for the present and the next 2-3weeks to be assured if anything has gone wrong. Please call the doctors for help if you have more serious complaint.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by CSTR2: 4:33pm On Mar 20, 2020
2Ballz:

I do believe you health condition is improving from your first paragraph. Please stick to treatment and duration given to it.

It is enough to be paranoid. It is good to see you have a great sense of how a nurse should have her duty done too. I would in her place have you that it wasn't intentional but automatism,though it is true that a sticky cotton can pick up causative agents to most conditions. But for the time she had it on rubbed which I guess may not be too great, there are good chances that she might not have passed something into you. But then, we will advice that you monitor yourself closely for symptoms not common with you for the present and the next 2-3weeks to be assured if anything has gone wrong. Please call the doctors for help if you have more serious complaint.
I went to speak with the Doctor Who owns the private hospital.

He assured me that the metal tray is sterilised with jik for twenty minutes after each patient has used it and that he has instituted strict procedures when blood is involved.

So I am calm for now, but I will keep checking for any body changes.

I just hope my anxiety does not manufacture its own symptoms.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by littleguy444: 4:49pm On Mar 20, 2020
Good afternoon Doc. I am diagnosed with chronic hepatitis B my viral load is said to be very high and my liver function test is normal I was told by the doctor to go and do a liver biopsy but the problem now is that I am very broke I have spent a lot already I cannot even say when I will be able to go back there due to lack of fund please what can I do ? I am 22 years of age.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:39am On Mar 21, 2020
littleguy444:
Good afternoon Doc. I am diagnosed with chronic hepatitis B my viral load is said to be very high and my liver function test is normal I was told by the doctor to go and do a liver biopsy but the problem now is that I am very broke I have spent a lot already I cannot even say when I will be able to go back there due to lack of fund please what can I do ? I am 22 years of age.

I don't understand your question. what can you do?
As in? or, as how? Can you just open it better?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by littleguy444: 1:37pm On Mar 21, 2020
2Ballz:

I don't understand your question. what can you do?
As in? or, as how? Can you just open it better?
as in I am very afraid because of the complications and I don't have money to pay for the medical check-up do you have any advice for me
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mofetemi(m): 4:59pm On Mar 21, 2020
Hi doc. What can be done if one is having feeling like food or something is stuck in her throat/food pipe/esophagus?

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.