Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (635153 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 5p1naz(m): 10:15am On Jul 22, 2010
yea i guess its the ibotan thing. . . . i would check out the medi ation at a pharmacy n kip u updated . . . .
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by moi2(f): 10:22am On Jul 22, 2010
Surgeon, thanks for your work on this thread.
Please an infant has an undescended testicle, do you know of any reputable urologist or surgeon in Lagos we can refer him to, he is about 7 months old.
Thank you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2010
moi2:

Surgeon, thanks for your work on this thread.
Please an infant has an undescended testicle, do you know of any reputable urologist or surgeon in Lagos we can refer him to, he is about 7 months old.
Thank you

A 7 month old with Undescended Testes would need a Paediatrics Surgeon to handle the case. I am pretty sure that through your doctor, you will get the right referral.

As a rule I cannot use this medium to recommend whomever, but I assure you that without much effort, you'll get a Paediatrics Surgeon - you could insist though that you want to see a Consultant Paediatrics Surgeon, different from a Resident in training.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by moi2(f): 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2010
ok thanks surgeon.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dgail: 10:08pm On Jul 22, 2010
Hello doctor i have a chanllenge remembering what i read, what do you think i can do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 9:41am On Jul 23, 2010
@dgail

Most people averagely need to read something several times over to be able to reproduce back the data. Each repeated reading reinforces the memory previously stored, especially when you ensure that you understand the basics of the topic at hand.

Another thing that helps is being naturally interested in the subject matter that you have read. The more you have natural interest, the more you are likely to grasp and retain the basic principles, etc. Hope this is helpful.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by barakah(m): 11:36am On Jul 24, 2010
Please i need advice urgently.
I did an SFA recently at a laboratory on my Doctor's advice.
Moderate growth of Staph was discovered in my semen and the analysis also showed that :-

the motility was low,
the pH was 8
the count was 1:4 which is rather low.

I have since been treating the Staph since the doctor said it was killing my sperm cells.
What more can i do to stop this abnormality and increase my chances of fathering a child?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by matoyeh(m): 10:30am On Jul 26, 2010
My girl friend traveled to Plateau State for hepatitise B treatment and she said it has been cured completely. She told me this after I had a kiss with her
Somebody help me, is it curable ?
and even if it is curable, cant i contact it from her?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by hasyak(m): 12:25pm On Jul 26, 2010
just want to say a big thank you to all the doc's here, that have taken time to give advices to all FOC. may your a action be a blessing to all.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2010
matoyeh:

My girl friend traveled to Plateau State for hepatitise B treatment and she said it has been cured completely. She told me this after I had a kiss with her
Somebody help me, is it curable ?
and even if it is curable, cant i contact it from her?
Go do test, if negative, then take vaccine.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 1:59pm On Jul 26, 2010
@barakah

The reason for the poor SFA result is NOT likely due to Staphylococcus. Staphylococcus is a regular commensal found in and on the human body usually without causing harm, and hence is a likely contaminant of many laboratory culture results.

Your doctor has not yet found the cause of your low SFA; it is not Staph. I suggest he refers you to a Urologist.

@matoyeh

Hepatitis is curable. Non of the strains of the Hepatitis virus A, B or C, can be transmitted through kissing. So, you are safe.

@hasyak

You are most welcome.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by matoyeh(m): 2:19pm On Jul 26, 2010
grin Thanks alot dr.
but i was scared because on google, i learnt that, 80% of this is not curable and is contagious via saliva too. shocked
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Okorobo: 10:35am On Jul 27, 2010
Hello doc,im addicted 2 bitter kola(orogbo) sumtimes i ate up to 10 in a day.Does it have any side effect? Pls i nid 2 knw.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Okorobo: 10:38am On Jul 27, 2010
Hello doc,im addicted 2 bitter kola(orogbo) sumtimes i ate up to 10 in a day.Does it have any side effect? Pls i nid 2 knw.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 6:23pm On Jul 27, 2010
@okorobo

I suspect that eating bitter kola up to 10 a day might not necessarily produce any serious side effects.

However, a word of caution, as in many things, moderation is key.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by barakah(m): 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2010
@barakah

The reason for the poor SFA result is NOT likely due to Staphylococcus. Staphylococcus is a regular commensal found in and on the human body usually without causing harm, and hence is a likely contaminant of many laboratory culture results.

Your doctor has not yet found the cause of your low SFA; it is not Staph. I suggest he refers you to a Urologist.

Surgeon,
Could my blood pressure therapy be the cause of my low SFA?
I've been on "Lisinopril" and "Athenolol" for a while now.
One of the side effects is weight gain and i read somewhere that it could also cause Oligospermia.
Besides, my Doctor belives it's good for a man my age.
If it affects fertility, could i stop it and look for an alternative for my blood pressure.
Then, i'll also get drugs to boost my SFA since am ready to start a family?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 10:53am On Aug 02, 2010
barakah:

Surgeon,
Could my blood pressure therapy be the cause of my low SFA?
I've been on "Lisinopril" and "Athenolol" for a while now.
One of the side effects is weight gain and i read somewhere that it could also cause Oligospermia.
Besides, my Doctor belives it's good for a man my age.
If it affects fertility, could i stop it and look for an alternative for my blood pressure.
Then, i'll also get drugs to boost my SFA since am ready to start a family?

If your doctor believes it's good for your age, why not first get him to defend his statement and sort out the conflicting variables.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ezec2009: 11:24am On Aug 03, 2010
Please assist me doctor,

I dont know what is wrong with my toe. I think I hit it on something sometime in June. I am not so sure. However, I noticed the the skin over there started peeling off. I thought it was going to heal but after 2 weeks it just continued. I had to visit a doctor who gave me tetanus injection and Brustan-N 400mg and Lincomycin 500mg to take. I finished the drugs and I clean the area with Methylated Spirit and Pencillin ointment 2 times everyday, but the peeling off is still continuing.

I dont know what to do again. Someone is suggesting I immerse the toe in kerosene or PMS (Petroleum Motor Spirit).

I am actually out of ideas and the stuff has just spread to the nail on the toe now.

This is the picture of how it looked by mid July. I will upload the recent pic as soon as I sort out the bluetooth problem with my system.

Many thanls for your assistance.

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 5:01pm On Aug 05, 2010
@ezec2009

Hi. Have you found a Dermatologist yet? This was my advice to you on the other thread.

Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) annex at Harvey Road, Yaba, used to run a Consultant Dermatology clinic and could very well still be running this.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 5p1naz(m): 5:49pm On Aug 05, 2010
5p1naz:

hey docs. . . , i'v g0t rashes all around my scrotum area, been scratching like hell, its been there for like 3weeks now. . . . . and no sign of it leaving anytime soon. . . . . . i used powder around the area even b4 it started just to keep this area from been damp but i still got the rash anyways. . . . i did a lilttle research online and noticed it could remain for up to 20 years. . . . . . . i don't want that for myself so please help. if u nid to send me a mail, my email is in my profile. thanks.

@surgeon. . . angry angry. you remeber this . angry angry . dont you??
your are therefore under e-arrest because it is an e-federal offence to help a br0va like me out of my mysteries. . . lmfao
you are such a life saver. . . i got a Clotrimazole cream, couldn't get the one you suggested but i got one anyways and i've been using 2ce a day. . seriously, no more scratching and no more rashes. . . like a black area like a scar left by the rashes. . . i'm still using anyways. . . thanks. . .

i am an architecture student in my 300 level, if there's anything you'd want me to do for you. . . im all here for you. . . . NO CHARGES. . . . tnks again doc
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by semid4lyfe(m): 9:07pm On Aug 05, 2010
Hi Docs,
Woke up this morning, stretched my arms while still lying on the bed and I felt something snap and a seering pain go thru' the right part of my chest simultaneously. Since then I've felt a pain on that part of my body. I've used ibuprofen orally and applied neurogesic methyl salicylate ointment but as I type I don't feel any relief. If anything, the pain is worse.

What could have caused my problem and what do you advice?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 12:22pm On Aug 06, 2010
@5p1naz

You are most e-welcome smiley Remember to keep-on for 6 weeks.

@semid4lyfe

I've replied you on the other thread.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bigboyh(m): 5:35pm On Aug 06, 2010
Doctor please i had genital warts, have gone for surgery but still remaining small. there is this cream that cures it but i don't know the name. please help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 5:52pm On Aug 06, 2010
@bigboyh

Podophylline ointment is the name. Be careful as it is corrosive to normal skin. Use a pin head to touch on the Warts little at a time, while protecting surrounding skin with petoleum jelly e.g. vaseline.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 5p1naz(m): 2:08pm On Aug 07, 2010
hi doc remember me again? another problem o, i just see these small small spots on different parts of my body and when i scratch it, it's like my skin is drying up or something. . . i dunno but its like im begining to have a dry sky or so. when i scratch any part of my body, it appears white. . . ok let me try to give you a clue, u know wen pap (ogi) pours and dries on your skin, you know how it looks? thats what i have all over my body. . . and my skin appears dry. . . help!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2010
@5p1naz

Have your bath as usual, throw on your clothes then go about your usual business - ignore it for a while and don't scratch. Let's do nothing for now and see where this is heading.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 5p1naz(m): 4:54pm On Aug 07, 2010
alrite surgeon, thanks. . . i'd do as you have said. . . and i'll keep you updated
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 07, 2010
hi doc,

Pls what can i do?

I'm suffering from premature ejaculation, weak erection and inability to go more than a round of sexual intercourse, at times, i don't feel tired after the first round but it always take me 5-6 hours to have another erection even though, the first round dosen't last more than 2-3 minutes.

I avoid sugary foods as much as possible, i can't remember how many years it has been i drank any soft drink yet the problem persists. Though, I have never use any medication since people keep telling me it's more of a psychological problem rather than pathological
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2010
@netsurf

Erection is involuntary. You can not will it. It responds to positive excitation stimuli of the sight, touch, smell, etc.

For polygamous/promiscous males, the fresh excitement of a "new-catch" will keep the pecker up especially as such men "hunt" at their own choosing and timing - what this means is that they choose their own moods and this helps the sexual response.

Married, monogamous-type relationships usually loose a bit of the sheen, the novelty, the excitement - talking purely sexual-response, here, and not devotion.

2 - 3 minute "first-round". This is average for most men, forget the boasts. Some men are gifted to last longer, no doubt.

A week erection at the "2nd round" is normal in most married men. In fact, most can not even manage a "2nd round", many even having sex as infrequently as once a month or longer truth

In the off chance that there might be a medical problem, check with a Urologist
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 09, 2010
thanks surgeon
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bigboyh(m): 10:39am On Aug 09, 2010
Thanks surgeon, i will check for the ointment in the pharmacist. what of collormark?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by barakah(m): 2:23pm On Aug 09, 2010
If your doctor believes it's good for your age, why not first get him to defend his statement and sort out the conflicting variables.

Surgeon, i actually meant to say my Doctor believes the drug isn't good for my age.
What can i use to neutralise its effect and boost my SFA?

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.