Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (635182 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by surgeon(m): 9:58pm On Nov 01, 2010
sammiy:

Pls doctors in d aus,inid urgent response,am 18+.firstly am alredy losing my hair,pls wat ican ido to save my hair & even boost my hair growth,secondly am short and want 2grow taller atlest abit.pls d loss of hair & lack of height is rily affecting my self confidence,pls help

I replied this before (above) but the spambots took it away for a while: My own little contribution on this is that you observe a healthy lifestyle as much as possible.

Nothing you can do, really, to increase your vertical growth. Just be who you are, bro.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by inze(m): 8:25am On Nov 02, 2010
@Doc in the house

For some months back now, i have been having difficulty sleeping(napping) in the afternoon, sometimes i get tired and feels sleepy but when i hit the couch or bed, i just lie there deceiving myself because it doesn't seem to come.

Some ppl would say its depression, thinking too much but hey, i can't think of anything bothering me or occupying my mind so much at all. Please i'll appreciate if there's more to this than it seems.

Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 1759(m): 11:46pm On Nov 04, 2010
Hi Doc, I don't know if this has been addressed before but I would like to know at what age is it advised to start taking annual comprehensive medical checkups. I would also like to know what specific tests one should take and what the test is supposed to tell about your state of health.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2010
Annual medical check ups depends on whether male or female. It also depends on your family circumstances. If a lot of your family have suffered from a certain disease important to have that checked up early and regularly. General check up starts about age 50. Black men are prone to prostate cancer so important to get that checked regularly. Hypertension common amongst nigerians so worth while getting your blood pressure checked. Check your family history and keep everything in moderation
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by drbigdaddyg(m): 11:17am On Nov 09, 2010
Please advise me on whether taking immunocal during chemotherapy can affect the effectiveness of the chemo and make the situation worse in a patient diagnosed with cervical cancer.

I need assistance on this please!

Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Abdulleeh: 5:16pm On Nov 09, 2010
@ dr. Doc am currently experiencin heavy eyes. My eye r alway heavy wit a feelin of sleepiness. I dont exacty feel dizzy, wot do i do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by fitnesswis: 6:55pm On Nov 09, 2010
do you have big Tommy? do you want to be able to run, jog and never get tired?
do you want to loose weight so fast for a job interview?
your help is here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-548175.0.html#msg7109921
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kurat: 12:05pm On Nov 10, 2010
after pregnancy my womanliness became loosen, i have came to know from my friends about the herbal therapy for feeling re-virgin in 3 days course. i have got their site detail which was www.virgintherapy.com

i want to know whether it will effective. Kindly let us know if any one has gone through that.
As it says there is no side effect. No. Surgery. No Oral Pills.

Just 3 days herbal course and then you will feel re-virgin again, and can obtain the pleasure.
Also its help M.C. to be in balance.

Regards.
K.E.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:37pm On Nov 10, 2010
Kurat, the internet offers all sorts of things. I am unsure what this herbal remedy is but one thing for certain it will make the sellers very rich!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:46pm On Nov 10, 2010
drbigdaddyg, I am going to assume the immunocal is not for you. I have just check on the internet about immunocal. It is mainly a glutathione supplement. Problems with over the counter medication is that they can interfere with the pharmacodynamics of any type of drug. Depends on how they get broken down with what is called the cytochrome system. Depends really on the chemotherapy drug that is being taken and whether its breakdown is on same CYP450
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by damipaul(m): 10:57am On Nov 12, 2010
Hello Doc, don't know if it's something I should worry about, I stool at the taste of sugar, I can't take tea with sugar, oats, drinks without stooling. Complained to a Doctor about it and he prescribed Tetracyclin. It stopped but resurfaces every time I take anything sugary. I'm scared I might not be taking enough sugar requirement for my system. I go everywhere now with the tetra. I take it anytime I start stooling. Scared the tetra could have an adverse effect. Pls advice. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mimi4real(f): 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2010
Does twins comes with 2 placenta? I want to know. pls reply me urgently
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by maureen456: 10:44am On Nov 16, 2010
PLS DOC I HAVE THIS PROBLEM WHICH I WANT YOU TO HELP ME IN SOLVING IT. THERE IS RED LIKE RASHES AND SPOTS ON MY AIMPITS,UNDER THE BREAST AND ALSO ON MY HIPS BESIDE MY VAGINA. I HAVE TRIED USING FUN BACT A CREAM,CANETIN CREAM,CANEX CREAM,YTACAN CREAM AND LASTLY AM USING ONE ACNEAWAY CREAM BUT STILL IS NOT HELPING MATTERS because I CAN RAISE MY ARMPIT IN THE PUBLIC AND ALSO CANNOT PUT ON SLEEVELESS WEARS. PLS I NEED YOUR MEDICAL ADVICE OR SOLUTION TO THIS PERSISTANT PROBLEM.

ANOTHER THING IS THAT FOR THE PAST ONE YEAR I HAVE BEEN BATTLING WITH MY RIGHT EAR. IT HAS BEEN SCRATCHING ME AND ALSO WHEN I TRIED CLEANING WITH COTTON BUD THERE IS THIS WAXLIKE THICK THAT NORMALLY COMES OUT WITH AN ODOUR WHEN IS BROUGHT NEAR THE NOSE BUT I DON'T HAVE PUSLIKE SUBSTANCE. I HAVE GO TO THE HOSPITAL TO SEE THE DOCTORS SEVERALLY BUT THEY WILL ALWAYS PRESCRIBE ANIBOITICS AND EAR DROP WHICH WILL NOT STOP THE PROBLEM.PLS HELP ME OUT.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by steamslide(m): 10:12pm On Nov 17, 2010
For some months back now, i have been having difficulty sleeping(napping) in the afternoon, sometimes i get tired and feels sleepy but when i hit the couch or bed, i just lie there deceiving myself because it doesn't seem to come.

Some ppl would say its depression, thinking too much but hey, i can't think of anything bothering me or occupying my mind so much at all. Please i'll appreciate if there's more to this than it seems.

Thanks

Not sleeping in the afternoon is not a usual  symptom of depression. In fact it may not even be a problem.
An important thing to consider in sleep problems is whether there has been a change in the normal sleep pattern.

The questions I need you to answer in order to help you here are as follows:

1. Do you sleep well at night?
2. Do you have a recent change in lifestyle, status, job etc?
3. Do you feel fatigued, exhausted, weak (more than usual)?
4. Any loss of interest in previously pleasurable activities?
5. Do you experience "internal heat", crawling sensation?

Contrary to what most Nigerians believe, "thinking" is not necessarily the cause of depression.

Even when "stress" is the cause, you may not be consciously aware of the preoocupying worries as they are usually buried deep in your subconscious.

Hope I have been of help to you. I shall be waiting for your answers.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by steamslide(m): 10:38pm On Nov 17, 2010
PLS DOC I HAVE THIS PROBLEM WHICH I WANT YOU TO HELP ME IN SOLVING IT. THERE IS RED LIKE RASHES AND SPOTS ON MY AIMPITS,UNDER THE bosom AND ALSO ON MY HIPS BESIDE MY womanliness. I HAVE TRIED USING FUN BACT A CREAM,CANETIN CREAM,CANEX CREAM,YTACAN CREAM AND LASTLY AM USING ONE ACNEAWAY CREAM BUT STILL IS NOT HELPING MATTERS because I CAN RAISE MY ARMPIT IN THE PUBLIC AND ALSO CANNOT PUT ON SLEEVELESS WEARS. PLS I NEED YOUR MEDICAL ADVICE OR SOLUTION TO THIS PERSISTANT PROBLEM.

ANOTHER THING IS THAT FOR THE PAST ONE YEAR I HAVE BEEN BATTLING WITH MY RIGHT EAR. IT HAS BEEN SCRATCHING ME AND ALSO WHEN I TRIED CLEANING WITH COTTON BUD THERE IS THIS WAXLIKE THICK THAT NORMALLY COMES OUT WITH AN ODOUR WHEN IS BROUGHT NEAR THE NOSE BUT I DON'T HAVE PUSLIKE SUBSTANCE. I HAVE GO TO THE HOSPITAL TO SEE THE DOCTORS SEVERALLY BUT THEY WILL ALWAYS PRESCRIBE ANIBOITICS AND EAR DROP WHICH WILL NOT STOP THE PROBLEM.PLS HELP ME OUT.

Dermatological problems are better diagnosed with inspection (as well as the history i.e signs and symptoms) It would help if you could take some photos
of the lesions, just make sure your face does not show up. Your gsm phone camera may be of some help).

You seem to have used a number of creams/ointments, I want to know why that is so. If the right diagnosis is made, you only need one or two medications.

Is the rash itchy?
Are there others in your house or workplace that have similar rash?

From your description it appears to be fairly widely distributed. If I have the answers to the questions above, I may be able to narrow down to some
differential diagnoses.

For example, scabies rashes usually disribute around  the fingers, belt line (around the waist line), underneath the breasts etc. Scabies is extremely itchy and it usually spreads to other ppl of close contact.

I however do not have enough information to make this diagnosis.
It may be an allergic inflammatory rash.
It may be a fungal infection
It can be, ?

About your ear problem, since you say you have seen Drs and used antibiotics and ear drops to no avail, I suggest you see an ENT (ear, nose and throat) doctor.

You may also wish to do an ear swab for M/C/S (microscopy, culture and sensitivity), this may isolate the offensive organism, whether bacteri, fungal etc.
The m/c/s may also be able to identify the medication trhat will be sensitive to the organism if isolated in the test.

Hope I made some sense here. Goodluck and goodhealth to you .
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by maureen456: 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2010
steamslide.
                    Thanks for the reply.Formerly it was itchy but after some application of creams mentioned earrlier it stopped but the problem i have now is that the place are dark/reddish in colour that i cannot expose it in public places. what i want now is something that i can apply to it so that it will blend with my colour because am fair in complexion. i want you to also observe something, am thinking if it was cream reaction though i have been using the cream for the past three years. the name of the cream is CAROLINE. Please kindly recommend something that will clear it off. Also i think my mum used to have something like that before she died early this year.

Concerning the ear problem i did ear swab then and everything was normal according to the doctor but i was given medication which subsided it after for like two -three months it started again. Mayebe i should go for the ENT but if you can direct me to a good doctor i will really appreciate it because i do not know any ENT doctor.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Johnsinia(m): 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2010
hi mr balogun.i was nt feeling fine and i went for test they said i ve malaria-140 and typhoid-180.i then went for treatmt for abt 3 weeks now yet am still ill and my excreta is very dark and greenish what do u think and what do i do?is the colour of my excreta abnormal?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by detruth: 9:37am On Nov 21, 2010
@ Doctor in d House
Is it true that the popularly known Tianshi tea has adverse effect on man's health if taken too much? Some says it can cause High Blood Pressure. How true is this. I need a medical advice.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by D1Alergy(m): 5:20pm On Nov 22, 2010
Good day Docs in the house.

I have being having difficulties in breathing for a long time now. I have different health guide and I have the impression of having Allergic Reactions or and Hay Fever. I noticed I am allergic to Dry Air, Dust and Polen grains. I have tried to guild against this. Anytime I get myself in any of this mess, I always have watery running nose, so watery that it taste less(cos I do taste it) together with sneezing, powerful one. After the running nose stage, I will have a blocked nose and after sometime I will start sneezing out some thick brownish mucour. Please what can I do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by coxty(f): 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2010
hi doc please i need your advice on this matter, when i put to bed through cs the fear of getting pregnant, so i went for family planning since them i have not since my period for like 2years now and am still on that family planning. is it the family planning that is causing it or what pls tell me, am afraid? shocked help me out and pls don't my mind my English
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by krazynaija(m): 1:34am On Nov 25, 2010
The condom broke sad Please what do i do now to prevent std #Male and what to do to prevent pregnancy #Female
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by susanamand(f): 12:50pm On Nov 25, 2010
Dear Doc,

Please kindly help me out, with the fear that i have taken in i took menstrogen tab in oct cause ought to see my period on the 19 and close to that date i was having any sign and later took almost half of yoyo bitter and i then saw my period on the 27 although it was painful as that is the normal pain and the flow was heavire than my normal flow and now in nov i ought have seen it eith 19 or 25 (25 7 28days) but its yet to come i went for preg test it was negative.

Please help me i don't know what i have done to myself, although the sex i had was protected (Spet) i just don't know why i was scared
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by femib26(m): 3:14pm On Nov 25, 2010
Dear doc, for quite a longtime i have being battling mouth ulcer and its been very traumatic to me. At least it comes within 2 wks intervals.
pls, help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jaykay001: 4:24pm On Nov 25, 2010
hi Balogun, thanks for the free medical advise. Pls, what could be the cause of severe heart pain? I do have heart pain and this occur almost every time I take garri. Pls, help.Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mekaboy(m): 11:58pm On Nov 25, 2010
HI DOC.

I,LL LIKE TO KNOW WHAT CAUSES EXCESS GAS IN THE STOMACH, A FRIEND OF MINE HAS A GAS PRODUCING MACHINE IN HIS STOMACH, THIS MAKES HIS STOMACH BLOATED ALL THE TIME.

HE HAS TAKEN ALL TYPES OF ANTACIDS AND STILL THE GAS KEEPS COMING UP, HE HAS ALSO TAKEN OMEPRAZOLE AND RABEPARAZOLE AND ALOT OF THE ZOLES FOR ULCER, STILL THE GAS STILL COMES UP, ( I MEAN ITS REPRODUCED EVERY SECOND).

SOMETIMES IF HE IS HUNGRY HE FEELS HIS STOMACH ITCHING. THIS GAS STUFF HAS BEEN ON FOR LONG AND EVEN CAUSES OBSTRUCTION IN HIS BOWEL MOVEMENT SOMETIMES, HIS BOWEL MOVEMENT IS IREGUALAR AND UN PREDICATABLE.

SOMETIMES HE CAN STAY A DAY WITHOUT GOING TO TOILET.

SOMETIMES HE IS UNABLE TO BELCH OR FART AND THE EXCESS GAS BLOATS HIS STOMACH.

THE GUYS EVEN ESCAPES TO HIS HEAD SOMETIMES ACCORDING TO HIM, AND MOVES AROUND HIS BODY IF IT CANT FIND A WAY TO ESCAPE, CAUSING HIS SKIN TO BURN AND ITCH.

WHAT COULD BE CAUSE OF THIS CONSTANT GAS?

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU DOC.
THANKS.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ANPA: 6:50pm On Nov 27, 2010
We congratulate "Doctor in the House" for volunteering his time and expertise to provide this excellent service.

keep up the good work!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by SoJaded: 7:38pm On Nov 27, 2010
are the guys posting abt gas making machine and sleeping in the afternoon normal ?
na the kind thing wey dey irritate me abt nigerians be this, someone volunteered his time to answer medical questions and u're asking him abt smelly catarrh ?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by D1Alergy(m): 8:46pm On Nov 27, 2010
So, SOJADED teach us the kind of question we should ask the Doc. Maybe abt irritations or what have you. You had better tell the Doc what the hell is wrong with you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by krazynaija(m): 9:37pm On Nov 27, 2010
SoJaded:

are the guys posting abt gas making machine and sleeping in the afternoon normal ?
na the kind thing wey dey irritate me abt nigerians be this, someone volunteered his time to answer medical questions and u're asking him abt smelly catarrh ?

*in the wiise words of the great Eminem* If you aint got nothing to say then don't say NOTHING! , *in pidgin* SHARRAP! angry
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 5p1naz(m): 2:45pm On Nov 28, 2010
any dentist in da house.? i wannna
clean up n whiten my teeth. so i
wanted to know if there was a side
effect with teeth whitenening. i also
dont even know where to find a
dentist

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.