Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Dating A Stingy Guy - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Stingy Guy (16329 Views)

How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? / My Girlfriend Called Me A Stingy Guy / Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by JLopez(f): 6:59am On Nov 19, 2016
jezuzboi:

Are the guys the only ones entitled to give the said "gifts?" Can't a lady also give the said gifts to show love? I actually buy the idea. But must the gifts only come from the guys?
when ure dating a guy who gives u all d time, u wunt have any option Atall Dan to give him too
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by goodfornothing(m): 7:03am On Nov 19, 2016
JLopez is the typical Nigerian girl I was talking about. Go for the rich guy, and dump him when he's broke. Tell me what makes you different from roadside prostitutes

Cc Nma27, SycophanticGoat. Shebi both of you were insulting me. Come here now and insult Lopez and all the girls that supported her thread.
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by SycophanticGoat: 7:08am On Nov 19, 2016
goodfornothing:
JLopez is the typical Nigerian girl I was talking about. Go for the rich guy, and dump him when he's broke. Tell me what makes you different from roadside prostitutes

Cc Nma27, SycophanticGoat. Shebi both of you were insulting me. Come here now and insult Lopez and all the girls that supported her thread.

Tell me how this is an insult to you alone..

SycophanticGoat:

That's Nigerians for you. Bunch of hypocrites and they're perfect at stereotyping. As the men foolishly generalize, so also the women, and it also goes down to tribalism where one foolish set of people absolved their tribe of blames and wrong while attacking other tribes. Nigeria is made up of millions of idiotic hypocrites.

My comment simply attacks all Nigerians that are quick to generalize and call other groups bad when they have worse kind of people within their own group.
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by SycophanticGoat: 7:12am On Nov 19, 2016
JLopez:
such guys can kill emotionally.. Ahhhhhhh
Imagine, instead of dropping u off or getting u a taxi he will tell u to stroll.. Stroll there nah Asake, Sheybi it's not far and ure exercising.. cry cry

This is why Nigerians get fat easily.. exercise is never in their dictionary. A young fellow offers you an advise to exercise and you take it as being stingy... cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by mctowel01: 7:14am On Nov 19, 2016
JLopez:
u say?
And problems with comprehension?
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 19, 2016
goodfornothing:

Are u broke and got ur heart shattered? If yes, just know it won't last long... Just stay focused and make yourself happy dear. Surely you'll meet her soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by JLopez(f): 7:15am On Nov 19, 2016
mctowel01:
And problems with comprehension?
[size=18pt] k [/size]
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by JLopez(f): 7:17am On Nov 19, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

This is why Nigerians get fat easily.. exercise is never in their dictionary. A young fellow offers you an advise to exercise and you take it as being stingy... cheesy grin
lmaoooo grin exercise koh grin u will knw d difference Btwn wen someone rilli care abt ur being fat and when someone is stingy
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by JLopez(f): 7:19am On Nov 19, 2016
goodfornothing:

ok mr good for nothing
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by SycophanticGoat: 7:23am On Nov 19, 2016
JLopez:
lmaoooo grin exercise koh grin u will knw d difference Btwn wen someone rilli care abt ur being fat and when someone is stingy

Really, do you know that the guy may simply want you to slim down? Can I see your recent pic on your DP? That way, I'd confirm if he wanted to help you slim down or he's just being stingy with his petrol (which is almost unlikely).

There could also be other reasons why he behaved in such manner, you never can tell..
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by JLopez(f): 7:28am On Nov 19, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Really, do you know that the guy may simply want you to slim down? Can I see your recent pic on your DP? That way, I'd confirm if he wanted to help you slim down or he's just being stingy with his petrol (which is almost unlikely).

There could also be other reasons why he behaved in such manner, you never can tell..
bros, Ayam not fat! I have the perfect shape.
The reason why he can't get a taxi for u or drop u off is bcus of his stinginess . If I tell him to walk me down lemme get a taxi, he will happily walk me down.
If u like loose ur hair for a whole year he wunt say anything abt it or abt ur look, but once u make ur hair he wil be the first to complement it.
Such guys cry cry
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by SycophanticGoat: 7:33am On Nov 19, 2016
JLopez:
bros, Ayam not fat! I have the perfect shape.
The reason why he can't get a taxi for u or drop u off is bcus of his stinginess . If I tell him to walk me down lemme get a taxi, he will happily walk me down.
If u like loose ur hair for a whole year he wunt say anything abt it or abt ur look, but once u make ur hair he wil be the first to complement it.
Such guys cry cry

The bolded. Maybe he loves your natural looks

The indented. Maybe he's just pretending to complement you when in fact, he loves your natural appearance. cheesy grin

On the fatness thingy, I know how my country folks sees things. One may be fat but wouldn't know because someone else asking her out calls her slim. Just like how fat girls say they're chubby and all that.. Therefore, until I see for myself, I can't say by your comments that you ain't fat and don't need exercise.. cheesy
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by goodfornothing(m): 7:37am On Nov 19, 2016
Nma27:
Are u broke and got ur heart shattered? If yes, just know it won't last long... Just stay focused and make yourself happy dear. Surely you'll meet her soon.
No, I'm not broke; that word doesn't even exist in my dictionary. And there's nothing to shatter cos I can get really mean and heartless when I want to but never lose my focus. The only reason I called you to this thread is to have you eat your own words. Read from the first page and show me any female that didn't support the Op. That proves me right!
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by goodfornothing(m): 7:38am On Nov 19, 2016
JLopez:
ok mr good for nothing
Yeah, Jho wannabe. wink
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by JLopez(f): 7:41am On Nov 19, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

The bolded. Maybe he loves your natural looks

The indented. Maybe he's just pretending to complement you when in fact, he loves your natural appearance. cheesy grin

On the fatness thingy, I know how my country folks sees things. One may be fat but wouldn't know because someone else asking her out calls her slim. Just like how fat girls say they're chubby and all that.. Therefore, until I see for myself, I can't say by your comments that you ain't fat and don't need exercise.. cheesy
walai talai Ayam not fat ooo.. I have d figure 8 shape.. No b lie . Iffa show u my pix u wie droll over it truout today. So let's just leave dat aside

Stop making excuses for him nah cry he is just stingy.
What if he doesn’t buy you gifts, not even on your birthday or Val’s day, he usually visits you empty handed, and he dosnt even try to make up for it later. U knw u might make excuses for him dat he is broke as at dat time. But how about making up for it later?? Haba nah
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by JLopez(f): 7:43am On Nov 19, 2016
goodfornothing:

Yeah, [size=18pt] jho [/size] wannabe. wink
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by agwuabia: 7:45am On Nov 19, 2016
sinizia:

grin grin

Why did you edit out your other story? To make your reply doesn't fail the second time? grin Well, that guy in your story is super stingy and his case is pathetic. I would complain too if I was his gf.

Between me and you, I'll tell you this - relationships are between two people. It takes two to tango. the love, affection and time you said you bring to a relationship in your first post, a man can bring that too. A man can give you love and time too. If it's the sêx, you both enjoyed it and sêx is cheaper these days anyway and a man can get enough from other sources. What matters is what else you can bring to a relationship apart from the normal attributes you listed up there.

See, men are naturally less stingy than women coz we're by nature the bread winners and provider of the family which includes females. Yes, there are stingy men out there but there more stingy women than men out there too. Sometimes you don't expect the man to spend all the time, a little reciprocation according to your financial strength is okay. Buying foodstuffs and cooking for him is a way to spend on a guy. Getting him a perfume is also spending on a guy. And if that guys loves you and is financially okay, he'll appreciate those gestures and spoil you silly.

These days men are more attracted to women that shows they can contribute financially too no matter how little. For example, I don't mind a girl who's unemployed or maybe a student depending on her dad buying me boxers and stuff. Others might laugh at it but I'd appreciate it coz she's trying her best, and I'll reciprocate more than that depending on my financial status. She doesn't have to get me a gold. A little gesture is enough for me to know she's not stingy. Not staying back and allowing me spend all the time.

Also before you judge a guy as being stingy or not, try to juxtapose what he's earning or his current financial status with what he's affording for you. You don't expect a student who's depending on his father to get you costly gifts. The few he can afford, learn to appreciate it so he can be even be encouraged to do more. Reciprocate too. There's love in sharing. Cheers.

That's my man speaking; you just nailed it.

1 Like

Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by wristbangle: 7:47am On Nov 19, 2016
Relationship involves a two way thing where love, substance, affection, care, money and others are to be shared even though guys suppose to be the head fronts to initiate such process.

A guy needs not to break a bank to impress his girlfriend but courtesy demands that on some occasion he gets gifts for his girlfriend and vice versa from his girlfriend.

Also ladies need to understand relationship is not an avenue to make money or feast their financial burden on a guy because he has huge responsibilities to take care of but that doesn't mean he should be stingy to his gf.
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by SycophanticGoat: 7:47am On Nov 19, 2016
JLopez:
walai talai Ayam not fat ooo.. I have d figure 8 shape.. No b lie . Iffa show u my pix u wie droll over it truout today. So let's just leave dat aside

Stop making excuses for him nah cry he is just stingy.
What if he doesn’t buy you gifts, not even on your birthday or Val’s day, he usually visits you empty handed, and he dosnt even try to make up for it later. U knw u might make excuses for him dat he is broke as at dat time. But how about making up for it later?? Haba nah

Hehehehe, why not just show your pics and leave the drooling for me to decide if I'll or not.

Well, some people are naturally stingy. It's not a guy's thing. Many girls out there are stingy as well. In relationships, a guy should buy a girl gifts and take her out. Same thing applies to the girls too. A girl should show her love and care to her man by also buying him gifts and opting to take him out once in a blue moon. But in Nigeria, girls see it as an abomination to buy gifts for her man or take him out..

It's a two way thing.
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by JLopez(f): 7:53am On Nov 19, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Hehehehe, why not just show your pics and leave the drooling for me to decide if I'll or not.

Well, some people are naturally stingy. It's not a guy's thing. Many girls out there are stingy as well. In relationships, a guy should buy a girl gifts and take her out. Same thing applies to the girls too. A girl should show her love and care to her man by also buying him gifts and opting to take him out once in a blue moon. But in Nigeria, girls see it as an abomination to buy gifts for her man or take him out..

It's a two way thing.
yeah something like dat. Y wunt I share wen he is also giving and sharing wit me? Lol
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by SycophanticGoat: 7:55am On Nov 19, 2016
JLopez:
yeah something like dat. Y wunt I share wen he is also giving and sharing wit me? Lol

Still waiting for the figure 8 shape to grace the screen of my mobile phone.. . wink smiley
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by JLopez(f): 7:55am On Nov 19, 2016
wristbangle:
Relationship involves a two way thing where love, substance, affection, care, money and others are to be shared even though guys suppose to be the head fronts to initiate such process.

A guy needs not to break a bank to impress his girlfriend but courtesy demands that on some occasion he gets gifts for his girlfriend and vice versa from his girlfriend.

Also ladies need to understand relationship is not an avenue to make money or feast their financial burden on a guy because he has huge responsibilities to take care of but that doesn't mean he should be stingy to his gf.
awwww coming from a guy? Good to knw dat atlist one guy undastnd wat we ladies are saying.. After like how many pages?
God bless u real good.. Pls explain to ur fellow guys ooo wrist
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by JLopez(f): 7:57am On Nov 19, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Still waiting for the figure 8 shape to grace the screen of my mobile phone.. . wink smiley

Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by SycophanticGoat: 8:03am On Nov 19, 2016
[quote author=JLopez post=51163694][/quote]

This ain't you... undecided undecided

And I can't see any figure 8 here, just figure 1... undecided
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by kaboninc(m): 8:37am On Nov 19, 2016
[b]
sinizia:

grin grin

Why did you edit out your other story? To make your reply doesn't fail the second time? grin Well, that guy in your story is super stingy and his case is pathetic. I would complain too if I was his gf.

Between me and you, I'll tell you this - relationships are between two people. It takes two to tango. the love, affection and time you said you bring to a relationship in your first post, a man can bring that too. A man can give you love and time too. If it's the sêx, you both enjoyed it and sêx is cheaper these days anyway and a man can get enough from other sources. What matters is what else you can bring to a relationship apart from the normal attributes you listed up there.

See, men are naturally less stingy than women coz we're by nature the bread winners and provider of the family which includes females. Yes, there are stingy men out there but there more stingy women than men out there too. Sometimes you don't expect the man to spend all the time, a little reciprocation according to your financial strength is okay. Buying foodstuffs and cooking for him is a way to spend on a guy. Getting him a perfume is also spending on a guy. And if that guys loves you and is financially okay, he'll appreciate those gestures and spoil you silly.

These days men are more attracted to women that shows they can contribute financially too no matter how little. For example, I don't mind a girl who's unemployed or maybe a student depending on her dad buying me boxers and stuff. Others might laugh at it but I'd appreciate it coz she's trying her best, and I'll reciprocate more than that depending on my financial status. She doesn't have to get me a gold. A little gesture is enough for me to know she's not stingy. Not staying back and allowing me spend all the time.

Also before you judge a guy as being stingy or not, try to juxtapose what he's earning or his current financial status with what he's affording for you. You don't expect a student who's depending on his father to get you costly gifts. The few he can afford, learn to appreciate it so he can be even be encouraged to do more. Reciprocate too. There's love in sharing. Cheers.
[/b]

Chaiiiiiii!!

You spoke my mind and heart!!!!
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by mysticgal(f): 9:25am On Nov 19, 2016
kaboninc:
[b][/b]

Chaiiiiiii!!

You spoke my mind and heart!!!!
Why won't it be your mind undecided
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by JLopez(f): 9:28am On Nov 19, 2016
mysticgal:

grin grin grin
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by mysticgal(f): 9:34am On Nov 19, 2016
JLopez:
grin grin grin
Stinginess is Stinginess. A guy should give out when his babe is in need undecided
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by kaboninc(m): 9:53am On Nov 19, 2016
mysticgal:

Lol. Should it be your own mind?
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by firstking01(m): 10:21am On Nov 19, 2016
Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by sinizia: 10:28am On Nov 19, 2016
JLopez:
a lady will buy the boxers etc wen d guy is also trying his best and dropping something. It's d guy who will pave d way on how the giving or sharing of the relationship shuld be. Wen he gives u all d time , u have no option dan to do same no mata how little. But ehn some guys wunt drop anything Atall .. So Whr will d buying of boxers come from?

Typical archaic Naija women mentality. It's the sort of thinking that makes some guys feel you 9jq ladies are nothing but discardable materials when he's tired of the relationship. It's this sort of thinking that makes some men feel like gods to women coz they provide virtually everything you can spot on the body of their ladies. It's this depending on the men ALL the time that makes it hard for a lady to fend on her own when she's threatened with divorce or quitting of a relationship. It's these dumb reasoning that makes a woman in an abusive relationship not to quit coz she's born to depend on men ALL the time. Tsk tsk!!

I blame our society and not you, though. He'll spend on you ALL the time and then it'll make you CONSIDER to do the same NO MATTER HOW LITTLE. Just read what you spewed. And you wonder why men feel you ladies brings nothing else but sêx in a relationship. He gives you all the time and you give him little once in a while. I weep for 9ja girls.

Let me tell you a story. My friend who left 9jq few yrs back told me that 9ja girls sucked, and I ask him why he said that. He told me that there's this California girl he really liked and was planning on wooing her and he felt the girl liked her too. So one night, they were strolling to no where in particular not knowing the girl had a plan. As they were strolling the girl told him to accompany him to a place which turned out to be a nice restaurant. She then asked the waiter to come over and after they had made their selections, she paid the bills and refused my friend from paying it. She told him they were on a date and she planned it that way and wanted to foot the bills. My friend was shocked coz no 9ja girl he'd ever dated did that for him. He said the girl was laughing at him coz she found it strange that my friend will be shocked she took him on a date on the first time and paid the bills. According to her, it's a normal thing and nothing weird about it. She even said my friend is weird for thinking it's an abnormal thing to do.

See, up there is the difference between a typical 9ja girl like you that wants a guy to spend all the time before you can reciprocate SMALL. This is why 9ja guys treat you girls as properties. This mentality is very wrong, sis. Drop it, coz if I was your man and found out you act or think this way, I'll end the relationship. I was not born to provide ALL the time so you can consider giving me SMALL. you 9ja ladies have a long way to go. Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Dating A Stingy Guy by JLopez(f): 10:30am On Nov 19, 2016
sinizia:

Typical archaic Naija women mentality. It's the sort of thinking that makes some guys feel you 9jq ladies are nothing but discardable materials when he's tired of the relationship. It's this sort of thinking that makes some men feel like gods to women coz they provide virtually everything you can spot on the body of their ladies. It's this depending on the men ALL the time that makes it hard for a lady to fend on her own when she's threatened with divorce or quitting of a relationship. It's these dumb reasoning that makes a woman in an abusive relationship not to quit coz she's born to depend on men ALL the time. Tsk tsk!!

I blame our society and not you, though. He'll spend on you ALL the time and then it'll make you CONSIDER to do the same NO MATTER HOW LITTLE. Just read what you spewed. And you wonder why men feel you ladies brings nothing else but sêx in a relationship. He gives you all the time and you give him little once in a while. I were for 9ja girls.

Let me tell you a story. My friend who left 9jq few yrs back told me that 9ja girls sucked, and I ask him why he said that. He told me that there's this California girl he really liked and was planning on wooing her and he felt the girl liked her too. So one night, they were strolling to no where in particular not knowing the girl had a plan. As they were strolling the girl told him to accompany him to a place which turned out to be a nice restaurant. She then asked the waiter to come over and after they had made their selections, she paid the bills and refused my friend from paying it. She told him they were on a date and she planned it that way and wanted to foot the bills. My friend was shocked coz no 9ja girl he'd ever dated did that for him. He said the girl was laughing at him coz she found it strange that my friend will be shocked she took him on a date on the first time and paid the bills. According to her, it's a normal thing and nothing weird about it. She even said NY friend is weird for thinking it's an abnormal thing to do.

See, up there is the difference between a typical 9ja girl like you that wants a guy to spend all the time before you can reciprocate SMALL. This is why 9ja guys treat you girls as properties. This mentality is very wrong, sis. Drop it, coz if I was your man and found out you act or think this way, I'll end the relationship. I was not born to provide ALL the time so you can consider giving me SMALL. you 9ja ladies have a long way to go. Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Word Of Advice To Ladies / Your Childhood Crush? / When A Girl Asks A Guy For His Picture While Chatting With Him (photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.