Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues (22784 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
promise10:

That's the high level of their Hardmirrored confusion

grin grin
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
dblackninja:

Sorry that you couldn't understand my comparison based on deductions I made from the video (maybe cos I made a typo..typed unconsciously instead of consciously).

Anyway let me help you in rephrasing it once more.
What is the purpose of bringing up this inconclusive experiment? Note:The scientist didn't even assert anything.
Are you showing us that that someone has experimented on people uttering gibberishly...
Or are you trying to link the expt in anyway with the holyspirit or any other spiritual figure??

The scientist showed us that the frontal lobe on those experimented was
•more active when they were praying in English (as a result of concentrated thoughts to give the prayer meaning & direction)
•less active when they were uttering gibberish (as a result of loose/less concentration)

This is just a study to possibly ascertain the activity of the brain on the speech patterns..Didn't show any spiritual whatever (forget the title of the video).

So once again, why the thread

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 10:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Real! I say this because i have listened repeatedly to the song and there is a witnessing to my spirit all the time. The deep always calls to the deep.
That is it. 'The deep always calls to the deep'. He that is called of God, speaks the word of God, and the spirit bears witness...
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by promise10: 10:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I was passing a message to Omudia11 and I'm pretty sure he got the message

looking at your post history and aligning it with some of our Christian apologists here shows you're most likely Analice107
ANOTHER HARDMIRRORED LIE!!!!

wait, are you the new secretary of NAHTOL?

NAHTOL: Nairaland Atheistic Hardmirrored Team Of Lairs.

2 Likes

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Ranchhoddas: 10:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Your usual busy mind became skeptical. So you feel nairaland now holds the answers for you and such reservations should be told to fellows with same reservations who had no solution to offer.
I knew the Christian perspective, I had gone to church all my life and I knew practically everything a preacher was going to say to me before he/she even said it. So it was only sensible that I looked elsewhere for answers. I got them on the internet (some of them at least).
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 10:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
been there done that
No you weren't.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by hopefulLandlord: 10:02pm On Nov 29, 2016
^^^ who let the dogs out?
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by promise10: 10:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin
lol
I love that new vocab die.
stay there, better go and update yours. I have done mine.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I[b] knew the Christian perspective, I had gone to church all my life and I knew practically everything a preacher was going to say to me before he/she even said it. [/b]So it was only sensible that I looked elsewhere for answers. I got them on the internet (some of them at least).

In a nutshell you put God in a bottle! Wrong move son.

Oversabi na im dey make monkey stroll for front of hunter.

You thought you could preempt God and began to determine what you wanted to hear or not to hear.

2nd Timothy 4: 3

For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Les: 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
Seun:
When I gave my life to Christ at Foursquare Gospel Church, I was in JSS 1. After we said the sinner's prayer, our Sunday School teacher tried to get us baptised in the Holy Spirit. I was waiting for the Holy Spirit to descend on me and make me speak in tongues, but I didn't feel anything. Most of the girls started speaking in tongues, but I got nothing. I earnestly and sincerely ask God for it, but nothing happened.

When I got to Ife and started attending ECU, the fellowship my parents attended, we had to take a membership class and my teacher and his best friend also tried to get me baptised in the Holy Spirit to no avail. I remember them taking me to the sports center and praying with me and urging me to speak. I patiently waited for the Holy Spirit to descend on me but nothing happened. Then they had to explain that speaking in tongues is by faith. God supplies the word, and we speak them out, they said. To me it sounded as if they were encouraging me to fake it, and suggesting that everyone fakes it, but I just couldn't accept that. I wanted to experience it genuinely, like the apostles did in the bible.

So one day, as I was praying very intensely in my room, I felt a subtle urge to start saying some nonsense words that came to my mind, and I did. And once I started, I found that new words came to my mind and I could continue speaking them. That's how I started speaking in tongues. In my fellowship, it was common for the pastors to ask everyone to start speaking in tongues during worship; now I could join in! But it was also a bit of a disappointment because the experience was emotional, not supernatural. The Holy Spirit didn't take over my body.

When I was re-watching Sinach's video to transcribe her tongues, I actually felt the urge to speak in tongues again. I think listening to the beautiful way she sang the tongues triggered something in me. I bet I can still speak in tongues today if I choose to succumb to the feeling.
God hasn't given up on you yet.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
huh??
I said I have never been interested in that speaking in tounges
I never said I haven't given my life to Christ!
How can you give your life to Christ but will never get interested in Talking to Christ personally?

Guy, you still do not know what being in Christ means. You were in church, not in Christ.

Its like my Dad and i communicating in English language, but anytime we have visitors we switch into our L1, you mean i wont be interested in speaking my L1 with my Dad? Are you serious?

Speaking my native language draws me closer to my Dad in the midst of strangers.

Guy, get born again pls. Get out of religion and seek a relationship with Christ. You can never be in his presence and want to leave.

All the Near death experience i have listened to. All of them refuse to come back to life wen they meet Christ. Why? This is the life they desire by all means, but wen they die and see Christ, they want to remain there.

Oh, How I love my Christ.

There's nothing in this world right Now that i can trade with my salvation. Take it. I don't need it.

2 Likes

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by dblackninja: 10:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Cognitive dissonance brother. If you think you can use science to validate your unintelligible gibbering, while believing it's the holyspirit in action, then your cure hasn't been invented yet cry
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Ranchhoddas: 10:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

In a nutshell you put God in a bottle! Wrong move son.

Oversabi na im dey make monkey stroll for front of hunter.

You thought you could preempt God and began to determine what you wanted to hear or not .

2nd Timothy 4: 3

For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear.
I did not. I always dared them to say something I'd not heard before. They never could. It was the same thing.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 10:16pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You cannot GIVE your life to Christ WITHOUT having the HUNGER for the HOLY SPIRIT. The Holy Ghost Baptism completes you as a believer. Its the seal of God upon your life.

You were never Born again previously.
What even convicts the heart? Is it not the Holy spirit? How can one be convicted by the Holy Spirit, he then gets born again, but ignores the Holy spirit.
In my case, i was afraid of being electrocuted (lol), so i stayed away from him. But i knew he was the beginning and ending of all of me.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 29, 2016
dblackninja:

Cognitive dissonance brother. If you think you can use science to validate your unintelligible gibbering, while believing it's the holyspirit in action, then your cure hasn't been invented yet cry

Are you done? If you are, thank you very much. This train has left the station.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by promise10: 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2016
dblackninja:

bikonu, negodu.

imagine.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by dblackninja: 10:18pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Are you done? If you are, thank you very much. This train has left the station.

Lol...you can clap for yourself brother cheesy
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I did not. I always dared them to say something I'd not heard before. They never could. It was the same thing.

You did not dare anyone to say anything different. You were deaf to the Rhema in the word. Your spirit was not alive to it. You just wanted a literal expose. But the words of God are spirit and its your spirit man that appreciates it and not your brain.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by dblackninja: 10:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
promise10:

bikonu, negodu.

imagine.
You wanna say something
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by promise10: 10:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
dblackninja:

now can you swerve for another person to come in?
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 10:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
and what of denominations that do not see the need
I'm sure they were never truly Christians
Lol. And many shall say to me on that day, master, we did this and that in your name, and he shall say to them. DEPART FROM YOU WORKERS OF INIQUITY. Why do you think this will be? Not every one that calls me Lord Lord...

You can not work with Christ without the Holy Spirit.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by promise10: 10:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
dblackninja:

You wanna say something
sorry bro, that comment doesn't deserve to be quoted.

by quoting you in the first place, I have committed a crime called Quoting abuse.

A times, you try your best to think before you write.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
dblackninja:

[img]http://media4./media/3oEjHWpnvAphGz7Ago/200_s.gif[/img]
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by dblackninja: 10:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
promise10:

now can you swerve for another person to come in?
Are you now an oracle? This is why I don't reply some people in the religious section, rather I laugh. I only give ears to intelligent minds wink
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 10:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

When God wan catch person, na so the thing dey manifest grin grin grin... supernatural but not spiritual..?

grin grin

Oh pleeeeaasssee!
I mean the guy has been resisting God from Childhood. Everything has been a fight. Just read his post.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by promise10: 10:25pm On Nov 29, 2016
dblackninja:

Are you now an oracle? This is why I don't reply some people in the religious section, rather I laugh. I only give ears to intelligent minds wink
Comon comot here joor

you still get mouth to talk.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Ranchhoddas: 10:26pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You did not dare anyone to say anything different. You were deaf to the Rhema in the word. Your spirit was not alive to it. You just wanted so literal expose but the words of God are spirit and its your spirit man that appreciates it and not your brain.
What does this mean exactly?
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Les: 10:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
Provided that something has a fake could mean there's it's real. Most atheist are whom they are due to misrepresentation of some religious folks in the name of Christianity but a real christian knows that Christianity is far from what most ppl portray it to be now. True Christians live the most simplest of lives due to the simplicity of faith in Jesus christ rather than in the bulky beliefs of witches and demons, etc. I have a dream that one day, the true Christians will be revealed as a standard for the whole nations of the earth. Whichs actually the hallmark of this great faith.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 10:28pm On Nov 29, 2016
jizzus:

Lol..........that dude was just confused he didn't know what he wanted............he's prolly scared of the concept of a hell so he had to "re trace" his step to Christ

jizzus
Pls someone shd share Urheme's link with this guy. He obviously doesn't know what he is talking about.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What does this mean exactly?

You were deaf to the action in the utterance of the Word. The spiritual power in it was not revealed to your spirit. You were only seeing the Pastor preaching and assessed him based on the words he spoke but did not open yourself up to the action in the Word.

2nd Cor 3: 6

He has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Ranchhoddas: 10:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You were deaf to the action in the utterance of the Word. The spiritual power in it was not revealed to your spirit. You were only seeing the Pastor preaching and assessed him based on the words he spoke but did not open yourself up to the action in the Word.

2nd Cor 3: 6

He has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
How do you become 'undeaf'?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Aborisa:yoruba Religion / Kemi Olunloyo Begs For Forgiveness As She Testifies In Church (Video) / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.