Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues (22798 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 8:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Omudia11

"No True Scotsman fallacy"
So am now Omudia11? Before i was Damogul. Now am Omudia? Na wa for u.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 8:53pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
he said he's not religious
Dude if you don't understand what I mean then shut up
Do me a favour and stop mentioning me
You do yaself good by shutting up, because you know not what it means to be a Christian.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
*facepalm*
The palm is on your face.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by hopefulLandlord: 8:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:

I was passing a message to Omudia11 and I'm pretty sure he got the message

looking at your post history and aligning it with some of our Christian apologists here shows you're most likely Analice107
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 9:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
akintom:

This is another evidence of my alleged difficulties that most theists on NL, have in relating intelligently with science, and how to show above average intelligence when they dare comment on scientific works.

To make intelligent, coherent, comprehensible and rational SPEECH, you will NORMALLY require CONSCIOUS mental efforts.

But to utter GIBBERISH and nonsensical SOUND, you CERTAINLY don't require conscious mental efforts.

These are what the study revealed.

Therefore, there's nothing supernatural about speaking in tongue (nonsensical sounds).

A delusional will effortlessly make nonsensical sounds and gibberish, simply because the folk has lost ability to consciously coordinate his thoughts.
A resounding gong. Many words without saying anything.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2016
Nobody should derail this thread pls
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2016
dblackninja:
@naijadeyhia are you trying to show us that people can utter gibberish subconsciously or unconsciously.

Or are you trying to show us proof that the holyspirit is at the helm of such gibbering?
If it's the later, sorry I see no proof undecided

If you cannot understand the OP and all we have been saying all this while then sorry i cannot help you. Being your personal interpreter isnt a job i canvassed for.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 29, 2016
jizzus:

Lol..........that dude was just confused he didn't know what he wanted............he's prolly scared of the concept of a hell so he had to "re trace" his step to Christ

Have you carried out a check on his history here on Nairaland? I suggest you do
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by akintom(m): 9:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:
A resounding gong. Many words without saying anything.
Certainly beyond your mental ability.
The very thinking of religious junky.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 29, 2016
akintom:

Certainly beyond your mental ability.

The very thinking of religious junky.

On your thread i told you the very same thing he is echoing here. I told you that you spew a lot of vitriol but in all that you drop no points and vitriol is not a sign of intelligence and here he told you the same thing and your intelligence could not tell you to quickly adjust. Instead you dropped further vitriol.

Indeed common sense isnt common.

Akingbade pls drop all this Bile. Life is beyond what you can control on the internet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Seun(m): 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:
What??.
it's Spiritual but not supernatural? What? So, the supernatural operates differently from the Spiritual. This is new. Pls Seun teach me something new.
Nothing is spiritual in the 'true' sense. All the things people perceive as being spiritual are just psychological in nature, primarily emotional.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Ranchhoddas: 9:21pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Raw Unbridled desire. You cannot desire the Holy spirit and still be afraid of him. Fear and doubt work hand in hand. He is loving and given as a helper.

What was your experience.
After giving my life to Christ a week earlier, we were asked to come out for the impartation of the Holy Spirit with the manifestation of tongues. Someone laid hands on me and I fell backwards. I think I was one of the few people that reacted that way. The guy told me that whenever I got the urge I should just speak away. I did... The rest is history.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 9:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:
I was in Church of God Mission festac Branch under Pastor Frank Uzomefune and Pastor Liberty and it was a Holy Ghost service and before then we had been given teachings about DESIRING the holy spirit and i desired him like never before.

All those who desired Him were asked to come out and i came out with the crowd and everyone was being prayed for and laid hands on and i was not laid hands on and FYI nobody was taught how to speak in tongues before then but i felt a surge of what i would describe as ELECTRICITY flowing through my entire body and i did not know when my mouth opened and words i did not know began to flow out. I did not will myself to speak. The whole body and mouth was not mine to control as i laid on the floor for over 2hrs just speaking in tongues with electricity flowing through my whole body for the entire time. I did not feel tired, i did not stop at any time, my voice volume did not diminish. I could hear myself speaking but could not stop myself.

It was only when Pastor Uzomefune laid hands on me again and asked the Holy spirit to release me that i stopped but for like 5mins after i stopped i still had the electrical sensation all over me and then i realised i was on the floor and all i could say repeatedly was LORD I LOVE YOU on and on.

After that day i could control it and its not triggered via emotion. Its triggered via Relationship and Love.
Mine was similar to this, but i was at home alone.
Its this electrifying sensation going through the body that scared me off for a long time from desiring Him. Brethren keep talking about electrifying kind of sensation, i fear electrocution till now, so i didn't want that sensation.
I know the Holy Spirit did not want to scare me more. Wen i eventually was ready for how ever He comes, just said to me "Then open your mouth and speak. Wen i did, off i went blasting in an Arabic kind of Language. I was lying down though. For 2whole hrs. I was going on and on, couldn't stop.
My mind was mine, but my tongue was not. I was hearing my voice like someone else was using my voice to speak.
I had to ask the Holy Spirit to help me stop. It 2pm and i needed to sleep. The next day was work. Gradually it ceased.
I do not like Arabic language. Hence, I have tried to change my tongues, for where? Wen the Holy Spirit takes over its Arabic kind of sound i hear myself making.

For me? I send any body. Ur own na ur own. My own na my own.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 29, 2016
Seun:
Nothing is spiritual in the 'true' sense. All the things people perceive as being spiritual are just psychological in nature, primarily emotional.

What are you Seun? A mere man? Manure? Alive with a soul?

You seem to speak from both sides of your mouth sometimes. You said this earlier

Seun(m): 4:04pm

Correction: I didn't say it was "not spiritual". I said it was not supernatural. It was as spiritual as any actual religious experience.

Yet you turn around here to say NOTHING IS SPIRITUAL?

Seun take ya time. Lying for Atheism is not permissible on this thread
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
After giving my life to Christ a week earlier, we were asked to come out for the impartation of the Holy Spirit with the manifestation of tongues. Someone laid hands on me and I fell backwards. I think I was one of the few people that reacted that way. The guy told me that whenever I got the urge I should just speak away. I did... The rest is history.

Why did you stop? What do you mean by the rest is History?
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by akintom(m): 9:33pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

On your thread i told you the very same thing he is echoing here. I told you that you spew a lot of vitriol but in all that you drop no points and vitriol is not a sign of intelligence and here he told you the same thing and your intelligence could not tell you to quickly adjust. Instead you dropped further vitriol.

Indeed common sense isnt common.

Akingbade pls drop all this Bile. Life is beyond what you can control on the internet

All of these your childish and nonsensical compilation, point to one thing common to most of you theists that i have engaged here, you are all made of the same mental fabric of illusion.

The same decerebrate symptoms, manifesting at the injection of rational dye.

I thought you and all your feeble brain friends, vowed few days back, to ignore my thread?

And i can't remember cc anyone of you, in my recent threads.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Have you carried out a check on his history here on Nairaland? I suggest you do

Anyone can claim to be an atheist online, that doesn't mean you're a true atheist............from the little of his post I came across I can deduce that the dude was just merely ranting.........he didn't really want to become an atheist he was just poorly motivated............its cool to know he's found peace in Christ now.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 9:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
urheme:

mere man cannot convince them.....no amount of Bible preaching and teaching can convince them as it did not convince me either........A manifestation of the power of God will convince them.......the Power of God in 2king 5: 14 and 15 blasted the unbelief off Honourable Naaman.

i pray that they experience such power and breakthrough in there lives smiley
The reason they can't be convinced is this. Their minds have been suppressed by demons. Demons are irredeemable. So long as the demons are still in control, des nothing anyone can say or do. Wen those demons are subdued then you can reach the humanity in them, then the breakthrough will come

I knew this when i saw a film about Exorcism. "The Exorcism of Emilyrose". The Reverend Father who did the Exorcism knew demons well. He knew they are the ones who are quick to talk, keeping the spirit of Emilyrose subdued. He was able to shut up 6 demons habiting her and got a breakthrough and then talked to Emilytose who was far behind the demons.

These guys talking here are far behind the demons. As long as the demons are still in charge, no one can help them.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Seun(m): 9:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:
Yet you turn around here to say NOTHING IS SPIRITUAL?
I said it was as spiritual as any spiritual experience that anybody has ever had, which is correct. But it was also purely psychological. Indeed, all spiritual experiences are mostly psychological. My experience was emotional and genuine but very natural, just like every spiritual experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 29, 2016
jizzus:

Anyone can claim to be an atheist online, that doesn't mean you're a true atheist............from the little of his post I came across I can deduce that the dude was just merely ranting.........he didn't really want to become an atheist he was just poorly motivated............its cool to know he's found peace in Christ now.

And you are a true Atheist and not an Online actor and pretender? Oya take this award for making an ironical statement

[img]http://images.memes.com/meme/920372[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 9:41pm On Nov 29, 2016
urheme:

tingling sensation grin grin grin grin grin

how i wish my was even more tingling...

read my thread...the beating, bruises, brokenness, pepper sensation and all manner of the like...... that i felt.......perhaps... it has a way of hitting you....... i ges he is a gentle person and needed not be bullied into submission to the power of God.
Bros, what you experienced was not the Holy Spirit. It was the reaction of the strange spirits inhabiting you without you knowing. Whenever you got too close to power they began to react. You just didn't know that you were suppose to go for deliverance immidiately. If anyone had taken you without your will, the demons won't leave. You needed to submit yourself willingly then they would've just gone away.

They were tormenting you with the intent of making you not go back to church, but you kept going.

I hope you are totally free now?

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Ranchhoddas: 9:42pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Why did you stop? What do you mean by the rest is History?
Skepticism happened. After a while the euphoria of salvation wore off. I did not the see the point anymore. I kept my doubts to myself but when I discovered nairaland, I saw that there were many people like me. It became easy to express my reservations about the whole thing.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 29, 2016
Seun:

I said it was as spiritual as any spiritual experience that anybody has ever had, which is correct. But it was also purely psychological. Indeed, all spiritual experiences are mostly psychological. My experience was emotional and genuine but very natural, just like every spiritual experience.

How can you say your experience was EMOTIONAL and GENUINE yet deny spirituality when the tongues we speak about is of a spiritual source?

No spiritual occurrence is psychological! Period!

How can you say your experience was very NATURAL just like every SPIRITUAL experience. Can you place NATURAL EVENTS on the same platform as SPIRITUAL EVENTS?.

Seun cool down and reconstruct your statement. Its looking muddled up.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Skepticism happened. After a while the euphoria of salvation wore off. I did not the see the point anymore. I kept my doubts to myself but when I discovered nairaland, I saw that there were many people like me. It became easy to express my reservations about the whole thing.

Your usual busy mind became skeptical. So you feel nairaland now holds the answers for you and such reservations should be told to fellows with same reservations who had no solution to offer.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 9:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I don't know exactly. I felt something like a mild electric jolt and my legs weakened. Na so I come stagger fall for ground like drunkard. I got up, dusted myself and went home expecting a miracle...
Yet you said there are no spirits. You needed to see them to believe they exist.

One thing with the Holy Spirit is that, he doesnt force. He gives you an invite, just like he did. When you got the invite, what did you to?

Says 'Behold i stand by the door and knock, if you open the door, i will come in and sub with you'. But if you refuse? Will he break your door? No sir. He will simply leave you alone.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 29, 2016
Oh by the way Seun you did not answer a question i asked earlier.

I asked how can speaking in tongues be from our subconscious yet trigger no brain activity yet the same science says dreams are from our subconscious but they trigger a lot of brain activity. Are there 2 different kinds of subconsciousness?

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 9:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Young man, give your life to Christ..
cheesy cheesy Exactly.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Ranchhoddas: 9:56pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:

Yet you said there are no spirits. You needed to see them to believe they exist.

One thing with the Holy Spirit is that, he doesnt force. He gives you an invite, just like he did. When you got the invite, what did you to?

Says 'Behold i stand by the door and knock, if you open the door, i will come in and sub with you'. But if you refuse? Will he break your door? No sir. He will simply leave you alone.
Show me where I said there are no spirits.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 9:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

were the tongues in waymaker by sinach real or fake?
How does her tongues affect your being an atheist? Don't worry about it. Mind your satanism.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by dblackninja: 9:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

If you cannot understand the OP and all we have been saying all this while then sorry i cannot help you. Being your personal interpreter isnt a job i canvassed for.

Sorry that you couldn't understand my comparison based on deductions I made from the video (maybe cos I made a typo..typed unconsciously instead of consciously).

Anyway let me help you in rephrasing it once more.
What is the purpose of bringing up this inconclusive experiment? Note:The scientist didn't even assert anything.
Are you showing us that that someone has experimented on people uttering gibberishly...
Or are you trying to link the expt in anyway with the holyspirit or any other spiritual figure??

The scientist showed us that the frontal lobe on those experimented was
•more active when they were praying in English (as a result of concentrated thoughts to give the prayer meaning & direction)
•less active when they were uttering gibberish (as a result of loose/less concentration)

This is just a study to possibly ascertain the activity of the brain on the speech patterns..Didn't show any spiritual whatever (forget the title of the video).

So once again, why the thread
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by promise10: 9:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:
That's the high level of their Hardmirrored confusion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by hopefulLandlord: 9:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:

How does her tongues affect your being an atheist? Don't worry about it. Mind your satanism.

I don't remember asking you

the person I asked the question has responded reasonably

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.