Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues (22782 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Omudia11: 7:33pm On Nov 29, 2016
I saw your link and it obviously doesn't hold water.
tintingz:
There is a link I dropped above go check it out and besides Dr Andrew is not even sure about some of his claims like Se.un said.

You're yet to show me how shamans speaking in tongue is differ from christian.

# Shaman dance to spiritual songs, Christians do same.

# Shamans speak in secret tongue that were pass from generation(your claim), Christians speak the same tongue that they heard from their parents, pastors etc.
who told you this sir? Who told you tongues are learnt? Or passed down from parents? Say what you know sir! You obviously don't know half of what Dr Andrew knows so your view remains inconsequential.

Tah, he didn't did an experiment on other belief, religion that speaks in tongue.
what stops you or any other scientist from doing your own research on other faiths?
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by hopefulLandlord: 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:

Stop lying to yourself. You were never a Christian. A tare that's what you were. Now that fruit time has come, its showing.

Omudia11

"No True Scotsman fallacy"
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
ok

My 24yr old young man GENUINELY give your life to Christ and have a personal bonafide experience. All these your zig zaging is meaningless at the end of the day.

3 Likes

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

My 24yr old young man GENUINELY give your life to Christ and have a personal bonafide experience. All these your zig zaging is meaningless as the end of the day.
been there done that
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Omudia11: 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Omudia11

"No True Scotsman fallacy" undeniable truth.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Omudia11

"No True Scotsman fallacy"

Shhh we are having intelligent conversation here. Stop throwing your scotsman upandan.

3 Likes

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Ranchhoddas: 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:
[/color]

Firstly your expectation was wrong. You were trying to condition the Holy Spirit which can never happen. He is boss and not you.

You got to campus and then drew a conclusion because of the people you saw who were speaking in tongues as if they are the standard set by the Holy Spirit.

On both counts you got it wrong
What other conclusion was I draw? You'd be walking on the road and someone would walk part you speaking in tongues. I went to BLW one day and the pastor came on the pulpit and told everyone to begin to speak in tongues and on cue everyone started to speak. It was frightening.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 7:37pm On Nov 29, 2016
Seun:
When I gave my life to Christ at Foursquare Gospel Church, I was in JSS 1. After we said the sinner's prayer, our Sunday School teacher tried to get us baptised in the Holy Spirit. I was waiting for the Holy Spirit to descend on me and make me speak in tongues, but I didn't feel anything. Most of the girls started speaking in tongues, but I got nothing. I earnestly and sincerely ask God for it, but nothing happened.

When I got to Ife and started attending ECU, the fellowship my parents attended, we had to take a membership class and my teacher and his best friend also tried to get me baptised in the Holy Spirit to no avail. I remember them taking me to the sports center and praying with me and urging me to speak. I patiently waited for the Holy Spirit to descend on me but nothing happened. Then they had to explain that speaking in tongues is by faith. God supplies the word, and we speak them out, they said. To me it sounded as if they were encouraging me to fake it, and suggesting that everyone fakes it, but I just couldn't accept that. I wanted to experience it genuinely, like the apostles did in the bible.

So one day, as I was praying very intensely in my room, I felt a subtle urge to start saying some nonsense words that came to my mind, and I did. And once I started, I found that new words came to my mind and I could continue speaking them. That's how I started speaking in tongues. In my fellowship, it was common for the pastors to ask everyone to start speaking in tongues during worship; now I could join in! But it was also a bit of a disappointment because the experience was emotional, not supernatural. The Holy Spirit didn't take over my body.

When I was re-watching Sinach's video to transcribe her tongues, I actually felt the urge to speak in tongues again. I think listening to the beautiful way she sang the tongues triggered something in me. I bet I can still speak in tongues today if I choose to succumb to the feeling.
What is the difference between an emotional experience and a spiritual experience pls?
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
been there done that

With your own mouth you said you havent so why change your comment now? You were never there and you never did anything.

Remember you still have years to go and are only 24 (that was your comment)
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:
They have done all their research, and armed themselves with plenty weapons and now they have invaded the thread.... grin grin grin All in a bid to disprove their darling science which isn't in their favour this time.

Very predictable people.

lol@ their darling Science.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What other conclusion was I draw? You'd be walking on the road and someone would walk part you speaking in tongues. I went to BLW one day and the pastor came on the pulpit and told everyone to begin to speak in tongues and on cue everyone started to speak. It was frightening.

That person was edifying HIMSELF or HERSELF and its actually part of what speaking in tongues does (if Genuine).

Regarding your BLW experience my advice is ....Go get Baptized in the Holy Ghost and it will all become clear to you.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 7:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

With your own mouth you said you havent so why change your comment now? You were never there and you never did anything.

Remember you still have years to go and are only 24 (that was your comment)
huh??
I said I have never been interested in that speaking in tounges
I never said I haven't given my life to Christ!
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 7:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:

lol@ their darling Science.

grin grin grin

Na so na... sometimes I dey even forget wetin science be, I go dey think say na human being...
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
huh??
I said I have never been interested in that speaking in tounges
I never said I haven't given my life to Christ!

You cannot GIVE your life to Christ WITHOUT having the HUNGER for the HOLY SPIRIT. The Holy Ghost Baptism completes you as a believer. Its the seal of God upon your life.

You were never Born again previously.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 7:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You cannot GIVE your life to Christ WITHOUT having the HUNGER for the HOLY SPIRIT. The Holy Ghost Baptism completes you as a believer. Its the seal of God upon your life.

whaaaaaaa??
Oh brother

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 7:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

and what of denominations that do not see the need
I'm sure they were never truly christians

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by peacesamuel94(m): 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
foladara777:

- u don't see anything. Don't assume. I speak in tongues too, I have literally fallen under the 'anointing' too but that's not enough proof that the holy spirit is responsible... I don't believe that an all powerful God requires people to fall and wound themselves or sometimes expose their underwear for an almighty being t impart them

so what other proof do you want, what could be more striking than the expérience you had ? Do you have any scientific explanation to prove that people fall involuntarily when air is blown on them ?

The truth is, You never wanted proof in the first place, even if the holyspirit literally appears to you, you will call his a appearance a figment of your imagination.
When you are told about the holyspirit or about people falling under the Annointing, you ask for proof, now that you've experienced things for yourself, you are now suggesting better methods Thé holyspirit can use in imparting people.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
whaaaaaaa??
Oh brother

Yes i said it! You were not. Born again is not a confession. Its a confession and repentace which produces a changed life. This changed life is sustained by the indwelling of the Holy spirit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
and what of denominations that do not see the need
I'm sure they were never truly christians

They are not part of the flock. Religion is not Relationship
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

They are not part of the flock. Religion is not Relationship

Ooh lord

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:

Ooh lord

Which Lord? Why do you think Jesus said not everyone that says LORD LORD shall enter into His kingdom?
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Ranchhoddas: 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

That person was edifying HIMSELF or HERSELF and its actually part of what speaking in tongues does (if Genuine).

Regarding your BLW experience my advice is ....Go get Baptized in the Holy Ghost and it will all become clear to you.
How does this happen? Laying of hands? I had an experience once
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
How does this happen? Laying of hands? I had an experience once

Raw Unbridled desire. You cannot desire the Holy spirit and still be afraid of him. Fear and doubt work hand in hand. He is loving and given as a helper.

What was your experience.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 8:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
Seun:

Correction: I didn't say it was "not spiritual". I said it was not supernatural. It was as spiritual as any actual religious experience.
What??.
it's Spiritual but not supernatural? What? So, the supernatural operates differently from the Spiritual. This is new. Pls Seun teach me something new.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 8:18pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
whaaaaaaa??
Oh brother

There's always a second chance, to do things right.

Why not give God a second chance to show you how real He is.. I'm sure He won't let you down.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 8:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:

What??.
it's Spiritual but not supernatural? What? So, the supernatural operates differently from the Spiritual. This is new. Pls Seun teach me something new.

When God wan catch person, na so the thing dey manifest grin grin grin... supernatural but not spiritual..?

grin grin

Oh pleeeeaasssee!
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
Jonbellion if you want to prepare a pot of soup and you wrongly apply all the right ingredients would the soup come out tasty and palatable?

Would you blame the ingredients or the cook for the bad soup?

You applied the ingredients wrongly even though they were the right ingredients. Come into the kitchen and relearn how to cook properly
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:

Again, you didn't say that.
Do you remember Urheme? He was an Atheist here, just like you. He also said they were no demons. Ask him now will you?
Really urheme is just as delusional as you,dude was just Agnostic he wasn't an atheist....
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
jizzus:

Really urheme is just as delusional as you,dude was just Agnostic he wasn't an atheist....

I guess the one who was an Atheist no longer knows he was and you are now defining him on his behalf simply because he has found Jesus.

You actually are the deluded one boy.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by dblackninja: 8:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
@naijadeyhia are you trying to show us that people can utter gibberish subconsciously or consciously.

Or are you trying to show us proof that the holyspirit is at the helm of such gibbering?
If it's the later, sorry I see no proof undecided
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I guess the one who was an Atheist no longer knows he was and you are now defining him on his behalf simply because he has found Jesus.

You actually are the deluded one boy.
Lol..........that dude was just confused he didn't know what he wanted............he's prolly scared of the concept of a hell so he had to "re trace" his step to Christ

jizzus
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 8:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

grin grin grin

Na so na... sometimes I dey even forget wetin science be, I go dey think say na human being...
grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Aborisa:yoruba Religion / Kemi Olunloyo Begs For Forgiveness As She Testifies In Church (Video) / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.