Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues (22776 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Ranchhoddas: 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Did you see any electrical appliance with the one who prayed for you?

The reason why a lot of people say God is not real is likened to your narration here. You came to Church, were prayed for and after it you went expecting a Miracle...Under what Conditions?

Jesus Gave a parable of the Sower and how some seeds fell among thorns and by the way side and then on good soil. In order to receive and have an expectation come to pass you need to be A GOOD SOIL.

Some come as they are just to see if God would do it without any effort from them to purify their heart and when God does not do what they desire they turn around to blame God and conveniently forgetting that Sin and God do not mix.

God can only break this protocol if it is absolutely your time for liberation and often times if he has bigger plans for you just like in the case of Urheme.
I did not go to church expecting anything. It was just a regular service for me. I always thought that something spectacular happened to people who fell down so I was expecting something spectacular. It was the same way I considered speaking in tongues special and sacred till I entered the University and saw every Tom, Paul and Harry speaking in tongues. It was a rude shock.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I did not go to church expecting anything. It was just a regular service for me. I always thought that something spectacular happened to people who fell down so I was expecting something spectacular. It was the same way I considered speaking in tongues special and sacred till I entered the University and saw every Tom, Paul and Harry speaking in tongues. It was a rude shock.

Therein lies your dilemma
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Omudia11: 6:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
Sister wink
Emmanystone:

Welcomed brother.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Ranchhoddas: 6:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Therein lies your dilemma
I'm not sure I understand.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Omudia11: 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2016
Pls just give me an answer... You will know shortly.
Ranchhoddas:
Why are you asking me this?
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 7:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
jizzus:

Firstly they fined tuned me with verses from the Bible........then they set the atmosphere with some nice songs(yes those gospel songs are nice)then everyone else started speaking it........motivation talks of "its in Ur belly just speak it out" more melodious music........adrenaline rush and the the fact that everyone else was saying something I muttered some words and voila you've been filled with the holy ghost

In conclusion :
How to get filled with the holy ghost
1. Tell them stories of others who have received the holy spirit.

2. Fill the atmosphere with sonorous and melodious tunes(very necessary )

3. Give them the "its in your belly" push

jizzus
Am sorry to say that you were not Baptized by the Holy Spirit, it was all your senses. Adrenaline happens in your senses not in your spirit.

I heard a voice which said to me "Then open your mouth and speak". This happened at home. I was alone, and prayed a simple prayer asking him to give me utterance, and he spoke to me, and said, "Then open your mouth and speak", wen i did, i heard my voice, it wasn't me, my voice was speaking a language that sounded Arabic, (and you shd know this, i hate Arabic language, it sounds too aggressive to me) but that's how my tongues sounds till today. I have tried changing them, i have not succeeded.

I didn't speak in tongues for more 13 years after being born again, the night it came, it came so simply.
No rush, no sensation. Nothing. Just a voice " Then open your mouth and speak.

And this is a night i will never forget, for i spoke in tongues for two good hours. I could restrain myself. I couldn't stop. I tried to say Amen to conclude for where?, the Amen was in Tongues. I had to ask the Holy Spirit to let me stop so that i could sleep. Then it stopped. From that day, it runs freely.

Meanwhile, several times in Church meetings, i had tried to fake it, i go, mamamamamashakatata teraretamamama. Those are not tongues. Tongues sounds like foreign languages to your listeners. And everyone has their tongues, we don't speak the same tongues.

I hate Arabic language, i have tried mimicking other brethren's tongues, it hasn't worked.

2 Likes

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Firstly your expectation was wrong. You were trying to condition the Holy Spirit which can never happen. He is boss and not you.

You got to campus and then drew a conclusion because of the people you saw who were speaking in tongues as if they are the standard set by the Holy Spirit.

On both counts you got it wrong
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 7:09pm On Nov 29, 2016
Omudia11:
Sister wink
Oh dear. My bad. Welcome sis.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Codedrock(m): 7:09pm On Nov 29, 2016
Seun:
When I gave my life to Christ at Foursquare Gospel Church, I was in JSS 1. After we said the sinner's prayer, our Sunday School teacher tried to get us baptised in the Holy Spirit. I was waiting for the Holy Spirit to descend on me and make me speak in tongues, but I didn't feel anything. Most of the girls started speaking in tongues, but I got nothing. I earnestly and sincerely ask God for it, but nothing happened.

When I got to Ife and started attending ECU, the fellowship my parents attended, we had to take a membership class and my teacher and his best friend also tried to get me baptised in the Holy Spirit to no avail. I remember them taking me to the sports center and praying with me and urging me to speak. I patiently waited for the Holy Spirit to descend on me but nothing happened. Then they had to explain that speaking in tongues is by faith. God supplies the word, and we speak them out, they said. To me it sounded as if they were encouraging me to fake it, and suggesting that everyone fakes it, but I just couldn't accept that. I wanted to experience it genuinely, like the apostles did in the bible.

So one day, as I was praying very intensely in my room, I felt a subtle urge to start saying some nonsense words that came to my mind, and I did. And once I started, I found that new words came to my mind and I could continue speaking them. That's how I started speaking in tongues. In my fellowship, it was common for the pastors to ask everyone to start speaking in tongues during worship; now I could join in! But it was also a bit of a disappointment because the experience was emotional, not supernatural. The Holy Spirit didn't take over my body.

When I was re-watching Sinach's video to transcribe her tongues, I actually felt the urge to speak in tongues again. I think listening to the beautiful way she sang the tongues triggered something in me. I bet I can still speak in tongues today if I choose to succumb to the feeling.
They indirectly encourage me to fake it in one christ embassy church last year but I just couldn't, cos I knew it won't make sense.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by tintingz(m): 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:
I think you do not understand what a research is and what parameters go into it.
I know what a research is, because a religious scientist did a research doesn't mean it is final.

Shamans teach their language and it is a closely guarded secret which is passed on from generation to generation and is not permitted to be declared to one who is not a shaman
You're yet to show me how shamans speaking in tongue is differ from christian.

# Shaman dance to spiritual songs, Christians do same.

# Shamans speak in secret tongue that were pass from generation(your claim), Christians speak the same tongue that they heard from their parents, pastors etc.

I already told you that you had no holy ghost experience so faking it will only expose you.
How will it expose me? How sure are you that your pastor is not faking the so called heavenly tongue.? undecided
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:

What are you saying
I just put it in a way you guys would understand since that's your belief
I was a christian once you know undecided
No, you weren't, you were a church goer. There's a difference.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
Codedrock:

They indirectly encourage me to fake it in one christ embassy church last year but I just couldn't, it won't make sense.

Oh yes it most definitely can be faked but a spiritually discerning believer can tell the fake from the real because the spirit of God bears witness with our spirit that we are sons of God so if i meet my fellow believer there must be a witnessing from my spirit to his that we are one and the same.

Most times if you desire the Holy spirit hard enough he can come upon you anywhere. It could be when you are dancing and singing in church or when alone or when in worship or even when walking on the street.

Many are trying to fake it but only a man filled with the Holy Ghost can impart same on another. You cannot give what you do not have.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 7:15pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:

No, you weren't, you were a church goer. There's a difference.
*facepalm*
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by tintingz(m): 7:17pm On Nov 29, 2016
urheme:

there is actually a real tongue..... i can tell the difference...

the real one come and does not go empty..... it must treat something.

there is also the regular tongue that people become use to...but however.....the real tongue also float itself in to the mouth of regular tongueor.......if you are sensitive to power, you will know when the pastor just spoke a real tongue.....so you key into it.
Lol, Now it is only someone who's sensitive to power will know a real heavenly tongue is not faked? grin
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:17pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
*facepalm*

Do you think perfunctory visits to the church make one a Christian ?
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
[quote author=tintingz post=51490344] I know what a research is, because a religious scientist did a research doesn't mean it is final.

where is your proof that the scientist was Religious?

# Shamans speak in secret tongue that were pass from generation(your claim), Christians speak the same tongue that they heard from their parents, pastors etc.

Shamans speak a language that they learn...the Holy Spirit tongues CANNOT BE TAUGHT that is the difference. True Christians do not speak what they hear others speak but what the Holy spirit Gives them utterance to speak. The Tongues i began with about 20yrs ago is not the same today because it grows so now i believe i have a lot more utterance in tongues now than when i first began

How will it expose me? How sure are you that your pastor is not faking the so called heavenly tongue.? undecided

If you walk with God there is gift which He will bestow on you called DISCERNMENT. Its the ability to test every spirit to know that which is of God. If you attempt faking tongues in my presence take it from me I WILL KNOW..

I have seen enough during deliverance sessions to know when demons are the ones speaking tongues and when people are faking it. Its called Discernment.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
*facepalm*

Young man, give your life to Christ..

2 Likes

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
that's the point I'm not busy right now
Until January
And yes I have completely left I just talk about religion cuz it plays an important part in our society and unbelievers like myself don't have a voice in it
I mean would you people even vote for an unbeliever as your leader
No you would not
You people sef
You just want people like atheists and unbelievers to shut up while you get to talk about your beliefs freely undecided
I wouldn't care if it has not eaten so deeply in your society. If there were followers of Santa Claus imposing thier beliefs and letting it influence our society then yes i would talk about Santa claus smiley
I stumbled on an article about the breakdown and the hospitalization of Kanye West. Its was stated that he said he was under spiritual attack. When i read the comments, i was shocked to find Americans responding like Nigerian Christians.

Hundreds of comments, almost all Christians, saying what NL christians would say. Christianity is not a Nigerian thing, so get over yourself.

There are more Christians in down town America than they are in Nigeria. Hollywood makes it seem like they are more unbelievers lie.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Ranchhoddas: 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
Omudia11:
Pls just give me an answer... You will know shortly.
No I did not.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by tintingz(m): 7:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
Omudia11:
Can't be proven!
There is a link I dropped above go check it out and besides Dr Andrew is not even sure about some of his claims like Se.un said.

A language they obviously learn! Not the same with Christianity. You aren't taught nothing!

Learn to say only what you know. Not everyone speaks in tongues. The experiment wasn't the same for those who faked it as there is activity in their frontal lobe. Those who speak genuine tongues experience no activity in the frontal lobe.
Tah, he didn't did an experiment on other belief, religion that speaks in tongue.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 7:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
so you don't actively go to church
See? You think going to church made you a Christian right? Hahahahahahahahaha. You make me laf. Satan goes to church, is he a Christian?
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 7:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
Omudia11:
You were a church goer, not a christian! Now give us scientific proof of hypnotism through air blowing.
Thats good. Very good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by hopefulLandlord: 7:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Oh yes it most definitely can be faked but a spiritually discerning believer can tell the fake from the real because the spirit of God bears witness with our spirit that we are sons of God so if i meet my fellow believer there must be a witnessing from my spirit to his that we are one and the same.

Most times if you desire the Holy spirit hard enough he can come upon you anywhere. It could be when you are dancing and singing in church or when alone or when in worship or even when walking on the street.

Many are trying to fake it but only a man filled with the Holy Ghost can impart same on another. You cannot give what you do not have.

were the tongues in waymaker by sinach real or fake?
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:

I stumbled on an article about the breakdown and the hospitalization of Kanye West. Its was stated that he said he was under spiritual attack. When i read the comments, i was shocked to find Americans responding like Nigerian Christians.

Hundreds of comments, almost all Christians, saying what NL christians would say. Christianity is not a Nigerian thing, so get over yourself.

There are more Christians in down town America than they are in Nigeria. Hollywood makes it seem like they are more unbelievers lie.

where did I say Christianity is a Nigerian thing
Is that what you picked it from what I said
What part of our world is heavily influenced by religous people because they are the majority and of they can talk about their beliefs freely I should also have the right to didn't you understand from my comment
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:

See? You think going to church made you a Christian right? Hahahahahahahahaha. You make me laf. Satan goes to church, is he a Christian?
he said he's not religious
Dude if you don't understand what I mean then shut up
Do me a favour and stop mentioning me
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
what kind of no true Scotsman fallacy is this
Anybody that left Christianity was never a christian??
Well I do know I've given my life to Christ and was in the choir when I was still a christian
Ummm I beg your pardon@thie second sentence
Yes. No one will have a relationship with Christ and leaves. You won't. You can't.

Guy. You never were in Christ. You were in Church.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:

Yes. No one will have a relationship with Christ leaves. You won't. You can't.

Guy. You never were in Christ. You were in Church.
ok
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 7:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Do you think perfunctory visits to the church make one a Christian ?
you are supposed to be better than this
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

were the tongues in waymaker by sinach real or fake?

Real! I say this because i have listened repeatedly to the song and there is a witnessing to my spirit all the time. The deep always calls to the deep.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 7:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
Actually when I was a christian I never had any interest in the nonsense
Maybe because most people I knew didn't seem to do it genuinely
They usually had a ringtone or something on their phone and they always related the same gibberish in every prayer
I don't think this is how angels converse
Stop lying to yourself. You were never a Christian. A tare that's what you were. Now that fruit time has come, its showing.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
you are supposed to be better than this

How does this answer my question ?
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:

Stop lying to yourself. You were never a Christian. A tare that's what you were. Now that fruit time has come, its showing.
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Aborisa:yoruba Religion / Kemi Olunloyo Begs For Forgiveness As She Testifies In Church (Video) / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.