Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (95182 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2010
joanana:

angry You SIDNEY SHELDON n its boring? What? I m a sheldon freak think ve read almost all his novels. Go read
MASTER OF THE GAME; TELL ME your DREAMS; DOOMSDAY CONSPIRACY; MORNING, NOON N NIGHT. N comeback n give me feedback. Cant seem to read any other author, but i love MARY HIGGINS CLARK novels, ithink i ve few of them. I read JOHN GRISHIAM once didnt find it too interesting, i detest DANIELLE STEELs novels. I ve read one of ROBERT HOODLUM n SANDRA BROWN well i dont fancy thre novels.

Thanks for the suggestion but i'm not feeling him or her or it. Maybe in a few months when i get interested i'll try one his/her/it's book.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2010
joanana:

angry You SIDNEY SHELDON n its boring? What? I m a sheldon freak think ve read almost all his novels. Go read
MASTER OF THE GAME; TELL ME your DREAMS; DOOMSDAY CONSPIRACY; MORNING, NOON N NIGHT. N comeback n give me feedback. Cant seem to read any other author, but i love MARY HIGGINS CLARK novels, ithink i ve few of them. I read JOHN GRISHIAM once didnt find it too interesting, i detest DANIELLE STEELs novels. I ve read one of[b] ROBERT HOODLUM[/b] n SANDRA BROWN well i dont fancy thre novels.
ROTFLMAO. . .robert 'hoodlum', shows what you think of him, read a ton of his books, i like the whole take over the world theme grin, read 90% of the sheldon's available, what i like is the twist that he pulls of sometimes, John grisham is cool now. . .

btw, it's ludlum. . .he's a pretty distinguished someborri. . .still lmao
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 5:30pm On Aug 18, 2010
Thank you for making me not do something terrible, Netotse. Whether Hoodlum was by mistake or intentional is immaterial cuz both are blasphemous. Sheldon isn't bad cuz he just writes his shiznik without much research and it manages to come together nicely.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Tatase(f): 9:29pm On Aug 18, 2010
@ topic,

The Celeb Diaries by Mark Frith
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:49am On Aug 22, 2010
[size=13pt]Honour among thieves, to start with the title really got to me.Im glad i wasnt let down, now i have always been an ardent Jeffrey Archer fan and thats due to novels like these. wink
[/size]

netotse:

Jeffery Archer - honour among thieves
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 10:24am On Aug 22, 2010
Reading Kane and Abel. For nostalgia sake. I'll travelling a lot soon. Gotta embrace the books.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Cristalz(f): 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2010
Breaking Dawn. . .by Stephanie Meyer.

Vampires/werewolves/humans and the troubles that plague 'em all in Stephanie's fantasy world. grin
Prefer this to New Moon and Eclipse. . .more blood and gore. Just like a proper vampire story should be.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Suzanne84(f): 10:25am On Aug 23, 2010
Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 25, 2010
Gbagaun - Vescucci
vescucci:

Reading Kane and Abel. For nostalgia sake. I'll travelling a lot soon. Gotta embrace the books.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 1:33pm On Aug 25, 2010
She's Come Undone ~ Wally Lamb
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ajekpaks(m): 4:44pm On Aug 25, 2010
The Godfather - Mario Puzo
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by slap1(m): 4:02pm On Aug 29, 2010
Sociology of Education by Dr. Stella Agu. As boring as most academic books, but I must read it to make my A.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Buchiogiso(m): 7:28pm On Aug 29, 2010
I am seriously into the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn. am doing Transfer of power right now and as i expected, its explosive.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by angelempy(f): 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2010
Reading A Woman of Substance By Barbara Taylor Bradford
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by v3: 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2010
Rhonda Bryne - The Secret
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 11:31am On Aug 31, 2010
Done with Kane and Abel. Funny, I didn't enjoy it as the first time. I'm looking thru different older glasses I guess. To Kill a Mockingbird next
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by baslone: 1:09pm On Aug 31, 2010
MARIO PUZO

Fools Die.

Been on it for two weeks now.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by seysey: 7:59pm On Sep 01, 2010
Half of a yellow sun by Chimamanda Adiche. a very nice one
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2010
Has anybody read The Snowman by Jo Nesbo
People have been recommending it.

MARIO PUZO

Fools Die.

Been on it for two weeks now

I'm going to re-read mine soon.

Done with Kane and Abel. Funny, I didn't enjoy it as the first time. I'm looking thru different older glasses I guess. To Kill a Mockingbird next

I didn't really enjoy it the first time too.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Moyola(f): 9:54am On Sep 06, 2010
A Liverpool Lass - K. Flynn
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2010
vescucci:

BlueDiva:

I didn't really enjoy it the first time too.

i'm going to re-read mine, thoroughly enjoyed it the first time though, maybe it's because i had watched the film already. . .
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Suzanne84(f): 4:11pm On Sep 09, 2010
Q and A by Vikas Swarup
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by LeStylo: 4:23pm On Sep 09, 2010
Anyone tried out DAVID BALDACCI's books? Prolific is a sufficint word.

But then seriously, beyond all these una oyinbo books anyone really tasted African literatures? The African writers series from Peter Abrahams, Francis Selomey, Ferdinand Oyono, Amoadou Cheik, Chinua Achebe, They remain my most prized collection of literature!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Survivor9: 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2010
IMO, Baldacci is just ok. nothing spectacular.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2010
I've read a few African authors. Most of them make it all about Africa some apologetically and some defiantly (both annoying) and since I'm African I get a little tired. There are some awesome ones too but they manage to sound like foreigners writing about their roots. It's all freaky.

@Netotse. Kane and Abel started getting annoying when Abel started opening Barons all over the world like they were flower shops.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Omoosedabi: 11:20pm On Sep 09, 2010
Gulliver's Travel

This is the 2nd time am reading the book!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by jchublue: 12:49am On Sep 10, 2010
Great stuff

i am currently visiting this blog: http://woahnigeria./

Had a laugh there

I have subscribed to it as well
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2010
Allah Is Not Obliged by Ahmadou Kourouma.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by morzook(m): 10:16pm On Sep 10, 2010
Thomas Harris Hannibal,
i love that serial killer called Hannibal Lecter, have read three books about him,
RED DRAGON
SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Gamine(f): 11:26pm On Sep 10, 2010
Men are Lunatics, Women are Nuts!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 1:05am On Sep 11, 2010
Gamine:

Men are Lunatics, Women are Nuts!
by who? sounds like a nice read
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Gamine(f): 1:32am On Sep 11, 2010
Ronald B. Shwartz

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (100)

Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows / FEIRE - A Romance Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.