Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,473 members, 7,830,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (95257 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Gamine(f): 1:38am On Sep 28, 2010
netotse:

are Audio books that good? the idea of having some stranger read stuff out to me just doesn't cut it, plus i read fast so i'll prolly get impatient. Although i'd be willing to try mere christianity if it was CS himself reading it. . .anyone else is fa fa fowl.
but for real, is there anything gen-gen about audiobooks?

It is 'gen-gen' because it is C.S Himself reading the books with all the passion he wrote the books with.
Normally, I wouldn't do audio books.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 1:51am On Sep 28, 2010
i'll give it a shot. . .i dont mind trying new things especially when there's someone else to blame grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spicyhoney(f): 4:48pm On Sep 28, 2010
INFIDEL by Ayaan Hirsi Ali

what a memoir!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by yinkalink(f): 5:21pm On Sep 28, 2010
vescucci:

I'll advise you to drop the grisly Grisham cuz it's a sham of his norm. It's possibly his worst book to me.
are we talking about the same book here?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Thelonius: 6:08pm On Sep 28, 2010
netotse:

are Audio books that good? the idea of having some stranger read stuff out to me just doesn't cut it, plus i read fast so i'll prolly get impatient. Although i'd be willing to try mere christianity if it was CS himself reading it. . .anyone else is fa fa fowl.

but for real, is there anything gen-gen about audiobooks?

Audiobooks are ok, though it doesn't compare to actual reading. I find them useful on those long commutes when I'm too tired to turn pages.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 6:29pm On Sep 28, 2010
Yes Yinka. The Chamber. The ending sucked. Pointless.

@Topic. Just finished In the Name of God. Took till the 3rd chapter to get engaging. Written like a textbook. Repetitive, but informative.

@Spicyhoney. Is that Infidel book that good? The woman looks like she never stepped a foot in Somalia. Reminded me of an episode of Lie to Me.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by UyiIredia(m): 7:32pm On Sep 28, 2010
The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

that Dawkins eeehnnnn !!! >>> the guy too like controversy
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 10:14pm On Sep 28, 2010
^^^Unfortunately he also has a knack for being right most times.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spicyhoney(f): 11:56am On Sep 29, 2010
@vescucci
Well, am still on the book, but so far its ok and seems revealing. Why do u think she never lived in Somalia? Books like this that reveals the negativity of a particular religion will definitely be seen as controversial especially if you are not reading with an open mind.

Its her memoir, so there's no way she could have included that part of her life to it if its not true. I bet memoirs are usually verifiable especially for someone like her who is known in the world.
(Mind u, am not her fan, a friend just told me about her and wants me to read her books)
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2010
I didn't mean she was dishonest. Far from it. I'm sure whatever happened to her is probably a tip of the iceberg. I'm not sure there'll be anything new in it.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spicyhoney(f): 2:43pm On Sep 29, 2010
ok!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 3:55pm On Sep 29, 2010
@vesucci
which episode of lie to me?. . .which season?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 9:22pm On Sep 29, 2010
I don't remember which episode but it's the first season. The guy that gets high on truth serum almost hit it off with the author but her lying truncated that possibility. The author of Infidel looks like the one in Lie to Me but I guess most Somalis probably look alike.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 9:24pm On Sep 29, 2010
The one in Lie to Me might have been Sudanese. Same difference really
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 30, 2010
I'm reading 'DISGUISE' and every page of it gets more interesting. Just finished reading 'rant of ravens'
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by jchublue: 7:49pm On Sep 30, 2010
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2010
The Theory of Everything. Stephen Hawkings
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by slap1(m): 11:34am On Oct 07, 2010
Today's edition of Business Day newspaper.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Gamine(f): 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2010
^^lol, I'm pretty sure the topic says 'Book'

@topic

Ted Dekker and Bill Bright ~ A Man called Blessed
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Judeylive(m): 8:56am On Oct 08, 2010
Gamine:

^^lol, I'm pretty sure the topic says 'Book'

@topic

Ted Dekker and Bill Bright ~ A Man called Blessed

So you are a fan of 'Dirk Gently' too? hmmmn,
I need to discuss some important thing with you. are you on facebook, or can you give me your email addy?

I promise it aint PERSONAL!!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by newdeal(m): 5:44pm On Oct 08, 2010
@topic

Lives of The Poets by E.L Doctorow for the nth time!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by bomly(f): 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2010
Principle of Medical Statistics 4th Edition.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2010
The Road. Cormac McCarthy.

Minimalist stuff. Just how I like it
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by invisible2(m): 7:33am On Oct 11, 2010
"The craft and business of writing" done by a collection of writer's digest book authors and introduced by Robert Brewer. If you want to be a writer, this is all you need.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by oyinda3(f): 9:13am On Oct 14, 2010
vescucci:

The Road. Cormac McCarthy.

Minimalist stuff. Just how I like it

wow. you are always reading sha. how is your eyesight? tongue
anyways, I liked The Road. kinda depressing though
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 10:04am On Oct 14, 2010
The Road has been made into a move ba? With Viggo Mortesen abi how dem dey spell im name. I have it on my 'puter but I haven't seen it. Seems like the kindda stuff that will require a lot of emotional energy and I no dey that one now.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 4:03pm On Oct 14, 2010
Just finished Kane and abel for the third time. . .that book is gangsta'
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by v3: 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2010
Failing Forward. . thought provoking and inspirational
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by commoninfo: 7:36pm On Oct 14, 2010
The book is very interesting, it dealt with some family related issues. Is a very powerful book i will recommend to every home, most especially, the firstborn of the family. The book has taught me so many things and i can not keep it from the people like you. The title of the book is "The Battle Against The Firstborn". You can get the book from the following link: http://www.firstbornredemption.org
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 8:41pm On Oct 14, 2010
Bleh. Nothing can redeem my kinda first born.

@Oyinda. The last few books I read are small ones. The Road is small too. Don't actually read much as it seems. Funny you should mention my eyesight for I was at The National Eye Centre today for a check up. The sexy lady doctor after having dyed my eye leaned so close peering into it, I thought she was gonna kiss me. Not an entirely problematic scenario.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 11:01pm On Oct 14, 2010
@v
wey that national eye center? me sef one test my eye. . . grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Judeylive(m): 12:05am On Oct 15, 2010
Executive Orders - Tom Clancy

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (100)

Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows / FEIRE - A Romance Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.