Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,306 members, 7,829,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (95250 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 8:54am On Sep 11, 2010
The alpha lunatic
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 12, 2010
FOCUS: The future of your company depends on it. - - - Al Ries.

Dreamweaving: The secret of overwhelming your business competition. - - -Michael Chandler.

The 50th Law - - - 50 cent & Robert Greene.

The 18 Immutable Laws of Corporate Reputation - - - Ronald J. Alsop
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tpiah: 4:21am On Sep 13, 2010
the story of mankind.

fascinating book.

still halfway through it.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2010
I'm reading a book, the title of which, I cannot mention here. Fancy that.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 8:36pm On Sep 13, 2010
Tales of Protection by Erik Fosnes Hansen
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 10:47pm On Sep 13, 2010
vescucci:

I'm reading a book, the title of which, I cannot mention here. Fancy that.

there's nothing to be ashamed of, quite a number of guys your age have been know to enjoy reading cosmopolitan. . . grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 11:06pm On Sep 13, 2010
Lol. If you knew me you'd liken me to Johnny Depp in Secret Window or Emma Thompson in Stranger Than Fiction, completely disinterested in anything fashionable and certainly not a dandy. Besides, I'm saving other people trauma and myself explanations.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Suzanne84(f): 4:33pm On Sep 14, 2010
Q and A by Vikas Swarup
Honestly Slumdog Millionaire didn't do justice to this story.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by eldee(m): 8:43pm On Sep 16, 2010
The Girl Who Played With Fire - Steig Larsson

The one thing I never appreciated about John Grisham . . . she removed it. We have a bad hero/heroine not just those silly do-gooders in all those crime stories.
This is the most interesting heroine I've ever seen in a novel. . .even Sidney Sheldon heroines don't touch Lisabeth Salander. . .
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 5:35pm On Sep 17, 2010
Hmmm. This is good news for me. A certain BlueDiva will escape crucifiction after all. I've not started reading my copies but I hope to by november.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by slap1(m): 3:46pm On Sep 18, 2010
Reading my Sociology text book. Boring.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 12:24am On Sep 20, 2010
help by Kathryn Stockett. . .really cool book. . .
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 22, 2010
A Bright Shining Lie by Neil Sheehan
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2010
I've discarded my reading itinerary. I'm reading In the Name of God by John Teehan and The Life of Pi by Yann Martel.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by nikkyali(f): 2:28am On Sep 23, 2010
i am waiting for NYSC in November so i decided to read books, i have read by my count now 478 books, since june i am currently reading the last book in the top100 new york bestsellers list.
Romance novel lovers you guys should check out CL wilson, her books are awesome! and if u read e books contact me and i'll hook u up.
nikky
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Gamine(f): 3:20pm On Sep 23, 2010
I recently read Chimamanda's Birdsong. (Currently waiting for the rest of it)
I am starting to really love this woman,
it's so weird that i see myself in all her books.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 4:10pm On Sep 23, 2010
Gamine:

I recently read Chimamanda's Birdsong. (Currently waiting for the rest of it)
I am starting to really love this woman,
it's so weird that i see myself in all her books.
that story is tight. . .sey it's only one? where did you see it?

you see yourself in her books ehn?. . .that speaks volumes o.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by yinkalink(f): 1:58am On Sep 24, 2010
I read *not a penny more,not a penny less* by jeffrey archer last week.I am currently readinhg *the chamber* by john grisham.pls I would like to meet anyone who schools or lives in abeokuta that wants to xchange books with me.I read everything xcept motivational books
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 9:56am On Sep 24, 2010
I'll advise you to drop the grisly Grisham cuz it's a sham of his norm. It's possibly his worst book to me.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Gamine(f): 10:48pm On Sep 24, 2010
netotse:

that story is tight. . .sey it's only one? where did you see it?

you see yourself in her books ehn?. . .that speaks volumes o.

I initially thought it was part of the new book she's writing
but it may not be.

What volumes?? hehe. cheesy
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 1:20pm On Sep 25, 2010
Gamine:

I initially thought it was part of the new book she's writing
but it may not be.

What volumes?? hehe. cheesy
chimamanda has interesting/odd/unstable characters. . .your mind must be a veritable maze

i think Birdsong was a contribution to a collection of short stories called 20 under 40 for the newyorker

hopefully, her next offering'll be a proper book, 'the thing around our neck' was cool but still i prefer her books.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Gamine(f): 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2010
netotse:

chimamanda has interesting/odd/unstable characters. . .your mind must be a veritable maze

i think Birdsong was a contribution to a collection of short stories called 20 under 40 for the newyorker

hopefully, her next offering'll be a proper book, 'the thing around our neck' was cool but still i prefer her books.

Yes, I know it was, that's where i read it. But some people had hinted it could be part of her new book.
She has definitely grown so far in writing, can't wait to read whatever she is working on now.

About the characters, well I don't read books just for fun or out of boredom. If i don't 'like' the characters, I usually
drop them. I have to 'connect' somehow. I think it's the blatant humanity of the characters (being odd/unstable)
that have endeared me to her books now.
And yeah, My mind is such a maze, it's only human.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 5:41pm On Sep 26, 2010
Gamine:

Yes, I know it was, that's where i read it. But some people had hinted it could be part of her new book.
She has definitely grown so far in writing, can't wait to read whatever she is working on now.

About the characters, well I don't read books just for fun or out of boredom. If i don't 'like' the characters, I usually
drop them. I have to 'connect' somehow. I think it's the blatant humanity of the characters (being odd/unstable)
that have endeared me to her books now.

And yeah, My mind is such a maze, it's only human.

cant fault you there, of which on the forum where i read the story some guy was complaining about how chimamanda is too sexual. . .lol, you shoulda seen how people shot him down.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 26, 2010
The Other Side of Midnight by Sheldon.

Hmmm. This is good news for me. A certain BlueDiva will escape crucifiction after all. I've not started reading my copies but I hope to by november.

You can cash my recommendations in a bank. . . wink
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 11:11pm On Sep 26, 2010
Lol. Swiss bank account number? That's how I roll
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tpiah: 4:50am On Sep 27, 2010
mockingjay.

last book in the hunger games trilogy.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Gamine(f): 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2010
netotse:

cant fault you there, of which on the forum where i read the story some guy was complaining about how chimamanda is too sexual. . .lol, you shoulda seen how people shot him down.

LOL!

@Topic,

Mere Christianity ~ C.S Lewis,
recommended by a very wonderful Nairalander
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 2:26pm On Sep 27, 2010
Gamine:

LOL!

@Topic,

Mere Christianity ~ C.S Lewis,
recommended by a very wonderful Nairalander
i always suspected it, you are a winsh, why you come dey follow me up and down the country now? i just filched that book from my younger bro. . .but it's screwtape letters i really want to read sha
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Gamine(f): 4:47pm On Sep 27, 2010
netotse:

i always suspected it, you are a winsh, why you come dey follow me up and down the country now? i just filched that book from my younger bro. . .but it's screwtape letters i really want to read sha

Now you know! cheesy
Mere Christianity is considered to be a 'stand-out' (polls)
but I'm sure Screwtape letters would be equally good.
Get the Audio books if you can.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Thelonius: 11:10pm On Sep 27, 2010
netotse:

but it's screwtape letters i really want to read sha

The screwtape letters is a good read if you want an insight to how good and evil battle for our minds, quite comical book though. Haven't read fiction in a while, currently trying to get a hang of web 2.0 with The shift
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 11:22pm On Sep 27, 2010
Thelonius:

The screwtape letters is a good read if you want an insight to how good and evil battle for our minds, quite comical book though. Haven't read fiction in a while, currently trying to get a hang of web 2.0 with The shift
the idea of the book just trips me, how many authors(particularly of his generation) could come up with a concept like that. . .checked 'The Shift' that's pretty heavy reading o, not the sort of stuff you do for fun.

Gamine:

Now you know! cheesy
Mere Christianity is considered to be a 'stand-out' (polls)
but I'm sure Screwtape letters would be equally good.
Get the Audio books if you can.
are Audio books that good? the idea of having some stranger read stuff out to me just doesn't cut it, plus i read fast so i'll prolly get impatient. Although i'd be willing to try mere christianity if it was CS himself reading it. . .anyone else is fa fa fowl.

but for real, is there anything gen-gen about audiobooks?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by lindalee(f): 12:33am On Sep 28, 2010
whaow! and someone's saying Nigerians don't read, guess whomever said that must be doomed for a wide awakening after going through this blog, anyway, i am a book lover too and the truth is, i read everything, motivational,detective,adventure,romance,medical fictions etc, i love JOHN GRISHAM and SIDNEY SHELDON just read 2 of sidney sheldon's but they were tight,for John Grisham i just want to read all his books heard they are about 10 but have just gone through 4 , A TIME TO KILL,PELICAN BRIEF, THE FIRM,RUN AWAY JURY,THE BROKER at the moment am reading his THE PARTNER, and a Motivational from Joel Osteen "become a better you"

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (100)

Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows / FEIRE - A Romance Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.