Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,347 members, 7,829,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (95253 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Gamine(f): 12:08am On Oct 15, 2010
Funny I went for an eye test this morning too,
getting new glasses *random*

@topic,

C.S Lewis ~ Screwtape Letters

I'm so glad I've finally given out the Twilight books I was given!!
I feel sooo relieved!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 12:19am On Oct 15, 2010
Judeylive:

Executive Orders - Tom Clancy
nice book. . .reminds me of robert ludlum's icarus agenda, i think i'll re-read that tomorrow. smiley

Gamine:

Funny I went for an eye test this morning too,
getting new glasses *random*

@topic,

C.S Lewis ~ Screwtape Letters

I'm so glad I've finally given out the Twilight books I was given!!
I feel sooo relieved!
this gel. . .it's official, somebody sent you to me. . .i've been dreaming about that book for ages,sad thing is i'm always broke when i see it  cry

as per the twilight books, i read them before watching the films(still haven't watched all of them sef) so i liked them. . .the last one was my fav though
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by golfg(f): 10:13am On Oct 15, 2010
[b][/b] Alice Walker's Anything We Love Can Be Saved
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Bella87(f): 10:37am On Oct 15, 2010
Just finished reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's' Nest (by Stieg Larsson); I'm about starting The Hunger Games' trilogy (by Suzanne Collins).
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by teeluv(m): 2:47pm On Oct 15, 2010
Green by TED DEkker, last of the lost books of history,

Bella87:

Just finished reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's' Nest (by Stieg Larsson); I'm about starting The Hunger Games' trilogy (by Suzanne Collins).

looks like u read nd watch tv series alot, do u ever hv time to go out?,
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Bella87(f): 3:06pm On Oct 15, 2010
teeluv:

looks like u read nd watch tv series alot,  do u ever hv time to go out?,

I've got a tablet/ebook reader, goes everywhere with me -- but now I'm on sick leave, so more books/tv series/movies
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Gamine(f): 6:56pm On Oct 15, 2010
netotse:

this gel. . .it's official, somebody sent you to me. . .i've been dreaming about that book for ages,sad thing is i'm always broke when i see it  cry

as per the twilight books, i read them before watching the films(still haven't watched all of them sef) so i liked them. . .the last one was my fav though

Why don't you get the e-book? iSwear, I can't believe I never got down to reading it earlier,
but better late than never.

Twilight? Never read, never watched. .I don't intend to do so, now or in any future.
this link is tres funny! >> http://reasoningwithvampires.tumblr.com/
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by oyinda3(f): 2:04am On Oct 16, 2010
vescucci:

Bleh. Nothing can redeem my kinda first born.

@Oyinda. The last few books I read are small ones. The Road is small too. Don't actually read much as it seems. Funny you should mention my eyesight for I was at The National Eye Centre today for a check up. The sexy lady doctor after having dyed my eye leaned so close peering into it, I thought she was gonna kiss me. Not an entirely problematic scenario.

do u read dostoevsky?

hahaha @ "national eye centre" is that in naija?
hmmm what do u mean not problematic. don't let ur wife catch u. or better still, don't let her husband catch u because otherwise. . .
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 2:11am On Oct 16, 2010
Gamine:

Why don't you get the e-book? iSwear, I can't believe I never got down to reading it earlier,
but better late than never.

Twilight? Never read, never watched. .I don't intend to do so, now or in any future.
this link is tres funny! >> http://reasoningwithvampires.tumblr.com/

if you liked that link, you should read Eats, Shoots and leaves by Lynne Truss

as per the e-book thingy, i just might one of these days, but you know how there are some books that you just refuse to read in anything but paperback? well C.S. Lewis' books fall under that category for me. . .
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by MyneWhite1(f): 4:17am On Oct 16, 2010
Powder necklace by Brew Hammond
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tianshie(m): 8:35am On Oct 16, 2010
Good Neighbours . . . Jonathan Franzen
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 1:05pm On Oct 16, 2010
@Oyinda. National Eye Centre is a real place, lol. What wife? I'm a free agent. Didn't think of a husband earlier but then I wasn't the one leaning too close into someone. Don't tell me you read Dostoyevsky. I do but it feels like undertaking a project. He's so full of thought.

Off topic. I think Kafka is over rated.

@Topic. Some stuff about Scientology
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 17, 2010
Where Are You Now?. . . Mary Higgins Clark
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by sirwebs(m): 10:56am On Oct 17, 2010
The Adventures of Huck Finn.

Anybody got any idea how interesting is Ken Follet's Fall of Giants?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2010
Wild Animus
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 10:50pm On Oct 17, 2010
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Robert M. Pirsig

Kinda big and I've been getting used to these small books. Shoot
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by zebra543: 10:51pm On Oct 17, 2010
Goodnight nobody by jennifer weiner
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tpiah: 2:58am On Oct 18, 2010
princess mia and princess forever.

not bad for chick lit.

nicely wraps up the whole series (havent read them all though) and occasionally it's nice to know how the rich live and name drop.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ogiwayoaga: 10:11am On Oct 18, 2010
[size=14pt]We are sponsoring writers to sell their books in the huge American market. We encourage applications too from women. Sponsorship is solely our responsibility. We pay for everything. Visit our website www.touristvisas.info and www.visainvitationletters.info for more details.

www.touristvisas.info

www.visainvitationletters.info
[/size]
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Phate07(m): 6:52am On Oct 19, 2010

Now Reading
The Golden Buddha by Clive Cussler
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 19, 2010
Now reading the Bible by God
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Gamine(f): 1:22pm On Oct 19, 2010
^^ I would like to read that grin

@topic

Fela: This B.itch Of A Life ~ Carlos Moore

Fela actually wanted the title to be 'This Motherf.ucking Life' lol
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Judeylive(m): 12:52am On Oct 20, 2010
How Stella Got Her Groove Back - Terry McMillan
Bag of Bones - Stephen King
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2010
Black lightning by John Saul.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by oyinda3(f): 9:58am On Oct 21, 2010
vescucci:

@Oyinda. National Eye Centre is a real place, lol. What wife? I'm a free agent. Didn't think of a husband earlier but then I wasn't the one leaning too close into someone. Don't tell me you read Dostoyevsky. I do but it feels like undertaking a project. He's so full of thought.

I think next time you go to the national eye center, u should ask for a MALE optometrist tongue

hahah and you got that right that. Dostoevsky feels like undertaking a project.
crime and punishment went by really fast. but i'm 2/3 into brothers karamazov and just started notes from underground in my summer break. i only get a chance to read them during holidays so maybe christmas time i hope to finish.

@ topic,

omnivoire's dilemma -- Michael Pollan
The History of the Yorubas from the Earliest Times to the Beginning of the British Protectorate -- Samuel Johnson
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:59am On Oct 21, 2010
Tom Clancy - Executive order.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 11:58am On Oct 21, 2010
Na wa o. Oyinda. I don't many people who read Dostoyevsky without it being some part of a school curriculum. Thumbs up to you
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Coolabbie: 2:33pm On Oct 23, 2010
Deception point - Dan Brown
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tpia5: 8:40am On Oct 24, 2010
memoirs of an arabian princess.

will soon take a break from all this reading sef.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by v3: 10:14am On Oct 24, 2010
A Grave Talent
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Azanor(m): 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2010
If you are a big fan of Fantasy Novels then I have only one thing to say: If you have not read anything written by Brandon Sanderson then YOU ARE WRONG and reputation as a fan of fantasy fiction is at stake. Look for the Mistborn Trilogy quickly so that you can redeem your image. I swear you will not be dissapointed.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Moyola(f): 7:39pm On Oct 24, 2010
Alwayz meanz 4eva kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (100)

Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows / FEIRE - A Romance Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.