Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (95260 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:38pm On Jan 11, 2011
[size=13pt]Finishing this book was like finishing the last book in the Harry Potter series--I was devastated knowing there will be no more! grin

Stieg Larsson did such an incredible job of wrapping up the first two books in the series with this one. It was 602 pages of incredible "can't get enough of these great characters" good stuff.

The first two books each had their own journalism adventure/theme. This book takes all the loose ends in the first two books, continuing where the second book left off (quite a cliffhanger!), and ties them all up in a neat little package. Other than a little too much boring "meat" in the middle about the structure of the Swedish government and the Secret Police, Hornet's Nest is extremely well-written, as well as exciting. No guilt! grin

Lisbeth Salander has got to be one of the most awesome heroines in modern literature--she is so incredibly invincible. Mikael Blomvkist is also someone I could not get enough of. I can't wait to see who plays these two in the movies! (I have no word on this--just crossing my fingers that there will someday be movies! grin grin wink
[/size]

Suzanne84:

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tollu: 8:58pm On Jan 11, 2011
This crowded earth - Robert Bloch
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Alcofrybas(m): 2:14am On Jan 12, 2011
The merry nights of Straparola, by Gian Francesco Straparola
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:40pm On Jan 14, 2011
[size=13pt]Listened to an audio version of this work by Bloch. Its a rather interesting 'what if' read, causing one to ponder the current state of population increase and its eventualities, The books focus? well exactly whats its title states[/size] 'This Crowded Earth'. . . . grin grin

tollu:

This crowded earth - Robert Bloch
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tollu: 2:37pm On Jan 16, 2011
^^^
Yeah, it does make one wonder.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by mksawyer(m): 2:42pm On Jan 16, 2011
what makes you wonder
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 6:21pm On Jan 16, 2011
After all these years by Susan isaacs.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tubabie(f): 10:41pm On Jan 16, 2011
Glamour by Louise Bagshawe
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tanimz(f): 12:51am On Jan 17, 2011
Legacy - Danielle Steel.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by AjanleKoko: 11:37pm On Jan 17, 2011
Malcom Gladwell - What The Dog Saw.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 10:24am On Jan 20, 2011
A heart to mend by Myne Whitman- tripple kudos to mynewhite smiley, the book did not disappoint at all (tho i'm not into the romantic genre).
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by pipiclark(m): 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2011
Romeo and juliet
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Inalu(m): 6:38pm On Jan 20, 2011
All books that can help make me a real human being; managing and balancing all the relationship equation of my life.

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:49pm On Jan 23, 2011
[size=13pt]The story of those strange lovers. . . . . grin grin[/size]

pipiclark:

Romeo and juliet
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by MLSwiss: 1:40am On Jan 24, 2011
Dracula by Dacre Stoker and Ian Holt
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 1:43am On Jan 31, 2011
This might sound stupid but is Dacre Stoker related to Bram Stoker?

Ok, I hope that dude that told me there's nothing like a stupid question is right
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 1:54am On Jan 31, 2011
^^ from wikipedia, trust at your peril grin

Because of the Stokers' frustrating history with Dracula's copyright, a great-grandnephew of Bram Stoker, novelist Dacre Stoker, with encouragement from screenwriter Ian Holt, decided to write "a sequel that bore the Stoker name" to "reestabish creative control over" the original novel. In 2009, Dracula: The Un-Dead was released, written by Dacre Stoker and Ian Holt. Both writers "based on Bram Stoker's own handwritten notes for characters and plot threads excised from the original edition" as well as their own research for the sequel.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 3:42pm On Jan 31, 2011
Lol. I think I'll trust this. What a coup though. Did it work?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 9:38am On Feb 07, 2011
Catcher in the Rye. I can read books again apparently
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by medjai(m): 7:50pm On Feb 10, 2011
The Hunt for Red October - -> Tom Clancy.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by medjai(m): 7:50pm On Feb 10, 2011
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Meristem: 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2011
Fools Die by Mario Puzo
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 6:29pm On Feb 13, 2011
i'll be seeing you by Mary Higgins Clark
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Xfactor2(f): 9:05pm On Feb 13, 2011
I just finished American Gods BY Neil Gaiman, I do not have the words to explain the marvel that is this book.

Today started on Twilight of the Idols - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche (this promises to be a very challenging read0
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by viruz007(m): 9:40am On Feb 15, 2011
jst finished area 7 by matthew reilly. Wiked action, Nw readin steven pressfield- gates of fire based on d battle of thermophylae i.e d whole 300 spartans ish, cool
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:48am On Feb 16, 2011
[size=13pt]Probably my favorite Tom Clancy novel, and certainly my favorite on submarine warfare, this book introduces Jack Ryan as a young and bright CIA analyst faced with a politically explosive situation. Realistic politics, thrilling submarine chases and battles, and believable characters make this come together well. wink[/size]

medjai:

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by sashaa(f): 7:59pm On Feb 17, 2011
The villa by Nora Roberts
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:35am On Feb 18, 2011
[size=13pt]umm. . . smiley[/size]
sashaa:

The villa by Nora Roberts
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Xfactor2(f): 6:16pm On Feb 18, 2011
X_factor:

I just finished American Gods BY Neil Gaiman, I do not have the words to explain the marvel that is this book.

I've just written my thoughts about this man on my blog, please visit. http://fabulositynouveau..com/2011/02/i-love-neil-gaiman.html

If ou enjoy fantasy, thriller, mythology, spirituality and a dark imagination, you will join the cult. This is the most awe inspiring writer I have ever encountered.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by LaviniaGil(f): 6:22am On Feb 22, 2011
I usually read more than one book at the same time.My current read include The last convertible by Anton Myrer which is beautiful youth novel and The cracker factory which is a good story.I strongly recommend the former for all lovers of romance and adventure.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ayosmiles(m): 6:30pm On Feb 22, 2011
Guys you have really been missing. This book just came out by a Nigerian, it's titled 'Times of the Supermen' by Tope Apoola. The first real Nigerian science fiction. Men, it's explosive. It's 450 pages is captivating from the beginning to the end. The book portrays a futuristic world in which strange signs appear on mars and astronauts were sent to investigate. If you love intellectual stuff, this is just what you need. I am saying this because the guys is not yet a popular writer and the book is great. it was published in the U.S.
For a short reveiw, check www.ideologyera..com

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (100)

Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows / FEIRE - A Romance Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.