Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (95034 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 7:00pm On Nov 10, 2010
Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2010
[size=13pt]I bought this book and The '' Da Vinci Code '' same day and i was like WOW! Dan Brown have made up my days and on a journey to know the un-known lol grin grin .

I recommend it. kiss
[/size]

slap1:

ANGELS AND DEMONS ---- Dan Brown
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:04pm On Nov 11, 2010
[size=13pt]Bierce was well known for his caustic wit. This book is literally a small dictionary of words, the definitions of which are a biting commentary on human nature. The man was definitely a pessimist in his attitude toward the human race & I wouldn't recommend reading this in a single sitting, it's hard to put down grin grin . I like to pick it up occasionally, especially if I'm in a bad mood. If nothing else, it spruces up your insults. wink[/size]

vescucci:

Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by slap1(m): 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]I bought this book and The '' Da Vinci Code '' same day and i was like WOW! Dan Brown  have made up my days  and on a journey to know the un-known  lol grin grin .

I recommend it. kiss
[/size]

I've read The Da Vinci Code, too. After reading it, I engaged my room-mates in a debate about the authenticity of Jesus Christ, the history of the Catholic church, the Holy bible, etc. I assured them my love for Jesus Christ remains unshaken but they thought I was crazy although I wasn't. . . .Or was I?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2010
[size=13pt]Hell Yeah-- You was crazy for assuring your friends that your love for the death Jesus Christ remains unshaken - and i guess you know you're really CRaZiA!! angry angry

Loving Jesus is the too insane. brash! grin grin lipsrsealed
[/size]

slap1:

I've read The Da Vinci Code, too. After reading it, I engaged my room-mates in a debate about the authenticity of Jesus Christ, the history of the Catholic church, the Holy bible, etc. I assured them my love for Jesus Christ remains unshaken but they thought I was crazy although I wasn't. . . .Or was I?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:55pm On Nov 18, 2010
[size=13pt]Slap1 sorry i have been thinking and decided to withdraw my comment - well , i guess you're not crazy but something strange has happened to you . remove your shirt and check your back bone now . grin grin wink[/size]
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Phate07(m): 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2010
Now Reading
Valhalla Uprising (a Dirk Pitt novel) by
Clive Cussler cool
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tubabie(f): 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2010
Cross Fire - James Patterson
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by debosky(m): 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2010
Black Market - James Patterson
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tubabie(f): 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2010
^^^^^Hey Debo, I've not read that one "Black Market". Howz did it go? Am a Patterson lover. . . . .
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by oolu(m): 1:02am On Nov 19, 2010
A Study in Scarlet by Sherlock Holmes and 1984 by George Orwell, Very good books. wink
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 1:08pm On Nov 20, 2010
You're insulting 1984 by calling it a very good book o. Do you know how many very good books there are?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by AjanleKoko: 9:32am On Nov 22, 2010
Complete short stories of Ernest Hemingway.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 2:49pm On Nov 22, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Bierce was well known for his caustic wit. This book is literally a small dictionary of words, the definitions of which are a biting commentary on human nature. The man was definitely a pessimist in his attitude toward the human race & I wouldn't recommend reading this in a single sitting, it's hard to put down grin grin . I like to pick it up occasionally, especially if I'm in a bad mood. If nothing else, it spruces up your insults. wink[/size]

Say what? I like the sound of it already grin

@Topic
Obsession ~ Jonathan Kellerman 4 more books to go and i'm complete! cheesy
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by debosky(m): 3:35pm On Nov 22, 2010
tubabie:

^^^^^Hey Debo, I've not read that one "Black Market". Howz did it go? Am a Patterson lover. . . . .

Still reading. . . I'm halfway through but I only read it for like 20 mins each day on my way back from work. Not your usual JP this one. . . . the characters are quite intriguing and damaged, very good read so far.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by mbulela: 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2010
Touch My Blood - Fred Khumalo
Just started rereading it for the second time.
1st read was almost 2 years ago.

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ikamefa(f): 8:07pm On Nov 22, 2010
Belly laughs by Jenny McCarthy
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by slap1(m): 10:56am On Nov 23, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Slap1 sorry i have been thinking and decided to withdraw my comment - well , i guess you're not crazy but something strange has happened to you . remove your shirt and check your back bone now . grin grin wink[/size]
You're welcome. My back-bone's intact.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by slap1(m): 11:00am On Nov 23, 2010
Heart of Darkness by JOSEPH CONRAD. I want to know why the book generated so much fuss.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 11:10am On Nov 23, 2010
slap1:

Heart of Darkness by JOSEPH CONRAD. I want to know why the book generated so much fuss.
isn't that the book that Chinua Achebe didn't like? i seem to remember him calling the author of a similar sounding book racist. . .
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 1:15pm On Nov 23, 2010
ok i'm in one of my personal development phases. . .so i'm reading Stephen R. Covey's 7 habits of highly effective people
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2010
[size=13pt]Yeah iice darling , this book will always turn you on . please , go get it .One of the most surprising books I know -- by far the best book I've read sans preconceptions, or at least presuggestions, of greatness. grin grin grin wink[/size]

iice:

[color=#9900ff]Say what? I like the sound of it already grin

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:55pm On Nov 23, 2010
[size=13pt]My pleasure then. . . wink .

back-bone intact? , i guess you have to check em out now my dear. . .that sound so serious . grin grin wink
[/size]

slap1:

You're welcome. My back-bone's intact.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by slap1(m): 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2010
netotse:

isn't that the book that Chinua Achebe didn't like? i seem to remember him calling the author of a similar sounding book racist. . .
Yeah, it's the same book. I bought it because of what Achebe said about it; I want to find out things for myself.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Yeah iice darling , this book will always turn you on . please , go get it .One of the most surprising books I know -- by far the best book I've read sans preconceptions, or at least presuggestions, of greatness. grin grin grin wink[/size]

lol presugestions of greatness is just wack. Better to find out if you like or not by yourself, unless the one giving the suggestion is someone who has similar tastes or someone who's taste you can trust.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Brisingr(m): 6:09pm On Nov 24, 2010
A game of thrones .r.r martins
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Moyola(f): 9:38pm On Nov 25, 2010
none oda dan ma Budgetin n FNPF bukz tongue
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Coolabbie: 5:53pm On Nov 26, 2010
False memory by Dean Koontz
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Jollof(m): 12:00am On Nov 27, 2010
A Journey By Tony Blair (former British Prime Minister)
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by snthesis(m): 1:05am On Nov 27, 2010
Ludwig
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by waleski(m): 9:47am On Nov 27, 2010
sidney sheldon's a stranger in the mirror nd tell me ur dreams

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (100)

Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows / FEIRE - A Romance Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.