Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,951 members, 7,952,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:50 AM

After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? (14318 Views)

My Girlfriend Just Sent Me A Breakup Message Because Of Her Mum_pic / Why Do Girls Get Hotter After A Breakup / Do You Have A Breakup Plan? When You’re Dating Someone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by anochuko01(m): 3:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
I was excited after my first and only breakup...I was bubbling with life even without music.
But after another girl zoned me nd gave me false hope for 5months, i was heartbroken, but all I did was to listen to songs that reassured me of God's unfailing and unending love for me. It worked than magic.
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by leahcimzil: 3:41pm On Dec 13, 2016
tosyne2much:
Go and sit down jawe cheesy
Lol is true tho...too fine to be dumped
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Jailerrr(f): 3:43pm On Dec 13, 2016
Me cry for a man? anyway that man is not yet born...plz let your friend know the true meaning of love not dying in silence, though she might be enjoying the lyrics of the songs at that point in time..she should wake up and change parade coz d guy wey she de cry for done change parade ooo definitely in za oza room....
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by tosyne2much(m): 3:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
leahcimzil:

Lol is true tho...too fine to be dumped
There's no dude that is too handsome to be dumped jawe cheesy
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Damfostopper(m): 3:47pm On Dec 13, 2016
Ask google.com
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Jailerrr(f): 3:47pm On Dec 13, 2016
hoebamaa:
Today is my birthday show me some love
Happy biday to you niggi,take some shisha....🌿🌾🌱
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by junnyjake(m): 3:51pm On Dec 13, 2016
That she's the one who broke things off doesn't mean it would hurt less.
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by lazeal: 3:52pm On Dec 13, 2016
Sandydayziz:
If u keep following me around.. Ur death certainly won't be from a natural cause smiley
what did he do to deserve such hash word from you? Are saying you are witch and possess some spiritual powers to take his life? What if you happen to be the one lying lifeless before the end of 24 hours? Thought about?

1 Like

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by silverspringle(f): 3:53pm On Dec 13, 2016
...same thing happened to me when my fiancé broke up with me(...says the mother says...the pastor says) all i wanted to do then was to lie on the bed and cry(it was my first time of genuinely loving a guy) but unlike your friend, i listened to gospel music, then i fasted and prayed like never before. I avoided every other toaster cos i sensed someone might want to take advantage of my situation. I only spoke to my family and few friends. I also read good articles online and books. "Managing your emmotion"by Joyce Meyer was one of the few books that helped me that period. Funny enough, this guy came back begging with his mum, i almost wrote him off buh then, i love him and we getting married by early next year.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Ikechukwu02: 3:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
It helps a lot

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Sandydayziz(f): 3:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
lazeal:
what did he do to deserve such hash word from you? Are saying you are witch and possess some spiritual powers to take his life? What if you happen to be the one lying lifeless before the end of 24 hours? Thought about?

I was referring to his signature!!! Did u see his reply? He clearly understood wat I meant cus we're friends... Don't jump into conclusions
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by lonelydora: 3:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
JoaquinElChapo:
Ask Adele

And Sia.
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by abdallah9566(m): 3:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
Aniker:
indeed she should Lol, these boys ain't loyal
we loyal to d core
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by drewxx88(m): 3:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
WomanOfRace:

You can love someone and still breakup with him. When the hurting is too much and you feel you can't take his shits anymore...you call it quit,then go behind close door,on the bed and cry your heart out with emotional songs like"there is no excuse my friend,for breaking myheart" then sleep. You feel a bit better once you wake. If care is not taken, the second guy pressuring you for relationship since but you ignored may serve as antidote as you start looking for someone to chat you up and anything is possible but if your heart wont let go, you still go back.

tears helps us offload hurting emotions when we are terribly hurt,after that, we feel better. Except you don't love him or love him enough,you won't cry. Women are too emotional no to.

I doubt I would go back if l'm the one, life goes on.
Hi hi i noticed you listen to MLTR am a huge fan of his songs ...

1 Like

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Sandydayziz(f): 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
silverspringle:
...same thing happened to me when my fiancé broke up with me(...says the mother says...the pastor says) all i wanted to do then was to lie on the bed and cry(it was my first time of genuinely loving a guy) but unlike your friend, i listened to gospel music, then i fasted and prayed like never before. I avoided every other toaster cos i sensed someone might want to take advantage of my situation. I only spoke to my family and few friends. I also red good articles online and books. "Managing your emmotion"by Joyce Meyer was one of the few books that helped me that period. Funny enough, this guy came back begging with his mum, i almost wrote him off buh then, i love him and we getting married by early next year.
Wow! That's a lot... He clearly loves u too

2 Likes

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by lazeal: 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
Sandydayziz:
I was referring to his signature!!! Did u see his reply? He clearly understood wat I meant cus we're friends... Don't jump into conclusions
oh... good. But dude had no siggy or are your eating your words already?
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by pweetychyka(f): 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2016
silverspringle:
...same thing happened to me when my fiancé broke up with me(...says the mother says...the pastor says) all i wanted to do then was to lie on the bed and cry(it was my first time of genuinely loving a guy) but unlike your friend, i listened to gospel music, then i fasted and prayed like never before. I avoided every other toaster cos i sensed someone might want to take advantage of my situation. I only spoke to my family and few friends. I also red good articles online and books. "Managing your emotion"by Joyce Meyer was one of the few books that helped me that period. Funny enough, this guy came back begging with his mum, i almost wrote him off buh then, i love him and we getting married by early next year.

Congrats ma'am!

You got a very nice book and she's indeed a good writer wink wink

1 Like

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Danfuster(m): 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2016
ugochukwufrenzy:
The best musıc to lısten after a breakup ıs enya...but waıt,why yeye topıcs just de hıt fp back to back?

Or yanni if you don't need vocals.

Sam Smith for softie guys

For guys like me ==> j Cole - No role model
Drake ft Lil Wayne - hell yea
Bry$on tyler- sorry not sorry
Travi$ scott- Uber everywhere
Kendrick Lamar - U.O.E.N.O freestyle
Lil Wayne - amazing Amy
Drake - hate sleeping alone
Drake - take care (deluxe edition)
Wale ft Rihanna - bad remix
Tyga- ready to fück

... Just to mention a few, this are kinda my day to day Playlist tho.

*modified*
Oh!...every "art" by The weekend
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by WomanOfRace(f): 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2016
drewxx88:
Hi hi i noticed you listen to MLTR am a huge fan of his songs ...

yes....
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Sandydayziz(f): 4:01pm On Dec 13, 2016
lazeal:
oh... good. But dude had no siggy or are your eating your words already?
Go back and check... U ad no idea yet u were judging
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Icharityteam(m): 4:02pm On Dec 13, 2016
hmm lol
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by blekko101(m): 4:04pm On Dec 13, 2016
Its natural. Many people dont cherish wat dey got until they dont have it anymore. Most times folks are so bored, sick and tired of their partners that all they see in them is their shortcomings. Their true values and importance become obvious only when they are gone. Therefore some people feel sorry (cry) for their poor judgement and actions.
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by somehowpenis(m): 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2016
BabaRamota1980:
@topic,
thats why Mary J and Braxton are hot....their music shares pain of heartbreak and are melodious.

What am i trying to say...pardon me, their music is a bridge! When the heart is broken it withdraws into itself. It will come back out but an external influence is needed to draw it out. The melody and beat excites the heart rhythym but the lyrics remind of the truth, told from someone else's experience. The "it isn't bad after all" solace!
long story
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by lazeal: 4:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
Sandydayziz:
Go back and check... U ad no idea yet u were judging
HEY! That's enough please. No need to go hyper cos I am not nice neither will I smile at you if a line crossed. Let it end there NOW!
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Caseless: 4:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
Sandydayziz:
Why? A girlfriend of mine had to break up with her bf over reasons I can't even explain! And all she does all day's listen to music and cry, I mean she broke up with him herself so it doesn't make sense at all... But what am more interested in is 'Why music'?

I mean after a breakup, all you wanna do is lie on your bed, listen to heart shattering music...
Is that the best way to grief?
Do you think it helps cry or it's silly? undecided (Broken heart syndrome)
why did you break up with your bf?
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by silverspringle(f): 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2016
Sandydayziz:
Wow! That's a lot... He clearly loves u too
smileyyea, he does even more right now

1 Like

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Sandydayziz(f): 4:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
lazeal:
HEY! That's enough please. No need to go hyper cos I am not nice neither will I smile at you if a line crossed. Let it end there NOW!
Pls stop hyping urself... U crossed d line wen u first quote me... Who cares if u nice or not?
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by silverspringle(f): 4:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
pweetychyka:

Congrats ma'am!

You got a very nice book and she's indeed a good writer wink wink
Thanks a lot. Yea, she's indeed a good writer.

1 Like

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Horlufemi(m): 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Maybe 1 out of hundred . grin
It's like finding a needle in the ocean tongue
When u see the good ones you treat them like trash.
Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by kheengjay(m): 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2016
Sandydayziz:
Why? A girlfriend of mine had to break up with her bf over reasons I can't even explain! And all she does all day's listen to music and cry, I mean she broke up with him herself so it doesn't make sense at all... But what am more interested in is 'Why music'?

I mean after a breakup, all you wanna do is lie on your bed, listen to heart shattering music...
Is that the best way to grief?
Do you think it helps cry or it's silly? undecided (Broken heart syndrome)

listening to music after heartbreak is the worst thing anyone can do to him/herself ..... as for me I just call up my able frnds (crazyones) and they yab the living day light out of me we laff over it .... constructive critism shooting from every angle n am good. Besides this recession self no even allow water compt from my eye when I never chow finish lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Sandydayziz(f): 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2016
kheengjay:

listening to music after heartbreak is the worst thing anyone can do to him/herself ..... as for me I just call up my able frnds (crazyones) and they yab the living day light out of me we laff over it .... constructive critism shooting from every angle n am good. Besides this recession self no even allow water compt from my eye when I never chow finish lol
I always thought dis was d best way to get over a breakup... Not mourning like u lost some one

1 Like

Re: After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? by Barigaboy(m): 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2016
Aniker:
How can you break-up with someone and still cry.. Why did you break up at first , wrong advice I guess
U r looking at it from an intentional break up view dear. Its not all break up that r intentional. U love a guy n slept with a friend. U might think u love him so much n u wud give him another chance while everyone around u tell u u just have to drop d guy then its gonna be issue or u love a girl taking him home your parent don't like him maybe because of his poor background n u have a different heart of true love but they say no, money is needed what would u do? People will advice u to obey your parent. U will listen to all celin dion Music tire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Increase Your Penis And Breast Naturally / Signs He’s Just Not Into You / Remember The Baby Boy That Was Born Holding Quran, See What Happened After His B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.