Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. (33798 Views)

I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Sexually Attracted To Someone Else. / I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. / I Like Her But I'm Shy To Woo Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by Injiggerwolf(m): 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2016
Bro ....listen

The excessive calls, pampering, texts, sweeties, and the likes sometimes incurred boredom, she need a space, unfortunately, you always want her around... yeah that's the feeling

self denial can be effective in this wise

too much in circulation brings the price down

regain your value by giving her appropriate space and initiate a step that will determine if u too will continue or the otherwise
simple
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by DrTims(m): 2:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
Op, just keep fucking the lady and look for another lady. Do not love any woman except they are ur sisters, mother and wife. No loyal gals dis days....
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by blazintrail: 3:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
Guy sorry to say but you need to break up with the girl......I have had similar experience before and it was so frustrating and painful. There is no point forcing yourself on a girl that doesnt appreciate you. When my ex and I finally broke up, I met my wife a few months later. My ex was so surprised and was even thinking I was dating my wife while I was with her. Fortunately for me a mutual friend hooked me and my wife up. After a year I proposed and married her a few months later. What I do appreciate my ex for is that she made me see everything I didnt want to tolerate in my wife to be, so she even makes me appreciate my wife even more. Thank you ex girlfriend......lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by shayma(m): 3:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
That girl is no more into u.she dont knw how to tell u .but she does it by action which she believe u shuld have understand..move on guy.she does not want a future with u .it seem love her but she loves someone else which love blind your eye to see

Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by nnamdiosu(m): 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
Masterclass32:
Its obvious you're hurting. Its also clear the girl is either immature, doesn't know what she wants or taking you for granted for the sake of taking you for granted.

When you see love, you know. This hardly seems like it. This? This is an abusive relationship, at least emotionally. It is causing you pain. You deserve more than that. You love her, yes. But you can't force people to behave in a certain way. If she's not giving you what you want, after many complaints and pleas, maybe its about time you moved on.

And you don't need to call her to do that - just pull the plug. You will be doing yourself a whole world of good.

Best advise. Perfect. Well said. On point.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
Ya head dey dere...
daewoorazer:
Haaaaa... What's important in her replying you?

I'm sure you are the type that uses high pitched, very special alarm tone to welcome d arrival of gal's chats.

Do u also check ur phone every minute in case she replies?

Did u save her number with such: #ifemi, #mySunInTheclowds, #eyinfunjowo, #earthwormInMySoil etc?

My friend, you are a loverlover

Delete her number so fast and start ignoring her calls and chats. If she feels remorseful, turn her into sidechick, while u lookout for another damsel, else, still find another damsel and FORGET her totally

ZANGA

Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by Chimezie250(m): 3:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
Move on bro, she seeing someone else
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by olaboy1: 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
Everblazinggg:
Boy O boy.....chill. that babe is definitely tired of your childish act. If am her, I would have dump your childish ass since. Go get your self a new girl friend that you can control like mumu or change your ways like you don't care and watch your babe become happier

Read the coded message of bad boyism in the quote above very well.
This lady just told you to change your ways like you don't care and watch your babe become happier.
My friend you can see for yourself women don't actually need the caring they say they want.
avoid any monogamous relationship for now and don't be quick to tell a girl you love her. You don't need to be a player to play this dating game, as a matter of fact develop yourself to a point where such aloofness like this displayed by your girlfriend doesn't bother you much, because you can always get a new girl better than your current, and don't ever think this particular girl is special and can't be replaced.
Do a value analysis and ask yourself who is bringing more value to this relationship.
Pay attention to your grooming and style and don't you ever put in any effort more than required and if any girl here tells you she would dump your ass for that, then she wasn't really deep into you in the first place.
I've been there done that, a woman that REALLY wants you would do all it takes to keep you.
If this relationship ends don't worry be happy, billy gat you.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by luminouz(m): 3:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
Lawlahdey:
OP.. I'm here incase you finally break up wink
Iffa slap u eh.....u will see Ur ass! Wia u won put me?
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by corlin2(m): 3:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
This thread and and the "Let her go" with meaningful reasons is Such a blessing to me and I believe to everyother guys out there.

Am in this mess four days ago, I have called like 5 times for two days and even sent Xmas text , yet no reply. And I believe that she can't be so busy that she can't even flash or reply mi text. No long story , the r/ship is just toxic , tried many times to get it on track but after everything , is still in d samae shit. So am fed up with the bullcrap. Moving on ..

She's a good person thou, but " do the needful when its needed "

I messed up by showing to affection and care at first , cause I was a learner then, buh now. . Obi is now a man

My personal decision to move on and from the look of things , I think she's also FED UP .

Na silent treatment I dey now .

am moving in to 2017 with a new fresh life. (At least one babe like that is somehow coperating well with me buh ah Neva wan enter anything for now ..).

" if she can't reply with a bit of her time ,then she doesn't deserve you bro " let her go please, life goes on and you will learn and meet with best .

Thanks .....
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by Omotayor123(f): 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
RennyX:

I was ready for anything when i asked her if she was tired. I didn't want to be following a lost cause. But she said she was still interested in the relationship.

She's really confused!
judging from ur story, I think it's either she's done with you or perherps want you to learn to appreciate her.

Does she have a close friend? if yes, tell her to talk to her on your behalf so you can know what she's really thinking.

let her know you still love her.
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by mfalabake2525: 4:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
Its visible to the blind that you love her, so you just need to sit her down and talk to her in her own language, try listen to her reasons why she is making things difficult and work things out..
Remember to have some tolerance for disappointment
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by jbaby265(f): 4:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hmmm I was like her too and my guy was just like you

The relationship was all most shattered but saved by maturity
In my opinion.. Talk to her tell her you are hurt by her attitude towards the relationship.. But before you say that.. Tell her to mention the things you do wrongly to her.. Pressurise her to talk. Until she speaks out do not talk further.. We women keep alot of hurt in the heart it kills us, and as well change us sometimes.. Good luck
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by friendl: 4:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
You better get another girlfriend
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by Elle277(f): 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
Forget about her and channel all this love and attention to God almighty remember he is a jealous God, the attention is too much for just a girl.."winks" lovely new year in advance!!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by prince049(m): 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
ikombe:
wraps a weed undecided

Takes a smoke

Passes it to trapqueen77

Observes thread undecided

Rolls two claro and pours my schoochies. I'm on a new level.
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by jogsman01(m): 4:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
daewoorazer:
Haaaaa... What's important in her replying you?

I'm sure you are the type that uses high pitched, very special alarm tone to welcome d arrival of gal's chats.

Do u also check ur phone every minute in case she replies?

Did u save her number with such: #ifemi, #mySunInTheclowds, #eyinfunjowo, #earthwormInMySoil etc?

My friend, you are a loverlover

Delete her number so fast and start ignoring her calls and chats. If she feels remorseful, turn her into sidechick, while u lookout for another damsel, else, still find another damsel and FORGET her totally

ZANGA

you're blessed baba MI.
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by apatheticme(f): 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
DavidTheGeek:

RennyX you might have intentionally skipped this cuz it sounds sarcastic but i tell you, this is good advice.

Your girlfriend isn't scared of losing you hence the misbehavior.

Bring another girl into the picture, let your girlfriend know there's a new girl enjoying your attention and leave jealousy to correct her behavior.
Exactly! She's too damn secure. Let her feel replaceable and watch the results. Step back and stop making her priority, then watch her reactions, then decide. Good luck op
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
DavidTheGeek:

RennyX you might have intentionally skipped this cuz it sounds sarcastic but i tell you, this is good advice.

Your girlfriend isn't scared of losing you hence the misbehavior.

Bring another girl into the picture, let your girlfriend know there's a new girl enjoying your attention and leave jealousy to correct her behavior.
I think de poster is skipping this post
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by Gentlesoul96(m): 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
It's clearly understand that gals are not loyal..... In order not to experience heart breaking, it's better for u to tell her that u are not interested in the relationship again.... If a gal is gud, a man will surely keep her and if she is not,A man should drop her
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by Legitman22(m): 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
If i were u, i will look for another girl and create competition between both of them.
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 29, 2016
Lolx..seriously, i dnt knw sm guys still worry abt girls like ds oo...
chai!! if na me, i go don park her put for one side..
i no too get chills for girls i beg..
D day i started pretending as if i dnt care, more girls started tripping and coming around..
oga wise up.. 9ja girls are such one confused element like dat
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by lereinter(m): 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2016
you are not a man
hear you " you want to call her to breakup"
have not you heard that actions speaks louder than voice..
i repeat you are not a man...
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by esoket1776: 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2016
Life is worth more than wasting your time on a person that you cannot change. Give her time but free your mind. Don't break up, just move on.
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2016
RennyX:
Good day Nairalanders. A very depressed soul needs your advise to make an important decision. This is going to be a long post, i apologize for the stress. Bear with me.

I have been with my girlfriend for close to a year now. Everything was good at the beginning as usual with our little fights here and there. I have my own fault as i tend to flare up easily and she does has hers too. She's usually very rude and she shouts a lot even when we are having a little misunderstanding in public. We both agreed we were going to work on these flaws to make everything go smooth and i tell you I've always tried my best in that aspect.

But recently my girlfriend has been acting funny. She doesn't call frequently and she prefers to chat most times. Although this is an issue that i encountered at the early stages of our relationship because she said that's how she is so i tried my best to cope with it even though i wasn't sitting well with it. However, things have changed drastically to the extent that she doesn't even call at all or check up on me on social media.

There was a time i called her like five times(I usually call only twice and if you're not picking i chill and wait for a call back), because i wanted her to pick up but she didn't. Instead she sent me a "hi" message on whatsapp without an explanation for why she didn't pick my call.

Also, she doesn't pay attention to me when we are in a conversation. She fixes her interest on other things like her phone, the television or just staring at the ceiling like I'm a bore to her.

So all these made me to think deep and ask what may have been wrong. I wanted to conclude that she was getting tired of the relationship but I said let me ask her first maybe it was my fault. I know that sometimes I can be controlling and authoritative but it's not my fault sometimes because she does anyhow when left to do her things alone. It's like she wants me to always tell her what to do. But when i do, it's a problem.

So when I asked her she told me everything that she was not tired but I was putting pressure on her. I promised to stop pressurising her and I also asked her to change from her behaviour and become who she once was and we agreed.

Last week, on a Wednesday morning I woke up to her message on whatsapp and I replied without getting any reply till like 12 so I decided to call her. She told me that she was eating and she would call me when she was done. After an hour she hadn't called and i called again and she told me that she was sorry that she was watching a movie.

I got angry and complained to her, but instead she was rude (as she usually is) and started raising her voice. She said what had happened is in the past and she cannot do anything about it then she hung up.

I'm fed up. I don't know if there's any other guy although I've noticed some shady behaviors of hers but they aren't concrete enough. This is not the kind of relationship i want because it's obvious that we are on a different perspective. I don't bug my girl or attach myself to her, but I also feel that the right things should be done in the right measure.

It's been a week now and she hasn't called or sent a message even on Christmas Day. I want to call her now and break up, but I'm confused cos I still lover her. She has her good side which is rare in most girls.

Sorry for the long post once again. Please help with your contributions.
From your write up, I deduced that you are controlling, authoritative, opinionated, myopic, self concentrated and hopelessly unable to understand a lady.
Bro, the problem is 90% you, she's fed up of the controlling and you on your part must always have it your way.
My advice, get a village girl who would yield your every will.
Break up please before you nag this young lady to death.
No hard feelings, but the break up would be like prison break for her.

Modified
You also have narcisitc tendencies
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by creepsyme(f): 5:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
RennyX:
Good day Nairalanders. A very depressed soul needs your advise to make an important decision. This is going to be a long post, i apologize for the stress. Bear with me.

I have been with my girlfriend for close to a year now. Everything was good at the beginning as usual with our little fights here and there. I have my own fault as i tend to flare up easily and she does has hers too. She's usually very rude and she shouts a lot even when we are having a little misunderstanding in public. We both agreed we were going to work on these flaws to make everything go smooth and i tell you I've always tried my best in that aspect.

But recently my girlfriend has been acting funny. She doesn't call frequently and she prefers to chat most times. Although this is an issue that i encountered at the early stages of our relationship because she said that's how she is so i tried my best to cope with it even though i wasn't sitting well with it. However, things have changed drastically to the extent that she doesn't even call at all or check up on me on social media.

There was a time i called her like five times(I usually call only twice and if you're not picking i chill and wait for a call back), because i wanted her to pick up but she didn't. Instead she sent me a "hi" message on whatsapp without an explanation for why she didn't pick my call.

Also, she doesn't pay attention to me when we are in a conversation. She fixes her interest on other things like her phone, the television or just staring at the ceiling like I'm a bore to her.

So all these made me to think deep and ask what may have been wrong. I wanted to conclude that she was getting tired of the relationship but I said let me ask her first maybe it was my fault. I know that sometimes I can be controlling and authoritative but it's not my fault sometimes because she does anyhow when left to do her things alone. It's like she wants me to always tell her what to do. But when i do, it's a problem.

So when I asked her she told me everything that she was not tired but I was putting pressure on her. I promised to stop pressurising her and I also asked her to change from her behaviour and become who she once was and we agreed.

Last week, on a Wednesday morning I woke up to her message on whatsapp and I replied without getting any reply till like 12 so I decided to call her. She told me that she was eating and she would call me when she was done. After an hour she hadn't called and i called again and she told me that she was sorry that she was watching a movie.

I got angry and complained to her, but instead she was rude (as she usually is) and started raising her voice. She said what had happened is in the past and she cannot do anything about it then she hung up.

I'm fed up. I don't know if there's any other guy although I've noticed some shady behaviors of hers but they aren't concrete enough. This is not the kind of relationship i want because it's obvious that we are on a different perspective. I don't bug my girl or attach myself to her, but I also feel that the right things should be done in the right measure.

It's been a week now and she hasn't called or sent a message even on Christmas Day. I want to call her now and break up, but I'm confused cos I still lover her. She has her good side which is rare in most girls.

u dont need to call her to quit, just ignore her and get anoda sweet babe as a plan B keep playing along with her without hard feelins odawise u will feel like a looser, we ladies can be very annoying especially wen we have anoda boyfriend decieving us somewhere and we throw the real thin away only to regret in the future. Help us oh Lord!
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by silentdude(m): 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=jbaby265 post=52363728]Hmmm I was like her too and my guy was just like you

The relationship was all most shattered but saved by maturity
In my opinion.. Talk to her tell her you are hurt by her attitude towards the relationship.. But before you say that.. Tell her to mention the things you do wrongly to her.. Pressurise her to talk. Until she speaks out do not talk further.. We women keep alot of hurt in the heart it kills us, and as well change us sometimes.. Good luck[/quote

might be true for your own case but 95% of the times, the ladies are skimming snakes. Apologies for the strong words.
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by ochobaba(m): 6:03pm On Dec 29, 2016
RennyX:

At times we get it all wrong when making decisions, what you need to do is be doing normal things you have been doing before till you figure out what you need to do long last
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by adekalumichael: 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
From your comments, both of you seems to just dabble into the relationship without knowing each other well.

In a case like this, just take a break (I don't mean you should tell her you are done). By this, you relieve yourself of too much concentration on her.

Though the feeling will trap in, but it will allow you to work on yourself and become a better you.

If she is for you, she will surely yield when time comes.

If you continue this way, you might lose her and also not fit for another relationship because you fail to work on yourself.

To marry an angel, you need to first make a heaven for her.
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by Iamthoney(m): 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
RennyX:

I was ready for anything when i asked her if she was tired. I didn't want to be following a lost cause. But she said she was still interested in the relationship.

She's really confused!
Women are at best a delicate creature, they are moved by the things around them. If I was you, I would stop calling, texting and chatting with her. Should she still fail to turn from her bad ways, I will just call it quit and move on shikena cos she isn't the only girl out there
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by tuscani: 6:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
You have your legs to run away you are still asking, OK, get married, have children and see how easy to run away by then
Re: I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. by oxon(m): 6:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
dude all i will say is just keep her quite ... dont call , dont text , just keep quiet,it seems hair brained shei? shebi u v called her before and she didt pick .. just go radio silence , i have been in this kinda situation before .. i could swear on my full beard, she has some guy on the side maybe not dating him but she prolly liking him ..now if you break up with her you v just earned your self on that list of exboyfriends she would be mean too in future, and considering the prospect of a woman getting the cream of life is quite easy all she needs to do is decieve a sucessful man into believing shes the right one, so instead of buying enimity better cultivate em as your prospective asset ... but if you go quite trust me it would disturb her , she would try nd contact you, if you really like her give her space , if she calls ytou dont pick .. use social media to contact her even if she tries to re-establish connection , u must seem elusive ...i have done this to all my girl friends and there is no ex of mine today who dont stll call me or try to get back with me .. absence this time will increase your value .. its really hard but then this what the world has come too if you truly love someone u must fight every impulse that comes naturally to u, u have to horn your wits apply all the machevelian tactics known to man, all is fair in love and war brah.. peace

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Advice Do You Have For A 35 Year Old With No Job, No Skill, No Wife . / Guy Reveals His Shock Discovering He Had Twins Ex-gf Said She Had Aborted / Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Date Uk-based Nigerian Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.