Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? - Romance (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? (25735 Views)

I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! / Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick / The Couple Who Wash The Dishes Together Will Stay Together, Research Reveals Re (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by otukpo(f): 7:23am On Dec 03, 2009
B4, i used to think that women are more selfish than men, but this discussion has proved it otherwise. Men are very selfish creatures.

A woman will share the bills with u, some even foot the bills 100%, some men will even seat in the car while the woman drives the car for them, a woman will do the shopping, cook, dish and wash the dishes after the lazy man has finished eating. The woman will do the laundry, and evry other thing in the house just for the man to answer the african man.

The traditional african man, where is ur pride if u'll allow ur wife to struggle more or as much as u do just to make ends meet in the family?

Its time u people change the title of ur wife to slaves cos thats what u pple turn them to. (Just to satisfy ur selfish self.)
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:49am On Dec 03, 2009
your angst is misplaced, otukpo.
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by na2day2(m): 10:18am On Dec 03, 2009
aysometin:

Because as an African man it is your responsibility to provide for the household while she does the chores. Why should she help you with yours when it's a taboo to you to help with hers??, pschewwww!!!

as an african woman it is ur duty to do the dishes, born pikin, what is all these noise about equal rights?
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:59am On Dec 03, 2009
dem think say na europe dem dey grin
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Rosabelle(f): 11:07am On Dec 03, 2009
TheSeeker:

Una still dey here dey argue?
I tire
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2009
na2day?:

as an african woman it is your duty to do the dishes, born pikin, what is all these noise about equal rights?

As an African man, it is your duty to foot the bills 100%
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by GL(f): 3:00pm On Dec 03, 2009
aysometin:

na2day?:

as an african woman it is your duty to do the dishes, born pikin, what is all these noise about equal rights?

cool thing for us women is we can employ maids to reduce our chores grin grin grin
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:13pm On Dec 03, 2009
good thing you're not in niaja, ays. your eye for see wen! grin
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2009
you people are still discussing?
this thread shouldnt have gone any more than 4 pages. i feel guilty for adding to the length! angry
let this thread die, abeg.
snowdrops:

It is about time we call this a truce and close this topic. Its into its 24th page!!
Its being over flogged and biased along gender lines
Everybody carry on with your beliefs
i ssooooo agree.
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2009
George_D:

good thing you're not in niaja, ays. your eye for see wen! grin

Look at you, If I were in Naija.I'll be able to employ maids tongue

But 4 you, you have to provide for your family 100%, no one can help you with that beacuse you are an 'african man' tongue
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2009
ha, ha, ha! don't be too sure about that, ays! grin
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by na2day2(m): 5:45pm On Dec 03, 2009
aysometin:

then be the house slave 100% too then we will call it fair

GL:

cool thing for us women is we can employ maids to reduce our chores grin grin grin

then we can sleep with the maids, i like ur plan wink wink wink wink
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Luvlgenius(m): 6:38pm On Dec 03, 2009
Please this topic has gone on for tooo long angry , i' m sure d poster have even forgotten about it.People have even lost focus, If u want wash dishes, if u want no wash wetin be our own, haba!
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Lolladey(f): 9:28pm On Dec 03, 2009
but why? there is really nothing bad in doing dishes with ur girl, simply shows that u are not only caring, but that in case of any disagreement u can do without her and this ll let her not only appreciate u but also help in curbin her excesses. I think u had better have a rethink. not saying that it should be a regular routine but try as much as possible to help out with chores at home.
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2009
carry go, Luvlgenius! grin
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:09pm On Dec 04, 2009
this is still going? this should be at the max 6 pages by now.
GOSH!! over dishes?
thread, die, die, die.
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by kaylonda(f): 2:30pm On Dec 04, 2009
hax:

Haba. Some of the opinions in this thread have made me laugh.

O boy, I obviously won't mind helping out once in a while, but I expect to have a wife who'll do most of the housework. Isn't that the 'womanly' thing to do? I thought most women didn't mind much. I've been enlightened now though. lol

I think most of the women here such as IgboGirl for example might end up falling head over heels and never ask the man to help in the kitchen. Women can be funny creatures. lol

U WISH grin
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by roodest: 8:06pm On Dec 04, 2009
don't listen to these people!
what works for the geese may not necessarily work for the gander. there's no man's role or woman's role in 2009!
you both decide what works for you and what you're both comfortable with.

support her in domestics and she supports you financially.
moral support, i mean. or whatever you guys like,
enjoy!
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:59pm On Dec 05, 2009
was it any different in 2008 or 2007 for that matter? grin
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by sweetcoint(f): 3:08pm On Dec 10, 2009
na2day?:

then be the house slave 100% too then we will call it fair

then we can sleep with the maids, i like your plan wink wink wink wink

na2day just see how ur mouth is runing,  tongue u are unromantic, don't u know that the two of u need to assist each other
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by na2day2(m): 7:58am On Dec 11, 2009
sweetcoint:

na2day just see how your mouth is runing,  tongue u are unromantic, don't u know that the two of u need to assist each other

i am very romantic ooo, the only difference is my love dey shine eye well well
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by mamagee9(m): 10:06am On Dec 11, 2009
sign of a stingy, skinny, ugly asss looking broke niga
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by na2day2(m): 10:10am On Dec 11, 2009
mama_gee:

sign of a stingy, skinny, ugly asss looking broke niga

gold digger united lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:17pm On Dec 11, 2009
has it degenerated to this?
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by NegroNtns(m): 5:33pm On Dec 11, 2009

Lmao! We do. You graduated college believing your worth can only be validated in employment. You can be a graduate, a housewife and a mother. In that role, you are far worthier and more valuable to your family, your children and the community. When you work, your husband, your children and yourself all suffer a consequence far burdensome than you have the fortiude to bear.

When your boss tell you in the office to do something outside your job definition you dont rebel. Why rebel when your boss at home tell you he is not doing dishes or mopping your floor?

Stop the nonsense! angry
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by druid06(m): 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2012
I don't like doing the dishes. I hate that house chore but when I see she's seriously tired, I can help her do the dishes so far it doesn't turn into a regular something.
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 24, 2012
Me @ the age of 24...If my girlfriend (not even wife) comes to my house....I will expect her to cook...Do the dishes...I cn assist here and there but it is her job....Me sef go school naaa...Forget all this civilisation...My papa no do dishes for my mama or cook for her....So why will I now do such? The only thing that cn make me do dishes is wen she ill or pregnant...Then I will even cook for her and spoon feed her...But I won't av no able bodies woman of mine disobeying me...Shikena.
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 24, 2012
Me @ the age of 24...If my girlfriend (not even wife) comes to my house....I will expect her to cook...Do the dishes...I cn assist here and there but it is her job....Me sef go school naaa...Forget all this civilisation...My papa no do dishes for my mama or cook for her....So why will I now do such? The only thing that cn make me do dishes is wen she ill or pregnant...Then I will even cook for her and spoon feed her...But I won't av no able bodies woman of mine disobeying me...If u don't like it pack out.....Shikena
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by frederal(m): 10:56am On Jul 25, 2012
Did u beat her before coming public
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by peterparker1(m): 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2012
if she asks you to help do the dishes with her in the kitchen, get off ur ass and go do it.it ain't no biggie. its actually more intimate and romantic than than u think, then again, Naija guys ain't romantic.....
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2012
[aw2d1

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

South African Girls Have The Real Orobo: Bums Like No Other-- / My Ex Won't Reply To My Farewell Email / Yearnin For A Man's Touch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.