Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? - Romance (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? (25762 Views)

I Wanna Cook Some Naija Dishes As A Supprise For My Man On His Birthday! / Is It Wrong To Ask Your Husband To Wash The Dishes When You Are Sick / The Couple Who Wash The Dishes Together Will Stay Together, Research Reveals Re (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by lovemoi2(f): 2:53am On Dec 02, 2009
why will you refer to a man helping his boo as boi boi
nigerian mentality, the pride has killed that nation
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:07am On Dec 02, 2009
lovemoi2:

why will you refer to a man helping his boo as boi boi
nigerian mentality, the pride has killed that nation
a lot of them here say its God's given right to them. blah blah and more religion stuff or quotes from the bible.
most of them want to bring religion in it so. . .
using religion to hide their Pride, which is one of the 7 deadly sins.
either way it goes, THEY LOSE! tongue
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by cantell(m): 6:37am On Dec 02, 2009
@Amaka,
So you're still here? You no dey tire?
Nawa for you.

@Igbogirl,
Whatever bakes your beans. I've gone past caring.
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by THEAMAKA3(f): 6:39am On Dec 02, 2009
i havent read the last 4 pages cause i knew it would be more bullshit.
i just saw the latest post and responded. lol
its already boring.
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by na2day2(m): 9:24am On Dec 02, 2009
michelin89:

Nah i don't know. I am a woman so I am intellectually weak. I am only good at washing plates and cleaning and making children. grin

washing the dishes maybe but making children?  shocked shocked shocked no we can not put the world through that kind of torture  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by otukpo(f): 9:56am On Dec 02, 2009
It is the same man that says a man shld not assist the wife in doing house chores that will come here and complain that the man wants him to foot the family bills 100% even though she works and earns salary.

Na wa for una. What is the big deal abt assisting ur wife or is she ur slave. Even housemaids get to be assisted by their madams in doing some chores.

Just as the man needs support, the woman also neeeds support. U wan kill the girl because she is married to u, go to work, come back and do all the chores while u relax in the sitting room, cross ur leg and watch telly. And when there is financial responsiblity, u'll want her to support u.

These men/boys, una dey surprise me ooooo.
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by na2day2(m): 10:09am On Dec 02, 2009
otukpo:

It is the same man that says a man shld not assist the wife in doing house chores that will come here and complain that the man wants him to foot the family bills 100% even though she works and earns salary.

Na wa for una. What is the big deal abt assisting your wife or is she your slave. Even housemaids get to be assisted by their madams in doing some chores.

Just as the man needs support, the woman also neeeds support. U wan kill the girl because she is married to u, go to work, come back and do all the chores while u relax in the sitting room, cross your leg and watch telly. And when there is financial responsiblity, u'll want her to support u.

These men/boys, una dey surprise me ooooo.

what is the big deal about her paying half of the bills?
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by edjuzion: 10:30am On Dec 02, 2009
Friends, my darling husband doesn't see anything wrong with doing any kitchen work whatsover. He even baths, dresses up our lovely baby and even feeds him. To me, I believe it has to do with exposure.

My brother, you better grow up and assist your woman in the kitchen. Bet you, that will make the union to be more fun.
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2009
na2day?:

Because as an African man it is your responsibility to provide for the household while she does the chores. Why should she help you with yours when it's a taboo to you to help with hers??, pschewwww!!!
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 02, 2009
Rosabelle:

LOL
Its going up a notch here it is.
Quodos to Igbogirl. I havnt read your previous postings, and I dont know whether you curse or use vulgar language, but youre hitting the nail on the head.
Half these men ranting about house work were simply brought up badly, and turned out lazy.
My brother is a spick and span character and cant be caught dead in an even 'partially dirty' home, so he cleans, when his wife has her hands full and I respect him for it, and it puts his wife on her toes, cos she doesnt want her husband coming back from work and pointing out what she didnt do. She knows he can cope with and without her even though he loves her to death, so she's constantly on her toes to make him happy.
You earn respect my brothers, you CANT demand it.

@Aysomething . . . The Lord has blessed you jare. You can count yourself lucky cos you found a man who's mother can be proud wherever she is, cos she brought her son up to be a MAN.
Not all these monkeys you have here shouting up and down. You people think all it takes to be a man is to shout and to go out and come back inside and say youve worked so food made by the house girl . . . . oh Im sorry, glorified housegirl you call your wife should be waiting on the table.
Meanwhile half those women have more demanding jobs and are trying just as hard as you to make ends meet.

Well sha, I'l continue to say it, women, bring up your sons to be men. Bring them up different. Teach them to be upright characters. If we all do our homework, the quality of nigerian men would improve!
Not this rubbish I read on NL everyday

You have made my day jare.
Sometimes I wonder if it's really human beings that type words on NL

It boils down to upbringing, If a man is brought up well it will definitely show in all he does. A lazy man is a Lazy man even when it comes to providing for his family.

The amazing thing about the so called african men of nowadays is that the women are the breadwinners o! They shamelessly sit on their fat asses expecting her to provide their every need and still be a housegirl!!! or the new one is share the bills in half, yet they can't share the chores.

Some people need spanking honestly, I am so pissed off
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Rosabelle(f): 2:49pm On Dec 02, 2009
That is it. They go round the internet shouting about african values and how western values are overshadowing our society and women are now questioning "natural" roles in the family. "Natural roles", "traditional roles". But as usual, they bend it to suit what theyre saying.

Meanwhile a good half of them are dependent on women. More than half of them depend on a hard working woman to maintain their living standard. See nonsence oh.
If we went by traditional roles, a woman should NEVER be the one to pay the rent. A woman should NEVER be the one to buy the generator with her hard earned money and she and her husband should NEVER share bills because a proud traditional man would want to provide for his family with his two hands, through hard work.
Not this lazy nonsence you hear everywhere. Rubbish.

Hm. May The Lord help us, because I honestly dont know where we're headed!
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Hauwa1: 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2009
totally rubbish my sister, the man who refuses to do dish in our kitchen is yet unborn. thank goodness for where i live in kiss
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Pharoh: 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2009
I am really pissed off by what you ladies are saying here now , anyway you are called women i won't take it seriously.
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Rosabelle(f): 3:29pm On Dec 02, 2009
Carry waka mr Pharoh . . .you too talk. Is your name "nigerian men" ?
Which one do you want to become the defender of the universe.
Youve spoken your own and we've heard. If guilty conscience is not doing you, why do you keep complaining.
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:35pm On Dec 02, 2009
aysometin:

We know what your marriage would be like, MILITANT

ha, ha, ha! i can't stop laughing! grin grin grin grin
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by snowdrops(m): 3:50pm On Dec 02, 2009
na2day?:

NL moment.
Fantastic.
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by snowdrops(m): 3:51pm On Dec 02, 2009
It is about time we call this a truce and close this topic. Its into its 24th page!!
Its being over flogged and biased along gender lines
Everybody carry on with your beliefs
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Luvlee(f): 3:55pm On Dec 02, 2009
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by niyooo(m): 3:56pm On Dec 02, 2009
Husband: Honey I'm home.

Wife: Hi love, how was your day?Mine was hectic.

Husband: My day was good dear, what's for dinner?

Wife: I was tired when I got in and unfortunately, the rice I was cooking got burnt so I had to make Indomie.

Husband: Again? I'm famished, guess I'll make do with that.

Wife: Ok. Thanks love. I've set your dinner on the table. I'm so tired, I'm off to bed. Please make sure you do the dishes before you come to bed. I helped you soak the pot in which the rice got burnt to make it easier for you. (Wife pecks husband and goes to bed, )

Na so dem go take turn the husband to boy boy. Abeg other more respectable household chores, wetin be to dey wash plate? Unless wifey is seriously indisposed.   angry angry angry  Next step go be to dey help wifey wash hin undies. Nonsense
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Luvlee(f): 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2009
my dear pls why can't u do the dishes, don't u hv hands and why is it a chicks work? Cos her mother gave birth 2 her in d kitchen and u in d hospital!! Pls spare us
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by snowdrops(m): 5:11pm On Dec 02, 2009
niyooo:

Husband: Honey I'm home.

Wife: Hi love, how was your day?Mine was hectic.

Husband: My day was good dear, what's for dinner?

Wife: I was tired when I got in and unfortunately, the rice I was cooking got burnt so I had to make Indomie.

Husband: Again? I'm famished, guess I'll make do with that.

Wife: Ok. Thanks love. I've set your dinner on the table. I'm so tired, I'm off to bed. Please make sure you do the dishes before you come to bed. I helped you soak the pot in which the rice got burnt to make it easier for you. (Wife pecks husband and goes to bed, )

Na so dem go take turn the husband to boy boy. Abeg other more respectable household chores, wetin be to dey wash plate? Unless wifey is seriously indisposed.   angry angry angry  Next step go be to dey help wifey wash hin undies. Nonsense
shocked grin
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2009
they like for everything to be done for them grin
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Pharoh: 7:26pm On Dec 02, 2009
Rosabelle:

Carry waka mr Pharoh . . .you too talk. Is your name "nigerian men" ?
Which one do you want to become the defender of the universe.
Youve spoken your own and we've heard. If guilty conscience is not doing you, why do you keep complaining.

@Aunty Rosabelle

I guess you have beef with me because of the last time.
I am not mr defender neither is my name "nigerian men"
We have heard you ladies and your complains but what i am pissed off about is the name calling like monkey, dogs and stupid men.
Can't you ladies talk about men without calling us names? It is just very sad IMO.

Guess you have magical powers to see peoples conscience right?
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Philipsok(m): 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2009
It depend on how u look at it, 4 me i can wash d dishes 4 her.
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Philipsok(m): 9:24pm On Dec 02, 2009
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Philipsok(m): 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2009
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by hax: 2:43am On Dec 03, 2009
Haba. Some of the opinions in this thread have made me laugh.

O boy, I obviously won't mind helping out once in a while, but I expect to have a wife who'll do most of the housework. Isn't that the 'womanly' thing to do? I thought most women didn't mind much. I've been enlightened now though. lol

I think most of the women here such as IgboGirl for example might end up falling head over heels and never ask the man to help in the kitchen. Women can be funny creatures. lol
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Nobody: 2:45am On Dec 03, 2009
These boys sef.

My ex once helped me with the dishses when he came visiting. I had just come back from school and was really tired. I had spent the past two days cooking and preparing for his arrival. I just fell asleep after eating. It was sweet of him to help me out. I was very happy!!! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by hax: 2:50am On Dec 03, 2009
You guys should just get a dishwasher. Problem solved. And the top of the dishwasher would be an 'interesting surface' too if it's waist-high.

Make love not war. tongue
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by Nobody: 2:54am On Dec 03, 2009
hax:

Haba. Some of the opinions in this thread have made me laugh.

O boy, I obviously won't mind helping out once in a while, but I expect to have a wife who'll do most of the housework. Isn't that the 'womanly' thing to do? I thought most women didn't mind much. I've been enlightened now though. lol

I think most of the women here such as IgboGirl for example might end up falling head over heels and never ask the man to help in the kitchen. Women can be funny creatures. lol

Are you going to take care of the 95% percent of the bills including my monthly allowance? grin
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by chiogo(f): 4:05am On Dec 03, 2009
If people want to eat Akpu and Amala, and such Nigerian foods, dish washer will do nothing for ya grin

We have a dish washer in my house but I can't remember the last time we used it. It takes up a lot of water and it doesn't wash dishes clean enough.

Anyway, who will be loading up the dishes? That's another problem. With dish washers, you don't just throw in the dishes, you have to rinse the dishes before throwing in there, which already takes time. No point using the damn dish washer in the first place. tongue

Anywayz, about washing dishes being the "womanly thing" to do, grin grin grin so all these houseboys in naija doing dishes are women??. Abeg, you people should stop deceiving yourselves. Womanly thing my skinny yansh!!! embarassed
Re: Me? Do The Dishes With You? For What? by TheSeeker(m): 6:18am On Dec 03, 2009
Una still dey here dey argue?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me / Thank God I Haven't Paid Her Exam Fees? / 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.