Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,421 members, 7,812,238 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? (25805 Views)

What Trait Did You inherit From Your Parents? / "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by hisMrs(f): 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2017
I wish my kids would not inherit my coke(I mean Coca-Cola o) addiction and by obsessive nature
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by esthadewunmi(f): 4:00pm On Feb 14, 2017
Anger lipsrsealed undecided
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 14, 2017
Other than acute shyness, i am AFRAID of ME when i lose it!
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by ojotobiloba1: 4:00pm On Feb 14, 2017
Phone addiction (nairaland) and watching football.....
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by lrdval: 4:01pm On Feb 14, 2017
BigStout:
Masturbation

Bet9ja

Peeping at my tenants wives in the bathroom

Smelling my wife's sister pant

And drinking to stupor
. This is pure confession. You baaaaad this man
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by Olaedoh: 4:01pm On Feb 14, 2017
GossipHeart:

My lack of emotion

My boss attitude, i like to be the boss to everyone

Even if you kill 300 people in my presence, i will never ever be emotional

I don't cry or even think about a single thing or person

I don't know how my wife copes with my bad boy don't give a fucck attitude

I can show love in a tough way, i can give my life so that my wife can live but i won't be kissing you and romancing you to show you how much i love you
this is sooo my husband. as long as the lady knows you love her, thats enough. kissing and romance and all that shit doesnt guarantee love too. i've accepted mine the way he is, he isnt all mushy and all but i know he values me more than his own life. and that is more than what i want

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by lrdval: 4:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
ojotobiloba1:
Phone addiction (nairaland) and watching football.....
nairaland is an addiction not habit
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by Koolking(m): 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
chinma414:
Dem plenty o. Stubborness,procrastination,laziness,spending lavishly,quick temper,inability to save a penny but getting sick when i'm broke,food selection,mood swing,talk talk,gbaza queen,etc.i could go on all day.

You are absolutely 'Multiple-in-One'. You are very far away

1 Like

Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by Bashnigga(m): 4:05pm On Feb 14, 2017
Mr. Nice guy sad sad
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
sirfee:
Hmmm!this is the only problem I have,I'm working on it but I don't think I'm improving.
You can dear, I destroys things when angry and sometimes won't eat for days. When I registered on Nl, I never knew this site will be of help till people started insulting me and do things I don't tolerate on a normal day. I started laughing over their words and sometimes fight back. In real life I hate to hurt someone but here I do that a lot. I can take anything thrown at megrin I can be a drama Queen sometimes but not like before.
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
I hardly forgive.
I grew up with this mentality of ''God forgives, I don't''.

I don't want them to grow with the thought that there is no God. When they grow and decide their own, fine.

Then flirting. I think that's just all I wouldn't want them to pick. Everything else is perfect!

2 Likes

Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by BabyGirl114: 4:11pm On Feb 14, 2017
GossipHeart:

My lack of emotion

My boss attitude, i like to be the boss to everyone

Even if you kill 300 people in my presence, i will never ever be emotional

I don't cry or even think about a single thing or person

I don't know how my wife copes with my bad boy don't give a fucck attitude

I can show love in a tough way, i can give my life so that my wife can live but i won't be kissing you and romancing you to show you how much i love you
lier,attention seeking dude
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by datizy(f): 4:12pm On Feb 14, 2017
chinma414:
Dem plenty o. Stubborness,procrastination,laziness,spending lavishly,quick temper,inability to save a penny but getting sick when i'm broke,food selection,mood swing,talk talk,gbaza queen,etc.i could go on all day.
Lols. Dem really plenty o
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by Bestlily(f): 4:12pm On Feb 14, 2017
I Want My Kids To be More Outgoing Unlike Me.....
My Bad Temper...Can Get Angry For Africa

1 Like

Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by LoveWifee: 4:14pm On Feb 14, 2017
Olaedoh:

this is sooo my husband. as long as the lady knows you love her, thats enough. kissing and romance and all that shit doesnt guarantee love too. i've accepted mine the way he is, he isnt all mushy and all but i know he values me more than his own life. and that is more than what i want

True of a lot of caring husbands and Fathers. They act like they don't care but care a lot. I'm learning to show my wife my emotions. I'm glad you understand ur Hubby.

My weakness is bearing so much till I'm taken for a fool and react when everyone least expected. At that point I no longer care if the world turns red.
I pray my kids never get angry cos I dont get angry easily but it's bad when I do.
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by fufuNegusi(m): 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
chinma414:

you can work on all this imperfections
do not move it in with you into a mans house
and
if you married already

pray and discipline yourself

you will be glad you did
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by BabyGirl114: 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
As for me, my prayer has always been, God,give me a child exactly like myself, am not saying am perfect, but I don't have anything I don't want my kid to emulate, oh my coming kid, please emulate everything about your mother. Anything I do is for the good in it, am a food picker, its all because I eat only healthy foods, I don't take Icecream, pastries,snacks,I don't just like sugar naturally, I get angry,that's only when am offended. If I am bad in any way, it is surely due to what the people are doing or the environment. ohh. I remember one, I eat a lot, I have food problem, its not inborn, its due to starvation I guess, I just eat too much that I hate myself, and when am not feeling like eating I won't eat for days. I wasn't like that before, I started in my uni days,so I can count that as part of my behaviorAs for me, my prayer has always been, God,give me a child exactly like myself, am not saying am perfect, but I don't have anything I don't want my kid to emulate, oh my coming kid, please emulate everything about your mother. Anything I do is for the good in it, am a food picker, its all because I eat only healthy foods, I don't take Icecream, pastries,snacks,I don't just like sugar naturally, I get angry,that's only when am offended. If I am bad in any way, it is surely due to what the people are doing or the environment. ohh. I remember one, I eat a lot, I have food problem, its not inborn, its due to starvation I guess, I just eat too much that I hate myself, and when am not feeling like eating I won't eat for days. I wasn't like that before, I started in my uni days,so I can count that as part of my behaviorAs for me, my prayer has always been, God,give me a child exactly like myself, am not saying am perfect, but I don't have anything I don't want my kid to emulate, oh my coming kid, please emulate everything about your mother. Anything I do is for the good in it, am a food picker, its all because I eat only healthy foods, I don't take Icecream, pastries,snacks,I don't just like sugar naturally, I get angry,that's only when am offended. If I am bad in any way, it is surely due to what the people are doing or the environment. ohh. I remember one, I eat a lot, I have food problem, its not inborn, its due to starvation I guess, I just eat too much that I hate myself, and when am not feeling like eating I won't eat for days. I wasn't like that before, I started in my uni days,so I can count that as part of my behavior

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by sirfee(m): 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
Oyind17:
You can dear, I destroys things when angry and sometimes won't eat for days. When I registered on Nl, I never knew this site will be of help till people started insulting me and do things I don't tolerate on a normal day. I started laughing over their words and sometimes fight back. In real life I hate to hurt someone but here I do that a lot. I can take anything thrown at megrin I can be a drama Queen sometimes but not like before.
I'm trying my best but the truth is that I can't take everything thrown at me.Most time when I'm angry,the next thing is malaria(I'm not joking) for you to know how serious it is.I'd keep trying my best.
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by oluwalewis(m): 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
Mznaett:
Procastinationundecided...

I'm a bossy typesad
aka (Madam perfectionist)
I can't be wrong in the midst of people o...never!

I get irritated after discussing with some people..and I tend to forget people so easily..I've got issues with my temper too ( as a result of that I prefer to let go of things just for peace sake) wink

And I pray my future kids don't inherit these naughty and annoying habits from their momma osad..

would like to know u
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by Donshemzy1234: 4:19pm On Feb 14, 2017
Being too nice and dying in silence
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by fufuNegusi(m): 4:19pm On Feb 14, 2017
hisMrs:
I wish my kids would not inherit my coke(I mean Coca-Cola o) addiction and by obsessive nature

obsessive??

what are you mostly obsessive about....

1 Like

Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by BabyGirl114: 4:19pm On Feb 14, 2017
LoveWifee:

True of a lot of caring husbands and Fathers. They act like they don't care but care a lot. I'm learning to show my wife my emotions. I'm glad you understand ur Hubby.

My weakness is bearing so much till I'm taken for a fool and react when everyone least expected. At that point I no longer care if the world turns red.
I pray my kids never get angry cos I dont get angry easily but it's bad when I do.
I wish I could do that, when I get angry all I could do is just enter my room and keep to myself and in some hours later, I would have forgotten. It makes people take me for a fool though
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2017
sirfee:
I'm trying my best but the truth is that I can't take everything thrown at me.Most time when I'm angry,the next thing is malaria(I'm not joking) for you to know how serious it is.I'd keep trying my best.
Are you a Christian? If yes, read what the Bible says about anger. It will help u.
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by bigsmoke2(m): 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2017
My reclusive and anti social nature. it has cost me too much
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by dante12412(m): 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2017
[quote author=sirfee post=53708310]Determination is the key word.Before I can't go in a day without 3/4 ghana sk but now I can't stand the smell.Do it for your children,I wish you best of luck.[/quote). Bro I have tried everytin even googled d best way to stay away from weed but all to no avail. Just wondering if u can put me thru on step by step as regards how u went about it,could u? sad

1 Like

Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by Olaedoh: 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2017
LoveWifee:

m

always be yourself in your marriage, that way, ur wife will know the real you and also how to handle or cope with you. dnt ever fake anything. learn to speak up more when angry. talk about it immediately and wave it aside, bottling up emotions and anger inside is more like a volcano waiting to explode. trust me, when it finally does explode, a lot of harm that could have been prevented will be done

1 Like

Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by vatiqan(m): 4:22pm On Feb 14, 2017
chinma414:

Babe, you really got me rolling on the floor. Infact, just forget it, then.
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by BabyGirl114: 4:24pm On Feb 14, 2017
[quote author=dante12412 post=53709352][/quote] Bad boy, you need medical attention
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by chris31(m): 4:24pm On Feb 14, 2017
Two things i dont want them to inherit are
Buhari regime
Naija
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by Okesilas15: 4:24pm On Feb 14, 2017
I don't know why people are not mentioning their real qualities like feeling drawn to opposite sex, flirting ,promiscuous life style and polygamous in nature and desperate to have money etc.Not all those stuffs that are very common to everyone
Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by fufuNegusi(m): 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2017
Seenyo:
God, pls destroy completely every spirit of ACUTE SHYNESS in my un-born kids!...
It's my biggest FLAW & i'm paying dearly for it!
#never again.

i have been here before
but i managed to conquer it...now am as BOLD as a lion

join a drama group...believe me the ability for you to stand in front of an audience and do crazy stuffs just to make them laugh and get excited will slowly kill your shyness

learn to talk to people eyeball to eyeball, do not lookaway they will eventually do. the more people you conquer the faster it is thereby giving you that self confidence you need

do the things you love to do, and become very good at them....people will seek and value you, this will also help boost your self image
these are some of MY self experienced lessons

you can gain more insight on how to beat your shyness
by asking about it on www.quora.com
you will find amazing constructive answers by people like you too

BEST OF LUCK

2 Likes

Re: What’s That Habit You Wish Your Children Don’t Inherit From You? by BabyGirl114: 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2017
hisMrs:
pls madam, try and quit the addiction, its not good for your health, its really an addiction and addiction is a sickness, sugar addition, read more on it on Google, it can lead to health problem like obesity,diabetes

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Three Men Fight Over Baby In Ibadan / Is Intelligence Inherited In A Family? / I Caught My Wife Cheating: What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.