Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,940 members, 7,814,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Common 'madness' In Lagos? - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Common 'madness' In Lagos? (31978 Views)

Madness As Nigerian Man Buries Mother In Hummer Jeep! (pic) / What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? / The Madness In Other Countries: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by OAM4J: 1:37am On Dec 11, 2009
mama-gee:

^^Why did you leave? undecided

Guess the same reason you left undecided
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by mamagee3(f): 1:55am On Dec 11, 2009
^^Where in the world did you pop out from? undecided
I wasn't asking you and I have never lived in Lagos
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by OAM4J: 2:29am On Dec 11, 2009
may be if you have not asked 'such' questions, I wouldn't have popped out.  cool
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Ndipe(m): 4:06am On Dec 11, 2009
honeric01:

only in Lagos would nepa takes light and people start raining curses on them and at the same time shout up nepa in excitement as if super eagles won the world-cup once the light is restored.

Not peculiar in Lagos alone, but quite common elsewhere. In Calabar, where I grew up, there was always moans of anger and protest when Nepa took light and shouts of joy when light was restored.

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by puskin: 6:45am On Dec 11, 2009
Itz only in Lagos that churches can cause severe traffic jams. . .even on a weekday.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by puskin: 6:52am On Dec 11, 2009
Itz only in Lagos that U can falsify any document with such precision and U can't tell d difference btw d fake and original.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by puskin: 6:55am On Dec 11, 2009
Itz only in Lagos U'll see ppl trekking outrageous distances e.g 4rm Oshodi - Mile 2, CMS - Mile 2, Mile 2 - Iyano-Oba etc.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by chiogo(f): 6:58am On Dec 11, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by puskin: 7:00am On Dec 11, 2009
Itz only in Lagos that robbers wìll come 2ur house nd if U hv nuttin valuable 2steal, they'll settle 4a nice home-made meal.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by chiogo(f): 7:07am On Dec 11, 2009
puskin:

Itz only in Lagos that robbers wìll come 2ur house nd if U hv nuttin valuable 2steal, they'll settle 4a nice home-made meal.
Chai!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin This is just too funny. embarassed
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 7:56am On Dec 11, 2009
GTay:

lol honeric01, i wont argue with you, i ply that road everyday okay. Case closed  cheesy

If not for Julius Berger workin on it over the past 1 month plus, do you know how unmotorable that road has been recently, shocked
Talk less of Rainy season, i cant believe i'm even explaining myself to u

sorry for the late response. maybe you thought i needed an explanation due to the fact that that area is a hotspot for surulere, so having a muddy road might not be the best for the government's reputation.

case closed.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by ikamefa(f): 8:02am On Dec 11, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked

did i just see a mad man taking a shower in front of zenith bank?  grin grin grin grin

on this thread?

chineke nah!  cheesy cheesy cheesy

hummmm i hear flodding is still a big problem
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 8:08am On Dec 11, 2009
In Lagos, there's this particular mad woman with twin, she had twin (wonder where the bastard that impregnated a mad woman came from), any time she goes to the market (yes, to the market to shop just like every other person), she gets everything she buys for free and sometimes, you just wonder if her madness is a blessing or a curse

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by puskin: 8:14am On Dec 11, 2009
^. . .whr 4 Lagos??
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by jaymdee(m): 8:16am On Dec 11, 2009
[color=#006600][/color] Lagos too much jor! A place where it's a almost a crime to ask 4 road directions. Everyone is a suspect,so u better call a friend even when u have ppl by ur side. Only in Eko do fake officials wait patiently for u to cross d exp way before apprehending u with dumb IDs. Only in Eko do we have Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U busses.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 8:20am On Dec 11, 2009
puskin:

^. . .whr 4 Lagos??

ever been to the Aguda part of surulere?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 8:23am On Dec 11, 2009
puskin:

Itz only in Lagos U'll see ppl trekking outrageous distances e.g 4rm Oshodi - Mile 2, CMS - Mile 2, Mile 2 - Iyano-Oba etc.

what of those who trek from c.m.s all the way to costain shocked
men, suffer too much for lagos!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 8:28am On Dec 11, 2009
puskin:

i have trekked more than 5 times from surulere to iyana ipaja, menn, it wasn't easy at first, but it later became part of me during the riot and fuel scarcity era. now if you see me walking, you would think something's chasing me, when i am walking with my friends, most of them run after me.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by dayokanu(m): 8:29am On Dec 11, 2009
ONLY in Lagos.

Only in Lagos would you see a car facing oncoming traffic on one-way with his head light fully on and the driver and conductor screaming at everyone.

Only in lagos do BUSTY women get reduced fares on their Okada ride, as the Okada rider finds bumps all over the road to run into and cause the bodies to clash

Only in Lagos does Shekpe sells more than Coca Cola
I saw one guy one a bike and the bike fell while on full speed, everyone rushed to the scene to try and help the guy, but the guy d eclined and just ordered 3 shots of Shekpe and got up ready to go.

what of those who trek from c.m.s all the way to costain

That one na small thing, During June 12 riots, I trekked from Jibowu/Fadeyi to Egbeda/Iyana-Ipaja
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by jasmine21(f): 8:32am On Dec 11, 2009
OMG!! this thread is soo f***ing funny; ive been laffin since morning. this has to be d funniest thread ever on naira land.
d 1 with the "hard-on" guy is unbelievably funny. he he heeee!!!!!!!!!!
grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 8:32am On Dec 11, 2009
dayokanu:

I saw one guy one a bike and the bike fell while on full speed, everyone rushed to the scene to try and help the guy, but the guy d eclined and just ordered 3 shots of Shekpe and got up ready to go.

lol  cheesy grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 8:36am On Dec 11, 2009
dayokanu:

That one na small thing, During June 12 riots, I trekked from Jibowu/Fadeyi to Egbeda/Iyana-Ipaja

that same era, i trekked from Aguda to Aboru (Iyana ipaja) not once, not twice. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 8:36am On Dec 11, 2009
OAM4J:

Damm!!! I know the man you are talking about. I made the mistake once, had to pay, since then, I drive thru d bridge winds up. I knew he wasn't mad, he was doing it deliberately. Hope he is no longer there.

lol no be small thing  grin, the guy was really popular  sad
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 8:40am On Dec 11, 2009
Scenario 3

This happened a year ago. I was standing by the Road (just in front of my house) waiting for a lift to work. Then I sighted a Mad Man approaching from the right. I quickly stepped a few yards back away from the road.
An elderly man in native was coming by the left, the mad man and the elderly man intersected just in front of my house.

The Elderly man just thought the mad man would walk by, but alas, the mad man raised his hand as if to slap him (he didnt) and yelled "You dey craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaze"

Lol it was so funny, coming from a mad man, I was laughing so hard and thanking God i had ducked, otherwise!  shocked
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 9:16am On Dec 11, 2009
Only in Lagos:

You are a JJC. You are trying to go somewhere, you have the address but have no idea how to get there.
You approach a bike (okada) and show him the address, He tells you 'Ha! That place, far oh, but if you fit pay, i go carry you go there'
He ends up taking you there and charges you some good amount of money!

When you're done and youre leaving the place, you decide to walk to the nearest busstop maybe with the friend who you visited, only to realize that the place you went to is actually trekkable from where the okada man was in the first place shocked

The bike guy simply took you on a merry-go-round to make you feel you've travelled some good distance grin

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by 1forall: 9:19am On Dec 11, 2009
Parking. . . Lagos style

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by collab: 9:20am On Dec 11, 2009
Only in Lagos you will see civilian beat policeman in Uniform .
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by 1forall: 9:21am On Dec 11, 2009
Lagos grafitti. . .

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 9:24am On Dec 11, 2009
collab:

Only in Lagos you will see civilian beat policeman in Uniform .

grin grin grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by allboyz(m): 9:26am On Dec 11, 2009
its hell. . .even hwhen you have money or not angry angry
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by spikedcylinder: 9:29am On Dec 11, 2009
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 11, 2009
It is only in Lagos, that a passenger will not have money, but will enter a bus, and instead of begging, will be cursing and fighting conductor and driver. At the end of the day and the noise, he(and even she) will get to his(her) destination without paying a kobo, depending on how 'mad' he/she is. Na war for lagos oo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Kenyan Mourners Drop Coffin, Fight Over Where To Bury Corpse (Video) / What Are These Words In Bini Language / El-Rufai Appoints Ahmed Nuhu Bamalli As Emir Of Zazzau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.