Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain (14382 Views)

See Gov Fayose Dancing After Winning all The Elections In Ekiti / House Of Representative Aspirant Dumps PDP For APC After Winning Primary / How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by GeorgeD1(m): 11:47am On Dec 18, 2009
hmmmm! what a way to reason! grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 18, 2009
tbaba83:

this is a simple case of reasoning. If you are invited to be residing in your uncle's house and you are caught stealing he has the right to send you packing. If his son coommits the same offence with you, he would just reciece a spanking.

George_D link=topic=365778.msg5138807#msg5138807 date=1261133264:

hmmmm! what a way to reason! ;

Well you can be sentimental if you like but that is the way the world works. Take it or leave it.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by eldee(m): 11:53am On Dec 18, 2009
George_D:

all speaking in defence of the british justice system, i just laugh because you don't know jack what you're defending grin

Erm . . . I study the law. It's my career path, I should know what the English Legal System is like.
It's you guys that don't know the basic principles of British Justice that tend to enforce your views on it.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by citizenY(m): 12:12pm On Dec 18, 2009
This is not rocket science . The man has committed an offence and in the process, it was found out that
was or is a serial offender and also his immigrant status get k-leg.

Since no be him papa house and dem no want am, make e come back home. No sentiments here.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by GeorgeD1(m): 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2009
carry on, eldee. na you know pass! grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Nnenna1(f): 1:46pm On Dec 18, 2009
honeric01:

Who should be banned? the quoted or the quoter? undecided
The quoter - Mr/Mrs. Aryan Nordicrace. His/her posts are scary.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by GeorgeD1(m): 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2009
has he arrived yet? we must go welcome him home grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by EloSela(f): 5:24pm On Dec 18, 2009
He broke the rules so he has to go.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by GeorgeD1(m): 9:13pm On Dec 18, 2009
oh yes. as if he's the only rule breaker in the whole of uk! angry
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by koolchicco: 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2009
George_D:

Tell her bro!

I tire 4 some pipo cu.m their post!
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by debosky(m): 9:39pm On Dec 18, 2009
George_D:

So what? Are the thieves in jail the only thieves in jail? Does it justify their crimes and negate their resultant punishment? No

Keep looking for a reason to justify this. . . .I'm interested in what new excuses can be given.

1. It's racism

2. He's being 'dumped' after being 'used'

3. He's not the only rule breaker

4. He's not medically fit to live in Nigeria (despite living here for over 30 years prior to moving to the UK)

5. I don't 'think' he should be deported for a driving offence (Despite what the law clearly states that a jail sentence qualifies a person for deportation)

6. Laws are biased against him

More please.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Sauron1: 9:47pm On Dec 18, 2009
debosky:

So what? Are the thieves in jail the only thieves in jail? Does it justify their crimes and negate their resultant punishment? No

Keep looking for a reason to justify this. . . .I'm interested in what new excuses can be given.

1. It's racism

4. He's not medically fit to live in Nigeria (despite living here for over 30 years prior to moving to the UK)

5. I don't 'think' he should be deported for a driving offence (Despite what the law clearly states that a jail sentence qualifies a person for deportation)

More please.

You guys are still here?
Mr Onwubiko is already in Lagos munching Agege Bread n Beans. grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by EloSela(f): 9:49pm On Dec 18, 2009
George_D:

The only people allowed to stay in the UK after breaking the law are citizens. This man isn't a citizen, he is a guest in our country and so should leave as he has shown blatant disregard for our law.

If I go to Nigeria, US or any other country and show disrespect for their laws, I will be asked to leave to. It is that simple. Britain has enough of its own criminals to deal with as it is and there is no reason why they should continue to fund this man and his law breaking ways.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by EloSela(f): 9:49pm On Dec 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

You guys are still here?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by debosky(m): 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2009
EloSela:

The only people allowed to stay in the UK after breaking the law are citizens. This man isn't a citizen, he is a guest in our country and so should leave as he has shown blatant disregard for our law.

If I go to Nigeria, US or any other country and show disrespect for their laws, I will be asked to leave to. It is that simple. Britain has enough of its own criminals to deal with as it is and there is no reason why they should continue to fund this man and his law breaking ways.

Just wondering. . .were you born in Nigeria?

Your points are immutable though - break the law, face the consequences.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by EloSela(f): 10:02pm On Dec 18, 2009
debosky:

1. It's racism

More please.

You forgot the key one.

He won 5, not 1 oh or even 2, [size=16pt]5 GOLD [/size]medals for the UK!!! It is these same Gold medals that contributed to the UK economy, paved all the roads in London, provided electricity in the Lewisham area of London, paid more taxes than anyone in the last last year, bailed out the Royal Bank of Scotland and Northern Rock, grin  fed and watered the homeless etc. etc.

In short, Britain benefited a great deal from those Gold medals and it is an absolute travesty, absolute disgrace that Onwubiko is now being sent back to Nigeria with nothing but the Gold medals which he graciously won out of the goodness of his heart for the benefit of all and sundry in Britain including Her Majesty, The Queen. Tragic I tell ya, just tragic!  cry cry
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by presido1: 10:04pm On Dec 18, 2009
debosky:

How can queen sister be born in Nigeria?

Your points are immutable though - break the law, face the consequences.
Exactly but why did they keep him in prison after serving his full term. That's what i don't understand.

That Guy will not be deported, they will tamper justice with mercy.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by EloSela(f): 10:04pm On Dec 18, 2009
debosky:

No
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by GeorgeD1(m): 2:06pm On Dec 19, 2009
debosky why not just tell the uk govt to deport all rule breakers to nigeria vis traffic offenders, criminals et al. regardless whether they're nigerians, asians, even bitons, we have enough prisons to accomodate them afterall we're the dumping ground for societal misfits! angry
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by debosky(m): 2:14pm On Dec 19, 2009
George_D:

debosky why not just tell the uk govt to deport all rule breakers to nigeria vis traffic offenders, criminals et al. regardless whether they're nigerians, asians, even bitons, we have enough prisons to accomodate them afterall we're the dumping ground for societal misfits! angry

What does this post have to do with the issue under discussion?

They are returning a Nigerian citizen to Nigeria, not some random person.

There is actually some sense in your post though. . . .the Brits might succeed in imprisoning Naija offenders in a purpose built jail soon enough. grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by tbaba83(m): 3:50pm On Dec 19, 2009
If your uncle takes you out of the village with promises to finance your education, well being and treats you like part of his family, then one month later, while residing in his place, you are caught stealing meat from the pot. Your uncle has every right to beat you and send you back to the village. Now on the other note, his son  burnt down the house and all he gets is a spanking. CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT. THAT IS HOW THE WORLD WORKS.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by GeorgeD1(m): 7:01pm On Dec 19, 2009
using your own analogy, a nephew who has toiled so hard and achieved what the so-called son could not achieve is more than a nephew and deserves better treatment. here's a foreigner who has won so many gold medals for a country who's citizens mostly laze about all day smoking pot and you call that nothing?! angry
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 19, 2009
George_D:

has he arrived yet? we must go welcome him home grin

He's at MMA arrivals. wink

~Sauron~:

You guys are still here?

PMSLMAO! grin grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by tbaba83(m): 8:00pm On Dec 19, 2009
So because of he won medals for Britain he should be pardoned for his offenses. MEDALS u say? LMAO
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by sentimentalsoul(m): 9:19pm On Dec 19, 2009
is quite unfair only God can safe us.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by GeorgeD1(m): 9:42pm On Dec 19, 2009
well if the gold medals are nothing, why not try asking those pot smoking lay abouts to go get some for thier country?!
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by lite5(m): 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2009
@George D, well said
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by EloSela(f): 12:39am On Dec 20, 2009
George_D:

well if the gold medals are nothing, why not try asking those pot smoking lay abouts to go get some for thier country?!

You're pushing the boat out a bit aren't you?

So everyone in Britain smokes pot  and lays about all day? Were all the Gold medals that Britain won in international games by foreigners and not by British citizens who were fully funded by the UK Sports Council? Are you saying that the only chance we have of winning a gold medal is by recruiting foreigners like Onwubiko or are you just talking purely out of ignorance and frustration?

I will let you answer that before I start quoting unemployment levels in Nigeria and the UK, what works in the UK and what doesn't in Nigeria due to the lack of manpower despite having more than double the population Britain has and also funding levels for sporting stars in Nigeria compared to the UK so we can determine which country truly has the most layabouts.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 20, 2009
George_D:

You're talking out of your South End!

Are medals won for Britain by foreign nationals what Britain was built upon? And how many Nigerians have won medals for Nigeria? This guy won 5 medals for Britain, true. But, he benefitted more from his success, as he got the exposure that could have taken him places. But instead, he blew it, by repeatedly driving a car whilst disqualified. The Nigerian concept of "I can break the law as much as I like" must be so deeply entrenched in him, as far as I'm concerned, he deserved to be deported. Why must we wait till he kills, or maims someone through careless driving, and driving whilst disqualified?

presido1:

That Guy will not be deported, they will tamper justice with mercy.

He should be put on the next available flight, and sent home. He needs to be made an example of. People like him regard mercy as a weakness, and will repeatedly offend. He should have though of this before he decided to treat his host country with contempt.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by GeorgeD1(m): 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2009
EloSela, Siena you can talk all you like but i think the most person to blame in all this is onwubuike himself. if he had stayed home and not gone to a foreign land that uses and dumps people, all this won't have happened in the first place! angry
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 20, 2009
George_D:

EloSela, Siena you can talk all you like but i think the most person to blame in all this is onwubuike himself. if he had stayed home and not gone to a foreign land that uses and dumps people, all this won't have happened in the first place! angry

If he'd kept his nose clean, and not been a persistent law-breaker, none of this would have happened.

The "use-and-dump" scenario is wearing pretty thin.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by EloSela(f): 7:03pm On Dec 20, 2009
George_D:

How was he used? Do you think he competed for free?

He was fully funded by the UK Sports council during his competing years which means all his living expenses were taken care of. Also in the article it doesn't make any mention of a job and so I am led to believe that he was probably surviving on benefits (disability and income benefit which could amount to up to £150 a week not including housing benefit and council tax which he probably also claimed for) and receiving free NHS care for his health issues. So who was using who? Who got the best end of the deal out of it all?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Osinbajo Commissions Some Projects In Zamfara State (Photos) / Reno Omokri Challenges Keyamo To Name One Project Initiated And Completed By Pmb / COVID-19: Oshiomhole Tested Negative - Lanre Issa-Onilu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.