Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,911 members, 7,810,507 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain (14355 Views)

See Gov Fayose Dancing After Winning all The Elections In Ekiti / House Of Representative Aspirant Dumps PDP For APC After Winning Primary / How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Mekana(m): 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2009
duduspace:

Fine for you Mekana, but another person in the same circumstance or slightly different circumstance from yours can arrive at a totally different conclusion like Angiefan.

Thanks 4 ya insight @Duduspace, i understand that our reasoning differs, but some ppl are too bigotry about their denial of their nigerian heritage.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by eldee(m): 5:11pm On Dec 16, 2009
@Basildon
My only problem with your argument is that it's based on race.
If she were a white blonde of German ancestry claiming to be Brit, you wouldn't have any problem with that. . . would you??

Mekana:

Thanks 4 ya insight @Duduspace, i understand that our reasoning differs, but some ppl are too bigotry about their denial of their nigerian heritage.

I see where you're coming from, but you have to remember that people tend to emphasize specific parts of their identity when that part is been threatened.
I think it's more a resistance she has to put on against Nigerians that refuse to accept that she's British.

It's just the same way Arab teens began to emphasize their religious identity after 9/11.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by agathamari(f): 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2009
he had been in the country for 15 years why didnt he get his citizenship papers?
he was arrested 3 times on traffic violations which caused him to loose his license and again was driving causing him to get arrested again.

he has absolutly noone to blame but himself.  he had more then enough time to get his citizenship,  the crimes commited were easily avoidable and one he knowingly and intentionaly broke the law and people here have the gaul to say that he is being prosecuted because of his race?  wtf!  he broke the law doesnt matter who or what he is.  the law is the law is the law.  you break it you suffer the penalty simple! you cannot fault a govenment for enforcing its laws just because you/he are from a country that laughs at the idea of law and order.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by presido1: 12:12am On Dec 17, 2009
Black British, Black American and Reh reh reh is just to differentiate the chaff from the grain. British and English peeps know themselves, we blacks are just forcing ourselves into them cus of the economic situation in our countries. Have never seen a German or French born British claim britico like we Afro descendants.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Sauron1: 12:15am On Dec 17, 2009
presido1:

Black British, Black American and Reh reh reh is just to differentiate the chaff from the grain. British and English peeps know themselves, we blacks are just forcing ourselves into them cus of the economic situation in our countries. Have never seen a German or French born British claim britico like we Afro descendants.

But this is not true. . . .
2 of ma colleagues were born in an obscure military base in Germany but with British descent.
They do claim they are Germans.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by debosky(m): 1:30am On Dec 17, 2009
Please keep on topic. . .if there is a need to discuss heritage/nationality as a separate issue, kindly create a new thread for that.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by PupetMasta(m): 1:37am On Dec 17, 2009
Let anybody claim watever country he or she wants, it all boils down to where u fell like home. Since Nigeria has decided not to grow up and is also behaving like a failed state u can blame them, No one wants to be associated wiv failure (except those in Abuja).

Please note the table could turn.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Nobody: 2:03am On Dec 17, 2009
PupetMasta:

Let anybody claim watever country he or she wants, it all boils down to where u fell like home. Since Nigeria has decided not to grow up and is also behaving like a failed state u can blame them, No one wants to be associated wiv failure (except those in Abuja).

tell that to the marines- literally

like most people apart from the asylum application office really care?
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by ModestSam(m): 2:15am On Dec 17, 2009
I would simply advise him to sell the medals and make enough money while he still can, before his deportation.
ebay would be a good place to start.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by GeorgeD1(m): 9:10am On Dec 17, 2009
well, this is a very big lesson to all our african brothers running to the usa and uk all in the name of greener pastures. they will only make use of you when they feel they need you and dump you the very minute you outlive your usefulness. i was watching cnn the other day and it was interesting to know that we have a naija brother in the usa football team. he was even proud to be representing the usa even if it means competing against his own country. such is the moral depravity we have sunk into all because of poverty! angry
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by calabaman(m): 10:25am On Dec 17, 2009
Na wa o, This oyinbo peeps no fity pity am as na disabled man im be
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by citizenY(m): 10:50am On Dec 17, 2009
^^^^^^^^
Yawns----- boring------ come back home if your sojourn has not been successful, we shall not call you the prodigal son.

For the others who are there like chicken standing on one leg, behave yaself and comply with the demands of ya host country

and some of you should not turn out to be casting aspersions at Nigeria. You don go you don go but at least keep ya manners.

Apart from that all this oyibo regualtory stuff no interest me. I dey Naija kampe.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by honeric01(m): 10:53am On Dec 17, 2009
calabaman:

Na wa o, This oyinbo peeps no fity pity am as na disabled man im be

He was once useful, now they have more than 100 Nigerians looking for that same opportunity, so he has been successfully replaced infact with 100 more slaves (young) slaves.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by kenerep: 12:18pm On Dec 17, 2009
Hmm, It begs the question what is the funds allocated to the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign affairs used for? probably to fund private parties and foreign trips and safe keeping in foreign banks Shame on all Nigerian governemtn oficials!!! Mr , no place like home but I think common sense will prevail.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by debosky(m): 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2009
honeric01:

He was once useful, now they have more than 100 Nigerians looking for that same opportunity, so he has been successfully replaced infact with 100 more slaves (young) slaves.

If he didn't commit an offence repeatedly he would still be allowed to stay - that is the crux of the matter.

All this talk of 'slaves' or being replaced, or being treated unfairly doesn't arise in my opinion - don't do the crime and you won't suffer the consequences.

Unfortunately, our 'culture' of 'begging' and getting away with things makes us think that is how it works everywhere. In addition, the overused discrimination line is often dragged out as the motive behind the action. Our mentality is so bastardised that we can't fathom someone being punished for doing wrong - heck our leaders do wrong and even get rewarded for it.

There are thousands of Nigerians who have made bigger and smaller contributions to British society and they remain in Britain. The matter is simple - don't commit crime and you'll be left alone.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by debosky(m): 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2009
George_D:

well, this is a very big lesson to all our african brothers running to the usa and uk all in the name of greener pastures. they will only make use of you when they feel they need you and dump you the very minute you outlive your usefulness. i was watching cnn the other day and it was interesting to know that we have a naija brother in the usa football team. he was even proud to be representing the usa even if it means competing against his own country. such is the moral depravity we have sunk into all because of poverty! angry

Why will someone commit a crime in a foreign country and feel he can get away with it? Is it because he's disabled? Is it because he won medals? The law remains the law - even if you are an ex-president and you commit a crime, you get punished.

Recently a 603year old judge was caught drink driving in the UK, he lost his £128,000/year job because of that. Now if it was naija you'd hear 'pity him now', he only did it once and all that kind of thing.

Too much subjectivity makes law enforcement a joke - if you can beg well or cry a lot of tears things might go your way. Not so in established legal systems.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by honeric01(m): 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2009
debosky:

If he didn't commit an offence repeatedly he would still be allowed to stay - that is the crux of the matter.

All this talk of 'slaves' or being replaced, or being treated unfairly doesn't arise in my opinion - don't do the crime and you won't suffer the consequences.

Unfortunately, our 'culture' of 'begging' and getting away with things makes us think that is how it works everywhere. In addition, the overused discrimination line is often dragged out as the motive behind the action. Our mentality is so bastardised that we can't fathom someone being punished for doing wrong - heck our leaders do wrong and even get rewarded for it.

There are thousands of Nigerians who have made bigger and smaller contributions to British society and they remain in Britain. The matter is simple - don't commit crime and you'll be left alone.

i said what i said according to what we have on the article (traffic offense is what they are using as a yardstick to have him deported). well bro, we have already dwelled alot on this case, so i rest my case grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by felifeli: 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2009
I love Angiefan . I think I am going to marry her when I/she grow(s) up.
Hey Angie photo appreciated. I hope you're beautiful kiss
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by ayobase(m): 1:20pm On Dec 17, 2009
He is welcome back home oh!
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 17, 2009
uu
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by thameamead(f): 2:10pm On Dec 17, 2009
one rule for a white guy and another rule for a blackguy, am not trying to play the race card here but i find it strange the Home Office are always tough on coloured people, take the case of the bolivian that was allowed to remain in the uk because of his cat
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6360116/Immigrant-allowed-to-stay-because-of-pet-cat.html    The aghanistan's men that hijacked a plane @ luton airport a couple of yrs ago were granted leave to remain in the UK while the Ghanian illegal immigrant that was diagnosed with cancer having worked for 5 yrs in d uk was deported, well she died 5months later in Ghana,

There r hundreds of preachers of hate roaming the streest with more than one wives, claiming all kinds of benefits, Y can't they send them back to their country of origin, y is there so much injustice in dis world,
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Sauron1: 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2009
thameamead:

one rule for a white guy and another rule for a blackguy, am not trying to play the race card here but i find it strange the Home Office are always tough on coloured people, take the case of the bolivian that was allowed to remain in the uk because of his cat
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6360116/Immigrant-allowed-to-stay-because-of-pet-cat.html    The aghanistan's men that hijacked a plane @ luton airport a couple of yrs ago were granted leave to remain in the UK while the Ghanian illegal immigrant that was diagnosed with cancer having worked for 5 yrs in d uk was deported, well she died 5months later in Ghana,

There r hundreds of preachers of hate roaming the streest with more than one wives, claiming all kinds of benefits, Y can't they send them back to their country of origin, y is there so much injustice in dis world,

Don't contradict yourself. . . . . .Bolivians are coloured people.
They are Latinos.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by eldee(m): 2:16pm On Dec 17, 2009
thameamead:

The Bolivian is not white, neither did he commit any crime. . . he was allowed to stay because he was a non-criminal in a serious committed relationship.
The Afghan people are not white either . . . so tell me exactly where the race card comes in.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by debosky(m): 2:24pm On Dec 17, 2009
Allowing someone to stay because of a cat is now a 'race-card'? undecided

Please don't quote sensationalist headlines - he was allowed to stay because it was proven that he was in a committed relationship with his girlfriend, the cat simply being evidence of that relationship.

The actual REASON he was allowed to stay was this:

Mr O'Leary added that his client originally brought the case because he should have benefited from a Home Office policy on unmarried partners which gives credit to couples who have been together more than two years. The Bolivian had been with his partner for four years, he said.

"It was made clear by the initial judge and then by Senior Immigration Judge Gleeson that the appellant should benefit from that policy and be granted the right to remain," he said.

He added: "This case was won because the Home Office had a policy which they did not initially apply but later, through their representative, they accepted should have been applied."

A spokesman from the Judicial Communications Office said: "This was a case in which the Home Office conceded that they had mistakenly failed to apply their own policy for dealing with unmarried partners of people settled in the UK."

Did the Bolivian commit the type of crime we are talking about here? NO. Compare like with like and THINK before screaming racism.

The Nigerian's case is before the authorities - if the tribunal says he should remain then he will.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by thameamead(f): 2:26pm On Dec 17, 2009
I do not consider Bolivians and Afghan's to be white but if u say they are, then whom am i to disagree, i hope the nigerian guy is be allowed to stay in the country, he has spent time in prison,
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Sauron1: 2:28pm On Dec 17, 2009
thameamead:

I do not consider Bolivians and Afghan's to be white but if u say they are, then whom am i to disagree, i hope the nigerian guy is be allowed to stay in the country, he has spent time in prison,

And that is the MAJOR reason he won't be allowed to stay.
Ex-convicts are rarely spared as far as deportation is concerned.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by honeric01(m): 2:29pm On Dec 17, 2009
eldee:

The Bolivian is not white, neither did he commit any crime. . . he was allowed to stay because he was a non-criminal in a serious committed relationship.
The Afghan people are not white either

But they ain't Black or Africans.

Someone who hijacked a plane was allowed to stay? shocked shocked shocked

And someone who violated traffic offense is to be deported  cool cool

Now, what a terrific country called the UK grin grin
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by eldee(m): 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2009
debosky:

Allowing someone to stay because of a cat is now a 'race-card'?  undecided

He's obviously trying to play the race card . . . look at his post

one rule for a white guy and another rule for a blackguy

i find it strange the Home Office are always tough on coloured people
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by honeric01(m): 2:32pm On Dec 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

And that is the MAJOR reason he won't be allowed to stay.
Ex-convicts are rarely spared as far as deportation is concerned.

The afghan hijacker never was imprisoned? undecided
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by debosky(m): 2:34pm On Dec 17, 2009
honeric01:

But they ain't Black or Africans.

Someone who hijacked a plane was allowed to stay? shocked shocked shocked

And someone who violated traffic offense is to be deported  cool cool

Now, what a terrific country called the UK grin grin

Look at the evidence before making a knee jerk response - the actual circumstances in each case will vary and without that you can't compare rationally.
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by honeric01(m): 2:36pm On Dec 17, 2009
debosky:

Look at the evidence before making a knee jerk response - the actual circumstances in each case will vary and without that you can't compare rationally.

Maybe you need to read this mr man.

http://lionheartuk..com/2008/05/plane-hijacker-working-at-heathrow.html

what evidence do you want again?
Re: Nigerian For Deportation After Winning Gold For Britain by Sauron1: 2:36pm On Dec 17, 2009
honeric01:

The afghan hijacker never was imprisoned?  undecided

Which Afghan hijacker?
Bring out the details and letz look at it.

honeric01:

Maybe you need to read this mr man.

http://lionheartuk..com/2008/05/plane-hijacker-working-at-heathrow.html

what evidence do you want again?

They are asylum seekers. . . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Senate Orders Unfreezing Of Patience Jonathan’s Accounts / Lai Mohammed: Nigeria In Safe Hands Despite Security Challenges / Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.