Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,110 members, 7,953,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:32 PM

Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? (19276 Views)

Poll: Could you possibly live together with your boyfriend/girlfriend?

Yes: 43% (63 votes)
No: 56% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Ladies, Tips For Defecating In Your Boyfriend's Place / 55 Crazy Thoughts A Girl Has When She Needs To Shit At Her Boyfriend’s Place. / I Bed Wet At My Boyfriend Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by usoldier(m): 4:40pm On Jan 26, 2007
Hi People,There is nothing bad in Having a babe come chill with you over the weekend especially if she is the one you plan to marry, how else would you know if she can cook, Discover the true her etc.
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by Radiant(f): 1:06am On Jan 27, 2007
Yes Sir!
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by kimba(m): 7:19am On Jan 27, 2007
one of my Univ teachers called it :
[size=18pt]Legalized fornication.[/size]

Playing house: to the women who agree to such, its a 60-40 bargain and they(girls) are on the 40 percent side.

Ive seen cases of guys finding a new beau while they were living in with a girlfriend(with whom they had been sleeping with). At the end of the day, 'moving out' and feeling used and abused were feelings too heavy to handle and too hard to express. Usually, the only person available to console such ladies were themselves.
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by kangu(f): 10:35am On Jan 27, 2007
I'm not trying to despise others,I'm not for the idea of staying with my boyfriend not until we get married.
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by kangu(f): 10:42am On Jan 27, 2007
well it doesn't mean you can't make love to your lover,but it doesn't have to be overnight,it's a disgrace to the parents cos i think it's not their wish that you spend nights at mens homes not eveb your fiancee
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by kangu(f): 10:44am On Jan 27, 2007
oops i mean not even your fiancee!
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by Ameriefan(f): 10:57am On Jan 27, 2007
Sleep over to his place dont wanna live wit him yet
cos he dont know what he wants.
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by pati(f): 5:20pm On Jan 28, 2007
I can sleep over @my boy friends place but living with him is out of the question
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by fellybabe(f): 1:36pm On Jan 30, 2007
i think i support the idea of sleeping over but i don't really likle ladies that live with their boyfriend
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by tushbobo(m): 2:27pm On Jan 30, 2007
Some ladies may not see that as bad but i can tell you for sure that guys don't respect such ladies.The are better ways to know your partner than that, no one is perfect,lets say u dont find a life partner of ur choice after dating 5 guys-so u r going to cohabit with all the five cos u want to know them? what da, ?
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by cynthia(f): 3:42pm On Jan 30, 2007
Macgreat:

@radiant you can say that again,what does "Vgna" got to do with this undecided
so you and radiant are refering to me. look on this forum you are entitled to your own opinion. ok
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by beckygirl(f): 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2007
i can sleep there over night but cant live with him so far he is still boyfriend cool
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by Uche2nna(m): 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2007
kangu:

well it doesn't mean you can't make love to your lover,but it doesn't have to be overnight,it's a disgrace to the parents because i think it's not their wish that you spend nights at mens homes not eveb your fiancee

Disgrace ? Well, If U r concerned about disgrace then U should not even make love to him untill the wedding nite
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by liliana(f): 3:11pm On Jan 31, 2007
I cannot,i repeat cannot spend the night with my boyfriend let alone live with him.

Its against the rules.

Its high time we earn our respect as girls

Enough of this intimidation such as if u truly love me,

Love is respect, respecting the wishes of ur girl.if u love her u won't force her to do what she doesn't want to.

Girls, USE YOUR HEAD.

Love is not blind before marriage but it is blind after marriage.

Peace!!!!!!!!
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by Uche2nna(m): 3:29pm On Jan 31, 2007
My point is dat U should not take it halfway. I will make make love to him but I would not sleep over. I dont understand it. If U make love him to him U can as well sleep the nite
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by diyobdw(f): 5:48pm On Jan 31, 2007
@liliana
Its against the rules. -whos rules?

Love is respect, respecting the wishes of your girl.if u love her u won't force her to do what she doesn't want to.

-Whose respect are you seeking- having sex is no way degrading except if you are being abused.
Most girl that sleep over aint forced. or are you talking about some other issues here? undecided
Remember that when you feel low about yourself, no one would raise your prize!

-You lost me there!

You can sleep over without having sex( it's your choice and level of understanding.)
Except you are against having sex altogether- sleep over or come over na the same thing!
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by waffistyle(m): 12:48am On Feb 01, 2007
it is common and good to spend time, that could be a weekend, Friday to Sunday, with a Fiance, or a serious date, you dont start the relationship by spending nights, you grow to that level, as his committment increases, and the relationship gets stronger, you have to know yourselves, mariage is a life time matter, i de inside marriage, so i can advise.

Full cohabitation is bad, dont pack your things to live fully in a boy friends house,
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by felia(f): 5:09pm On Feb 01, 2007
why not sleep at your boyfriend or girfriend parents house and see the out come. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by beyunce(f): 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2007
Sleep over yea, notin wrong wit dat. but living 2gether is nt a good idea at all.2 much event will get in the way of the realationship. and he might just get tired of u. sometimes men, guys jst want to be alone wit dem selfs and friends.

So its ok 2 sleep over but nt ok 2 Live wit. (My Opinion)
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by iice(f): 3:22am On Feb 02, 2007
LMAO LMAO, what's with the 'he might get tired of you' Tsk tsk, such fear tongue whatever happened to 'I might get tired of him? grin grin. And ohhh the lame 'just to prove love and ish' is for the slow brains. Puhleeze if you can't see through that crap, U gotta work on your brains. Feed it some nutrients grin grin grin
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by cynthia(f): 7:15pm On Feb 02, 2007
liliana:

I cannot,i repeat cannot spend the night with my boyfriend let alone live with him.

Its against the rules.

Love is respect, respecting the wishes of your girl.if u love her u won't force her to do what she doesn't want to.

Girls, USE YOUR HEAD.

Peace!!!!!!!!
i feel you girl !!!!!!!!!!!! tell them allll , they know nothing, its a girl that has no parent or whose parents are not dicipline , this is not mums giel or whatevr its just wrong to do that

girsl its high time we girls stand tallllll and say no to what is not,
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by Dime(f): 7:57pm On Feb 02, 2007
Sleeping ova your boyfriends place has nothing to do with respecting your parents or your family or whoever you feel the need to respect,
Most of the time when you do sleep ova it is about understanding each other, and agreeing to whatever. Living with him i pesonally like my freedom a lot and i don't want anyone telling me wat to do with myself or how to live my life.**which is exactly why i live alone* Am a full time law student and i got a part-time job to take care of myself while am in school. The problem with us young/single women is that we just gotta know that it is fun to have a bobo, as long as you don't let him be the topic in your life for you.
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by funmise(f): 3:26am On Feb 03, 2007
It all depends on individual's ethics and believe, sleeping over is not a big deal. if u ve had sex
with him, what's d differents if u decide 2 sleeep over. Infact, u guys might end up nt havin any sexual intercourse.

1) It depends on the level of d relationship.
2) If u still stay with your parents, you're definitely going to say no 2 sleepin ovr in your Bf or financee's place. Esp if you're that type that is nt allowed 2 stay outside late in d night.
3) Even if a girl decides 2 sleep ovr mayb 4 d wknd or a night, that's got nothin 2 do with disrespecting oneself because u ve d abilty 2 control wuteva  happens dere, its nt like u going 2 stay with a stranger or something.

But if u now decide 2 move in with d guy then that is nt d best option.
It also depends on d circumstances surrounding d stay though.
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by cynthia(f): 11:18am On Feb 05, 2007
Dime:

Sleeping ova your boyfriends place has nothing to do with respecting your parents or your family or whoever you feel the need to respect,
Most of the time when you do sleep ova it is about understanding each other, and agreeing to whatever. Living with him i pesonally like my freedom a lot and i don't want anyone telling me what to do with myself or how to live my life.**which is exactly why i live alone* Am a full time law student and i got a part-time job to take care of myself while am in school. The problem with us young/single women is that we just gotta know that it is fun to have a bobo, as long as you don't let him be the topic in your life for you.
Hellllooooo, i also love my freedom, infact me and my mum do quarel alot cos she tend to porknose into my personal affairs, infact its very though and i am also studing accountancy, but this is not about personal relationship. but this is respect i mean any thing can happen. this world is full of temptations, no one is perfect, if you have your repect and pride you can stand up to that boyfriend of yours and tell him what is on your mind without him controling you about,
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by Macgreat(m): 11:57am On Feb 05, 2007
Hello cythia,what's up ? grin grin
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by cynthia(f): 3:14pm On Feb 05, 2007
Macgreat:

Hello cythia,what's up ? grin grin
i am great: how are you doing ?
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by Dime(f): 4:36pm On Feb 05, 2007
cynthia:

Hellllooooo, i also love my freedom, infact me and my mum do quarel alot because she tend to porknose into my personal affairs, infact its very though and i am also studying accountancy, but this is not about personal relationship. but this is respect i mean any thing can happen. this world is full of temptations, no one is perfect, if you have your respect and pride you can stand up to that boyfriend of yours and tell him what is on your mind without him controlling you about,
Excuse me sweety, we all have our different lives to live and we also have different opinion on a certain matter.
Am sorry but if your mother is still poke nosing into your personal affairs then from what i have been learning you are definitely not free to do as you please. If my mom is here with me i don't think i would be living on my own let alone use that word *pokenose*, see i have learned that if you can't handle whatever that comes with having a boyfriend then don't have one, If you are a virgin and don't want to have sex until you get married, stay away from boys, if you want to stay celibate for a while don't have sex and so on. As far as anything happen, *sheeeeeeeet* seriously please you need to stop thinking like a baby, with the way your thinking i would have to say you are still a virgin, and if you are please when writing another reply to this post please address your opinion to virgins. This is 2007 in this world that i grew up in, having sex or sleeping over at your boyfriend is not a crime, rather it is your choice. Could be a good choice or a bad one it just has nothing to do with respecting yourself or anyone else. See for your self thier is a difference between this two.

Morality :- is the principles concerning the difference between right and wrong
Being Respectable :- means to be regarded by society as being proper, correct and good. Thank you!!
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by diyobdw(f): 5:16pm On Feb 05, 2007
cheesy cheesy cheesy am having fun with this responce
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by cynthia(f): 5:32pm On Feb 05, 2007
Dime:

Excuse me sweety, we all have our different lives to live and we also have different opinion on a certain matter.
Am sorry but if your mother is still poke nosing into your personal affairs then from what i have been learning you are definitely not free to do as you please. If my mom is here with me i don't think i would be living on my own let alone use that word *pokenose*, see i have learned that if you can't handle whatever that comes with having a boyfriend then don't have one, If you are a virgin and don't want to have sex until you get married, stay away from boys, if you want to stay celibate for a while don't have sex and so on. As far as anything happen, *sheeeeeeeet* seriously please you need to stop thinking like a baby, with the way your thinking i would have to say you are still a virgin, and if you are please when writing another reply to this post please address your opinion to virgins. This is 2007 in this world that i grew up in, having sex or sleeping over at your boyfriend is not a crime, rather it is your choice. Could be a good choice or a bad one it just has nothing to do with respecting yourself or anyone else. See for your self their is a difference between this two.

Morality :- is the principles concerning the difference between right and wrong
Being Respectable :- means to be regarded by society as being proper, correct and good. Thank you!!
Hmmmm. Virgin or no  Virgin lets be realistic, if your mother or father is poking her nose into your private affairs , i think he or she is  bound to do so cos as a normal parent they wouldd want to know what is happening to you. you don't like it fine but they just have to,
then the Respect, you Don't need to check the Dictionary for me ,that is a coy idea, this is a forum where everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion. well it depends on the kind of guy you are dating, some guys see ladies who Sleep or live with a guy as slut and some guys doesn't. [b][/b]for more info i have a boy friend , thank you
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by Dime(f): 7:58pm On Feb 05, 2007
cynthia:

Hmmmm. Virgin or no  Virgin lets be realistic, if your mother or father is poking her nose into your private affairs , i think he or she is  bound to do so because as a normal parent they wouldd want to know what is happening to you. you don't like it fine but they just have to,
then the Respect, you Don't need to check the Dictionary for me ,that is a coy idea, this is a forum where everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion. well it depends on the kind of guy you are dating, some guys see ladies who Sleep or live with a guy as slut and some guys doesn't. [b][/b]for more info i have a boy friend , thank you *dime shakes head and wonder what the hell that was for*

Hey am glad you said some guys because in that case you are not generalizing and speaking for every guy. Man don't you get it? you need to stop thinking like a villager. I have a lot of boys as friends, they come over to my apartment when i cook, they eat their fill and then they play my video games or gist or study or just chill with me after that, sometimes i go over and cook in their house and since we all understand ourselves like that we know not to cross the line due to the fact that we want to keep our friendship. And in addition my mom knows most of them and she also knows who i date. In regards to my parents they are normal, very understanding, they trust my judment and opinions about SOME things in my life and if they are to GIVE ME AN ADVISE not poke nose into my affair then that is another matter entirely. You are not on your own, and my reason for believing that is because i have a mother i don't ask her for help on anything because i want her to know that i don't depend on them for anything, so in another words i don't want them pokenosing or odering me about like a baby. GET IT?!. I don't roll with girls honey, because we are a problem onto each other and i just simply don't like the drama's that bound to rear it's head, so 90% of my close friends are guys and if my calculation is right most girls will frown upon that or condemn me for that. But the funniest thing about this things is that most of this girls hide behind a mask.
You say you have a boyfriend wow that's great, but you still sound childish to me. Because you made a point with no facts, you having a boyfriends could mean a lot of things liker you are still a Virgin, almost not a virgin, or not a virgin and i still stick to my point you are virgin, so therefore you need to have experience to speak about things like this. Internet or no Internet speak wisely.
Now if you are a virgin cheesy am not asking you to do anything stupid or for you to feel bad about yourself and your condition, am just trying to say stop sounding so stupid and naive it is just starting to get on my nerves.
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by cynthia(f): 10:31am On Feb 06, 2007
Dime:

Hey am glad you said some guys because in that case you are not generalizing and speaking for every guy. Man don't you get it? you need to stop thinking like a villager. I have a lot of boys as friends, they come over to my apartment when i cook, they eat their fill and then they play my video games or gist or study or just chill with me after that, sometimes i go over and cook in their house and since we all understand ourselves like that we know not to cross the line due to the fact that we want to keep our friendship. And in addition my mom knows most of them and she also knows who i date. In regards to my parents they are normal, very understanding, they trust my judment and opinions about SOME things in my life and if they are to GIVE ME AN ADVISE not poke nose into my affair then that is another matter entirely. You are not on your own, and my reason for believing that is because i have a mother i don't ask her for help on anything because i want her to know that i don't depend on them for anything, so in another words i don't want them pokenosing or odering me about like a baby. GET IT?!. I don't roll with girls honey, because we are a problem onto each other and i just simply don't like the drama's that bound to rear it's head, so 90% of my close friends are guys and if my calculation is right most girls will frown upon that or condemn me for that. But the funniest thing about this things is that most of this girls hide behind a mask.
You say you have a boyfriend wow that's great, but you still sound childish to me. Because you made a point with no facts, you having a boyfriends could mean a lot of things liker you are still a Virgin, almost not a virgin, or not a virgin and i still stick to my point you are virgin, so therefore you need to have experience to speak about things like this. Internet or no Internet speak wisely.
Now if you are a virgin cheesy am not asking you to do anything stupid or for you to feel bad about yourself and your condition, am just trying to say stop sounding so stupid and naive it is just starting to get on my nerves.
Ouch!!!! Dime you know what i like the way you are responding to this topic, But let me tell you something, i bearly have 4 girl friends even at that i dont chat with them alot and i am not saying you should like girls as a friend either. Virgin, little virgin, Half virgin,not a virgin, Bla Bla, its either Virgin or not a virgin. any Kind of Virgin can Give wise opinions. i want you to get it straight into your head that this topic is not about Virgin or no Virgin. i have guys that come keep me company in my apartment but Do not live with me or sleep over night, Get that Wuss, so you mean if i am a virgin i can't give reasonable opinion ? if yes its the same thing as saying a blind man can't walk or talk,
I Guess you are not living in Nigeria or africa. If so then I socumb to what you are saying but if no, you are absolutely and purely wrong. My mum Do trust very much, But parent would wANT TO pORK Their nose into what you engage your self in.
[s][/s]Don't let it get on your nerves, sweetyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.[s][/s]
Re: Can You Sleep Over In A Boyfriend's Place Or Live With Him? by cynthia(f): 10:49am On Feb 06, 2007
Wow i now see the reason why you want to use me as an Arguing instrument. i saw your Profile on MSN and you stated there that you love those who can Argue, you are beautiful though and i like your pic, but you no serious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This What My Oga Daughter Is Asking Me To Do (18+ Pic Inside) / A Statement You Made To Your Partner That You Regretted? / Double Dating - Right or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.