Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly (8273 Views)

Its Obvious That A Majority Of Ladies Will Die To Be This Guy(photo) / How Do You Feel When Your 9ja Men Dating Fat Asian Abroad ? / Majority Of Nigeria Men Cheat Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by LordReed(m): 9:29pm On Dec 26, 2009
Sometimes it seems to me that this so called discrimination occurs only on Nairaland's pages cos I as a Nigerian WILL NOT marry a 'white' woman I don't even consider them as attractive as 'black' women. As it is I am not the only one who holds this view in my neck of the woods here in Naija. Almost all my friends and people I know will not or are not married to 'white' women even wen they had opportunity to do so.

It baffles me that people come here with statistics or words like all or many to describe how 'hated' the 'black' woman is. I say only on the pages of Nairaland Romance section is this vehemence obvious.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by H2O2: 9:32pm On Dec 26, 2009
Lord_Reed:

Sometimes it seems to me that this so called discrimination occurs only on Nairaland's pages cos I as a Nigerian WILL NOT marry a 'white' woman I don't even consider them as attractive as 'black' women. As it is I am not the only one who holds this view in my neck of the woods here in Naija. Almost all my friends and people I know will not or are not married to 'white' women even wen they had opportunity to do so.

It baffles me that people come here with statistics or words like all or many to describe how 'hated' the 'black' woman is. I say only on the pages of Nairaland Romance section is this vehemence obvious.
That's obviously not true, considering how widespread a phenomenon it is.  It would serve you well to familiarize yourself with what's really going on out there.  It might not be prevalent in your neck of the woods, but it does occur more often than you think.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by chiogo(f): 9:33pm On Dec 26, 2009
H2O2:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You black b!tches are all the same.

Y'all always complaining about how nobody don't want your a$s, don't nobody know how to treat ya! Then you meet a man, a brother, with genuine interest in ya, and you gotta act simple. Then you wonder why we date white women.
 - WTE 1995.  undecided

Who's WTE?
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by H2O2: 9:40pm On Dec 26, 2009
The women complaing about a lack of good men generally do not understand the authority they have in managing the choice of men they elope with.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by H2O2: 9:42pm On Dec 26, 2009
chiogo:

Who's WTE?

Waiting to Exhale smiley
Ish, I'm waiting to exhale right about now. You guys are a piece of work.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by chiogo(f): 9:47pm On Dec 26, 2009
H2O2:

Waiting to Exhale  smiley
Ish, I'm waiting to exhale right about now.  You guys are a piece of work.
Oh but do you know the name of the author(assuming that's a book)?
Who's you guys? Take ya time oo.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by ravenzord(m): 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2009
@ chiogo: Hehehe, there's legal and there's legal,if U've been legal it's not gon' show on ur drivers' license is it? And in my part of the slums the UPS drivers get beat up and sent away naked. Pardonéz moi,4got U were in Yanks. I don't have enuff cheese to go out so I'm in skool drinking garri and watching one pseudo-Naija movie lyk this: 'Clash of Passion. . .effing dry,but the chicks are ok sha,proof that Ghanaian women are not ugly.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by chiogo(f): 9:59pm On Dec 26, 2009
ravenzord:

@ chiogo: Hehehe, there's legal and there's legal,if U've been legal it's not gon' show on your drivers' license is it? And in my part of the slums the UPS drivers get beat up and sent away unclothed. Pardonéz moi,4got U were in Yanks. I don't have enuff cheese to go out so I'm in skool drinking garri and watching one pseudo-Naija movie lyk this: 'Clash of Passion. . .effing dry,but the chicks are ok sha,proof that Ghanaian women are not ugly.
My dear, legal is legal. tongue You're back in school already? You know in Naija, they say Christmas is both the 25th and 26th. I still kinda believe that lolol
So you're spending New Year in school? That's just crazy. LMAO. Can't remember the last time I watched a Naija movie. tongue
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by LordReed(m): 10:01pm On Dec 26, 2009
H2O2:

That's obviously not true, considering how widespread a phenomenon it is.  It would serve you well to familiarize yourself with what's really going on out there.  It might not be prevalent in your neck of the woods, but it does occur more often than you think.

Look am not ignorant if thats wat u are implying. I have friends (Nigerian men) who live in UK, Europe and America they did not marry 'white' women (except for 1 or 2). If all the Naija men around u prefer 'white' women dats fyne but to generalise and say Naija men hate Naija women is patently false and baseless except in small groups as far as I am concerned.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by H2O2: 10:12pm On Dec 26, 2009
Lord_Reed:

Look am not ignorant if thats wat u are implying. I have friends (Nigerian men) who live in UK, Europe and America they did not marry 'white' women (except for 1 or 2). If all the Naija men around u prefer 'white' women dats fyne but to generalise and say Naija men hate Naija women is patently false and baseless except in small groups as far as I am concerned.
I don't understand who made that generalization you're referring to. It must be you. You are contradicting yourself on several levels. Considering that at first you claimed that the men you know in reality do not date white women, only to retract that statement by implying that only 1 or 2 of them do. I wouldn't call you ignorant, just rather dyslexic. In comprehension you not on ly have to read, you should be able to understand and interpret what you read very well. Where was it implied that all Naija men around here "hate" Naija women and prefer "white" women? and again where did you see the generalization that you are parroting?

Maybe you should refer to your earlier post to see where you went off board. You would prefer to pretend it doesn't exist, when it fact it does.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by ravenzord(m): 10:13pm On Dec 26, 2009
I didn't even go home at all,felt it wasn't worth it. . .nd now I'm regretting the decision,I think the only gud thing that happened is that I didn't purge this hols,4 d 1st time in my life. This is my 1st Naija movie in years. . .and the only diff from the last one I saw is dat d chicks are hotter,tshew.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by H2O2: 10:14pm On Dec 26, 2009
chiogo:

Oh but do you know the name of the author(assuming that's a book)?
Who's you guys? Take ya time oo.
Terry McMillan.  Or just watch the movie instead.  I'll find you a link LOL.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by H2O2: 10:17pm On Dec 26, 2009
Nevermind chich there's no link for that movie.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 26, 2009
@Raven
Stayed at school for christmas? Of course you'll regret it and now you're stuck in your room watching Desmond Elliott romance Genevieve or whatever her name is, or is it that Majid guy this time? cheesy

Sucker cheesy
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by H2O2: 10:23pm On Dec 26, 2009
my gosh ibukun you are a goof ball grin grin
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 26, 2009
lol cheesy
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by LordReed(m): 10:27pm On Dec 26, 2009
H2O2:

I don't understand who made that generalization you're referring to.  It must be you.  You are contradicting yourself on several levels.  Considering that at first you claimed that the men you know in reality do not date white women, only to retract that statement by implying that only 1 or 2 of them do.  I wouldn't call you ignorant, just rather dyslexic.  In comprehension you not on ly have to read, you should be able to understand and interpret what you read very well.  Where was it implied that all Naija men around here "hate" Naija women and prefer "white" women? and again where did you see the generalization that you are parroting?

Maybe you should refer to your earlier post to see where you went off board.  You would prefer to pretend it doesn't exist, when it fact it does.

U know I could start trading insults with u but am going to keep my kool n respond to u. U say am dyslexic and can't read but did u even read my post?

Anyway to answer ur questions. The generalisation is obvious all over this romance section and as a case in point this very thread. The OP says we are all ugly both female and male. Implying that the 9ja female is undesirable and vice versa. Is this not 'hate'?

Several of the posters have made reference to other topics where this same issues keep popping up. Is this not sufficient to suggest a generalisation?

If u say I went of the board did u see where I brought forward my personal experience? How does that constitute 'a going off board'?
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by LordReed(m): 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2009
Besides I did not contradict myself. I said 'almost all' (implying a good numba of) which is very different from all (implying a totality). So please do ur 'comprehension' before replying.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by chiogo(f): 10:36pm On Dec 26, 2009
ravenzord:

I didn't even go home at all,felt it wasn't worth it. . .nd now I'm regretting the decision,I think the only gud thing that happened is that I didn't purge this hols,4 d 1st time in my life. This is my 1st Naija movie in years. . .and the only diff from the last one I saw is dat d chicks are hotter,tshew.
Whaaat?? Boy, ya crazy!!! Christmas in naija is the best, y'know!! And you decided to stay in school? Na wa oo  grin grin tongue

H2O2:

Terry McMillan.  Or just watch the movie instead.  I'll find you a link LOL.
Ah ok, sounds familiar.

Lord_Reed, the author of this thread is referring to Nigerian men on Nairaland and the comments they make towards Nigerian women. I don't know where the white women thingy came into the picture. But you're right, these generalizations are mostly seen on Nairaland.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by LordReed(m): 10:41pm On Dec 26, 2009
chiogo:

Lord_Reed, the author of this thread is referring to Nigerian men on Nairaland and the comments they make towards Nigerian women. I don't know where the white women thingy came into the picture. But you're right, these generalizations are mostly seen on Nairaland.

I know dat but the fact is this means that if the Naija man 'hates' the Naija woman then he will go for a 'white' woman not so? This theme is so recurrent in many of these 'hate' threads thats why I made that generalisation. Meanwhile my own experience is to the contrary. In fact alot of people around me extol the qualities of the 'black' woman so I find it disturbing that here on NL it is different.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by chiogo(f): 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2009
Lord_Reed:

I know dat but the fact is this means that if the Naija man 'hates' the Naija woman then he will go for a 'white' woman not so? This theme is so recurrent in many of this 'hate' threads thats why I made that generalisation. Meanwhile my own experience is to the contrary. In fact alot of people around my extol the qualities of the 'black' woman so I find it disturbing that here on NL it is different.
Not really. Unless you believe that if you aren't white then you're Black. There are other races, y'know. Heck, these Nigerian men who supposedly hate Nigerian women may even fancy other women from Africa, maybe East Africa, horn of Africa - Ethiopia, Somalia, etc. There have been threads by NIGERIAN MEN saying that these women from this part of Africa are the most beautiful. It's not really a white woman thing.

I personally don't think it's worth it, prefer what you wish to but don't denigrate others while doing so. Besides like my first post said, "it's just Nairaland", who cares? grin
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by H2O2: 10:49pm On Dec 26, 2009
Lord_Reed:

U know I could start trading insults with u but am going to keep my kool n respond to u. U say am dyslexic and can't read but did u even read my post?

Anyway to answer your questions. The generalisation is obvious all over this romance section and as a case in point this very thread. The OP says we are all ugly both female and male. Implying that the 9ja female is undesirable and vice versa. Is this not 'hate'?

Several of the posters have made reference to other topics where this same issues keep popping up. Is this not sufficient to suggest a generalisation?

If u say I went of the board did u see where I brought forward my personal experience? How does that constitute 'a going off board'?
I understand you better now that you have made some clarifications, thank God.  You should have acknowledged your inference to those other threads to begin with, instead of leaving open an ambiguous window for the reader to connect the widely separated dots.  It was not that evident.  I agree about the excessive generalizations and bashings of sorts that colonize these boards.  

I don't post to involve myself in petty insults and barb-trading - okay, maybe I do once in a while.  I was only intersested in addressing the part of your post that dealt with white women, especially since it immediately followed my post.  You initially considered it a falsity when it fact it is true.    Since that is now corrected there's no need to lord over this any further.  My sincere apologies if you feel insulted.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by ravenzord(m): 10:51pm On Dec 26, 2009
@ Ibk: Actually I saw the Majid Michel name on d cast,still tryna figger out who he is;the fair long-nosed guy or the black pot-bellied guy. . .rooting 4 d fair guy sha,he's bin doin all d romancing,chick's name's Jackie Appiah,nice physique, a bit on d big side but that can be managed. And I'm a sucker 4 chicks named Ibukun who get their kicks outta dissing cocky fine boys.

@ H202: Hey,dat WTE movie's before Chi's tyme,s'been a yl since I saw it. . .shoob shoob shoobedoo.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by LordReed(m): 10:53pm On Dec 26, 2009
chiogo:

Not really. Unless you believe that if you aren't white then you're Black. There are other races, y'know. Heck, these Nigerian men who supposedly hate Nigerian women may even fancy other women from Africa, maybe East Africa, horn of Africa - Ethiopia, Somalia, etc. There have been threads by NIGERIAN MEN saying that these women from this part of Africa are the most beautiful. It's not really a white woman thing.

I personally don't think it's worth it, prefer what you wish to but don't denigrate others while doing so. Besides like my first post said, "it's just Nairaland", who cares?  grin
H2O2:

I understand you better now that you have made some clarifications, thank God.  You should have acknowledged your inference to those other threads to begin with, instead of leaving open an ambiguous window for the reader to connect the widely separated dots.  It was not that evident.  I agree about the excessive generalizations and bashings of sorts that colonize these boards.  

I don't post to involve myself in petty insults and barb-trading - okay, maybe I do once in a while.  I was only intersested in addressing the part of your post that dealt with white women, especially since it immediately followed my post.  You initially considered it a falsity when it fact it is true.    Since that is now corrected there's no need to lord over this any further.  My sincere apologies if you feel insulted.

In my post I didnt denigrate anyone. FYI I put black and white in quotes becos I know dat these are mere labels dat are not extensive. If u don't want something u will want it's alternative. 'white' in this case will refer to foreign hence the quotation marks.

As u say it's just nairaland; my reality does not bear witness to a "Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly" scenario.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 26, 2009
@Raven

Oh really now.

P.s. my name isn't Ibukun, it's just some nickname H202 conjured up for me from somewhere, strange huh? cheesy
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by setivacell: 10:56pm On Dec 26, 2009
a man is a man and presents himself as is. Our naija women are beautiful. I just don't find them attractive compared to other women on the continent. They have fake hair and so on. so again, why are men wrong when they want the real mccoy of beauties instead of self made imposters.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by chiogo(f): 10:58pm On Dec 26, 2009
Lord_Reed:

In my post I didnt denigrate anyone. FYI I put black and white in quotes becos I know dat these are mere labels dat are not extensive. If u don't want something u will want it's alternative. 'white' in this case will refer to foreign hence the quotation marks.

As u say it's just nairaland; my reality does not bear witness to a "Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly" scenario.
I wasn't referring to you in the denigration I mentioned. Just denigrations I see in comments made by some Nigerian men on Nairaland.
I agree with you on the 'white' thing, makes more sense now.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by setivacell: 10:59pm On Dec 26, 2009
check it out ladies and gents. our girls are beautiful in some kind of way, theyre just not all that attractive
exotic chix v naija chix naira land
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by setivacell: 11:00pm On Dec 26, 2009
margarine or butter brothers you choose
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by chiogo(f): 11:03pm On Dec 26, 2009
^Mr. man, go back to your thread and don't start your nonsense here.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by LordReed(m): 11:03pm On Dec 26, 2009
We live n learn bro.
Re: If Majority Of 9ja Women R Considered Ugly, Then Majority Of 9ja Men R Also Ugly by H2O2: 11:07pm On Dec 26, 2009
Lord_Reed:

Besides I did not contradict myself. I said 'almost all' (implying a good numba of) which is very different from all (implying a totality). So please do your 'comprehension' before replying.

Lord_Reed, I don't feel the need to stress or fuel the disparity in your post any further than it already is.

It was you who wrote, "Sometimes it seems to me that this so called discrimination occurs only on Nairaland's pages cos I as a Nigerian WILL NOT marry a 'white' woman I don't even consider them as attractive as 'black' women."

You cited yourself as reason why you think the discrimination only occurs only as a cyber-realism on nairaland, before later citing your friends.  And quite frankly that's not ample reason to believe it does not exist.  As they say, evidence of absence is not absence of evidence.  The fact that you even noted the exceptions amongst your friends is sufficient reason for you to debunk that myth, to know that "seeming" one way is entirely different from "being" one way.  I'm sure you've read countless stories about them on NL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Girls! Food Is Done, Cum And Pick Yours / The "Love Letter" I Found Inside My Student's Note / Those Who Asked For My Picture On The"why Do Girls Keep Running Away From.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.