Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) - Properties (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) (111595 Views)

Expanded Polystyrene And Some Of Its Application / Expanded Poly-Styrene As Alternative Building Material (parapet, POP, Etc) / ALTERNATIVE BUILDING TECHNOLOGY (RED INTERLOCKING BRICKS) COMPARATIVE COST ANALY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 11:47am On Dec 10, 2020
eshilonkunadeoy:
I've sent you a mail sir @teewhy2, pls I need a reply asap. Thanks

done sir.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 11:28am On Dec 25, 2020
Even though 2020 has come with many unpleasant surprises (Covid-19, ENDSARS, e.tc) let's be thankful to GOD for his mercy endures forever over us. I wish happiness surrounds you and your family all around on this happy occasion. Merry Christmas ⛄
from Fruges Arena family to yours.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 10:44am On Dec 29, 2020
compliments of the season to everyone.
A lot of people do ask questions concerning changing a building already with an aluminium parapet to polystyrene parapet and we do tell them is possible.
I will be sharing some pictures of a recent conversion recently done for a client from this forum.

Picture 01 and 02 are the initial building wit the aluminium parapet covering.
Picture 03: The building with aluminum parapet removed from it. (Note: The removal was done by the client, we only advise the client's roofers( carpenter) on what to do and the distance that will be left for roof eaves
Picture 04: The building after the aluminium covering was removed.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 10:50am On Dec 29, 2020
Pictures of work in progress.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 10:52am On Dec 29, 2020
Other views of work in progress.

2 Likes

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2021
Happy New Year , wishing you all a fruitful year ahead.

Picture 01 : Before
Picture 02: After

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Heromaniaa: 10:56am On Jan 05, 2021
Bro after removing the zinc, did you cast the wall to hold the parapet, if not how did you attach it?
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by DankemzI(m): 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2021
Heromaniaa:
Bro after removing the zinc, did you cast the wall to hold the parapet, if not how did you attach it?
Very technical question, I think it was nailed & binded to the rafters/roof supporting structures. That's just my opinion,... I'll join in waiting for the OP's conscise answer grin
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Heromaniaa: 5:25pm On Jan 06, 2021
Teewhy2:
Happy New Year , wishing you all a fruitful year ahead.

Picture 01 : Before
Picture 02: After
Oga kindly attend to my question. My building is getting to the roofing stage.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 6:08pm On Jan 06, 2021
Heromaniaa:

Sorry sir, just seeing this.
The clients carpenter removed the roof eaves for us and we used binding wire and poly plaster at intervals (polystyrene adhesive) at the back to glue it to the wall. Nails are also used to support it.
If you have not done the roof it is better done and easier than if you have done the roof.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2021
DankemzI:

Very technical question, I think it was nailed & binded to the rafters/roof supporting structures. That's just my opinion,... I'll join in waiting for the OP's conscise answer grin

Thanks sir,
You are very correct, then with support of poly plaster (polystyrene adhesive) it makes it to stay well on the wall.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Heromaniaa: 7:04pm On Jan 06, 2021
Teewhy2:

Sorry sir, just seeing this.
The clients carpenter removed the roof eaves for us and we used binding wire and poly plaster at intervals (polystyrene adhesive) at the back to glue it to the wall. Nails are also used to support it.
If you have not done the roof it is better done and easier than if you have done the roof.
can I have your whatsapp number?
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2021
Heromaniaa:
can I have your whatsapp number?

Sir, kindly send a mail to frugesarenaltd@gmail.com, then from there we can speak on other means of communication.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Heromaniaa: 8:53pm On Jan 06, 2021
Teewhy2:

Sir, kindly send a mail to frugesarenaltd@gmail.com, then from there we can speak on other means of communication.
I sent you a message. I already have your number.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by n3xt(m): 9:19pm On Jan 06, 2021
Teewhy2:
compliments of the season to everyone.
A lot of people do ask questions concerning changing a building already with an aluminium parapet to polystyrene parapet and we do tell them is possible.
I will be sharing some pictures of a recent conversion recently done for a client from this forum.

Picture 01 and 02 are the initial building wit the aluminium parapet covering.
Picture 03: The building with aluminum parapet removed from it. (Note: The removal was done by the client, we only advise the client's roofers( carpenter) on what to do and the distance that will be left for roof eaves
Picture 04: The building after the aluminium covering was removed.

Good job! Can you share this on kobocity.com? We have a good number of self builders who might be interested in your product/service.

Regards!
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2021
n3xt:

Good job! Can you share this on kobocity.com? We have a good number of self builders who might be interested in your product/service.

Regards!

Thanks sir,
Noted will try sharing the information on it.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by DankemzI(m): 12:01pm On Jan 07, 2021
Teewhy2:

Thanks sir,
Noted will try sharing the information on it.
I've sent you a mail 2 days ago, if you don't have access to your email drop your phone number here for easy communication
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 3:46pm On Jan 07, 2021
DankemzI:

I've sent you a mail 2 days ago, if you don't have access to your email drop your phone number here for easy communication

sorry sir,
sometimes there are mix up in the mail, but I believe your mail has been attended to now.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by dannydevito(m): 12:38am On Jan 13, 2021
Ayiba0911:

I need your contact please. Mine is 08154091767

Apologies for this seems belated, sent you an sms
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 11:47am On Jan 27, 2021
Engr Dannydevito ,
Thanks for allowing us be part of your project in umuahia last year and also sorry for the initial inconvenience again, we would like to show some of the pictures on this thread.

Picture 01-03 are pictures are picture of building before commencement of work on site.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 11:50am On Jan 27, 2021
Polystyrene parapet size: 350 mm by 300 mm

Picture 01-03 : polystyrene panels work in progress
Picture 04 : Closer look at some of the angles { Installation details}

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2021
Picture 01 & 02: Installation Details

Picture 03 & 04 : Treatment of polystyrene parapet joints.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by mufutau55(m): 5:43pm On Jan 27, 2021
Teewhy2:
Picture 01 & 02: Installation Details

Picture 03 & 04 : Treatment of polystyrene parapet joints.

So will this polystyrene parapets still need to be plastered? Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 7:30pm On Jan 27, 2021
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Sir,
It won't be plastered, the joints are covered with poly plaster and also any part that might have scratches.

It can be screeded though if you are screeding the whole building or you want it to me much more smooth than how it comes.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 7:31pm On Jan 27, 2021
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Sir,
It won't be plastered, the joints are covered with poly plaster and also any part that might have scratches.

It can be screeded though if you are screeding the whole building or you want it to me much more smooth than how it comes. Just like screeding other walls that have been plastered before.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by mufutau55(m): 11:18pm On Jan 27, 2021
Teewhy2:

Sir,

It can be screeded though if you are screeding the whole building or you want it to me much more smooth than how it comes. Just like screeding other walls that have been plastered before.

Excellent. Thank you very much Sir.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 5:17pm On Feb 02, 2021
We are thankful for always requesting our services we wouldn’t be here without patriotic customers like you.
You could have preferred any other vendor, but we appreciate that you have chosen us.
Thank you so much and have a beautiful new month
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 5:19pm On Feb 02, 2021
Picture 01 & 02
closer look at some of the joints.

Picture 03 & 04
View of building after installation.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 2:51pm On Feb 05, 2021
Look of building after completion.

Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Teewhy2: 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2021
Need more of polystyrene information, we are just a mail from you.
Re: Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) by Omololaflorence: 9:53pm On Feb 11, 2021
Hi, Please I need BEANBAG beads, I have sent a email also.Kindly Respond ASAP

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply)

Kitchen cabinets, Wardrobes & Doors @ Touchstone Design Solutions / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.