Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? (37829 Views)

3 Honest Reasons Why Women CHEAT Even On Guys They Love / Girls Take On Guys That Masturbate / Ladies On Twitter Reveal The Pickup Lines They Use On Guys (images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 17, 2017
komekn:

Across the EEC and most countries smoking is illegal in public spaces, that is not opinion but substantiated fact.

What is the explanation that under pins the legislation it is not opinion. But public health, well being and safety.

But then you might not be able to understand these approaches. Seeing that your parochial thinking makes you deduce that opposition to smoking is Village mentality.

I didn't say opposition to smoking is village mentality. I said, coming to an unfounded, bad conclusion about someone's character on the basis that they smoke, is a mentality of a village ignoramus. I'm sticking to it! How many times are we told not to judge a book by its cover? There are even variations of it like, not all that glitters is gold. Which is to say, look deeper before making surface judgments on people or things. Smoking may be prohibited in public places to avoid "cross-contamination" but that is not to say people shouldn't smoke in designated areas if they want to. It is a matter of choice after all. Like it is your choice to stay the hell away from smokers instead of bitching & moaning about it as if they don't know the health risks involved. They smoke regardless because they don't care about your crummy opinion & also because it's a freedom of choice being exercised. We all have the right to do whatever the hell we want, just as long as it is within the confines of the law. So STFU about it already & make better, healthier choices in your own life where you're the bawse.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by mizzyboy007: 10:57am On Apr 17, 2017
ZarZar:
I don't care if they smoke, I care what they smoke. I see nothing irresponsible about a guy that smokes cigarettes. In fact, all my exes smoked. Drugs however, that's where I draw the line because some of the behaviour that comes with it, is irresponsible & just plain irrational.

If you don't like the habit, fine, that's your own conviction. But I think it's narrow minded to reach a verdict about someone's personality based on something as average as smoking, long before you get to know to them on a much deeper level. That to me is village mentality.
U see nothing wrong about a guy that smoke cigarettes? you be mumu oh!! abeg someone should pass me some ganja! fvck cigarettes... Legalize weed.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Cecero(m): 10:57am On Apr 17, 2017
dabraska:

Very good write up bro but I think there's a mix up here. In your posts, responsibility is equated to hard work and sin. A smoker can be the most hardworking person on the planet, but it doesnt make him responsible as far as lifestyle is concerned.

Responsibility is setting a good example for others. The ability to know that you are leaving a footprint that others can follow. In your GMD's case, this is very worse and worrisome as other people will think it's alright to smoke and excel. Not understanding that people's body systems are different. Someone who wants to be like your GMD can take up smoking and his body may not be able to withstand the issues that come with it. Complications can start very early in his life.

What is bad is bad.

I don't think I have equated anything here. Perhaps you're the one trying so hard to do the equation. All what I'm seeing here amounts to nothing but mundane grapevine. Nobody has come up with any statistics​ to substantiate that smokers are irresponsible. I have only tried to draw up a sample of persons who have distinguished themselves even though they're smokers.
Just as I mentioned that there is no correlation between being a smoker and being irresponsible, there is also no correlation between being hard working and being a smoker.
Anybody who takes to smoking just because a GMD is a smoker and he excelled is nothing but a narrow minded simpleton. I only used it as an instance to show that there is no causality between the two variables mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by DWJOBScom(m): 10:59am On Apr 17, 2017
fabiano09:

Am not pained,on the contrary am happy,cuz u realise the error of your ways,just as you judge the smokers,dts how pple ignorantly judge girls with piercings, that's the fallacy of our Nigerian ways,exactly why we are so morally bankrupt and corrupt,we judge pple based on appearance or what they do or don't do,Barack Obama smoked both weed and cigarettes for a long time,he only quit cigarettes last year,are you better than him?? Or our politicians who drink and smoke in hiding? I don't wana rant,sorry of you feel insulted.

Oh he did quit!
I wonder the conviction that made him
You made it sound noble

Smoking anything ain't good mate

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Lordkylie(f): 11:00am On Apr 17, 2017
fabiano09:

Am not pained,on the contrary am happy,cuz u realise the error of your ways,just as you judge the smokers,dts how pple ignorantly judge girls with piercings, that's the fallacy of our Nigerian ways,exactly why we are so morally bankrupt and corrupt,we judge pple based on appearance or what they do or don't do,Barack Obama smoked both weed and cigarettes for a long time,he only quit cigarettes last year,are you better than him?? Or our politicians who drink and smoke in hiding? I don't wana rant,sorry of you feel insulted.
my opinion remains the same ,smokers to me are mostly irresponsible not all tho. I don't feel insulted by your opinion on my piercings.Besides smoking is not just an appearance it's a habit that I CAN'T stand or tolerate.I don't care if you're Obama or a top executive, my definition of responsibility is different from yours and smoking is a no no.I can't effectively compare my self to Obama cause he's like two or three times my age.Lastly, you might exalt(lack of a better word) him as better than others because he was America's president another person might not( I don't for example).Smoking whether in public or inside the corner of your closet is not my thing just like piercings are not your thing. dazall
Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 17, 2017
schumastic:

we are both matured so lets learn from each other.

marijuana obviously is what am talking about, if you read my comment you will see where i made mention of abusing it.

for instance, am not the everyday drinker but i drink only on occasions or when my friends are around

over the weekend i went for a wedding, i swear the drinks there could be likened to the time Christ turned water to wine, there was this man on my table who kept ordering drinks for me n him, after I reached my limit i still went ahead n took two more cus of the man n i didn't want to feel weak but i tell u, it was crazy a hell for me whn i got home..

i ended up throwing up, n missed a very important appointment that day, same goes to smokers who abuse it, sometimes it won't be your making but the pressure from friends n yiu go beyond your limit and start being violent till the effect subsides. that's the negative effect of drugs, alcohol and smokes which makes all irresponsible including me.

OK
Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Bollinger(m): 11:01am On Apr 17, 2017
hibiscus76:
of course the post is gonna vex the smokers reading itz buh I really don't care and I'm so unapologetic about it

What i find funny is the hypocritical moral stance of Nigerians on any issue. These are the same species who dress as if they want to sell their bodies to the highest bidder and are now here claiming the moral high ground. You people are just astounding. Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by alizma: 11:02am On Apr 17, 2017
xqzytchyca:

people that I know that smoke do not hide while smoking
how would you feel if your fiance followed you to your house to see your parents and after introducing and exchange of greetings between the two parties, he relax on the sit, bring out his matches and light up a stick of cigarette?
Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Francolad(m): 11:04am On Apr 17, 2017
y'all screaming at each other cos of smokers...well, I don't care what anybody say, I'm a smoker and I can't ever pretend not to be. Talking about cigar, cigarettes, kush...(...Arizona, loud)...I've smoked and I'd still keep smoking it cos it's none of your business. you don't paint everybody black based on what you feel. everybody has a reason for smoking. yeah, you'll always get addicted only if u want to be. and we smokers smoke for a reason. so, don't think we smokers are irresponsible cos your uncle who smoke N70 weed misbehave, that's none of my business. you can't know how we live if u don't see how we live.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 17, 2017
DWJOBScom:

Oh he did quit!
I wonder the conviction that made him
You made it sound noble

Smoking anything ain't good mate
but our forefathers smoked,or you think pple just started smoking yesterday,it is chemicals that is killing us,go to India and see old women smoking real tobacco,not chemically processed,the white man that outlawed ganja has all but reversed it yle we Africans who revel in servitude still follow blindly. FYI I don't support smoking anything that has passed through a chemical process.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 17, 2017
Crixina:
sometimes people just read out your mind like there are psychics...

The only part I can be a bit worried is his health, but irresponsibility...who says that...if Op found out Bill Gates, Zuckerberg smoked...will they also count as being irresponsible?

I'm telling you. But at the end of the day, it's all a matter of opinion. Nobody is wrong or right. Just choose whatever works for you & most importantly, shut up! The annoying part is when people start getting all preachy & rubbish. Who died & made them king of the world? LOL!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 17, 2017
mizzyboy007:
U see nothing wrong about a guy that smoke cigarettes? you be mumu oh!! abeg someone should pass me some ganja! fvck cigarettes... Legalize weed.

Whatevers!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Lordkylie(f): 11:07am On Apr 17, 2017
dingbang:
ok.. Do I smoke? Miss psychic
clairvoyant. I was actually referring to physical meeting. Social media provides a covering for the truth,false appearances everywhere, don't do online dating.I don't think you're much of a smoker tho prolly just sympathetic towards the cause of smoking.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 17, 2017
Bollinger:

What i find funny is the hypocritical moral stance of Nigerians on any issue. These are the same species who dress as if they want to sell their bodies to the highest bidder and are now here claiming the moral high ground. You people are just astounding. Smh.
I just tire...nonsense double standards everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Crixina(f): 11:08am On Apr 17, 2017
grin grin@ king of the world part
ZarZar:

I'm telling you. But at the end of the day, it's all a matter of opinion. Nobody is wrong or right. Just choose whatever works for you & most importantly, shut up! The annoying part is when people start getting all preachy & rubbish. Who died & made them king of the world? LOL!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by DWJOBScom(m): 11:09am On Apr 17, 2017
fabiano09:

but our forefathers smoked,or you think pple just started smoking yesterday,it is chemicals that is killing us,go to India and see old women smoking real tobacco,not chemically processed,the white man that outlawed ganja has all but reversed it yle we Africans who revel in servitude still follow blindly. FYI I don't support smoking anything that has passed through a chemical process.

You are an intelligent fellow and I will beg you research abit over this claims .
Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 17, 2017
Macgabe:
Even the producers said that "smokers are liable to die young"! Then it only portrays the fact that smoking isn't good for our health. Then I wondered why we should keep taking what will only cause harm to us instead of good.
thats for cigs.. Marijuana is safe and doesn't kill.. And should be legal not cigarette
Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 17, 2017
DWJOBScom:

No wonder most of his ideas were full of controversies and his party lost the election that would've been theirs.

Kindly check your company of smokers, what and what you do and attribute productivity to it
you see,what u just wrote is the biggest problem of Africans,that is why we have remained backward,that is why corruption has eaten deep into the fibre of our being,we are saying something else and you are attacking his policies just cux u found out he's a smoker,but before u were so sure that no responsible person in history smokes,news flash many american former presidents smoked,even bill Clinton,he smoked weed too.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by dabraska: 11:10am On Apr 17, 2017
Cecero:

I don't think I have equated anything here. Perhaps you're the one trying so hard to do the equation. All what I'm seeing here amounts to nothing but mundane grapevine. Nobody has come up with any statistics​ to substantiate that smokers are irresponsible. I have only tried to draw up a sample of persons who have distinguished themselves even though they're smokers.
Just as I mentioned that there is no correlation between being a smoker and being irresponsible, there is also no correlation between being hard working and being a smoker.
Anybody who takes to smoking just because a GMD is a smoker and he excelled is nothing but a narrow minded simpleton. I only used it as an instance to show that there is no causality between the two variables mentioned.

I believe that there is a subtle correlation between smoking and being responsible. Because, someone who sees a worthy mentor smoke will also smoke - or want to smoke. Most people didn't start smoking buy just wishing it or hearing about it unlike drinking. They saw someone close doing it and it looked good on them. Hence, their involvement.

Also lifestyle responsibility should involve setting a right example. Obama stopped smoking after a long battle because he wants to be able to tell his daughters that he does not smoke (Google it yourself). That's responsibility. He may be the president, but knew that he wasn't a responsible father to his daughters if he continued smoking.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by jonath0012(m): 11:11am On Apr 17, 2017
emperormossad:

Just as he is protecting your own who is...*looks at wall clock*...doing a damn good job @ blowing uncle femi this very minute.

Guy, go get a life and stop ass licking. Ass licking will not get you that pussy, it will only make you lose your self esteem as a man. get a life and be a man
Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 17, 2017
Smoke if you want, I can only hope you give it up someday. Don't just lie to me about your smoking habit.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by DWJOBScom(m): 11:11am On Apr 17, 2017
arleck:
Idiot after that nkor?? who's not goin 2 die ?? mumu girl
Chai! You really need to stop smoking weedto or percieve cigarette smoke I mean look at your reply
Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by bukitt: 11:12am On Apr 17, 2017
Davash222:

Where mgbeke like you dey form slay queen.

grin
Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 17, 2017
DWJOBScom:

You are an intelligent fellow and I will beg you research abit over this claims .
brother google is your friend,even south Africa has begun decriminalizing weed,u can smoke in your own home,plz listen to news,Argentina completely legal,USA d mother of drug laws same thing,what d hell are u telling me then?
Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Krisddon: 11:13am On Apr 17, 2017
Davash222:
Now you know..
No wonder that overfed looking guy called Kim Jong Un threatens to nuke US each time he finishes smoking. Pls can someone tell him to reduce it? He takes it excessively.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by jonath0012(m): 11:14am On Apr 17, 2017
ZarZar:

I didn't say opposition to smoking is village mentality. I said, coming to an unfounded, bad conclusion about someone's character on the basis that they smoke, is a mentality of a village ignoramus. I'm sticking to it! How many times are we told not to judge a book by its cover? There are even variations of it like, not all that glitters is gold. Which is to say, look deeper before making surface judgments on people. Smoking may be prohibited in public places to avoid "cross-contamination" but that is not to say people shouldn't smoke in designated areas if they want to. It is a matter of choice after all. Like it is your choice to stay the hell away from smokers instead of bitching & moaning about it as if they don't know the health risks involved. They smoke regardless because they don't care about your crummy opinion & also because it's a freedom of choice being exercised. We all have the right to do whatever the hell we want, just as long as it is within the confines of the law. So STFU about it already & make better, healthier choices in your own life where you're the bawse.

Madam, keep your mouth shut there. what is bad is bad! Period!
Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by schumastic(m): 11:15am On Apr 17, 2017
Princess4ng:

Toh... I have learned.... But mehn.. The smell with cigarettes r bad...
i guess we both are on opposite side of the pitch and marijuana is worse lol
Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Princess4ng(f): 11:16am On Apr 17, 2017
schumastic:

i guess we both are on opposite side of the pitch lol

Lol.. But u might be right tho.. Maybe I just hate Cigarettes
Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Missmossy(f): 11:17am On Apr 17, 2017
By their comments you shall know them undecided anyways you only live once.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 17, 2017
DWJOBScom:

I beg to disagree
Show me a responsible smoker in history

*feel free to patronize google
Oprah Winfrey, Barrack Obama...The list is endless. Stop sounding ignorant
Re: Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys That Smoke? by DWJOBScom(m): 11:18am On Apr 17, 2017
fabiano09:

you see,what u just wrote is the biggest problem of Africans,that is why we have remained backward,that is why corruption has eaten deep into the fibre of our being,we are saying something else and you are attacking his policies just cux u found out he's a smoker,but before u were so sure that no responsible person in history smokes,news flash many american former presidents smoked,even bill Clinton,he smoked weed too.

I didn't see these
A little more of Google and please check the reference of each material you open will help too. Obama did quit smoking because he wanted to be a better dad to his daughter. Naaa leave Africa alone as its discovering itself and will get there my friend. Google materials and Do read them for real

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

One Thing You Can't Tolerate In A Relationship / I Just Discovered My Husband Has Been Cheating Since We Got Married / Man Finds Out The 'Uncle' Who Stood As His Wife's Dad Was Her Sugar Daddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.