Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? (42194 Views)

Nigerian Lady Called Out For Not Being Married At 33 Replies Her Critics - Photo / Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person / I Hate Men! Says This Lady Who Got Married At 19 (watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by goingape1: 11:34pm On Aug 08, 2017
Mbkite:
I sincerely need to know our views about getting married at the age of 35 for men. Is it late to marry at 35?
for men marrying has no age limits except in the case of women!

the thing is how well and ready you are to get marry and whom you want to share the rest of your life with!

this days apes are flooding everywhere just to dump there problem on you the day you get married to them. finding the right woman is one of the major problem men of that age range are facing rather!

but to my own ideology (thewiseape) I advise you stop thinking of getting marry but focus your attention on what truly will make you happy.

women can't make you happy but rather miserable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by aviationguy: 11:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
is better to marry late than divorce,but that does not justify late marriage.
God plans for us is quite differs so if you are opptuned to married early is GOd wish. age is nothing but a beginning to a greater heights in life. whatsapp me if you need more advice 08032387510.
Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by iRepNaija1: 11:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
Mbkite:
I sincerely need to know our views about getting married at the age of 35 for men. Is it late to marry at 35?

OP, it's never too late to marry, if that's what you really want. Please don't let pressure from other people sway you or influence you. You have only one life to live and when you do decide to marry, you'll be entering into the marriage, not others. Always do what's best for you. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by godchildjayboy(m): 11:44pm On Aug 08, 2017
No Time is Late in life when all Hope is not lost!!!
Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by Lanretoye(m): 11:45pm On Aug 08, 2017
the third page is too late for me to comment so the earlier the better.

2 Likes

Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by BrotherBlood1: 11:54pm On Aug 08, 2017
Why do Nigerians think that a woman who can not get pregnant or is barren is less of a woman/is not a mother?
Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by Oduok(m): 12:01am On Aug 09, 2017
Look around you. A very great percentage of Nigerian men marry as a result of poverty. Since they hardly achieve anything they marry on credit and later flaunt the kids as a status of achievement. Later they wait to reap the fruit of their labour from the kids that struggle to meet daily needs. Poverty is the factor that increases the rate of marriages and child birth in Nigeria. When you are busy, engaging your mind in gainful activities you would not have time to count your mariageable age. You would get married when you feel like or want to.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by greggng: 12:04am On Aug 09, 2017
Yes if you are financially independent

1 Like

Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by Jansat: 12:05am On Aug 09, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]when you are ready
Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by tamquezee(m): 12:10am On Aug 09, 2017
Not at all. In fact the best age brackect
Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by Abagworo(m): 12:11am On Aug 09, 2017
By Nigerian standard it is old. Once a man is 30 his mother will cry every time he visits home without the expected news. For women it is 25.

2 Likes

Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by Abagworo(m): 12:14am On Aug 09, 2017
Oduok:
Look around you. A very great percentage of Nigerian men marry as a result of poverty. Since they hardly achieve anything they marry on credit and later flaunt the kids as a status of acievement. Later they wait to reap the fruit of their labour from the kids that struggle to meet daily needs. Poverty is the factor that increases the rate of marriages and child birth in Nigeria. When you are busy, engaging your mind in gainly activities you would not have time to count your mariageable age. You would get married when you feel like or want to.

Early marriage is our culture and that is why it's difficult to find a 25 year old single man in the villages. City dwellers are the ones that get well into their 30s still single.

2 Likes

Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by planetx: 12:16am On Aug 09, 2017
To all those saying someone should marry early in order not to raise young children at an older age what if you marry early and you can't have children for like 10 to 20 years of marriage. Marriage and having children is too overrated in this part of the world and most of the children being born into abject poverty.

2 Likes

Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by AreaFada2: 12:22am On Aug 09, 2017
chikk:

wehdone sir... because you are God that gives kids abi? Thank God you said"if things go well in life", which means you understand that a whole lot of ting are beyond your control. Then what makes you so sure that kids will come when you want them?
Maybe be my line of education/job enables me to know the probability of a couple having a kid if they do the normal man-woman thing like the average couple.

We Africans cannot for once leave God out of things & take responsibility. God is not the one physically manning hospital labour wards, A & E units, operating theatres, fertility clinics, etc. In the West that I know of, many of the experts are atheists and they do a jolly good job. If you're religious, it is your private thing.

Did you not come when your parents wanted you? And your siblings? What is the percentage of people who cannot have a child?
We generally talk about the usual cases, not the exception.

If we go by your logic, then no need to go to school, work, save money or plan for the future. After all a man died in a car accident in Onitsha yesterday. So fear of death should prevent us from doing anything. shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by Evaromantik(m): 12:28am On Aug 09, 2017
Do you know you can now buy cheap cars as low as N50,000 from Google??

Check it out now......

https:///fi3fVT
Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by danieljr: 12:32am On Aug 09, 2017
grin; my dear marry when u re ready. No go marry and start begging ur church members and pastor for food and children fees.

2 Likes

Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by chikk(f): 12:47am On Aug 09, 2017
AreaFada2:

Maybe be my line of education/job enables me to know the probability of a couple having a kid if they do the normal man-woman thing like the average couple.

We Africans cannot for once leave God out of things & take responsibility. God is not the one physically manning hospital labour wards, A & E units, operating theatres, fertility clinics, etc. In the West that I know of, many of the experts are atheists and they do a jolly good job. If you're religious, it is your private thing.

Did you not come when your parents wanted you? And your siblings? What is the percentage of people who cannot have a child?
We generally talk about the usual cases, not the exception.

If we go by your logic, then no need to go to school, work, save money or plan for the future. After all a man died in a car accident in Onitsha yesterday. So fear of death should prevent us from doing anything. shocked shocked

If you like do 360 degrees acrobatics in bed with your wife, read up all medical books and abide by whatever practices they tell you to; If God does not give you children, you will not have them, period. Fear of death(or anything for that matter except God) should not prevent us from doing the right things, true. Marry at age 12 if you want to, but my point is, marrying early is not a guarantee that kids can come early. Man proposes, God disposes.

2 Likes

Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by 1234IKECHhukwu: 12:48am On Aug 09, 2017
EHIRIMCHA:
what's d point getting married at a tender age and u can't provide ur family basic social amenities,still cheat on ur wife jst cos u weren't prepared for d challenges of marriage,to me dats wickedness and even d bible doesn't support it.some will get married cos dey want to b addressed as a married man and still go around begging for wot to eat,I av a friend like dat.
my dear u have said it all, I thought I m the only one on the offensive, u can't believe what m about to tell u my friend paid me a visit & was wowed by the way my house was pimped with the likes of LCD tv,deep freezer,washing machine & the rest.As we were discussing the next day he actually told me that if he had a quarter of what I had that he would have been married by now,(mind u m still single) I was like me that is actually feeling like a failure b/cos I haven't built my own personal house,the point is that some guys just want to get married without putting this basic amenities into place thinking is just for fancy.without knowing that is the hallmark of an achiever.

3 Likes

Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by AreaFada2: 12:58am On Aug 09, 2017
chikk:

If you like do 360 degrees acrobatics in bed with your wife, read up all medical books and abide by whatever practices they tell you to; If God does not give you children, you will not have them, period. Fear of death(or anything for that matter except God) should not prevent us from doing the right things, true. Marry at age 12 if you want to, but my point is, marrying early is not a guarantee that kids can come early. Man proposes, God disposes.
My point is you cannot force your religious views on others. That is what Boko Haram is doing in a different way. Others maybe Buddhists, Hare Krishna or whatever.

In the same way, our leaders embezzling our money should not create poverty, deaths from poor facilities in hospitals, poor education from poor schools, premature deaths from bad roads, poorly maintained cars, over-speeding drivers, etc. God can change all these obvious human failures to have no effect at all. grin grin
But we all know that countries where people use their brains to solve their problems, things work far better.

Lady, I admire your being a pastor. But what has failed us is failure to utilise the brain/intelligence that we have.

If 100 people marry at 25, over 90 will have a kid by age 27 if they want to. Whether it is God, lucifer, amadioha or sango who did it is not the point.

1 Like

Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by Irritant: 1:00am On Aug 09, 2017
LePrezident:

And since when was marriage and/or childbirth a competition or achievement?

Bros help me ask am o... Na this kind of people dey born children inside poverty.. And kids future be looking like DAT of Evans.. Then they will start blaming bad government grin
Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by Nobody: 1:39am On Aug 09, 2017
Yes its late, your mate's children by then should be 5 years old or even 6.

Story
Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by Mrcalxy(m): 1:40am On Aug 09, 2017

�That's a lame explanation
Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by Juliearth(f): 1:48am On Aug 09, 2017
Mbkite:

35 isnt bad. Besides,age is just a number. One should not jump into marriage because time is running out.

1 Like

Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by chikk(f): 1:58am On Aug 09, 2017
Irritant:

Bros help me ask am o... Na this kind of people dey born children inside poverty.. And kids future be looking like DAT of Evans.. Then they will start blaming bad government grin

...and "innocent" village witches grin

1 Like

Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by gift4nature(f): 2:13am On Aug 09, 2017
35 is too early he should wait till he's 55 or better still 60 that's the perfect age
Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by udeh3(m): 2:55am On Aug 09, 2017

You don't marry because you want to have children. One can marry 5yrs ago without any child and another marries this month and wife conceives that same month.

Anyways ask God for His perfect will to be done
Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by Respecter(f): 4:04am On Aug 09, 2017
JONNYSPUTE:
Marriage is never a competition Nd besides who told u that if u marry early let's say 25 or 30 that its a guarantee that u will ve babies so early? I know of a guy that got married earlier than his elder brother because he said he wants his kids to be all grown by the time he gets to 50, he is about 48 now no issue. The elder bros that married 4yrs after,is now 52 with grown boys Nd girls. Also even if u starts having issue immediately,is it a guarantee that they will grow to become successful people in life? Just pray to ur God to always lead u in everything u do,so pls don't try to compete with anybody in life especially in marriage.Also marrying at 35 should not be ur worry,u should ask urself if u re ready,mentally,emotionally spiritual Nd even financially.
This is so correct and a good advice.
Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by DonroxyII: 4:15am On Aug 09, 2017
habayinc:
yes it is ... marry early and grow with your children ..marrying at 35 is just nonsense looking at this generation life span
You marry at 35 yrs .yiur first child will be 20yrs when you are 56 years old and you want to eat the fruit of your Labour...its only water yu will drink o
African Barbaric Mentality !!!
Fruit of your labour in 21st century , 2017 .....

Hmmm.... Gawd !!!

So Marrying early connotes you will eat fruit of your labour ...

OK....

My Father gave birth to me at 27 and he died at 46 Fruit of Labour ..... and do you know how many early parents that has lost their children and how many early children that has lost their parents ......

Life is a game of chance (probability) .... We should just keep working harder , balling harder(no transgression) and praying to God for the best .........

We really need to change our perception about this World in this backward part of the earth ....

Don't let society force you to do things, Do it when u are ready to do it !!!

3 Likes

Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by Mercy99: 4:42am On Aug 09, 2017
No. I don't think so. Never is too late. Just get married when you feel ready for a marriage.
Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by dabeto: 4:42am On Aug 09, 2017
From age 25 and above, marriage becomes readiness-bound not time-bound.......
Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by kilokeys(m): 4:54am On Aug 09, 2017
A good man leaves an inheritance for his kids..

Marry when you have embarked on your self-actualization journey...

Bill gates do not need his kids money or fear they might suffer if and when he dies...

Guys, be stay fit ( started my journey)... So u can outlive the average pple

It's really about what u want.

3 Likes

Re: Is Getting Married At 35 Late For Men? by sweatlana: 4:59am On Aug 09, 2017
lodphil:
I will not reason marriage till am 35 no matter how rich I may be.
Marry as down as u can afford to provide for a young family. If not...

Your regret will not have part two

Men who wait untill rich to marry usually have the worst type of marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Proof:men Are Very Decent(see Pic) / When Your Fiance Says "Get Pregnant Or Forget About Wedding" / Man Finds Out His Girlfriend Got Married After They Quarreled For Two Weeks!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.