Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] (112047 Views)

UNN Medical School Thread / Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) / See UNN Cut Off Mark For 2017/2018 Session – Www.unn.edu.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by lustra89(m): 11:07pm On Apr 21, 2017
FavoredGuy:
Na for everybody to see wetin UNN students dey pass through. I know say in dey other schools but unn own na something else. Some lecturers for many department there dey happy say their students no graduate on time, imagine that. Students just dey there dey collect ranks like police officers. U will see ranks like one star (i.e 5/4 or 6/5)=one additional year, two stars (ASP confirmed)=6/4 or 7/5. DSP with 3stars=7/4 or 8/5 and so on. E no easy to enter that school and e no easy to come out. To enter, wahala, to comot wahala again.
Hahahhahahaha, u just made my day filled with laughter, na only those wey go na them Sabi, dey no dey tell man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by DrP2000(m): 11:10pm On Apr 21, 2017
Jman06:
You displayed total ignorance by posting the above comment. The standard of the MB exam is same for both medical and dental students. Besides, dental students still write a separate professional exam called second BDS aside the MBBS. Those guys do more the MBBS guys!

Bros, the standard are not the same , you can't compare both though dental is also hard but not as tough as medicine. During second MB exam, the cut off mark for dental are reduced below that of medicine but that of medicine is not reduced rather can even be upgraded if so many people passed ,.so as to reduce the quota or number of people going into the next class. Pls am.speaking in relation to UNN where I graduated from , don't know of other schools or college of medicine. But the funny aspect of all these exam is that if your father is a doctor and a lecturer in the college, it earns you outright pass with little input from you so there is no equity or fair judgement.

3 Likes

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Pro2makx(m): 11:15pm On Apr 21, 2017
Chai!! see wetin Buhari cause.
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by nwadiuko1(m): 11:15pm On Apr 21, 2017
oya all these doctors wey dey brag upandan......make una come write my ACCA exam mek i see weda e no hard una.........

na joke ohh
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Omonoba1: 11:19pm On Apr 21, 2017
DrP2000:

Bros, the standard are not the same , you can't compare both though dental is also hard but not as tough as medicine. During second MB exam, the cut off mark for dental are reduced below that of medicine but that of medicine is not reduced rather can even be upgraded if so many people passed ,.so as to reduce the quota or number of people going into the next class. Pls am.speaking in relation to UNN where I graduated from , don't know of other schools or college of medicine. But the funny aspect of all these exam is that if your father is a doctor and a lecturer in the college, it earns you outright pass with little input from you so there is no equity or fair judgement.
So you are saying the school of basic medical sciences would reduce the pass mark for Dentistry and leave that of medicine and only 10 will still pass?? Or you don't know the pics attached by the Op is the result of the dental students?? In all Medical Schools in Nigeria, the pass mark for the MBBS 11/BDS 1A is the same..Even upgrade of results is done across board... Secondly, that your father is a Doctor or even the Dean of Medicine/Dentistry self doesn't grant you outright pass in Med school though they can influence it a bit.

2 Likes

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by kenedy175(m): 11:20pm On Apr 21, 2017
Seen as the most difficult exam in medical school.. Are you kidding me? Where will you keep POP and CMS?? especially POP.
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by chelseaboi(m): 11:22pm On Apr 21, 2017
Wicked lecturers...I remb vividly then...the hod who decided to divide the med class into two for no just reason....he outrightly failed half of the medical students (3rd mbss)(Unn)...2014...2015...set.....

But Unn medical guys dey suffer ooo....once they paste 2nd mbss results...cee man dey cry ....cry dey full everywhere... One of ur roomies fit pass...the oda fit fail.. .

Then esut and IMT bois and Baes go dey troop in to check the results...

If u fail all 3....na to arrange u bags dat nite dey move d next day...
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by murphyibiam15(m): 11:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
Jman06:
I wld rather not disclose her name here for security reasons.
lol...u go fear security reasons....I finished from unn medical school that's why I asked.. enjoy

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:31pm On Apr 21, 2017
doctorgyna:
The result of the second MBBS professional exam of the University of Nigeria was pasted yesterday. Medical students take the exam, seen as the most difficult exam in the world, in their 3rd year.

Attached is the result for the Faculty of Dentistry students... 45 People took the examination, only 10 people had outright pass [passed the three]. For the medicine class, less than half of the class passed also.
shocked Same scenario with my school Unimaid
Dental Surgery only 4 out of 24 had outright pass(in all three courses...Anatomy, physiology, and medical Biochemistry). For medicine only 43 out of 114
This result shocked the whole college. I was both happy (cos I passed) and very sad cos some of my friends were affected when I saw the result. These lecturers have no chill at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Jman06(m): 11:33pm On Apr 21, 2017
DrP2000:

Bro, the pass mark for both medical and dental students is 50% in UNN and other schools. I am typing not based on hearsays but on what i know. Generally, pass mark for all medical and health science courses is 50%. I'm in Pharmacy school so I know what i am typing!

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by InvertedHammer: 11:34pm On Apr 21, 2017
doctorgyna:
The result of the second MBBS professional exam of the University of Nigeria was pasted yesterday. Medical students take the exam, seen as the most difficult exam in the world, in their 3rd year.

Attached is the result for the Faculty of Dentistry students... 45 People took the examination, only 10 people had outright pass [passed the three]. For the medicine class, less than half of the class passed also.
\
Even in a drunken stupor, I can give 20 exams more difficult than 2nd MBBS prof. exam.

Most difficult exam in the world indeed.

A mass failure like this is usually an indictment of the lecturers. Some of them could be narcissists.
/

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Shaadey: 11:34pm On Apr 21, 2017
ilevic:
How some lecturer feel when they see students fail
So true,it gladdens their heart
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by madgoat(m): 11:35pm On Apr 21, 2017
sgtponzihater:
Medicine is the only course I respect in this country. Then except maybe the course I studied also. The stupid dental students should not tell me they wrote the same exams because they surely reduce their cutoff mark, if not they can't even pass. Apart from that most other University students even first class are morons except my course which I would not mention so as not to boost the ego of some of my course mates who are also near morons. I respect u doctors die. Sorry for the failed out students, medicine is not for morons try microbiology or fishery or even pigery or maybe pharmacy or lab science.

Sgt Ponzi Hater 2017

Omo do you practice being daft or are you just a natural born daft person? grin

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by 1Rebel: 11:52pm On Apr 21, 2017
Omonoba1:
thats is their major problem.. Uniben learnt their lessons after the disaccreditation of medicine around 2010..now they are very cautious of the number of intakes.

I wish they would look into imo state uni teaching hospital. Useless place.
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by FUNNYBONE1(m): 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2017
some lecturers are just too wicked
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Gordieshegz(m): 11:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
sgtponzihater:

Rubbish big time. Pharmacology once u use a drug chart to know the drug class, they pharmacodynamics and kinetics and few side effects that's all, the only tough thing in pathology is anath path because of it useless jargons. Part one MBBS with gross anatomy remains the toughest and one with highest failure rate. That's why step 1 USMLE is the most important.

Sgt Ponzi Hater

like seriously?
sir,I doubt if you are a chief in any med school with this remark about pharmacology and pathology...
pharmacology
or if you are in med school, I presume you are still in your preclinicals..I used to feel this way before I got to my clinicals..

just combined pathology incourse and not the final exams,that features -microbiology and parasitology,morbid anatomy,chemical pathology(clinical biochemistry and hematology and immunology- will weigh out every exam done in part two and three put together..

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Omonoba1: 12:00am On Apr 22, 2017
Gordieshegz:

like seriously?
sir,I doubt if you are a chief in any med school with this remark about pharmacology and pathology...
pharmacology
or if you are in med school, I presume you are still in your preclinicals..I used to feel this way before I got to my clinicals..

just combined pathology incourse and not the final exams,that features -microbiology and parasitology,morbid anatomy,chemical pathology(clinical biochemistry and hematology and immunology- will weigh out every exam done in part two and three put together..
the Guy is no medical student.. Just an ignoramus forming ITK..
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by mandax: 12:02am On Apr 22, 2017
These UNN people sef, always like they have been.

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by taiwo3489(m): 12:03am On Apr 22, 2017
TO ALL THE FAILURES AT UNN MEDICAL SCHOOL, NO EXCUSE FOR FAILURE... THE SOONER YOU ACCEPT THE FACT, THE BETTER FOR YOU.

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by mandax: 12:07am On Apr 22, 2017
doctorgyna:

Lecturers also failed.

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Gordieshegz(m): 12:10am On Apr 22, 2017
Omonoba1:
The more you type on the forum, the more you expose your ignorance to the world..let me enlighten you that pathology and pharmacology are also part of USMLE step 1 and not just MBC, PHY and ANT like you are saying..

..goodnight!

chief,don't mind that guy jare..
anytime I remember how I felt those days when we consoled ourselves about clinicals being easy,I would just burst uncontrollably like I was on some dinitrogen(1) oxide..

many highly cerebral guys that spanked madly(as high as 90s) in preclinicals days keep getting 60s and early 70s in clinicals..

I doubt if that guy has rotated any clinical posting,that is if he is a medic self..
so he should take a chill and feed us back here in years to come
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by doctorgyna(m): 12:20am On Apr 22, 2017
Nawa ọ... Theres problem somewhere
Dbrainiac1:
shocked Same scenario with my school Unimaid
Dental Surgery only 4 out of 24 had outright pass(in all three courses...Anatomy, physiology, and medical Biochemistry). For medicine only 43 out of 114
This result shocked the whole college. I was both happy (cos I passed) and very sad cos some of my friends were affected when I saw the result. These lecturers have no chill at all.

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Gordieshegz(m): 12:20am On Apr 22, 2017
Omonoba1:

don't mind the guy..imagine the poo he had to write about pharmacology?
not more than pharmacokinetics and dynamics?I laugh sha..

pharmacology that will be giving results like products of 70s ribosomes-
mode will be ranging between 30 and 50..

infact,to master only the classification of antimicrobial agents alone is more tasky than reading the anatomy of the whole upper limbs?
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by majalisa(m): 12:20am On Apr 22, 2017
HIScraziness:
Anything related to biochemistry can be madly difficult to pass! Almost fainted when I was about to check my BCH 722 result Course wey I no suppose do at all
don't know why biochemistry courses are like that for mbbs students, then in ABU there was this lecturer in the biochemistry department called njokur. Took U02MD classes in preclinicals, this oga made the courses so difficult that boys created a rumour that he was withdrawn from one of the faculties in the Bermuda triangle hence his sadistic inclinations towards us
But truth is I hate bchm courses
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Gordieshegz(m): 12:20am On Apr 22, 2017
Omonoba1:

don't mind the guy..imagine the poo he had to write about pharmacology?
not more than pharmacokinetics and dynamics?I laugh sha..

pharmacology that will be giving results like products of 70s ribosomes-
mode will be ranging between 30 and 50..

infact,to master only the classification of antimicrobial agents alone is more tasky than reading the anatomy of the whole upper limbs..
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Iloveshoes: 12:21am On Apr 22, 2017
All this lecturers

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by lebienconnu: 12:49am On Apr 22, 2017
it wasn't only the students that failed, the lecturers failed too. The Deans are wicked to accept that type of result. Even it is not this bad in OAU.

I always tell medicine hopefuls to make wise choice in school selection. Choose a school with a higher pass rate in 2nd Mb. I can bet those guys are not average students. They are far above average to make it to part 3. But they went to the wrong school.

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by Pchizy: 1:00am On Apr 22, 2017
As a Super lion, UNN Biochemistry graduate.
Perhaps, that could be because of compendium of other courses.
Considering Bch, I know it's just the peripheral that they've encountered. Purely Medical Bch only and it's like this.
How much more to Medical Bch plus Nutritional Bch, Pharmacological Bch, Genetic Engineering, Food Bch, Bioenergetics, Industrial, Inorganic, Agricultural, Environmental, Enzymology, Pathwaysss in Bch etc etc etc etc plus abt 13 diff Chemistry courses.

All, just for BCH oo. Really voluminous .
Not funny, But above all, I give God thanks
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by blaqroy: 1:11am On Apr 22, 2017
Na this kind thing dey make chwudren tink suicide.... God forbid
Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by DrP2000(m): 1:16am On Apr 22, 2017
Jman06:
Bro, the pass mark for both medical and dental students is 50% in UNN and other schools. I am typing not based on hearsays but on what i know. Generally, pass mark for all medical and health science courses is 50%. I'm in Pharmacy school so I know what i am typing!

My bro, we don't argue on what is verifiable, forget ,what they tell you is different from what happens at the board meeting before the results are published, this is not issue of pharmacy or health sciences, Nsukka is not far from Enugu, go and see things by yourself. This is social media, so won't want to talk much. Pls ask your self why most students that go for remarking end up passing the same course they were said to have failed. But note that they won't want you to go for it, beacaus of the threats associated with it and how they will purposely delay it to frustrate you for a year or more. We have been previlege to observe the board meeting not once or twice, so this is not hear say or ideal thing but the reality. Now I can comfortable tell you that the number of students that pass each MB is dependent on the decision of the dean , and the ruling cabal of lecturers. Occasionally the provost has an input if there are protest or squabbles during the board meeting. Why is that results are not published by the departments, why must all be collated and debated on by the board before it is released? Pls also note that in medicine, they still.practice quota system especially in 2mb. That you are in pharmacy is good but your relationship (course wise) with medical students ends after first year before their crossover, then they are not even regarded as medical students, it those that passed this exam now are medical students. So your Nsukka standard and orientation are completely different, go and see by yourself, its when they cross over that they face the reality of being in medical college.

1 Like

Re: See UNN Medical Exam Result That's Got Everyone Crying [picture] by HIScraziness(m): 1:28am On Apr 22, 2017
majalisa:
don't know why biochemistry courses are like that for mbbs students, then in ABU there was this lecturer in the biochemistry department called njokur. Took U02MD classes in preclinicals, this oga made the courses so difficult that boys created a rumour that he was withdrawn from one of the faculties in the Bermuda triangle hence his sadistic inclinations towards us
But truth is I hate bchm courses

biochemistry is not a course anybody can toil with at all, you gat to sit down and read again, again and again! all I do is cram it tho... lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

UNIBEN - 2015/2016 Postgraduate Application Is Out / Check OAU 2008/2009 Admission List Here / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.